Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:11 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

How do you think we should deal with the lurkers Gieff?
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:14 pm

Post by GIEFF »

It isn't an attempt to deflect. It's an attempt to show that the only reason you can fabricate to explain your vote for me applies to jammer even more so than it does to me.

Your very first post in this game was a vote for me, because I attacked jammer. And now you vote me for doing something, and ignore the very same behavior in jammer. You are not being rational.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:15 pm

Post by GIEFF »

Zachrulez wrote:How do you think we should deal with the lurkers Gieff?
I think you should claim that any scumhunting I do is scummy and distracting from their lynch, and if they flip town, ignore this alignment, and go right on calling me scum.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:20 pm

Post by GIEFF »

But seriously, I think we should bandwagon one of them. I would prefer blackcatcontract, as that "character" has had TWO posters lurk with it. And because Cephrir lurks a lot as town.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:25 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

GIEFF wrote:But seriously, I think we should bandwagon one of them. I would prefer blackcatcontract, as that "character" has had TWO posters lurk with it. And because Cephrir lurks a lot as town.
See, this is something we can both agree on. It must certainly be a good idea then.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:26 pm

Post by GIEFF »

We both agreed to lynch Mastin.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:29 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Zachrulez wrote:
GIEFF wrote:But seriously, I think we should bandwagon one of them. I would prefer blackcatcontract, as that "character" has had TWO posters lurk with it. And because Cephrir lurks a lot as town.
See, this is something we can both agree on. It must certainly be a good idea then.
*facepalm*

I DID look into why i felt BCC was likely to be town, and it stands, but isnt a meta i can reference. The same was true with Mastin, and you ignored me there. Maybe you can give me the benefit of the doubt this time?

My Cephrir vote stands. Gieff - If you wanna cite some games where he lurked as vanilla town, go for it.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:32 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Zachrulez wrote: They way he left that game left me thinking too. Mainly because if I was scum in a game like this, I probably would have found it as difficult to post as he did.

At any rate. I support lynching the lurkers if they won't participate. I would suggest that we give them a set amount of time to post something and then run them up if they fail to post any content within that period of time.
This is true. But i feel that we need to put them under pressure now so they might post sooner. We've waited forever anyway for Cephir at least.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:33 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Yeah...

I thought he was scum.

You made a pretty big thing of an argument that he was town. That's another thing that bothers me about you.

I'm not gonna lie, I'll probably be on you for as long as I am alive in this game, unless something happens at a critical moment in the game that convinces me that you are town.

I generally don't like what I am seeing from you, and neither does my gut.

That said, I'm fine with lynching either Cephrir or BCC if they won't contribute. (Preferably the latter)
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:36 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Zachrulez wrote:Yeah...

I thought he was scum.

You made a pretty big thing of an argument that he was town. That's another thing that bothers me about you.

I'm not gonna lie, I'll probably be on you for as long as I am alive in this game, unless something happens at a critical moment in the game that convinces me that you are town.
is that because you've committed yourself so much that you can't be seen to backtrack now?

I'm not wagonning BCC until we've exhausted the Cephrir avenue. How's that for direction?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:44 pm

Post by GIEFF »

Zachrulez wrote:I'm not gonna lie, I'll probably be on you for as long as I am alive in this game, unless something happens at a critical moment in the game that convinces me that you are town.
Still waiting for those reasons, Zach. If it's just gut, then say "just gut." I don't know what you mean about the "pretty big thing about the argument Mastin is town."

You were on me from the first post of the game. My thoughts from yesterday was that you were so sure Mastin was scum that you assumed that MY actions were as his scum-buddy. So I am confused that you are still pursuing my lynch today. Really, honestly, try to give me the reasons you think I'm scummy.

The last time someone tunneled me all game and refused to provide any reasoning, he turned out to be scum.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:49 pm

Post by GIEFF »

Battle Mage wrote:Gieff - If you wanna cite some games where he lurked as vanilla town, go for it.
From Post 326:

Mafia 82. He lurked quite severely, but not as bad as this game.

Consulmaker. You were in this game, Battle Mage. But the lurking, while bad, wasn't as bad as it is in this game.

Mafia 69. This game he wasn't as lurky, but I don't think he was a vanilla. His chars/day average just looks so low because he had one posts 3 months after he left the game - he was actually fairly active.

