Newbie 810 - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
12Keyblade
12Keyblade
Goon
12Keyblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:57 am

Post by 12Keyblade »

geekalicious wrote:I just wanted to let you all know that I won't be available on the thread tomorrow (Saturday). And sorry about the avatar. I just couldn't resist the temptation to change it after I mocked this up for another forum I'm posting on.
Is that a lightsaber versus a Keyblade? You are so my favorite in this game. Unless you're scum.
Join the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13797]Fluxx Tournament![/url]

[i]"Then I shall make you see... that your hopes are nothing! Nothing but a mere illusion!"[/i]
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:10 am

Post by KittyMo »

Keyblade:
I think you should update your scum-o-meter, since you seem to have nothing better to do than suck up to random people. :p

I'm working on my own version, which I will post once Monsieur gives his reasonings. (I've done Keyblade and BlueRaven so far, and I'm working on Geek currently.)
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
12Keyblade
12Keyblade
Goon
12Keyblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:18 am

Post by 12Keyblade »

Old Scum-O-Meter:
12Keyblade wrote:
Scum-O-Meter:

Town

ronnieroo (3)
KittyMo (3)
Krauthammer (4)
TFGM/Zachrulez (5)
reverendpsycho (5)
xRECKONERx (6.5)
BlueRaven (7)
geekalicious (7)
Scum
New Scum-O-Meter:

Town

KittyMo (2)
Monsieur (3)
illiniguy09 (3.5)
BlueRaven (4)
ronnieroo (6)
geekalicious (7)

Scum
Join the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13797]Fluxx Tournament![/url]

[i]"Then I shall make you see... that your hopes are nothing! Nothing but a mere illusion!"[/i]
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:00 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Riddle replaces illiniguy09.

Official Vote Count

geekalicious - 2 (Riddle, Raskol)

BlueRaven - 1 (geekalicious)

Not Voting - 4 (12Keyblade, BlueRaven, KittyMo, ronnieroo)

4 to Lynch.
Deadline
is the end of Sunday, August 9 (Eastern, GMT - 4).
Last edited by Vel-Rahn Koon on Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
12Keyblade
12Keyblade
Goon
12Keyblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:01 am

Post by 12Keyblade »

Hello Riddle!

KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:19 am

Post by KittyMo »

I'd still appreciate a more in-depth scum-o-meter, Keyblade, but thanks for the update to it.

By the way, I just have to finish reverendpsycho/Monsieur and ronnieroo and then I'll be all done with mine. I keep having to stop and fix my internet, though, which is really getting annoying. :S But I should have it finished by the end of today.

@ Riddle: Welcome! :) I have a few questions for you for when you get the chance to answer them:
1) How do you feel about your predeccessors' (Krauthammer & illiniguy09) playstyles?
2) How much experience do you have playing mafia? (That includes chat, forum, and real life mafia.)
3) Who do you currently find scummy?
4) Are you scum? :p
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
12Keyblade
12Keyblade
Goon
12Keyblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:37 pm

Post by 12Keyblade »

Just FYI, Monsieur has told me that he intends to replace out because of "the apathetic cast."

BlueRaven
BlueRaven
Goon
BlueRaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:58 am

Post by BlueRaven »

ok, i've tried everything on my computer, scanned it, defrag, etc... but there still problems on it ¬_¬... so im going to have an expert look at it so i'll be V/LA till next week, maybe a bit longer depending on how busy he is.
Show
W/L
town: 0/1
scum: 0/0

Some thing has come up. I wont be bk for a month or 2. I've replaced out of all my games. D: sorry guys...
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:34 am

Post by KittyMo »

12Keyblade wrote:Just FYI, Monsieur has told me that he intends to replace out because of "the apathetic cast."
Monsieur PMed you? >.>

I'm actually kinda surprised he feels that way. This game is a lot less apathetic than any of the ones I am in.

"plz don't swear" -- N
12Keyblade
12Keyblade
Goon
12Keyblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:30 pm

Post by 12Keyblade »

KittyMo wrote:
12Keyblade wrote:Just FYI, Monsieur has told me that he intends to replace out because of "the apathetic cast."
Monsieur PMed you? >.>

I'm actually kinda surprised he feels that way. This game is a lot less apathetic than any of the ones I am in.
No, contact through another site. That was all we discussed, Scout's honor.

