Newbie 817 (Game over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
bouchedufou
bouchedufou
Townie
bouchedufou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:22 am

Post by bouchedufou »

Yippee! Started!

So this is a random vote to get the guy to claim?

vote- iamausernam

Now what happens?
bouchedufou
bouchedufou
Townie
bouchedufou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (isolation #1) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:15 pm

Post by bouchedufou »

For the intro- never played before, just read a mafia game on another forum, thought it sounded pretty cool, and decided to get some experience before joining one.

Well, isn't it random at the beginning of the game if there hasn't been night? Since nobody has any idea at all?
So we're not supposed to claim? sorry, this is slightly confusing. The game I saw was probably wierd- it was themed and all.

Anyway, what do we do if we don't claim? Apart from making useless and irrelevant posts?
bouchedufou
bouchedufou
Townie
bouchedufou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (isolation #2) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:19 pm

Post by bouchedufou »

oh, yeah, just to show I've got no hard feelings,
unvote: iamausernam
And could you please explain why we shouldn't have a no lynch vote? Because from what I see, this first day we have no info at all to go on. And like you said, we're more likely to lynch a townie than a mafia dude. That's what the guys on the game I was watching said too, but they didn't really explain it.
bouchedufou
bouchedufou
Townie
bouchedufou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (isolation #3) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:20 pm

Post by bouchedufou »

woops, wrong bbs

unvote: iamausernam
bouchedufou
bouchedufou
Townie
bouchedufou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (isolation #4) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:37 pm

Post by bouchedufou »

Hell yeah, baby grands are sleek, black and sexy!

I'm curious too now- why do you say your vote for Halidon isn't random?
bouchedufou
bouchedufou
Townie
bouchedufou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (isolation #5) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:37 pm

Post by bouchedufou »

^directed at iamusername
bouchedufou
bouchedufou
Townie
bouchedufou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #25 (isolation #6) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:25 pm

Post by bouchedufou »

Answering iama's q- I thought we were supposed to claim, because that's what I think people did in the game I watched. Which, I guess because it was themed, made it different, or maybe I remembered wrong.

lol- I think what iamusername found suspicious about bagsquad is that he had no earlier posts. Lurker!!!!

Wait, is baggy a lurker? What is a lurker? Can they be dangerous, or just annoying?
bouchedufou
bouchedufou
Townie
bouchedufou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #26 (isolation #7) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:40 pm

Post by bouchedufou »

on a similar note, I'd like to

vote: jeromus

Because apart from the first random vote, he's done nothing, and I'd like him to speak up.
bouchedufou
bouchedufou
Townie
bouchedufou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #41 (isolation #8) » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:30 am

Post by bouchedufou »

I'll make this short- gotta go to school.

I agree that the outlook for bagsquad looks pretty bad, but for the sake of squeezing more info, I still think jeromus should at least post or get replaced.

Anyways, sorry about all the double posting.
bouchedufou
bouchedufou
Townie
bouchedufou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #53 (isolation #9) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:57 pm

Post by bouchedufou »

The problem as I see it is, now we're pretty much back to the random stage. Very few solid leads apart from baggy, and he's not doing anything to defend himself. Therefore, I think we should ignore baggy unless he speaks up as we've still got 3 weeks to go over.

I'll
unvote
since jeromus is back online

Now what I'd like to know is why 3 people are jumping on startransmission? Anybody care to explain why they feel he's scummy?

He's also brought up quite a decent point
startransmission wrote:
BagSquad wrote:
iamausername wrote:
Unvote, Vote: BagSquad
. Based on what everyone has posted so far, he seems most likely to be scum.
>:(

Vote:
iamausername
If you're going to break out an OMGUS at least write something.

I do want to know what iamusername found especially scummy about your earlier posts though.
I'd like to know too.

Of course, if baggy turns out to be innocent and startranny (sorry, couldn't resist :p) is mafia, I'm gonna be on the chopping block next, aren't I?
bouchedufou
bouchedufou
Townie
bouchedufou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #59 (isolation #10) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:40 pm

Post by bouchedufou »

Why would you think a random vote would lead to a claim? It would be random, if you just chose someone. You didn't.