So he DOES lurk as town, but not as much as he has in this game. I no longer think that Cephrir's town-lurking meta is enough to excuse this level of inactivity. But I would still prefer a bcc/Kai lynch, as BOTH of them lurked, which makes the behavior more likely due to alignment than due to the poster.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:52 pm

Post by GIEFF »

Zachrulez wrote:I've already stated much earlier in the game that I think Jammer is town. Nice attempt to deflect though.
Let me get this straight:

You have already decided I am scum. You have already decided jammer is town.

The only reason you have given for thinking I am scum ALSO applies to jammer. Yet you refuse to re-visit your initial assumption (from page 3!) that jammer is town.

I'd think a townie would keep a more open mind about potential scum. Not completely ignore behavior you claim to find scummy just because of something that happened on page 3.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:00 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

GIEFF wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:Gieff - If you wanna cite some games where he lurked as vanilla town, go for it.
From Post 326:

Mafia 82. He lurked quite severely, but not as bad as this game.

Consulmaker. You were in this game, Battle Mage. But the lurking, while bad, wasn't as bad as it is in this game.

Mafia 69. This game he wasn't as lurky, but I don't think he was a vanilla. His chars/day average just looks so low because he had one posts 3 months after he left the game - he was actually fairly active.

So he DOES lurk as town, but not as much as he has in this game. I no longer think that Cephrir's town-lurking meta is enough to excuse this level of inactivity. But I would still prefer a bcc/Kai lynch, as BOTH of them lurked, which makes the behavior more likely due to alignment than due to the poster.
Haha, i was in Mafia 82 as well! In fact, it's probably one of my all-time favourite games. xD

In that game, he might not have been the most active in the world, but he did participate, and he was around a fair bit.

The same is true of Consulmaker.

The pivotal difference here, is that he has NO investment in the game. No contribution. Nothing to actually gain by seeing the game out as town. On the other hand, if he thinks he can cruise the game as scum, then he's meeting his win condition just fine.

I think between us, we've satisfactorily proven that Cephrir is not playing to his town meta.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:01 pm

Post by Benmage »

Battle Mage wrote: Certainly, i dont wanna let lurker scum cruise to a victory.
Clearly.
Battle Mage wrote:
Benmage wrote:
Battle Mage wrote: QFT. What do you mean by "flippant reasoning"? with the post you quoted?
I thought his reasoning for voting me and to see my reaction and alex’s is soft. I don’t understand how he felt this more important than commenting on my iso’s. He could’ve commented and then voted me and accomplished both. But to so readily write off my efforts seemed possibly purposeful.
Yes I was sitting at L-2…he told others not to vote for me?? Yet was waiting to see Alex’s response… there sounds like possible subtly coaxing/coaching in that statement. Plus what was he anticipating? Had alex voted me I’d be L-1…someone not wanting to see my lynched is fine with me sitting L-1? I don’t mean to insult everyone’s play with this statement…but I don’t think a non-thoughtful hammer is too farfetched even from a town player.
It happened yesterday, if you believe Camn to be town. Personally i think she should be looked at again just for the hammer alone.
Huh, what happened yesterday? Her hammer was her following my voting pattern the whole day.
GIEFF wrote:
Zachrulez wrote:Alex, I changed my mind about Benmage once he actually started being reasonable.
This is BS. You claim to have voted for Benmage because no townie has that much content at the start of a day. This has nothing to do with Benmage's subsequent irrational behavior, the cessation of which should NOT have caused you to unvote, if you were being genuine.
True.
GIEFF wrote: I don't want to give you the time to just make crap up. You said I should have been lynched yesterday, so I assume you have some good reasoning for that. Just a few brief points will be fine.

I've read you in iso, and you have nothing so far but the fact that I am voting for Benmage even though I think alex is likelier to be scum.
Zach and alex whould have been lynched yesterday?? Who else was on that list??
Zachrulez wrote: I did not like Kai's early vote on Jammer.

They way he left that game left me thinking too. Mainly because if I was scum in a game like this, I probably would have found it as difficult to post as he did.

