ZykeZero
ZykeZero
Townie
ZykeZero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:20 pm

Post by ZykeZero »

Haha, Oh jesus. I'm used to one day=one ingame day. Aha, it's all okay. I'll be fine. Why does this forum take weeks for a one day write up out of curiosity?
*twitchy*
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:26 pm

Post by zwetschenwasser »

We are a thinking populace.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:28 pm

Post by chenhsi »

We take a long time to discuss, and don't lynch quickly. Oftentimes, there are RL days that some people can't come on MS, and we want everyone to have a chance to discuss. With a long game day, we get more discussion time.
I lost the game.
ZykeZero
ZykeZero
Townie
ZykeZero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:42 pm

Post by ZykeZero »

I mean, I guess so. Except, there is nothing to discuss. A good player maintains their status each day, only after new write up material is available can there be a sussing out of information and discussion can actually occur. Oh well I s'pose. It'll be easier for me then.
*twitchy*
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:53 pm

There's a lot to discuss, silly one.
ZykeZero
ZykeZero
Townie
ZykeZero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:11 pm

Post by ZykeZero »

What else is there to discuss then currently?
*twitchy*
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:14 pm

Post by semioldguy »

Posted only nine posts ago, and was in the last post when you came back to the thread today:
semioldguy wrote:People who claimed to have warded someone last night also have an insanity rating as per the action they chose last night. What does everyone think about the players with claimed insanity rating claiming the insanities they chose?
This among many other things can still be discussed.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:21 pm

Post by semioldguy »

Vote: ZykeZero

The newbie card is nice and all, but it is clear that there is a whole bunch that can still be discussed just looking through the thread briefly. I don't buy that you actually think there is nothing to discuss. Read the thread. There are questions to be answered and stances to be taken, don't just sit idly by claiming there is nothing to do.
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:33 pm

Post by chenhsi »

ZykeZero wrote:I am missing something. isn't it saturday? The game started on wednesday, shouldn't we have at least one write up? Shouldn't we be on day 2?
Why day 2? If you are used to game day = RL day, then wouldn't you think that it was day 4 or something?

ZykeZero, can you answer my question in post 162?

semioldguy: I agree with claiming the insanity, except that it would be hard to confirm. I see no disadvantage of doing so, however.
I lost the game.
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:39 pm

Post by nhammen »

Night0 noise-claims:

Ward:
Kise
Tuberkulos

Noise and no Ward:
arelian
dramonic
Drench
Exalt
Mastin
xxFabianxx (Tuberkulos claims to have warded him)
zwetschenwasser

No Noise:
12Keyblade
chenhsi
Cephrir
Datadanne
DeathNote
EriktheRed
itacv2
JamesBond
jasonT1981
Magua
nhammen
Nyx
semioldguy
sideney
ZykeZero

Unclaimed:
Sarag (wanted discussion before claiming)
Seraphim wrote:Zwet is on the right track...let's avoid policy lynches and murderer discussion.

Unvote
Vote: Mastin

You say you want reactions. Analyze them or die. If you're going to use scummy tactics to supposedly catch scum, I want to see the scum. Frankly, your actions and self-meta are great cover for a scum player to excuse scummy behavior. "Oh, I always do that." is not an excuse.
Agree on both points.
semioldguy wrote:I would prefer that no one else reply to the following prior to nhammen's response.
nhammen wrote:Didn't think of that! I equipped the wrong thing!
You began the game with more than one item?
I began the game with one item and equipped a second. Neither item was a res kit, and I should have equipped a res kit... my bad!

I would like to know: what was your thought here? Why did you ask about items, as I can't figure it out.
semioldguy wrote:People who claimed to have warded someone last night also have an insanity rating as per the action they chose last night. What does everyone think about the players with claimed insanity rating claiming the insanities they chose?

Don't claim your insanities yet if you are one of those people who warded someone, I want to first make sure there isn't something someone else noticed that I overlooked which would make the insanity claiming a bad idea for the town.
You only gain an insanity from warding if you do it twice in a row.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:49 pm

Post by Magua »

You only gain insanity if you ward twice in a row. As it is d1, no one can have warded twice in a row. Ergo, no insanity.

Look, I'm all for scumhunting and whatnot, but this is a different game with different mechanics, and I think it's important for town to understand these mechanics -- the rules are right there in the first post, yet this is the third mistake I've seen people make in how they work (others being "does every cultist need a fetish for the ritual", and "can we prevent cult kills with enough research").

I think a lot of our success as town is going to lie in understanding how the mechanics work, and using them to our benefit (such as the noise claim leading to a better use of resuscitation).
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:54 pm

Post by semioldguy »

nhammen wrote:
semioldguy wrote:I would prefer that no one else reply to the following prior to nhammen's response.
I began the game with one item and equipped a second. Neither item was a res kit, and I should have equipped a res kit... my bad!

I would like to know: what was your thought here? Why did you ask about items, as I can't figure it out.
I now realize that I misinterpreted the rules. I was thinking that I had to already be in possession of an item before I could equip it. Like keeping it in my backpack and equipping it the night before I wanted to use it, allowing ownership of multiple items, but only being able to equip one at a time.

Also noted about the twice in a row bit for warding.

Note to self (and others): Make sure I fully understand the rules.
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:27 pm

Post by nhammen »

semioldguy wrote:
nhammen wrote:

I now realize that I misinterpreted the rules. I was thinking that I had to already be in possession of an item before I could equip it. Like keeping it in my backpack and equipping it the night before I wanted to use it, allowing ownership of multiple items, but only being able to equip one at a time.