You said this:

bouchedufou wrote:
Yippee! Started!

So this is a random vote to get the guy to claim?

vote- iamausernam

Now what happens?

You said, in more or less words, that you want this person to claim, therefore making your random vote, a non-random vote. Your statement can be taken as you are scum and want to know what username's role is so you know whether or not he's worth it to vote for or NK.
Sorry, like I explained before, I got confused because the game I watched was on a different site and themed (vampires or something), and for some reason I thought you were supposed to claim. I have read the main guide now though, and some other stuff.
You are also bouncing around your votes quite a bit. You need to be careful of that, it's normally typical of scum to bounce around on different wagons.
I'm not bouncing my votes around- the first one I didn't really know what I was supposed to do, the second one I was trying to get Jeromus to respond. And once he did and explained himself, I unvoted him. No other votes. After that, I was careful not to vote too often, despite my suspicions of Baggy.

The reason I think we're now back to the random stage is because personally I don't think we have much info so far. I have in fact read over all 3 pages just now, and about the only criticism on Startrannie is that he's aggressive. I don't feel that to be very suspicious.

Oddly enough, now that I've read over everything, I appear to be the most suspicious, lol. Firstly, because when I voted jeromus (because he hadn't posted then, apart from the first one) Startrannie had already voted for jeromus (in the random vote stage). In my defense, that was an accident, I didn't read up that time, and missed the first vote. Secondly, because I now seem to be defending Startrannie.

To be clear- I'm not saying Startrannie isn't mafia or anything, it's just that I don't think his aggression is suspicious. Correct me if I'm wrong, but all the suspicions so far are a matter of 'in my last game the mafia were aggressive/acting like you'.

What I'd like to know, Starbuck, is why did you bring up Halidon?

Btw, thanks for that tip of copying and pasting from word. Certainly makes reading over easier. Now why didn't I think of that before? lol
bouchedufou
bouchedufou
Townie
bouchedufou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #69 (isolation #11) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:56 pm

Post by bouchedufou »

Vel-Rahn Koon wrote:
bouchedufou wrote:The problem as I see it is, now we're pretty much back to the random stage. Very few solid leads apart from baggy, and he's not doing anything to defend himself. Therefore, I think we should ignore baggy unless he speaks up as we've still got 3 weeks to go over.

How is ignoring him going to help? If he's town, he's not helping us win the game and he's not living up to his win condition. If he's scum, you're giving him a free pass. Ignoring him is the worst thing we can do. Bag either needs to answer the questions asked of him, or get replaced so we can have someone in there who is willing to, you know,
play the game
Maybe ignore is the wrong word, but read one of my earlier posts. I'm basically saying that until he reacts, it's pointless for us to focus on baggy. We'll be bogged down on somebody who we'll probably lynch anyway, when instead we could be examining someone else. If he replies, we should definitely pay attention, but right now? Our time would be better spent turning up the heat rather than sitting around congratulating ourselves.
bouchedufou
bouchedufou
Townie
bouchedufou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #70 (isolation #12) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:06 pm

Post by bouchedufou »

On baggy again, I think I agree with Starbuck. Reading over Baggy's history again, it seems as if he's the kind of guy who starts and then just leaves. Of course, it's difficult to tell because he started off confirming like everyone else quite quickly. However, past that he just didn't really do anything.
The good news is that baggy has a 72hour deadline to reply, then 48 hours after that. If he doesn't, then I'd go with Starbuck in that he's a jerk who can't decide whether he can be bothered or not, plus the Mod gets us a substitute. Which doesn't mean the substitute is off the hook of course, but at least we'd get somebody who'll post a reply.

So baggy? Are you out there? If you are, please remember that deadline. If not, get him sacked already!
bouchedufou
bouchedufou
Townie
bouchedufou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #78 (isolation #13) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:47 pm

Post by bouchedufou »

If Starbuck hadn't defended my honour, I may well be now writing myself into a hissy fit. But seeing as it has been pointed out, I'll just satisfy myself by saying that, if you didn't live in such a heat-stroke ridden region as Australia, and instead inhabited someplace with a decent climate such as NZ, you would have seen that I was clearly referring to Baggy. I do in fact know that Starbuck and Maemuki appear to be female.

