Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:42 pm

Post by Fuldu »

unvote: Locus Cosecant

We need to come up with a lynch decision fairly quickly now. I was happy with Gaspode yesterday and would be happy again today.
vote: Gaspode
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:38 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Mother of mercy... DarkLight140, I don't suppose you can make the subtext a little clearer for those of us who've just read 23 pages?

Unvote: LC
temporarily. I'd rather see mith take out a lurker tonight than PB, in case he's lying...Electra? Her posts have been minimal and following others' logic, if she does...
Retired as of October 2014.
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:05 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

You know, I think I'd like to keep the subtext as murky as possible. If it's as not as obvious as it seems to me, so much the better.

I'd have no objections to lynching Gaspose, although really, I'd rather the mod replace everyone who hasn't posted in April...
To be Continued...
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:15 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

Seol wrote:For what it's worth, I'm happy with the "lynch Locus, vig PB" plan.
FOS Seol-- this is not a good plan--I haven't read back beyond this page but Vigging me is not a good idea.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:30 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

Okay-- Mith if you are pro-town think about it. You questioned a comment I made about not being able to do anything to prevent myself from being killed from you at night, other then voting for you to be lynched. I cannot do it myself, others have to agree. However they seem to agree that killing me at night is a good idea. When it is all said and done town, take a good look at what transpired and who was behind it. When I die, the town will be sick over what happened. At any rate, I see no reason to move my vote, related to my own self-preservation for the good of the town. The way things have turned makes me sick also. Alas, tis the way things happen sometimes. I can't win. I post, it's scummy, I don't post, scummy. I post short posts, scummy. I explain things, scummy. I don't explain things, scummy. Round and round we go. And Mith if you really are pro-town you better damn well re-evaluate cause I guaruntee the only ones not sick about anything that happens to me will be the mafia scum.
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:22 am

Post by Seol »

PeaceBringer wrote:
Seol wrote:For what it's worth, I'm happy with the "lynch Locus, vig PB" plan.
FOS Seol-- this is not a good plan--I haven't read back beyond this page but Vigging me is not a good idea.
Why is vigging you not a good idea? Because you're town? But won't
everyone
say that?

I happen to think you're suspicious, because of your attitude towards mith, so I can see merit in you being mith's confirmation target.
[i]The hungry maw of Twilight snaps, but shall not have its fill,
Until one man hangs by his neck, by half this curs'd town's will[/i]
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:28 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

my reaction to Mith is related to it not being a good idea to remove me from the game as I just stated in detail. If it is done, you will be sick about it I promise you. This is a game we cannot make direct role claims, so I cannot really say more but there is a reason I both tried to stay out the way and got reactive to Mith's BS. Wanting me gone as pro-town will hurt the town. No if's ands or buts about it. And my saying that assures my death I am afraid. If Mith is pro-town he should not be helping scum. If he is scum, well then carry on.
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:12 am

Post by Gaspode »

I'm sorry for the lurkage. I guess mafia is just something that can't really fit into my life anymore. I used to make it a high priority, but then so many real life things have started to get in the way that I can't really pay nearly enough attention to it anymore. If I can catch up this weekend, I will post and continue to keep up with the game until the end. If I can't, I'll post my request for a replacement. My apologies again for not keeping up.
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:24 am

Post by Seol »

PeaceBringer wrote:my reaction to Mith is related to it not being a good idea to remove me from the game as I just stated in detail. If it is done, you will be sick about it I promise you. This is a game we cannot make direct role claims, so I cannot really say more but there is a reason I both tried to stay out the way and got reactive to Mith's BS. Wanting me gone as pro-town will hurt the town. No if's ands or buts about it. And my saying that assures my death I am afraid. If Mith is pro-town he should not be helping scum. If he is scum, well then carry on.
The thing is, that just sounds like you're trying to scare us into not vigging you. Anyone can say "I've got a powerful role, it'd be bad for the town to kill me!" - and the thing is, if we let ourselves be swayed by such arguments, we'll have no end of them. Coron and Mith's roleclaims are, at least, verifiable. Is yours?

Or to put it another way, why should I believe you?
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:35 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

Seol wrote:
PeaceBringer wrote:my reaction to Mith is related to it not being a good idea to remove me from the game as I just stated in detail. If it is done, you will be sick about it I promise you. This is a game we cannot make direct role claims, so I cannot really say more but there is a reason I both tried to stay out the way and got reactive to Mith's BS. Wanting me gone as pro-town will hurt the town. No if's ands or buts about it. And my saying that assures my death I am afraid. If Mith is pro-town he should not be helping scum. If he is scum, well then carry on.
The thing is, that just sounds like you're trying to scare us into not vigging you. Anyone can say "I've got a powerful role, it'd be bad for the town to kill me!" - and the thing is, if we let ourselves be swayed by such arguments, we'll have no end of them. Coron and Mith's roleclaims are, at least, verifiable. Is yours?

