Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:49 am

Post by Battle Mage »

alexhans wrote:I want to lynch scum. I want to lynch you.
These 2
mutually exclusive
claims go together like chalk and cheese. :D
Alex wrote: The fact that you defended BCC over Cephir makes me confident about not voting Cephir.
You are basing this on the assumption that i am scum. If you believe that to be the case, why lynch a lurker anyway?
Alex wrote: The tantrum proved to be right. Mastin was waggoned for NK speculating, then his lynched became a viable choice. Later, his lurking added to the case and he ended up lynched. So I had every right to do what I did.
Thr tantrum was today. Mastin was already dead. His lurking was not scummy. Other than that, he was pretty scummy. You havent really been able to refute this.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:51 am

Post by GIEFF »

jammer: Why did you unvote Benmage?

Is it just a coincidence you did so soon after I did?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:51 am

Post by Battle Mage »

GIEFF wrote:
Battle Mage wrote: I'm not saying any more on BCC. As far as i'm concerned, you can trust me, or not trust me. But, if you dont trust me, i'd rather you explained why:
I'm not saying why I don't trust you. As far as I'm concerned, you can trust my judgment, or not trust it. But if you don't trust it, etc. etc.

Is it a Kai-read or a bcc-read that makes you sure that character is town?
Lol, you havent given any sense of having additional knowledge that suggests Cephrir is town or BCC is scum. If you had, maybe you'd have a point. I'm not answering any more questions on my position-especially when you should be painfully aware that Cephrir is playing to his scum meta.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:54 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Zachrulez wrote:Personally I am curious as to why Battlemage is being so selective with the lurker lynching.

Though I'm sure I stated that before.
you did say that before. Word for word. Grammatical error and all. xD

- 0.5 Zach ;)

Now, man up and vote for me.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:55 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Battle Mage wrote:
GIEFF wrote:
Battle Mage wrote: I'm not saying any more on BCC. As far as i'm concerned, you can trust me, or not trust me. But, if you dont trust me, i'd rather you explained why:
I'm not saying why I don't trust you. As far as I'm concerned, you can trust my judgment, or not trust it. But if you don't trust it, etc. etc.

Lol, you havent given any sense of having additional knowledge that suggests Cephrir is town or BCC is scum. If you had, maybe you'd have a point. I'm not answering any more questions on my position-especially when you should be painfully aware that Cephrir is playing to his scum meta.

BM
He hasn't, but I have.

I'll go even further on Cephrir. I played a game with him where he was scum, and the tone of his lurking was completely different than the tone of his lurking in this game, and actually looks consistent with Gieff's analysis of Ceph's lurking as town.

You're the one who's unable to explain why you have no interest in lynching BCC, and make no mistake about it, if a BCC lynch pops scum, you are next on my lynch list.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:55 am

Post by Battle Mage »

GIEFF wrote:Camn - I've heard rumors that you support lurker-lynches. Do you prefer lynching Cephrir or bcc?
I seem to recall her saying BCC, but i could be wrong.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:59 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Zachrulez wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
GIEFF wrote:

BM
He hasn't, but I have.

I'll go even further on Cephrir. I played a game with him where he was scum, and the tone of his lurking was completely different than the tone of his lurking in this game, and actually looks consistent with Gieff's analysis of Ceph's lurking as town.

You're the one who's unable to explain why you have no interest in lynching BCC, and make no mistake about it, if a BCC lynch pops scum, you are next on my lynch list.
Ok, if you can provide a link to that game with Cephrir, that'd be awesome. Because, as i'm sure you're aware, Gieff and myself have provided several meta examples that suggest Cephrir is scum here.

If you've bothered to look at any of Gieff's links btw, you'll see that they do NOT support his original claim. He hasnt even attempted to refute this, because it's a damn FACT. :x

I perfectly understand that if BCC is scum, i'll probably be strung up. That's the price you pay when you defend someone. But, i said it with Mastin, and i was right. I dont see why i shouldnt be right here.

And btw, if you believe im scum, your vote should be on me. Because, as scum, why would i really put myself out so much to try and save a lurkerbuddy, who will probably end up modkilled anyway?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:03 am

Post by Zachrulez »

I feel like I've done this before in this game, but whatever...

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10864
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:05 am

Post by GIEFF »

Battle Mage wrote:But, i said it with Mastin, and i was right. I dont see why i shouldnt be right here.
If you will recall, the only reason you started saying Mastin was town was because you thought alex was scum.
Battle Mage wrote:
alexhans wrote: The fact that you defended BCC over Cephir makes me confident about not voting Cephir.
You are basing this on the assumption that i am scum. If you believe that to be the case, why lynch a lurker anyway?
So if your suspicions were right, why lynch a lurker instead of alexhans?
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:09 am

Post by GIEFF »

Battle Mage wrote:If you've bothered to look at any of Gieff's links btw, you'll see that they do NOT support his original claim. He hasnt even attempted to refute this, because it's a damn FACT.
My original claim was that he contributes less as town than as scum (in terms of characters / day).

In any case, we have established that Cephrir DOES lurk as town, although never to this degree. But he hasn't ever lurked as scum to this degree, either.

I will look into bcc and Kai's metas when I have a chance, but the fact that TWO players have lurked with the same character seems telling.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:10 am

Post by camn »

All lurkers must die. I have no preference on order.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:11 am

Post by Battle Mage »

GIEFF wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:But, i said it with Mastin, and i was right. I dont see why i shouldnt be right here.
If you will recall, the only reason you started saying Mastin was town was because you thought alex was scum.
That was at the beginning of Day 1. I dont even remember it being up for discussion by the time Mastin was actually lynched.
Gieff wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
alexhans wrote: The fact that you defended BCC over Cephir makes me confident about not voting Cephir.
So if your suspicions were right, why lynch a lurker instead of alexhans?
Eh? I dont get you.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:12 am

Post by Benmage »

Zachrulez wrote:I feel like I've done this before in this game, but whatever...