There we go, I'm now satisfied, lol.

A Q for the
Mod
: We won't get a forced replacement, but since his last reply was
Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:16 am Post subject: 49
, if he doesn't respond at all by Sat Aug 1, 8:16 am, under the rules he'll still get replaced, right?

On another topic, @VRK: like I said, it's almost random now.

So, I'd agree and like iama to answer VRK's question
bouchedufou
bouchedufou
Townie
bouchedufou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #88 (isolation #14) » Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:46 pm

Post by bouchedufou »

@hiphop: what kind of a response are you going for from iama right now? At least ask him a question.

Now I'm getting confused. Do we take what hiphop says at face value? The main accusations against baggy from what I read were:
a) unresponsive
b) replies were nonsense.

Now hiphop comes along and says he will be responsive, and try to do something. What now?
bouchedufou
bouchedufou
Townie
bouchedufou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #116 (isolation #15) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:59 pm

Post by bouchedufou »

Sorry guys, I got slightly bored just before the massive post explosion, and couldn't get on this morning.

Just to get things straight: I did NOT target you, hiphop. This is my first game. Ever. I haven't even played any themed games- I happened to watch one of those, which was happening in a forum I read, and got interested. The reason I asked those questions about you is that I actually was confused and was whether if in your experience he should be trusted. No sarcasm or whatever was intended.

Now, that said, is it just me or is hiphop seem to be trying TOO hard to prove he isn't scum? Admittedly, he had to convince us baggy was just a bad poster, so he had to put in some effort. The thing is, his first post sort of convinced me, but he did seem to go on for a bit afterwards. Or am I just feeling vindictive because now he's voted for me?

The only slightly dodgy one in my eyes at the moment otherwise might be Jeromus. Why is it that he seems to do only the bare minimum of posts? Isn't that quite convenient that he has laptop charger problems? Although, if that's really the case, sorry, but could you give us a time when you'll be regularly online again? (btw, I think somebody mentioned this earlier, but I can't find it now. Anyway, thought the point was good enough to point out again)

@hiphop again: Like I asked the first time, you say you want a response from people. What response do you want from me? In the same vein, what response did you want from This vote doesn't even seem to be targeted at trying to get information. Now you're randomly voting around because I asked some questions (although you did think I was targeting you) and you didn't like me?
P.S. you're a major improvement over baggy, even if I still think you're slightly suspicious.
P.S.S. How do I get an avatar?
bouchedufou
bouchedufou
Townie
bouchedufou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #117 (isolation #16) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:05 pm

Post by bouchedufou »

don't worry about PSS, I went to change my email and found the avatar thing
bouchedufou
bouchedufou
Townie
bouchedufou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #123 (isolation #17) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:06 pm

Post by bouchedufou »

Bouched, you can only use the "I am new" excuse for so long. You are also using this excuse against another new player to this site which brings you no merit. Your reasoning here says nothing about you being confused about hiphop's experience:
I'm not using it as an excuse, I was annoyed that hiphop didn't bother reading through all the posts, and I was explaining again why I might be asking what you guys seem to think to be pretty stupid questions. Allow me to say again:
I wasn't being sarcastic or anything. I really wasn't sure what should be done
. Plus I feel they're not that stupid anyway, since they seem to be stimulating quite a bit of stuff.
@ iamusername What makes you think that bouched is more likely town than Maemuki?
Just because he said he has only played themed base games, doesn't qualify him as non-mafia.
(bold added for emphasis)
He also targeted me first, after I only made 1 post.
Therefore,
unvote
vote:bouchedufou
I think you are being very vindictive because he is now voting for you. It seems as though you are overreacting because he found you out.
bouchedufou wrote:
@hiphop again: Like I asked the first time, you say you want a response from people. What response do you want from me? In the same vein, what response did you want from This vote doesn't even seem to be targeted at trying to get information. Now you're randomly voting around because I asked some questions (although you did think I was targeting you) and you didn't like me?

Why do you think a vote should only be used to garner information? It seems that hiphop senses that he found scum and is therefore voting for the scummiest player in his eyes, which is what a person should do. You are accusing him of randomly voting around. His vote on you isn't at all random. Did you not read his post? He gave a reason as to why he was voting you.

