rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:28 am

Post by rolandofthewhite »

Unvote; Vote: Doom Cow
Quiero hacer contigo lo que la primavera hace con los cerezos.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:29 am

Post by mith »

Well, I think *almost* everything I would have said at this point has been said. Two things though:
how about we no lynch
, don't lose a protown player and have mith kill pb? see how that works better?
so...
need a new bandwagon
. unvote
Does Coron always make this little sense?
vote: Doom Cow for six super short posts that either cast votes/unvotes or apologize for being inactive
I'm not against this bandwagon exactly (lynching lurkers is certainly better than a no lynch). However, do we really learn anything from it? With so many not posting and no sign of prodding, it is more likely that DoomCow's posting pattern has more to do with him not actually being around that anything malicious on his part. I'm much more suspicious of people like PB and roland who are posting *lots* of short content-less posts.

My vote remains for now. I'm not going to panic about a deadline that hasn't even been set, I know I'll be around to switch if I need to. If I do switch, it would be to Locus at the moment, as

a. He's not me.
b. That's got to be one of the least convincing "claim"s I've ever seen.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:46 am

Post by Coron »

mith wrote:Well, I think *almost* everything I would have said at this point has been said. Two things though:
how about we no lynch
, don't lose a protown player and have mith kill pb? see how that works better?
so...
need a new bandwagon
. unvote
Does Coron always make this little sense?
Yes unfortunately.
I meant of the 2 options StD(I believe it was) was presenting.
DoomCow
DoomCow
Goon
DoomCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:56 am

Post by DoomCow »

I'm still here, just don't have to much time to spend to deeply analyze the game and posts and such. I do try to keep up with the reading (though I skipped a few posts in there) and didn't post because I have nothing additional to add. And I'm not the kind of person to go and interrupt a decent discussion with empty and hollow words. I'd rather skim through the new posts, and post when I got something to add. Once in a while I do a recheck on the game and make notes. (that reminds, got to do that again soon, but things are kinda hectic and it's not going to happen tonight or tomorrow. Probably thursday or friday).
No you weren't there when nothing happened baby, some fool can testify. Nobody saw your nails were dirty baby, just blame the flirty vile. You've got to say the wrong words right baby, you got to tell a lie.
-'Lie' Daan
Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:56 am

Post by Locus Cosecant »

Fine, I can go for a lurker if you guys want to give mith time to self-confirm. Please don't kill me tonight, mith. (Where is my white knight? Where is my confirmer? I realize how weak this is without someone backing me up. :()

DoomCow, a post saying "I'm still here, more content later" doesn't do much when we have a Deadline of Damocles hanging over us. Please hurry, or my vote will find you.
Show
[size=75]Stats:
Pro-Town: 14 of 17 games
Doctor: 3 of 17 games
Cop: 2 of 17 games
Wins: 12 of 17 games
Lynched Scum: 16 of 27 lynches
Vig-killed Scum: 1 of 1 vig-kills
Survived/NightKilled/Lynched: 5/11/1 games
[/size]
Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:58 am

Post by Locus Cosecant »

Fine, I can go for a lurker if you guys want to give mith time to self-confirm. Please don't kill me tonight, mith. (Where is my white knight? Where is my confirmer? I realize how weak this is without someone backing me up. :()

DoomCow, a post saying "I'm still here, more content later" doesn't do much when we have a Deadline of Damocles hanging over us. Please hurry, or my vote will find you.
Show
[size=75]Stats:
[/size]
olio
olio
Mafia Scum
olio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:51 pm

Post by olio »

Lo! He emerges!

unvote
vote: Doomcow
[size=75]Music makes the world go 'round,
there's no life without a sound.[/size]
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:58 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

If we're lurker hunting, wouldn't, say, Dragon Phoenix be a better move? He has eleven posts, but on the other hand, it's been more than a month and a half since his last post. At least we have some sign that DoomCow is here, and he's promised something- we can give him until Friday, since there's no final deadline yet.

As I was pretty inactive, too, I don't really find it appropriate that someone who had actually posted relatively recently. Electra last posted on the 6th and has eight posts, Gaspode on the 1st of MARCH and has only eleven, even with all the suspicion on him (why did we stop thinking he was guilty?), and myself (previous to now) posted on the 6th and have seven posts (I felt like shutting up for a bit after a certain blunder on my part was pointed out, and it went on a bit longer than I'd planned due to inattention), JDTAY last posted MARCH 5th and has six posts, and KingEnigma on... get this... the 7th of --February-- with -TWO- posts. There are probably more, but I only got halfway down the player list before giving up. The only reason I can see to pick DoomCow is because he posted recently enough for you to
remember that he's playing

This isn't really meant to be a defense for DoomCow so much as a pointing out that there are better targets for the "He's a useless lurker" argument. Like KingEnigma. I had to check the 'players alive' list after I saw when he last posted, because I thought he had to be dead after that long of a silence. Seriously.
To be Continued...
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:35 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