Or to put it another way, why should I believe you?
believe me or not- your choice. It is part of the game to sort out the truth from the lies. Is my role something where I can say, gee here is the immediate results. Not necessarily. Think about my reactions here though. Does it seem like scum on ropes or someone with a town role that feared losing the life over stupid spin. The main person I need to convince is Mith, if he is not scum. I doubt that I did.
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:48 am

Post by Seol »

PeaceBringer wrote:Think about my reactions here though. Does it seem like scum on ropes or someone with a town role that feared losing the life over stupid spin.
That's the thing - you
do
seem like scum on the ropes. Almost like a textbook example of one.
PeaceBringer wrote:The main person I need to convince is Mith, if he is not scum. I doubt that I did.
Well, seeing as we've more or less agreed to a town consensus on Mith's vigging, it's not just him at all.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:01 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

Seol wrote:
PeaceBringer wrote:Think about my reactions here though. Does it seem like scum on ropes or someone with a town role that feared losing the life over stupid spin.
That's the thing - you
do
PeaceBringer wrote:The main person I need to convince is Mith, if he is not scum. I doubt that I did.
Well, seeing as we've more or less agreed to a town consensus on Mith's vigging, it's not just him at all.
whatever :roll: Read my freaking posts. I hope Mith is a bit brighter then you if pro-town. I am not convinced of it.

So let me get this straight. Scum see someone with ability to kill and immediately draw attention to themself by pointing out it would be a bad idea to kill them. Especially when under no heat from anyone else. Scum in this case would lay back and look to night kill. At least if I were scum I would just go along with the town, back off.

Again, whatever. I am already dead and the town will be sick about it. Sorry.
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:22 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

You know, if you could give a more complete claim than that... You're allowed to say what your role does, just not what its rolename is, as I read the rules. If you're
that
valuble to the town, a full claim could probably save you, assuming you can back it up somehow tomorrow. And the deadline isn't for another several days; there's plenty of time to choose a new nightkill target.
To be Continued...
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:39 am

Post by Aelyn »

FOS DarkLight.

Rules wrote:NO ROLE CLAIMS ARE ALLOWED. Any explicit role claim (either “I am [name of role] or an exact description of your role’s powers) will result in an instant modkill, whether true or false. Very basic descriptions (cop-type role, etc.) are ok, but if you hint at your actual role name or exact abilities (or hint at having another actual role name or exact abilities) at all you will be given a warning.
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:45 am

Post by Seol »

PeaceBringer wrote:
Seol wrote:
That's the thing - you
do
So let me get this straight. Scum see someone with ability to kill and immediately draw attention to themself by pointing out it would be a bad idea to kill them. Especially when under no heat from anyone else. Scum in this case would lay back and look to night kill. At least if I were scum I would just go along with the town, back off.
Uh, that doesn't tally with my interpretation of today's events at all. You were under the radar until mith listed his picks for the three most suspicious people, which included you. Then you got into an argument with mith, which is what got the heat on you - and the further into the discussion we got, the more you sounded like scum running scared.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:01 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

The problem, PeaceBringer, is not only are you somewhat suspicious, but now you've called yourself out to be killed by *somebody* at night, by claiming your death will make the town "sick". So why *shouldn't* we use you to check mith? With multiple scum groups, there's a possibility for either or both of you to be scum, although there is a *small* chance that you're both town.

I'm not wed to the idea of mith vigging PB, but I'm not as opposed to it as I was before. I definitely would rather see Gaspode replaced than just fade away, unless we think we can lynch him before Tuesday (I hate replacements, I think I've mentioned this).

We're in danger of stalling out here or having another no-lynch, folks...
Desperate Heart
Desperate Heart
Townie
Desperate Heart
Townie
Townie

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:11 am

Post by Desperate Heart »

It's really amazing how many power roles and masons we've found already. Wasn't Coron supposed to be in a mason group too? How many is that, three people that've claimed mason? And how many are left, maybe four?

Anyway, right now Locus' defense is stronger than PB's, although they're both pretty weak. And I'd still sort of like to kill locus, or darklight, to check stuff out.

Unvote
for now. Most suspicious of PeaceBringer.
[i]There is only ONE god:
He is the SUN god:
Ra! Ra! Ra![/i]
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:25 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Since we're not getting explicit role-descriptions on death, I'm not surprised there have been so many power-claims. A cult or ambiguous evil group could stand to try the ploy until one of them dies. Unfortunately, we'd have to kill one of them to test it...
FOS: Genocide Heart
for wanting to test the masons by "fire".