Why don't you go back and re-read a bit before your next post. We are only on page 5 and it seems like you already need to re-read what has taken place.
1. I wasn't being vindictive. I felt suspicious of hiphop, while I was reading through even before reaching his vote on me. Why? First he voted for iama with no explanation, reason, nothing. Then when iama voted for startran, he switched over and followed along. Then he switched to me. I was told, and I agree, that votes shouldn't be just swapped like hotcakes. If I might add, I was feeling slightly suspicious since before reading his vote for me, I only added that last part to highlight the possibility that I might be biased. Also, hiphop wasn't my main suspicion at the time- I was more worried about Jeromus because of his fewer posts due to recharging problems.

2. Answering your question, I think votes should gather info because votes are mainly a way of attracting attention, and should be accompanied with a question or something for once that attention is attracted.

3. If you would reread hiphop's post, quoted above and tell me again that hiphop at the time feels he found scum and was voting for the scummiest player? "He also targeted me first, after I only made 1 post.". He was targeting me because apparently I targeted him first. Yes, it's a reason, but not something to vote for. Not to mention his two previous votes- as I said, they seem to be random votes.

Stop telling me to re-read, I HAVE re-read. Many times, looking for descrepencies. While you haven't even bothered to look up your claims, and start accusing me of being vindictive and over-reacting.

Maybe I should ask you, Starbuck, why you first tried to convince us that baggy was innocent (and, admittedly, I believed you, since there was something in what you said). Then you accuse me of being a bad player, tell me to re-read while at the same time twist what was actually said. I’m not going to vote for Starbuck yet, because maybe she’s right and hiphop isn’t scum. However, I’ll
FoS
you, because if hiphop is scum, then you’ve got some explaining to do.

I am going to go with my feeling right now. Since Startran is no longer voting for hiphop, I’m going to
vote: hiphop
. A reminder, just in case: nobody else vote for hiphop now. If through your own analysis feel he's mafia, then FoS him. We want the day to go the full time.
bouchedufou
bouchedufou
Townie
bouchedufou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #124 (isolation #18) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:18 pm

Post by bouchedufou »

@VRK

No, I don't think hiphop should be held responsible for what baggy did. In fact, I happen to agree with Starbuck that baggy probably was just a horrible player, regardless of whether he's mafia or not. I do think hiphop doesn't feel right, a feeling which I believe to be not just because he voted for me. It's also because I don't feel any other candidates are as suspicious as he is right now.

However, I'd still like jeromus to give us an estimate of when exactly he'll be fully online again? Can you go to the local library/friend/school? No accusations or anything yet, it's just that the silence is making me feel uncomfortable.
bouchedufou
bouchedufou
Townie
bouchedufou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #162 (isolation #19) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:02 pm

Post by bouchedufou »

Erk, sorry Starbuck, I'm afraid my silence recently was mainly due to going down skiing for the weekend, and not because I was analysing the previous posts. Although since you pointed it out, I have been trying to spot anything suspicious.

For now I think I've been writing too much about nothing, and wait and see the evaluations of everybody else. I'll be here if anyone wants to ask any questions though.
@Starbuck, I thought I answered your questions in post 123, and read over most of your posts, but if you feel there's anything I wasn't being clear, or missed out, just ask me.
bouchedufou
bouchedufou
Townie
bouchedufou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #168 (isolation #20) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:40 pm

Post by bouchedufou »

Ugh. Correct me if I'm getting this all confused, but what I'm reading from VKR's post is that I'm most likely to be lynched at this point because I've been an idiot, sticking my neck out a fair bit. Ergo, quite a few people have posted their opinions on me, and so I'll provide more information if I get lynched than anyone else? Bugger.

So, er, are there any tips/hints as to how to tease out information without making yourself a good guy to lynch?

Also, since quite a few people out there have stated that they think hiphop is not scum, and I really don't have anything to go against him, other than my gut, which apparently is compromised, should I unvote?