Riddle
Riddle
Townie
Riddle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:19 pm

Post by Riddle »

Hey guys, I am glad to be joining this game and I will do my best to promote intelligent discussion. I am in the process of reading the thread, and I will reply to any and all questions once I am finished. Happy Scum-hunting!
The Flying Spaghetti Monster is too good.
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:12 am

Post by geekalicious »

Just letting you know that I'm checking in on the thread. Since I just did a full analysis of what I see in the game on the last page, I really can't find anything to comment on at the moment besides the fact that I would also like to see a bit of explanation behind this round of the Scum-O-Meter, 12Keyblade. It doesn't have to be as detailed as last time.

Oh, and welcome to the game, Riddle. I'm looking forward to reading your commentary.
You're just jealous 'cause my geekshake brings all the nerds to the yard.
Riddle
Riddle
Townie
Riddle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:21 am

Post by Riddle »

@ Riddle: Welcome! I have a few questions for you for when you get the chance to answer them:
1) How do you feel about your predeccessors' (Krauthammer & illiniguy09) playstyles?
2) How much experience do you have playing mafia? (That includes chat, forum, and real life mafia.)
1) I can't objectively analyze their styles, because I know what their roles were, but, being as objective as possible; Krauthammer seemed pretty newbie and didn't really post too much before he was replaced, and illiniguy's hammer vote and lack of reasons seemed pretty scummy to me.
2)I am currently in two forum games (Other one is on Day 1) and I have played a couple times IRL.
3)Geekalicious seems somewhat scummy to me (buddying)
4) lol
12Keyblade
12Keyblade
Goon
12Keyblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:26 am

Post by 12Keyblade »

New Scum-O-Meter:

Town

KittyMo (2) Still is posting, though she is falling slightly behind, and seems to be helping the town.
Monsieur (3) I like his posting style, but the fact that he told me he intends to leave rubs me the wrong way.
illiniguy09 (3.5) Currently in purgatory. Hasn't posted lately and his hammer seemed to have little reasoning.
BlueRaven (4) Has dropped, but his lack of posting still irks me. I'd like it if he offered an opinion once in a while.
ronnieroo (6) Honestly seems town, but at the same time, Zach's case rings some bells...really, I think this needs moved.
geekalicious (7) Hints of buddying up to players seems scummy. See case I posted earlier for more details.

Scum

KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:58 am

Post by KittyMo »

Well, since Monsieur doesn't seem to be coming back, I'm going to disregard my earlier deal with him and go ahead and post this.

KITTYMO'S PLAYER BY PLAYER ANALYSIS

12Keyblade:

Slightly Odd Random Vote
Playstyle description does not completely match actual playstyle
Rolefishing?
Rolefishing AGAIN?
Votes Zach with little explanation. Later "forgets" to unvote before going on vacation.
Such a hypocrite! :p

He's slightly scummy, but I think there are scummier players out there to be worried about.

BlueRaven:

Claims to have no style. Avoiding question?
Votes me, blatantly admitting that he is just "going with the crowd"
Says it's just a newbie mistake.
Says he can't explain himself; possible appeal to emotion?
Apparently has no idea why he voted for me over TFGM, when we had the same number of votes.
Brushes off all questions for him
Continues giving half-answers to questions. Says he is reading guides so he can become less of a "nwb"
Admits that even if Zach had claimed a power role, he still would've wanted to lynch him.
Can't think of anything to discuss.
Really bad WIFOM argument
STILL can't think of anything to talk about. (3 days later)
Another 3 days pass, still has nothing to talk about.

The thing about BlueRaven is: he's either actually a newbie, or just playing the newbie-card.

If he's actually a newbie: All his mistakes can be considered nulltells, which means he has a fairly equal chance of being town or scum, in my eyes. It makes it difficult to get a read on him, because when you press newbies, they crack easily regardless of alignment.

If he's just playing the newbie card: Then he's scum. The way his playstyle has shifted recently makes me think this is fairly likely.