DarkLight140 wrote:If we're lurker hunting, wouldn't, say, Dragon Phoenix be a better move?
I have left the game early April (see posts in sign-up thread).
Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:11 am

Post by Locus Cosecant »

The mod hasn't even replaced the people who have quit, and he wants to give us a deadline? Poor form.
Show
[size=75]Stats:
[/size]
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:58 am

Post by mith »

Come on mods. Find a third, if you need to. I'm still having fun arguing with everyone in sight, but this game is going nowhere.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:18 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Both Flying Dutchman and King Enigma are being replaced. Once replacement PM confirmations come to me from the replacements i'll post it officially. Prods going out to inactive players now.
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:19 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Deadline set for Tuesday, May 3rd at 8PM.
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
DoomCow
DoomCow
Goon
DoomCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:21 am

Post by DoomCow »

I'm mostly read up at this point, and my main suspicion, still lies with Mith.

As for my defense, all teh accusations against me are true. I don´t post that much, and my posts are short and void of information. Just look back and see, it´s true. However, that does not mean I´m scum, it just means I don´t post much.

As for my role, I think it is safe to say that I´m looking for a certain character. Once I find him, my role becomes usefull. (Even though it has lost a great deal of potential allready, at least in my eyes)
No you weren't there when nothing happened baby, some fool can testify. Nobody saw your nails were dirty baby, just blame the flirty vile. You've got to say the wrong words right baby, you got to tell a lie.
-'Lie' Daan
The_Machine86
The_Machine86
Goon
The_Machine86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:17 pm

Post by The_Machine86 »

Sup, I'm replacing someone, don't know who yet though
"A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me, she said 'no'."
Woody Allen
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:25 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Apparently I'm the other replacement, then, though I don't know who just yet either.

Reading back over the thread just now...
Retired as of October 2014.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:56 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

This is going to be a little bizarre, because I don't even know who I am (well, I know who I *am*, but not who I *was*...)

Anyway, at this point I'm willing to let mith try to confirm his role overnight. I suspect if he's protown, some scum group will kill him anyway (do we want a doc to protect our cop investigation tonight?). If he lives, everything that has been said so far makes it sound like it'll be fairly easy to decipher his role. His logic has been fairly unassailable, which is more than I can say for most in this game...

Unvote
if I was, thought I doubt it (presumably I'm either KE or FD). I've got some lesser suspicions as well, but right now Locus Cosecant seems like the best lynch. I've played with
IS
Coron before, and yes, he's always like this. PB is too, but I can't tell yet whether he's being unhelpful because he's PB, or unhelpful because he's scum and PB :roll: .
Vote: Locus Cosecant
for truly irrational behavior, crap logic, and bandwagoning.

I'd like to know how we're going to decide who mith kills, since he seems to want the town to decide (effectively giving us two lynches, if there's no night-protect). Above all, I'm not interested in another no-lynch though.
Retired as of October 2014.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:26 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Mr. Flay replaces Flying Dutchman.
The_Machine replaces King Enigma

(Hope I didn't get mixed up with that, I'm not on my home computer, though I'm 95% sure that's right).
olio
olio
Mafia Scum
olio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:47 am

Post by olio »

We could vote for mith's target, but as that'll probably take week or two, I still offer myself as a target. Unless mith has someone he suspects more or somebody comes up with better target, feel free to take me down. I'm ready to join Locus-wagon if Doomcow's dies.

Let's get this game moving!
mod
, how about a vote count? :)
[size=75]Music makes the world go 'round,
there's no life without a sound.[/size]
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:47 am

Post by mith »

With the deadline set, and my sister visiting for the weekend, I will go ahead and
Unvote: PeaceBringer, Vote: Locus Cosecant
. Right now I am planning on killing PB, but if something different is decided that's fine too.

DoomCow's most recent post seems a bit odd. Beyond the same stuff again that I said regarding Coron and PB, why make a claim with so few votes on you?
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:25 am

Post by Fuldu »

With the deadline now set and still no one stepping in to confirm Locus, I'm going to have to go to that bandwagon.
vote: Locus Cosecant
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
The_Machine86
The_Machine86
Goon
The_Machine86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:16 am

Post by The_Machine86 »

LC, you haven't posted anything substantial (I may have missed something) in defending yourself for at least three pages

vote Locus Cosecant
"A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me, she said 'no'."
Woody Allen
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:36 am

Post by Seol »

For what it's worth, I'm happy with the "lynch Locus, vig PB" plan.
[i]The hungry maw of Twilight snaps, but shall not have its fill,
Until one man hangs by his neck, by half this curs'd town's will[/i]
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:09 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

Well, while I'd rather have stayed anonymous and not claimed, you guys seem ready to lynch Locus, so I'll do so. I can confirm that Locus is innocent. I'd rather not say how, but, well, it's probably clear from subtext already. So don't lynch him. Seriously. It would be a bad move.
To be Continued...

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”