Finally, @hiphop, care to share your reason for voting me? Other than that you felt I was targeting you, and targeting me back would be a way to get people off your back?
bouchedufou
bouchedufou
Townie
bouchedufou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #192 (isolation #21) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:34 pm

Post by bouchedufou »

When hiphop first voted for Maemuki I was thinking that if we lynched hiphop and he turned out to be scum, Maemuki would probably be town. However, is it suspicious that hiphop switched votes rather quickly away from Maemuki without any real reason (Maemuki hadn't posted yet at that point, and why didn't hiphop start voting iama?). Is this suspicion valid, or is it merely due to hiphop's wild voting? I'd like to know how are the more experienced players reading this?
bouchedufou
bouchedufou
Townie
bouchedufou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #243 (isolation #22) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:41 pm

Post by bouchedufou »

I'm getting a lot of assignments right now, as well as a series of tests next week. However, I'd really like to continue playing, and after that it'll be mid-Term holidays. Would you guys be ok with me staying on- I'd still try to play as much as I can, but probably less analysis and re-reading? Or should I ask Elmo to replace me?
bouchedufou
bouchedufou
Townie
bouchedufou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #254 (isolation #23) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:20 pm

Post by bouchedufou »

I'd like to stay in on the game, but I really don't have a lot of time to spare right now. So I'll just post what I feel from my reading so far, without much back-up.

My first reaction to the night kill is VRK. Now, I know he could have been framed, so rather than go into a WIFOM discussion of why he was killed, could somebody look up iama's suspicions on VRK? And also any other suspicions he had.

My second reaction (and for some reason initially I thought I was being influenced by startran here) is hiphop's claim that he was against voting for Maemuki might have been false. Then I read over, and it appears hiphop just before he votes IS saying that he wants to give Maemuki a chance. And so I read over startran, thinking that maybe he's falsely accusing hiphop and I find there isn't an accusation at all. It seems Hiphop placed that suspicion in my mind with his own post. He SEEMS to be giving Maemuki a chance, with about an hour to go. Did he think she's innocent? Or did he try too hard to make his vote look innocent?

Or am I reading too much into this?

Again, sorry about the lack of in depth analysis and reading-back over previous days. I'd really like to stay in the game, but for the next week, time is limited. So above is my view, and if you guys want me replaced, send an email to Elmo. I've already sent him an email saying that if the majority want to replace me, I'm ok with being replaced.
bouchedufou
bouchedufou
Townie
bouchedufou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #274 (isolation #24) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:51 pm

Post by bouchedufou »

Just a quickie to stay in the game. I'd like to keep voting for hiphop from the day so far, but obviously I can't, so i'll

FOS: hiphop

Plus, I'll expand on this later, but I recall having suspicions that if hiphop was scum, then I would be highly suspicious of Starbuck. Now, we haven't confirmed hiphop yet, but because he seems highly suspicious, I'd like to re
FOS: Starbuck
, just to remind myself later on to reread why I was suspicious before. I might undo that fos though, but I'll leave it there until I've read back.

On VRK. I don't know about accusations of scumminess. Firstly, I enjoyed reading his analysis, and when I have time, I'll probably go over the posts he mentioned and see how my analysis matches up. I'd prefer not to kill off this guy too early since we have quite a bit to learn from him and his analysis of the play. Plus, if he continues to go into detailed analysis, it'll be easier for us to trip him up (although again, unlikely since he's so experienced).

The rest? Beats me. Don't remember enough.
bouchedufou
bouchedufou
Townie
bouchedufou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #281 (isolation #25) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:29 pm

Post by bouchedufou »

@hiphop. Since the day before, I've been suspicious toward you because of a feeling that you're protesting your innocence too much. But on day 1, everyone thought that opinion wasn't valid. At the beginning of day 2, I also felt that you were trying too hard not to seem town. Also, I thought that votes carried on from the day before.