Geekalicious

Describes his playstyle as meticulous and questioning. (Seems accurate.)
"Accidentally"? misquotes Zach
Possibly buddying up to me?
Scum gloating?

I dunno what you guys see scummy about this guy. He often states exactly what I had been thinking of saying. He asks good questions, and makes good cases. He's doing great as a townie for a first time player.

Krauthammer (predecessor of Illiniguy09)

Raw newbie. Describes playstyle as cautious. (Seems fairly accurate.)
Avoids bandwagoning.
Will get angry if TFGM comes up town.
Is OK with a bandwagon on BlueRaven.
Is still convinced that BlueRaven is very very scummy, but TFGM's newb mistakes make him look town.
Both attacks and defends Keyblade. Convenient way to not give a full answer?

Illiniguy09 (replacement of Krauthammer)

Accuses several players without really comitting to which one he finds scummiest.
Agrees with Zach accusations without adding anything to the discussion.
Scummy hammer; weren't we waiting on ronnie and Keyblade?
Poor explanation for hammer. Weak reasoning for voting Geek.
Just one example of how illini refused to give in-depth explanations.

I'm leaning scum on this guy, but Riddle can still change my read, depending on how he acts.

Reverendpyscho (predecessor of Monsieur)

Random vote's reasoning is false.
Becomes quickly defensive of Keyblade's vote on him. Also attacks Geek with weak reasoning.
Attacks and votes Geek because of a "contradiction". (This contradiction is nonexistant.)
FOSes Keyblade for voting him without "properly justifying himself"
Pretty jerky response to Reckoner. >.>

Monsieur (replacement of Reverendpsycho)

Blows my statements out of proportion.
Something about the way he attacks Geek for attacking Zach strikes me as off. I can't figure out how to explain it.
Still says I'm leaning scum, implying that my explanations for my actions are not good enough. Hasn't actually gone out and said this, though.
Makes weak excuses for not giving out reasons for his scum list.

Monsieur, you're leaning slight scum. I don't really like the manner in which you and your predecessor have attacked other players.

Ronnieroo

Very non-commital post.
Slip?
Acknowledges the fact that she's been here since the beginning of the game, and has not yet voted.

While I'd generally like more contribution from her, and I'd like her to vote once in a while, I doubt Ronnie is scum.

Fine, I'll do your cute little category thing. :p

HEAVEN

1) KittyMo :D
2) ronnieroo
3) Geekalicious *

PURGRATORY

4) 12Keyblade

HELL

5) BlueRaven **
6) Riddle ***
7) Monsieur ***

* I was unsure whether to put Geek in Heaven or high Purgratory.

** See my analysis of BlueRaven above. Once I have a better clue at whether he's newbie-carding or just a newbie, this spot may change.

*** I had trouble deciding between whether Riddle or Monsieur were scummier.

---------------------

grrr I've hit the Preview button at least 20 times now. Gah I hate formatting. >.< So, if I made any random mistakes, please forgive me...this whole post took a really long time.

I'm going to throw in a post count for each player for the heck of it.

POST COUNT

1) 12Keyblade: 99 posts
2) KittyMo: 78 posts
3) Geekalicious: 73 posts
4) BlueRaven: 41 posts
5) Monsieur: 16 (+12) = 28 posts
6) ronnieroo: 27 posts
7) Riddle: 2 (+14, +8) = 24 posts

See, I have been posting plenty! Quit yelling at me for not posting. >_<

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:01 am

Post by KittyMo »

Riddle wrote:
@ Riddle: Welcome! I have a few questions for you for when you get the chance to answer them:
1) I can't objectively analyze their styles, because I know what their roles were, but, being as objective as possible; Krauthammer seemed pretty newbie and didn't really post too much before he was replaced, and illiniguy's hammer vote and lack of reasons seemed pretty scummy to me.
2)I am currently in two forum games (Other one is on Day 1) and I have played a couple times IRL.
3)Geekalicious seems somewhat scummy to me (buddying)
4) lol
Good answers! Regarding #2, would you mind telling a bit about the setup of your real life games? (We don't want to have the same problem we did with The Flying Green Monkey...) Also, did you actually scumhunt in your real life games, or did you just (mostly) randomly pick people to lynch?

