Newbie 816 - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:13 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Adel has requested replacement site-wide.

Official Vote Count

Cirdua - 1 (lailai)
pancakes - 3 (Cirdua, havingfitz, tfrench)

tfrench - 3 (imkingdavid, dramonic, ElectricBadger)
imkingdavid - 1 (zwetschenwasser)

No Lynch - 1 (pancakes)

Not Voting - 0 ()

5 to Lynch.
Deadline
is the end of Tuesday, August 11 (Eastern, GMT - 4).
Last edited by Vel-Rahn Koon on Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Cirdua
Cirdua
Goon
Cirdua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:34 am

Post by Cirdua »

imkingdavid wrote:Cird, between myself and Adel, whose points make more sense/are more logical?
Both of you made some good arguments. Although I mostly agree with you about not linking players, unless there are some serious arguments to do so.

imkingdavid wrote:This can turn into WIFOM really really quickly. Because you would argue that scum would not be that stupid. And if scum actually did do that, they would argue the same thing. I'm just saying what's could happen--this is a newbie game.
That's not what I meant exactly, if two people were to quickly jump a wagon they would be seen as suspicious, whether they are scum or not so they will be lynched and/or pressurized. If I wanted to go all WIFOM on you guys I would say that you and Adel can't both be scum because of your argueing and that's why you two must be scum trying to cover each other up. This would be so obvious though that you can't be scum, which means you're scum. Whih means you can't be scum, which means you must be scum...
Can you see how the circle would go on and on and we still wouldn't know whether you're scum or not. I'm not saying you and Abel are scum, I was just providing an example of WIFOM so everyone knows what it means (for those too lazy to go to the wiki and look it up)

While I was writing this I noticed something changed
Vel-Rahn Koon, replacer of players who ask for a replacement wrote:Adel has requested replacement site-wide.
I wonder why he replaced.
AurorusVox: About Cirdua [...] when she comes back [...]
Cirdua: That's
he
, thank you.
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:39 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

His reason on the forums.

He quit two other games as well, so assuming his action has anything to do with this game is, imo, a stretch.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:04 am

Post by dramonic »

This is day 1, not much lead to work on and all that's been going on is you and Adel arguing over semantics and two viable playstyle.

There's not much to say. Both points of view are functionnal, both points of view have their flaws.

Also, I don't think the fact that I agree with your reason to vote Tfrench and follow suit invalidates my vote in any way.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:32 am

Post by imkingdavid »

dramonic wrote:This is day 1, not much lead to work on and all that's been going on is you and Adel arguing over semantics and two viable playstyle.

There's not much to say. Both points of view are functionnal, both points of view have their flaws.

Also, I don't think the fact that I agree with your reason to vote Tfrench and follow suit invalidates my vote in any way.
Right, that's all that's really gone on, which is why I'm asking questions to try and get others involved.
As far as your vote, it's valid and all, it just seems from your post that you were fairly quick to change you vote as soon as someone brought some new suspicions up. It's not bad to change votes or anything and I'm not about to build a case around you switching your vote to TF. Just pointing it out.
Cirdua wrote:
imkingdavid wrote:Cird, between myself and Adel, whose points make more sense/are more logical?
Both of you made some good arguments. Although I mostly agree with you about not linking players, unless there are some serious arguments to do so.

imkingdavid wrote:This can turn into WIFOM really really quickly. Because you would argue that scum would not be that stupid. And if scum actually did do that, they would argue the same thing. I'm just saying what's could happen--this is a newbie game.
That's not what I meant exactly, if two people were to quickly jump a wagon they would be seen as suspicious, whether they are scum or not so they will be lynched and/or pressurized. If I wanted to go all WIFOM on you guys I would say that you and Adel can't both be scum because of your argueing and that's why you two must be scum trying to cover each other up. This would be so obvious though that you can't be scum, which means you're scum. Whih means you can't be scum, which means you must be scum...
Can you see how the circle would go on and on and we still wouldn't know whether you're scum or not. I'm not saying you and Abel are scum, I was just providing an example of WIFOM so everyone knows what it means (for those too lazy to go to the wiki and look it up)

While I was writing this I noticed something changed
Vel-Rahn Koon, replacer of players who ask for a replacement wrote:Adel has requested replacement site-wide.
I wonder why he replaced.
That's what I had meant as far as WIFOM. It can go in a circle and never get anywhere.

