Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2005 6:17 am

Post by Fuldu »

I wasn't telling olio not to waste a vote on Doomcow, I was telling him that if he's going to be away, it's better not to place a vote at all than to place one that then can't be moved. As for my singleton vote, I was hoping (and still hope) that it would blossom into a bandwagon, but if it doesn't, I'm going to be here to move it to wherever it will need to be in order to secure a lynch.

Mr. Flay, I think you missed Genocide Heart's unvote, but assuming it's right other than that, we'll presently need 12 votes on anyone other than LC or mith in order to lynch them. Dragon Phoenix is unlikely to vote, JDTAY is unlikely to vote, and Doomcow's not going to vote for himself. That leaves only 12 people not already on the LC or mith bandwagons. We need to have players on the LC and mith bandwagons removing their votes if we want to have any hope of lynching
anybody
. More generally, any votes that can't be unvoted count against us far more strongly than non-votes, because not only are they not contributing to the lynch, but they're also increasing the level we need to reach to attain lynch.

Right now I see Electra, olio, and PeaceBringer as the players most unlikely to change their votes. If everyone else unvoted, that wouldn't be so bad. The 8 votes that are necessary to reach quarter-lynch far outweigh that. But I highly doubt that everyone else is going to unvote. Several of the voting players have posted without doing so (The Machine and Aelyn, just on this last page; if we're looking for scum in those two bandwagons, those two are at the top of my list). The more players we have who don't/can't unvote, the more likely we are to wind up not lynching today. That's what I was taking olio to task for.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2005 6:21 am

Post by Fuldu »

Mod
: The deadline is set for Tuesday at 8PM. Is that 8PM EDT (where I understand Dragon Slayer is) or some other time zone?
Desperate Heart
Desperate Heart
Townie
Desperate Heart
Townie
Townie

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2005 6:21 am

Post by Desperate Heart »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:cmon people! wake up!
But I've been sick and exhausted since last week and the doctor says I need more sleep...

Vote: DoomCow
, I guess. I'd still like it if we could have mith vig PB and someone investigate Locus or Darklight.
[i]There is only ONE god:
He is the SUN god:
Ra! Ra! Ra![/i]
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2005 6:47 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

Okay... this pains me. It really does. But since I don't see myself seriously getting people to lynch someone else without it, I'm going to have to ask you to not lynch DoomCow, either. I can testify that he's innocent, as well.

Given our remaining choices, I think the Gaspode thing is our best bet.
Vote: Gaspode
. Even if there's little momentum there at the moment, his defense is the weakest, mostly due to lurking, and by rights he should have been lynched yesterday.
To be Continued...
SubtleTactix
SubtleTactix
Townie
SubtleTactix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2005 7:41 am

Post by SubtleTactix »

DarkLight140 is claiming that both Locus and DoomCow are innocent.

I like the idea of still lynching one of Locus or DoomCow just to test the claim. If we wind up lynching a pro-town character, at least we get some evidence to clear two other players. If we lynch scum... Hurrah! Plus, we get strong future lynch candidates as a bonus. That's a lot of information to get out of an early-game lynch.

--Tactix
[size=75]"No hard feelings Tactix, sorry about leading the crusade against you." -- Crola[/size]
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2005 7:52 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

I dislike the idea (obviously). Also, really, do you think all of us will be living through the night? Even if we're somehow all members of a scum group claiming to be masons, there are something like four kills per night (five, if mith is another) based on Night One records. Those other three/four kills... Anyway, if you lynch one of us and he's innocent, it'll only point out to the scum that killing the rest of us would be a good thing, so you're more likely to end up with corpses than cleared players.
To be Continued...
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2005 7:53 am

Post by mith »

Something is fishy about this, there's way too many people confirming each other.

Unvote: Locus
for now.

I'm going back and forth on whether Fuldu or olio is suspicious. I also remain unconvinced of Gaspode being scum.

Hm.

I think I will
Vote: roland
. I strongly suggest that the next few votes go on either him or Gaspode, and if the Gaspode wagon gains steam I will switch to it before the deadline. And also, of course, that everyone get their votes off Locus and I. I also request that the mods ignore the votes of any inactive players that are voting for the purposes of the deadline rule.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2005 7:57 am

Post by mith »

And, what DL said. If they're scum, they're unlikely to survive very long anyway. I still think there's something fishy going on, and wouldn't be at all surprised if one of them was scum and not the others, but we can do better, even with the limited time.
rolandofthewhite
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2005 10:01 am

Post by rolandofthewhite »