It doesn't look like Ceph starts lurking until deep into this game. Yet this is one example. Gieff provided 4 examples of Ceph as town lurking differently than this game as well. In truth, at this point there isn't enough information for bcc or ceph and I'm down to lynch either. It still boggles my mind how people sign-up for these games, and than don't play them. (urges..not to post arghbargle)
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:13 am

Post by Benmage »

GIEFF wrote: I will look into bcc and Kai's metas when I have a chance, but the fact that TWO players have lurked with the same character seems telling.
Kai, didn't necessarily lurk, but was unable to catch-up and asked to be replaced.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:15 am

Post by GIEFF »

Battle Mage wrote:
GIEFF wrote:So if your suspicions were right, why lynch a lurker instead of alexhans?

Eh? I dont get you.

BM
You voted Mastin.
You quickly turned around and called Mastin town, because you thought alex was scum, which implied Mastin-town.
Mastin is town.
So why aren't you voting alex?

Or was there other factors that led you to believe Mastin was town?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:16 am

Post by Battle Mage »

GIEFF wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:If you've bothered to look at any of Gieff's links btw, you'll see that they do NOT support his original claim. He hasnt even attempted to refute this, because it's a damn FACT.
My original claim was that he contributes less as town than as scum (in terms of characters / day).

In any case, we have established that Cephrir DOES lurk as town, although never to this degree. But he hasn't ever lurked as scum to this degree, either.

I will look into bcc and Kai's metas when I have a chance, but the fact that TWO players have lurked with the same character seems telling.
Check out Freelancer Mafia. Cephrir and i were both part of a protown cult. But, the main aspect of our win condition was getting a majority within the town. Cephrir aimed to fulfill this win condition by simply lurking the game away, after he was recruited. Notice that his activity was relatively high until his win condition changed.

Cephrir was not lurking in either of the games you linked me to. He was just posting at his normal frequency. Here, he has NO investment in the game whatsoever, yet he wants to play on. That doesnt strike you as odd?

BCC at least, has only just joined the game, and might genuinely intend to catch up.

I think you are drastically over-stating the significance of 2 people finding it hard to get into the game as opposed to 1. It's scummy, but i dont think it even comes close to the evidence on Cephrir.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:17 am

Post by Battle Mage »

GIEFF wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
GIEFF wrote:So if your suspicions were right, why lynch a lurker instead of alexhans?

Eh? I dont get you.

BM
You voted Mastin.
You quickly turned around and called Mastin town, because you thought alex was scum, which implied Mastin-town.
Mastin is town.
So why aren't you voting alex?

Or was there other factors that led you to believe Mastin was town?
Alex-scum meant Mastin-town. But Mastin-town does not mean Alex-scum. Ugetme?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:21 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Benmage wrote:
GIEFF wrote: I will look into bcc and Kai's metas when I have a chance, but the fact that TWO players have lurked with the same character seems telling.
Kai, didn't necessarily lurk, but was unable to catch-up and asked to be replaced.
They have like 16 posts between the two of them.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:21 am

Post by GIEFF »

Yes, I understand that, BM. But you were so confident in Mastin-town for this reason alone, that when your suspicions were confirmed, I'd think you would have gone straight to alex.

There was no other reason for thinking Mastin was town?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:23 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Benmage wrote:
Zachrulez wrote:I feel like I've done this before in this game, but whatever...

It doesn't look like Ceph starts lurking until deep into this game. Yet this is one example. Gieff provided 4 examples of Ceph as town lurking differently than this game as well. In truth, at this point there isn't enough information for bcc or ceph and I'm down to lynch either. It still boggles my mind how people sign-up for these games, and than don't play them. (urges..not to post arghbargle)
Actually, Zach's example looks good. That's about the level of participation we normally see from Cephrir-town, although there was a bit of inactivity mingled in the middle.

But if you look at all the examples Gieff and I have referenced, i think you'll be able to sympathise with my view on Ceph-scum.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:24 am

Post by Battle Mage »

GIEFF wrote:Yes, I understand that, BM. But you were so confident in Mastin-town for this reason alone, that when your suspicions were confirmed, I'd think you would have gone straight to alex.

There was no other reason for thinking Mastin was town?
I'm not sure how much of the game you are following. I have already said several times today that my main reason for being so sure Mastin was town, was that he was playing exactly the same in another game of mine, where he was also town.

Im still not sure on Alex. Newbie? Definitely. Scum? I dunno... :S

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:26 am

Post by GIEFF »

Battle Mage wrote:Actually, Zach's example looks good. That's about the level of participation we normally see from Cephrir-town, although there was a bit of inactivity mingled in the middle.
Cephrir was scum in that game.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:30 am

Post by Battle Mage »

GIEFF wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:Actually, Zach's example looks good. That's about the level of participation we normally see from Cephrir-town, although there was a bit of inactivity mingled in the middle.
I know. Thats...what i just said. :roll:

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:30 am

Post by Zachrulez »

GIEFF wrote:
lol... did he seriously try to pass off that Ceph was town in that game?
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:33 am

Post by GIEFF »

Battle Mage wrote:Taking the assumption Alex is scum (which is the assumption i am making if i want him lynched), Mastin is almost certainly town. Of course, if Alex turns out to be town, this condition is no longer met, and Mastin can be looked at again.

But you're right, BM, you later said that you didn't think his lurking was scummy, and saw him taking pressure for it in other games.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”