As far as Adel's request for replacement, I don't think we should try to attribute it to anything in this thread.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:26 am

Post by dramonic »

I was quick to change my vote yes, but It was also to avoid a quicklynch, before my unvote pancakes was at l-1 :)
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:50 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Replacing lailai and pancakes.

zwetschenwasser replaces Adel.

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:18 am

Post by imkingdavid »

Hi zwet. Please post your thoughts on the game when you get a chance.
Dramonic wrote:I was quick to change my vote yes, but It was also to avoid a quicklynch, before my unvote pancakes was at l-1 :)
Alright, good enough. Somehow it had not all connected in my brain. That make sense.
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:57 am

Post by imkingdavid »

btw, sorry, but
I will be V/LA until Monday/Tuesday
. I'll be glad to answer any questions anyone has when I get back. I might have access to the internet, but might not, so just wanted to give you a heads up.
Naughty little fly, why does it cry? Caught in a web, Soon you'll be...
eaten!
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:46 am

Post by havingfitz »

Apologies for not posting recently. Was away from internet access for 2+ days and the remaining time has been spent digesting/analyzing what has been going on in the game.

As this is the first Mafia game I have ever been in there is a lot to try and figure out...like why voting for someone I think may be Mafia is reason to to cast suspicion on me. I voted on pancakes because in my inexperienced opinion he/she was suspicious. The fact I was putting pancakes 1 vote from lynching made me suspicious but the others who had voted for pancakes are not? What does casting the deciding vote do...confirm suspicions? Very confusing for a newbie.

And it is amazing (as in filled with disbelief) to me that people are trying to pair me with others as being scum...or deduce that I am scum on the basis of three or four posts. Is trying to build negative opinion towards someone despite very little supporting evidence a scum tell?

If the worst thing I have done (prior to what I would not be suprised to be informed are several scummy tells in this post) is to place a vote on someone I thought was a bit scummy...and be the 4 person to place the same vote...then I'm going to be on eggshells this entire game.

I'll keep my vote where it is for the time being but I am starting to think some of the more vocal participants may be a bit shady.

I will effort to be more vocal and honestly do apologize for my inactivity.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:28 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

Hello folks.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:08 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

havingfitz wrote:As this is the first Mafia game I have ever been in there is a lot to try and figure out...like why voting for someone I think may be Mafia is reason to to cast suspicion on me. I voted on pancakes because in my inexperienced opinion he/she was suspicious. The fact I was putting pancakes 1 vote from lynching made me suspicious but the others who had voted for pancakes are not? What does casting the deciding vote do...confirm suspicions? Very confusing for a newbie.

And it is amazing (as in filled with disbelief) to me that people are trying to pair me with others as being scum...or deduce that I am scum on the basis of three or four posts. Is trying to build negative opinion towards someone despite very little supporting evidence a scum tell?

If the worst thing I have done (prior to what I would not be suprised to be informed are several scummy tells in this post) is to place a vote on someone I thought was a bit scummy...and be the 4 person to place the same vote...then I'm going to be on eggshells this entire game.

I'll keep my vote where it is for the time being but I am starting to think some of the more vocal participants may be a bit shady.
I think you're pretty much getting it, actually. Game is about ferreting out the smallest hints - at this point, the only things that differentiate us - and extrapolating from there, adding in any bits of new evidence as they occur. What those tells are - bringing someone near to a lynch on weak evidence, accusing too much, accusing too little, or whatever else - are really up to the individual.

As for the L-1 position, I think it should be clear that there's a difference between putting some suspicion on players for fairly weak tells and killing them off for the same.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:39 am

Post by dramonic »

AGH! It's Zwet.

Dude, are you stalking me? XD
I'm a hoot
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:42 pm

YES!

Ok, first, I'm not Adel. Adel is a scumhunting master, logical bonanzical schmu, and in my opinion the best player on the site. I am an erratic player, who does things most might consider unnatural, unacceptable, or just plain stupid when it comes to mafia related things. That being said,

dramonic is currently #1 on my scum list, for blatant buddying up to imkingdavid's early long post, and other posts by newbies, which in my opinion has little content or any real opinions. imkingdavid is WAY too wordy and is making huge mountains out of molehills, and somehow thinks that Adel is scum for getting annoyed at his imbecilities. His first post was most definitely NOT the amazingly lucid post dramonic said it was, and I'm confused as to why he praised it so much when it didn't even make sense and was pretty much full of completely wrong conclusions.