"plz don't swear" -- N
Riddle
Riddle
Townie
Riddle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:04 am

Post by Riddle »

I'm going to go ahead and
Unvote
. Illiniguy's reasoning for his vote was weak and I don't have enough of a reason to vote geekalicious yet.
12Keyblade
12Keyblade
Goon
12Keyblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:32 pm

Post by 12Keyblade »

KittyMo wrote:
12Keyblade:

Slightly Odd Random Vote
Dear lord, not you too! It was RANDOM people. RANDOM! Now can we drop it?
Oh no, at the time I wanted that vote to stay exactly where it was. However, in hindsight it allowed illiniguy09 to place the hammer while ronnie and I were away. And of course I feel dumb now for getting a townie lynched.

Speaking of vacation:
V/LA August 12-16
. So basically, I won't be here for the start of Day 3 (assuming that I'm alive *prays*)

And for those who are counting,
Deadline is August 9. People, that's less than a week.

geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:54 am

Post by geekalicious »

12Keyblade wrote: So unless anyone (besides the accused) is against it, I will vote for geek after illin's replacement shows up and offers his opinion, unless that manages to sway me in the extreme.
12Keyblade wrote:And for those who are counting, Deadline is August 9. People, that's less than a week.
Well, our replacement has finally spoken, 12Keyblade. Where does your vote lie while you're reminding us that we need to vote?
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:47 pm

Post by KittyMo »

I'm jealous of your many vacations, Keyblade. :p Have fun. Speaking of that, I never asked how your last one went. (Ronnie can answer too.)

Good points, Geek, good points. :-D

"plz don't swear" -- N
BlueRaven
BlueRaven
Goon
BlueRaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:54 pm

Post by BlueRaven »

ok im back from the repairers. My computer checked out that it became corrupt to a nasty virus... i dont have all that many details about it cus i wasnt the one who picked it up from the repairers.

i was reading through the posts and i jus thought that why would Monsieur PM keyblade? dosnt that seem suspisious...?

and i just realised that we dont have that much time till the deadline so we need to act fast...
Show
W/L
town: 0/1
scum: 0/0

Some thing has come up. I wont be bk for a month or 2. I've replaced out of all my games. D: sorry guys...
12Keyblade
12Keyblade
Goon
12Keyblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:15 pm

Post by 12Keyblade »

geekalicious wrote:Well, our replacement has finally spoken, 12Keyblade. Where does your vote lie while you're reminding us that we need to vote?
Tee hee, funny story...I don't have a clue. As much as my gut tells me that you are scum, my gut also is listening to Kitty and others who say you aren't. They've got some dang good cases...I really don't know. I'm going to try to place a vote later today. I make no promises.
KittyMo wrote:I'm jealous of your many vacations, Keyblade. :p Have fun. Speaking of that, I never asked how your last one went. (Ronnie can answer too.)
First you complain about me being off-topic, now you're trying to get me off-topic. Really this needs to stop. However, Washington DC was great. We saw all the really neat stuff, like the Capitol Building and the Washington Monument. We even got to tour the White House and--hey, stop that!!!
BlueRaven wrote:i was reading through the posts and i jus thought that why would Monsieur PM keyblade? dosnt that seem suspisious...?
He didn't. Obviously you weren't really reading. He told me this on another site, completly unsolicited. He only knew it was me 'cause my sn's the same on both. His isn't though.

KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:45 am

Post by KittyMo »

BlueRaven wrote: and i just realised that we dont have that much time till the deadline so we need to act fast...
So, what do you plan on doing about that?

"plz don't swear" -- N
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:41 pm

Post by geekalicious »

ronnieroo, you haven't posted in a while. What's your opinion on our Day 2 lynch with the deadline looming so close?

I personally think that this is a harder day to vote on than Day 1... We've had a replacement for reverendpsycho and illiniguy09, and with Monsieur likely having abandonded the game, we're probably going to need a replacement on him soon.
BlueRaven wrote:and i just realised that we dont have that much time till the deadline so we need to act fast...
Well, make comments on who you're really finding to be scummy, BlueRaven.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:08 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Raskol replaces Monsieur.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”