[q]No the assumption I am making is that you said that in post 265 that scum would not be the L-1 and hammer votes. I made the hammer vote, did I not? Your own logic said scum would not do that.[/q]
It's not your hammer vote that's suspicious, but rather that you said so much stuff before you voted.
bouchedufou
bouchedufou
Townie
bouchedufou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #298 (isolation #26) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:37 pm

Post by bouchedufou »

ok, I've finally pinpointed way back in day 1 why I was initially FOSing Starbuck. It was basically a mostly groundless accusation that she was defending hiphop. I do think however that she was either misreading hiphop's posts or was trying a bit hard in making the way easier for the replacement.
Why do you think a vote should only be used to garner information? It seems that hiphop senses that he found scum and is therefore voting for the scummiest player in his eyes, which is what a person should do. You are accusing him of randomly voting around.
His vote on you isn't at all random. Did you not read his post? He gave a reason as to why he was voting you.
Bold was placed by me

The thing is though, his vote on me
was
essentially random. He was frantically lashing out, like what he's doing now. Maybe it's hiphop's play style, maybe he's getting desperate. Plus, it seems most of us are discounting hiphop's predecessor. When VRK asked me whether he should be held accountable for baggy's posts, I replied at the time no. Now, baggy's posts, in any other case would have been read as mafia. The problem is that he was inactive. He was a bad player. And there's a possibility that he may have been derailing town just for no reason. But while there's that possibility, we also have to keep in mind that his posts are still highly suspicious, and should not be completely ignored.

So, I'll
unFOS Starbuck
. Because there really isn't anything to go on, if hiphop is scum. And if hiphop turns out to be town, then personally, I'd probably find her less guilty because she wasn't pushing all that hard for hiphop's lynch before when there wasn't much solid about our suspicions, at a time when she could easily have pressed on for an easy lynch. That said, this analysis may be WIFOM? Because her vote effectively turned Mae into the easy vote as the alternative to no-lynch. All that said, my gut tells me she's town.

As for hiphop, I still find him suspicions despite his posts. He goes a bit too much into the technicalities of percentages- forget about that for now, they're useless for helping us determine whether or not you're mafia. Plus, he seems unwilling to claim. I read this as either he's got a non-vanilla town role, or he's mafia- can someone tell me whether this is normally correct, or if I'm wrong, how this is wrong? I think the reason we want you to claim now, rather than just before the lynch, as you say you'd prefer to do, is that if your claim comes out as true, then we have time to choose someone else to lynch.

@VRK's question. Not sure about his partner. From what I remember and a general read-through, nothing jumps out at me. I'll go over it all again later in detail to see if there's anything I've missed.
bouchedufou
bouchedufou
Townie
bouchedufou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #317 (isolation #27) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:36 pm

Post by bouchedufou »

Yeah, starbuck, what do you mean by claiming town? Vanilla town, or just that you're on the town side? Because claiming you're on the town's side is absolutely useless.

All the same, I still think she might be town. I have some reasons as to why, but I'd prefer to see what Starbuck says to defend herself before I give them.

Petunho's speculation that VRK and Starbuck are working together because they don't mention each other seems to be going slightly overboard. I mean, I haven't really mentioned crazy and crazy has even defended me at the beginning. Same with me and Petunho or Startran. A bit clutching at straws. Petunho, you yourself haven't said much against Startran, nor he against you. Are you two scum?

However, what Startran pointed out about Crazy does strike me as a valid point. Why did Crazy FoS Petunho? Petunho really doesn't seem very suspicious to me, and your FoS at him whilst defending Starbuck seems like you're trying to move suspicions away from Starbuck. Mind giving us some reason behind the FoS?

And finally, I'm going to continue to ride the horse on Hiphop. I don't like how on day 1 somehow everything just suddenly went from him to Maemuki. Although notice how Maemuki didn't vote? Which is kinda strange.
bouchedufou
bouchedufou
Townie
bouchedufou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #320 (isolation #28) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:09 am

Post by bouchedufou »

So, this means hiphop is either a mafia or special role, since he's unwilling to claim, right?
bouchedufou
bouchedufou
Townie
bouchedufou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #335 (isolation #29) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:52 pm

Post by bouchedufou »

A Hiphop/Starbuck pair doesn't really make sense- Starbuck was hammering Hiphop quite a bit back in day one. And now Hiphop is hammering Starbuck. One of them being mafia I'd agree with, but both? I don't quite follow your read that they're both mafia.
bouchedufou
bouchedufou
Townie
bouchedufou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #338 (isolation #30) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:07 pm

Post by bouchedufou »

You're right, hiphop, I'd really prefer to vote for you. The problem is, I can't see who your scum-buddy would be. Whereas Crazy has defended Starbuck quite a bit, not to mention putting up a rather uncalled for FoS.