Also noted about the twice in a row bit for warding.

Note to self (and others): Make sure I fully understand the rules.
If you thought this, wouldn't you have figured it out when equipping an item last night?
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:48 pm

Post by semioldguy »

No, because I replaced after night zero ended.
ZykeZero
ZykeZero
Townie
ZykeZero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:14 pm

Post by ZykeZero »

chenhsi wrote:
ZykeZero wrote:I am missing something. isn't it saturday? The game started on wednesday, shouldn't we have at least one write up? Shouldn't we be on day 2?
Why day 2? If you are used to game day = RL day, then wouldn't you think that it was day 4 or something?

ZykeZero, can you answer my question in post 162?
I should have put in "like day 2" or "at least day 2" Either way.
chenhsi wrote:
ZykeZero wrote:
chenhsi wrote:I'm pretty sure cultists can use and equip items.

Why could cultists not become murderers early? The other cultists have no way of knowing who betrayed them.
Perhaps you should read up on what it is they can do exactly.
What?
You didn't seem to have an understanding of what the cultists could do. So I was asking you to reread their mission statement. But I may have misread.

And yea, I do think that day 1 there isn't much to discuss. It's like standing in front of a house, there are only so many times you can say "Oh look a door nob" before it gets repetative. The real crux of a game is after the first write up. Day one feels like a formality. One village is lynched, a special comes out asks to be defended, and the mafia take a kill.

Also, not new to mafia games, new to this style of weeks=day mafia, but not new at all.

And to be clear, what else is there to discuss? Everyone has said if they heard noise or not, we've been over what are the strategical implementations of claiming to hear noise and what we should be doing to protect those who did indeed hear noise.

Also is there a "day 1 dead line" So that I can know for certain when I have to have my action in?

You are going to have to bear with me on this, I'm used to very fast mafia games. 2 week mafia games of 40 people at a time. Playing like this feels like jetlag, I am sure you can understand.
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:32 pm

Post by nhammen »

semioldguy wrote:No, because I replaced after night zero ended.
Aw darn! I thought I had caught a scumslip... Nuts.
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:41 pm

Post by chenhsi »

ZykeZero wrote:And to be clear, what else is there to discuss? Everyone has said if they heard noise or not, we've been over what are the strategical implementations of claiming to hear noise and what we should be doing to protect those who did indeed hear noise.
We discuss strategy. We discuss slip-ups by people. We notice when people defend others, to note potential scum pairs. Day 1 may not be fun/useful during day 1, but it can be quite useful later.
ZykeZero wrote:Also is there a "day 1 dead line" So that I can know for certain when I have to have my action in?
You don't have a day action. If you mean the lynch deadline, the mod will post it. I don't think we have one yet. The deadline for night actions will be posted (generally) when the day ends.
ZykeZero wrote:You are going to have to bear with me on this, I'm used to very fast mafia games. 2 week mafia games of 40 people at a time. Playing like this feels like jetlag, I am sure you can understand.
Yeah, a lot of new people aren't used to it at first, but you'll get used to it.
I lost the game.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:52 pm

Post by Percy »

Vote Count

Mastin - 8 (Tuberkulos, sideney, EriktheRed, Magua, ZykeZero, Nyx, Cephrir, Seraphim)

Nyx - 2 (nhammen, Mastin)
ZykeZero - 1 (semioldguy)

Not Voting - 14 (arelian, chenhsi, Datadanne, DeathNote, dramonic, Drench, Exalt, itacv2, JamesBond, jasonT1981, Kise, Santos, Sarag, xxFabianxx)

With 25 alive it takes 13 to lynch.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:28 am

Post by Seraphim »

Going on V/LA from today until Friday

My vote stays on Mastin until I get back.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:58 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

vote:Mastin
JamesBond
JamesBond
Goon
JamesBond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:17 am

Post by JamesBond »

semioldguy wrote:Hello. I heard no noises last night.

@Mastin
I want you to vote for me. There was discussion and not random voting going on and you came in and distracted from that. I know you always do what you do at the beginning of the game, but there really wasn't an RVS going on when you came in this time. It is also perfect cover for you taking the insanity that only allows you to vote for players that vote for you, which if I were you is the first insanity I would take. That is why I want you to vote for me, you can take it off and vote someone else later.
He cant have that insanity, since he selfvoted the first thing he did. You cant do that if you have the only vote for players that vote for you insanity.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:27 am

It appears that Zyke is actively trying to distract the discussion.
Sarag
Sarag
Goon
Sarag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:34 am

Post by Sarag »

I've been slacking on this game, I promise a big post tomorrow.
*twitches*
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:31 am

Post by Seraphim »

JamesBond wrote:
semioldguy wrote:Hello. I heard no noises last night.

@Mastin
I want you to vote for me. There was discussion and not random voting going on and you came in and distracted from that. I know you always do what you do at the beginning of the game, but there really wasn't an RVS going on when you came in this time. It is also perfect cover for you taking the insanity that only allows you to vote for players that vote for you, which if I were you is the first insanity I would take. That is why I want you to vote for me, you can take it off and vote someone else later.
He cant have that insanity, since he selfvoted the first thing he did. You cant do that if you have the only vote for players that vote for you insanity.
Whoa, paradox. How can you vote for yourself if you haven't voted for yourself yet...

That's enough to make me go insane.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:49 am

Post by dramonic »

well, now we know that he isn't paranoiac.

he could still be psycho or something though.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”