Vote: dramonic
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:28 pm

Post by dramonic »

I only said for a newb it was good, don't get your vote on me for that, you won't be able to hammer :P
I'm a hoot
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:35 am

^dodge of everything I said besides that one point.

I rest my case. Moar dram votes plz.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:04 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Manzcar replaces lailai.

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:07 am

Post by dramonic »

All you said was that I was agreeing with some of the newbs thinking.

Also, buddying is with only one person, I can't buddy with half the players
I'm a hoot
Manzcar
Manzcar
Goon
Manzcar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:05 am

Post by Manzcar »

Hello all I'll do a read through and post as soon as possible.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:07 am

Post by dramonic »

allright, griffin guy :3
I'm a hoot
Manzcar
Manzcar
Goon
Manzcar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:28 pm

Post by Manzcar »

Okay I have read through the thread and there are things that caught my eye.

zwets, I don't know Adel so I don't know how he plays so you may not be able to clear this up for me, but Adel kept changing votes the first two seemed to be RVS, but then the vote on EB to put him at L-2 for no apparent reason seemed strange, then he changed votes again to HF because he felt that HF was the best canidate for being scum because he had the most possible scum partners, and then his last vote was for IKD for what seems to be OMGUS reasoning.

To me the flow of votes seems strange. But then you went and said this

zwets said
Ok, first, I'm not Adel. Adel is a scumhunting master, logical bonanzical schmu, and in my opinion the best player on the site.
Is there any reason why you needed to make sure everyone knew he was a scumhunting master?

Adel obviously had a problem with IKD even calling him a scumbag and you didn't have many nice words to say about him either. Do you find IKD scummy as well? And if so what makes you think he is?
Manzcar
Manzcar
Goon
Manzcar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:45 pm

Post by Manzcar »

HFitz and Tfrench you both put pancakes at L-1 and you both seem to be lurking around the thread. besides pancakes who is getting replaced who else do you find scummy and why?

Mod it seems tfrench hasn't posted for 72 hours can we get a prod

Already done.
Manzcar
Manzcar
Goon
Manzcar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:00 pm

Post by Manzcar »

Cird your vote is still on pancakes do you still believe that his action was scummy?

What are your thoughts on the bandwagon of pancakes and now tfrench?
Manzcar
Manzcar
Goon
Manzcar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:22 pm

Post by Manzcar »

dramonic you voted Adel for bandwagoning
dramonic wrote:
unvote; vote: Adel

No. You are an IC, you should know better than to put someone at l-2 in a game where the newbies can EASILY quicklynch.
And then you unvoted
dramonic wrote:
Adel wrote:
dramonic wrote:
unvote; vote: Adel

No. You are an IC, you should know better than to put someone at l-2 in a game where the newbies can EASILY quicklynch.
take a look at http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/search.p ... uthor=Adel to see how many posts I've made on this site since I placed him at lynch -2. No quicklynch was going to happen.
How does that relate to anything?

also,
unvote

Too quick to be at l-1.
But you didn't give a reason for your unvote. Why did you feel you should unvote Adel?

Also what do you think of players that seem to jump from bandwagon to bandwagon?
Manzcar
Manzcar
Goon
Manzcar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:42 pm

Post by Manzcar »

EBad you start the Pancakes bandwagon

EBad said
Unvote Adel, Vote Pancakes

Either not reading through the thread, not bothering to give a counter opinion, or not caring about it.
EBad said
FOS Cirdua.
The rush to a new bandwagon up to L-1 implies scum are jumping on it, and that implies they don't like the existing bandwagon.

Also FOS on Fitz for putting the wagon 1 vote from a lynch.

Finally, if one of Cirdua or Pancakes are mafia, it's unlikely the other is; hard to see both those wagons being all townies.

Then you followed Adel
unvote, vote:havingfitz
Then you followed IKD
Unvote Fitz, Vote tfrench.
You seem to have been on all three of the major bandwagons of the game so far. You also stated as underlined above that rushing to bandwagons is a scum tell. If we are to believe you that rushing to bandwagons how do you explain your bandwagon jumping?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”