So, could Crazy give a response? And VRK, that post 334 of yours really doesn't make as much sense as your piece at the beginning of day 2 on day 1. Mind explaining your suspicions of why Starbuck and Hiphop are both mafia together?

Come on, people, we have less than 4 days.
bouchedufou
bouchedufou
Townie
bouchedufou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #343 (isolation #31) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:15 pm

Post by bouchedufou »

I must admit that I took Petunho/Startran's word that Starbuck's vote caused the swing towards Maemuki, but hiphop and crazy are prompting me to read back over and look again at their assertions.

After reading through, I think I'll reaffirm my views that Starbuck does not appear to me to be mafia. I can't pinpoint my exact reasons why, it's just a feeling that what she does seems to be earnest to me. Maybe I shouldn't trust my feelings at all, since this is my first game, but from my reading, that's how I feel.

And so, if I were to vote from the day so far apart from events on Saturday today, I would be voting hiphop. However, and here's what really is getting to me, is that hiphop has made a very good point. Petunho and Startran have painted Starbuck to be the turning point. But I feel her post didn't really feel at all like a turning point- as town, we had to lynch someone, and Maemuki was also really suspicious to her. Who started the Maemuki thing? Petunho, and Startran. Now, today, who started the Starbuck thing? Petunho and Startran.

Maybe, there is something obviously suspicious about Starbuck that I haven't picked up, and those two have. But if that is so, then why hasn't VRK picked it up? Those two, Petunho and Startran (I'll refer to them by PS) have outlined suspicions against a Starbuck/VRK and Starbuck/Crazy scum pair. Which would suggest they are also a possible scum pair. Unfortunately, this isn't really suspicious because I also find Starbuck/Crazy possible due to Crazy seemingly trying to pull attention away from Starbuck. Starbuck/VRK I don't see, but there also isn't anything that shouts out to me it isn't possible. What sucks here is VRK's absence. It's making things slightly difficult.

Unfortunately, I still don't feel confident enough yet to vote either of PS, since there really isn't much to my suspicions.
@hiphop, I'm really sorry. Now, you're going to feel like I'm picking on you, and I probably am. However, your play style really makes me uncomfortable and make me think you're mafia, perhaps you should consider changing it? Or maybe I should get less sensitive, lol. It's just the way you're jumping around makes me feel very uncomfortable. At this point, I almost feel you might be town. And your argument against PS is very compelling. But unless someone else like VRK or Starbuck backs your suspicions against PS, I'm going to
vote: hiphop

If you happen to be mafia, my suspicions would turn to VRK. If you happen to be town, it would be at a PS or Starbuck/Crazy pair.
bouchedufou
bouchedufou
Townie
bouchedufou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #358 (isolation #32) » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:30 am

Post by bouchedufou »

Sorry I've been letting everyone else defend me. Had a long day.
Oh, so someone that is almost town can be scum. Interesting point. That was sarcasm.
The reason I said you seemed almost town is because that point about P/S was quite interesting, in my opinion. Notice the almost- it doesn't make you any less scummy, it's just that I felt this was a valid point to have been made, even if you were still jumping around. However, those suspicions still remain. No-one else seems to think a P/S pair is likely. I don't think Starbuck is scummy. So I'll stick with you.
bouchedufou
bouchedufou
Townie
bouchedufou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #373 (isolation #33) » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:44 pm

Post by bouchedufou »

Er... Startran, your post 287 does not explain why you're going after Starbuck. It only states why you were going after hiphop.

Dammit. But I thought Starbuck was innocent. She defended hiphop when he replaced in, rather than just go along with an easy lynch.
bouchedufou
bouchedufou
Townie
bouchedufou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #375 (isolation #34) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:15 pm

Post by bouchedufou »

Ok, bugger. I'm more inclined to listen to what you say, since Petunho was town. And what you say makes sense in that Starbuck seems to be covering herself when she appears to be "defending" hiphop on day1, then attacking his actions. But then, I was thinking generally the same thing along the lines of hiphop. And just about everybody voted Maemuki. What sucks is that it seems we don't have a doctor or cop.