At any rate. I support lynching the lurkers if they won't participate. I would suggest that we give them a set amount of time to post something and then run them up if they fail to post any content within that period of time.
Because D1, the night phase etc etc wasn't long enough ?!!??!
Battle Mage wrote:
camn wrote:
I believe somebody else pointed out the way you seem to be anti-Benmage, but havent deigned to join the wagon. Waiting to drop another stupid hammer?
Oooo sneaky.
GIEFF wrote: You have already decided I am scum..
I won’t lie I get overall scum vibes just from your game in its entirety...maybe it’s just your style, but that’s might gut read.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:02 pm

Post by Benmage »

EBWOP might=my
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:06 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Benmage wrote:
Clearly.
Battle Mage wrote:
Benmage wrote:
Battle Mage wrote: QFT. What do you mean by "flippant reasoning"? with the post you quoted?
I thought his reasoning for voting me and to see my reaction and alex’s is soft. I don’t understand how he felt this more important than commenting on my iso’s. He could’ve commented and then voted me and accomplished both. But to so readily write off my efforts seemed possibly purposeful.
Yes I was sitting at L-2…he told others not to vote for me?? Yet was waiting to see Alex’s response… there sounds like possible subtly coaxing/coaching in that statement. Plus what was he anticipating? Had alex voted me I’d be L-1…someone not wanting to see my lynched is fine with me sitting L-1? I don’t mean to insult everyone’s play with this statement…but I don’t think a non-thoughtful hammer is too farfetched even from a town player.
It happened yesterday, if you believe Camn to be town. Personally i think she should be looked at again just for the hammer alone.
Huh, what happened yesterday? Her hammer was her following my voting pattern the whole day.
She didnt have to. I'm definitely not buying that as an excuse. Camn isnt a complete moron-she wouldnt, as town, make a hammer that she didnt believe in. Equally, I find it hard to believe that Camn, as town, would hammer somebody so obvtown.
Ben wrote:
Zachrulez wrote: I did not like Kai's early vote on Jammer.

They way he left that game left me thinking too. Mainly because if I was scum in a game like this, I probably would have found it as difficult to post as he did.

Because D1, the night phase etc etc wasn't long enough ?!!??!
QFT.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:08 pm

Post by Benmage »

Battle Mage wrote:
Benmage wrote:
Clearly.
Battle Mage wrote:
Benmage wrote:
Well you press her. I guess I'll note. But for now I don't think it the worst move in the world. Someone has to hammer everyday right...would you not of hammered Mastin yesterday?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:09 pm

Post by Benmage »

Screw you battle, alright fail quote post. -.5 for me :P

BattleM=2 BenM=1
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:11 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Do you lose half a point for making a monumental cock-up of that quoting? ;) lol

Of course i wouldnt have hammered Mastin. Firstly, i was in favour of a far longer day. Secondly, it was SO fricking obvious that Mastin was town. His lurking was not scummy. Just because i couldnt reference the meta, doesnt mean i was wrong.

I'm not interested in Camn atm. Cephrir first, then if we dont lynch him, we go back to people like Jammer and Zach. Sound good? :)

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:12 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Benmage wrote:Screw you battle, alright fail quote post. -.5 for me :P

BattleM=2 BenM=1
lol sarnath'd yet again. Whatever happens in this game, i wanna continue this BATTLE ;) across the site. The lol's are far greater than i expected xD

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:13 pm

Post by Benmage »

I don't know I'll give the .5 back than.

But yes, these lurkers first. Ceph first. We'll see about who to go for following that.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:14 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

ok, you got it. Now, i'm gonna go to sleep, and look forward to catching up on around 5 pages tomorrow morning. :D

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:15 pm

Post by Benmage »

Battle Mage wrote:
Benmage wrote:Screw you battle, alright fail quote post. -.5 for me :P

BattleM=2 BenM=1
lol sarnath'd yet again. Whatever happens in this game, i wanna continue this BATTLE ;) across the site. The lol's are far greater than i expected xD

BM
This is yet a single thread! A single battle whomever the winner, the war will rage on!

(On a side note...if someone *cough* me *cough* hypothetically caught another being an..hmm...r-tard in another thread, and posted...would the mod of that thread go berserk?)...i don't have anything in mind...just curious.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:19 pm

Post by GIEFF »

Benmage wrote:
GIEFF wrote:
You have already decided I am scum..
I won’t lie I get overall scum vibes just from your game in its entirety...maybe it’s just your style, but that’s might gut read.
This was directed at Zach, not at you, Benmage.

But while we're on the subject: you put almost no pressure my way yesterday up until I said it seemed like you, camn, and Zach were very against an alex lynch. And then you exploded.

-------

camn - why did you hammer Mastin?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”