The problem I have with lynching PB or Coron is that they ALWAYS play like this. Nonsensical posts, lousy/lack of logic, and jumping around like a chihuahua on amphetamines doesn't endear me to them, but it doesn't make them scum yet. I'd rather see them night-killed or investigated at this point, we've got better targets, like some of the lurkers.
The_Machine86
The_Machine86
Goon
The_Machine86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:18 am

Post by The_Machine86 »

Genocide Heart wrote:It's really amazing how many power roles and masons we've found already. Wasn't Coron supposed to be in a mason group too? How many is that, three people that've claimed mason? And how many are left, maybe four?

Anyway, right now Locus' defense is stronger than PB's, although they're both pretty weak. And I'd still sort of like to kill locus, or darklight, to check stuff out.

Unvote
for now. Most suspicious of PeaceBringer.
Good point, we seem to have alotta of masons. Though your remark on "I'd still sort of like to Kill Locus or darklight" is suspicous.
"A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me, she said 'no'."
Woody Allen
olio
olio
Mafia Scum
olio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:13 pm

Post by olio »

I'll be away until Thursday. Meanwhile I'm happy with my vote on Doomcow.
[size=75]Music makes the world go 'round,
there's no life without a sound.[/size]
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:14 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Or in other words, olio, if we don't lynch Doomcow, you're perfectly happy to make it harder for us to lynch anyone else. Am I the only person who's concerned about the votes getting spread all over the place and us ending up with a deadline no-lynch?
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2005 1:03 am

Post by Seol »

Whoops, I was so engrossed in the Peacebringer thing I missed the Locus comments.
Unvote
, but we
really
don't want to miss the lynch today. What's the current vote tally?
olio
olio
Mafia Scum
olio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2005 3:45 am

Post by olio »

Ah.. Sorry Fuldu, that was so unthoughtful of me. Here, let me cancel my vacation so I can be here to cast the deciding vote, as according to you otherwise it'll be impossible to get anyone lynched. Or wait, I could follow your example and start a bandwagon of my own with my vote being first and only. After all, we don't want our votes spread, now do we :roll:
[size=75]Music makes the world go 'round,
there's no life without a sound.[/size]
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2005 5:41 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Seol wrote: What's the current vote tally?
This may be wrong, but the Count-Counter gives me this:
-------------------------------------------------
Completely UNOFFICIAL, back-of-the-envelope Vote Count:
-------------------------------------------------
Locus Cosecant- 7 (Genocide Heart, SubtleTactix, PookyTheMagicalBear, Thoth, Aelyn, mith, The_Machine86)
mith- 5 (Electra, Iammars, Locus Cosecant, PeaceBringer, SinisterOverlord)
DoomCow- 4 (Peachy, Coron, rolandofthewhite, Olio)
Gaspode- 1 (Fuldu)

Not voting (9): DarkLight140, Dragon Phoenix, Seol, Mr. Flay, Gaspode, JDTAY, Pitbull, DoomCow, Korais

14 to lynch.

------------------------------------------------

I'm willing to believe several of the people still on the Locus/mith bandwagons are scum, trying to either force a no-lynch (1/2 of all votes + 1 have to be on the lynchee, even for deadline, for it to count) or a desperation lynch. The way I read it, once DL140 or LC dies, we'll have confirmation of their masonness or not. There appears to be enough nightkills to make this plausible enough to not waste a lynch on it.

I also need to
FOS: Peachy, Coron, and rolandofthewhite
for jumping onto an extraneous bandwagon on DoomCow when we had two going already (see above comments about 1/2 + 1 of votes). It's not that I don't think DoomCow's behavior isn't scummy, but Peachy pulled that out of thin air and two people jumped right on it, thinning the vote count considerably. olio at least waited until DC had posted another non-defense, so no FOS on him. roland and Coron have already been acting somewhat suspicious to boot, and Peachy's been lurking hardcore.

If it's 14 to lynch, then it's 8 to deadline-lynch, and there can be NO MORE than 7 other votes going on anywhere, right
mods
? Right now I don't particularly like ANY of the three leaders for a lynch, but we've only got a few days. mith at least claims to be verifiable, and LC has DL140 sticking up for him thus far.
Vote: DoomCow
to put him out of our misery.

HOS: Fuldu
for crap logic in telling olio to stop wasting a vote on DC when Fuldu's own is a single vote on Gaspode...

Dragon Phoenix says he quit the game in April; why wasn't he replaced at the same time I was? JDTAY is also awol; but most of the rest of you are still around enough to make/change your votes before the deadline.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2005 5:58 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

We can't afford another nolynch to happen,

cmon people! wake up!

unvote

vote DC
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”