Can we hear what Crazy and VRK think?
bouchedufou
bouchedufou
Townie
bouchedufou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #385 (isolation #35) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:06 pm

Post by bouchedufou »

Yikes. Feeling slightly depressed, and more than a big clueless. Was convinced hiphop was scum. And he isn't. No-one's really posting anything substantial at all. And VRK seems to be busy.

sigh. Time to reread again, I suppose, and see if anything jumps out this time.
bouchedufou
bouchedufou
Townie
bouchedufou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #386 (isolation #36) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:19 pm

Post by bouchedufou »

^ bit clueless
bouchedufou
bouchedufou
Townie
bouchedufou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #390 (isolation #37) » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:30 pm

Post by bouchedufou »

As an observation, is it worth pointing out that Startransmission was the only active player here? Now, I understand that VRK's busy, but in a situation like this, normally, do scum post a lot/less, or is there not pattern here? Because Starbuck seems to not be posting much. And crazy and me are pretty much posting fluff, atm.
bouchedufou
bouchedufou
Townie
bouchedufou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #394 (isolation #38) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:56 am

Post by bouchedufou »

iamausername wrote:
startransmission wrote:as soon as momentum went against Bagsquad, this game got very very quiet. It wreaks of scum sitting on thier hands and waiting for day two.
Considering he was voting BagSquad at the time, this does not sit well with me.
explanation,
iama wrote:You weren't just voting for BagSquad, you were simultaneously voting for BagSquad and suggesting that scum were trying to get BagSquad lynched. That's what I have a problem with.
Just something I thought was interesting, maybe keep that in mind. I'm about a third of the way through, but I'll continue later.

What I'm finding suspicious about VRK is that he hasn't done much the whole game. Apart from one analysis post (I'll post what I think about that when I reach it), he's been very inactive. Admittedly, he's been busy. But then his main contributions that I can remember off the top of my head have been 2 random, crazy suggestions- hiphop/starbuck and now starbuck/startran. There really hasn't been any reasoning behind those suspicions of his, and they've really only served to muddy the waters for me.

Starbuck, from my reading so far just doesn't seem very scummy. Like VRK, she's posted advice to newbies (perhaps sub-consciously biasing me towards her), but she's also made some pretty full-on posts the whole way through, outlining suspicions and all. And I just don't think Startran's views against Starbuck are valid.

Bringing me back to Startran, your second vote on Maemuki maybe should also bear looking into?

On Crazy? Well, he's sort of like me in that he hasn't done much at all. Plus he seems to have a decent reason to be away. So, no idea?

Main suspicion: VRK- why are you trying to confuse us now with random voting ideas, and in the earlier days doing nothing?
Secondary suspicion, aka worth looking more into: Startran- seem suspicious.

I'd like Starbuck and Crazy to outline any suspicions, please.
bouchedufou
bouchedufou
Townie
bouchedufou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #402 (isolation #39) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:34 pm

Post by bouchedufou »

@Start: Yeah, I think I've sort of given up. Not having a cop really sucks, and I just can't read whether people are scum or not just by their posts. Plus people are dropping out or unavailable, left right and center. I mean, this game has been really helpful in terms of understanding the basics, and I'm quite getting into a themed game right now, but the lack of investigative roles here is too crazy to analyse.

@crazy: Yeah, I probably over reacted a bit to hiphop. However, I never criticized hiphop about unvoting or voting Maemuki. I just really disliked his jumping around with his votes, which was also the reason why I voted for hiphop. I mean, that's pretty much why everyone voted for hiphop- because his actions seemed scummy at the time. I was still suspicious of hiphop from day 1, and he kept feeling scummy. Now we can say that's just how he plays, but it felt odd. Also, yesterday, I felt Starbuck was town. The stuff against her was pretty much the timing of her vote against Maemuki or switching from hiphop. And now I don't know what to think since no-one really seems scummy, and no-one I really feel is town.
bouchedufou
bouchedufou
Townie
bouchedufou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #425 (isolation #40) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:57 pm

Post by bouchedufou »

I'm vanilla too.

Sorry guys, I had an assignment due. And pretty much what I'd expected. No roles at all. What now, guys?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”