Unvote (if I was); Vote: Gaspode

My apologies for not posting much. I've always been more of a Day 4 player than a Day 1 or 2 player. Everytime I check back here I'm like, "Ok... Nothing's happened...". I don't feel the need to post unless something is actually happening. I was for the Gaspode lynch on Day 1 and I felt the same way at the beginning of this day, but since no one was voting for him, I didn't figure it would make much of a difference. Hopefully now we can finish the job that we were supposed to do on Day 1.
Quiero hacer contigo lo que la primavera hace con los cerezos.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2005 10:09 am

Post by Fuldu »

mith wrote:I'm going back and forth on whether Fuldu or olio is suspicious. I also remain unconvinced of Gaspode being scum.
I don't think there's any reason that either of us has to be suspicious. I was calling olio out for poor play (note that with DarkLight's support of DoomCow, olio's vote is now precisely the sort of obstacle to lynch that I was describing), not for scummy behavior.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2005 11:06 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

in that case...
unvote

vote Gaspode
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
The_Machine86
The_Machine86
Goon
The_Machine86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2005 1:29 pm

Post by The_Machine86 »

I just started playing, but the last post Gas made was him saying that he may need a replacement. So... is that why you guys are lynching him?
"A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me, she said 'no'."
Woody Allen
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2005 1:31 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

mith wrote:I think I will
Vote: roland
What. The. Hell. With everything going on, you're starting
another
bandwagon target? We've got less than 48 hours to find 8 or more votes on someone, and pare down the extraneous votes to avoid a no-lynch. If you know something about Gaspode's innocence, you might as well just say it at this point.

I agree there's way too many masonries going right now, but I think we should let the night-kills sort some of it out, rather than do the scum's dirty work.
Unvote: DoomCow
on DarkLight140's word (for now),
for the sake of my sanity.

mith, where are you aiming now? Our protective roles need to know who not to protect if we're actually going to test you... I'd almost say put Aelyn out of the game, since he apparently doesn't want to be here, but at this point I'm royally confused. :?

With my vote, I think that puts Gaspode and mith at 5, LC at 4, DC with 3, and rolandofthewhite with 1. (unofficially)
Retired as of October 2014.
Desperate Heart
Desperate Heart
Townie
Desperate Heart
Townie
Townie

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2005 3:18 pm

There is only one possible mason group that can still support three members, The Them, and that would require Dog being a character and a masonry of five people. Both of those requirements would be a bit weird, although not totally improbable.

However Locus, Darklight, and DoomCow have claimed
all
the remaining spots in the Them Masonry, so if anyone else is a member of Them and can reveal that without getting modkilled it would be quite compelling proof that those three are lying. I really feel like something fishy is going on with them...

However, I'll still
Unvote
. I'm not to keen on voting for Gaspode, though. Aren't we in the process of replacing him or something?
He is the SUN god:
Ra! Ra! Ra![/i]
rolandofthewhite
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2005 3:58 pm

Post by rolandofthewhite »

FOS: Genocide
. We don't really have time for this...
Quiero hacer contigo lo que la primavera hace con los cerezos.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2005 4:30 pm

Post by Coron »

unvote vote: Gaspode
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2005 4:48 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Genocide Heart wrote:There is only one possible mason group that can still support three members, The Them, and that would require Dog being a character and a masonry of five people. Both of those requirements would be a bit weird, although not totally improbable.

However Locus, Darklight, and DoomCow have claimed
all
the remaining spots in the Them Masonry, so if anyone else is a member of Them and can reveal that without getting modkilled it would be quite compelling proof that those three are lying. I really feel like something fishy is going on with them...

However, I'll still
Unvote
. I'm not to keen on voting for Gaspode, though. Aren't we in the process of replacing him or something?
This was roughly the same interpretation that led me to assume Locus and the two names he gave (lazarusmoth and Genocide Heart, I believe) were the Them. However, given Locus' reliance on waiting for someone to come out to clear him instead of naming one of his partners has made me rethink possible game mechanics and I have another belief about the way this might work. As such, I think it's wrongheaded and even a little scummy that you're trying to get Them to come out to dispute a claim that no one has made, especially since it would be quite difficult for Them to do so in a way that wouldn't get them mod-killed.
Desperate Heart
Desperate Heart
Townie
Desperate Heart
Townie
Townie

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2005 6:39 pm

Excepting incredibly weird game mechanics or role setups, the fact that there's three of them pretty much guarantees that they're lying or Them, as no other sensible mason group can support that many members. Witchfinders might've, but Newton's dead.

And although I'd like it if someone else made a (Truthful!) mason claim, it does potentially tag three scum after all, it isn't necessary. Especially since we still have other ways of checking them and an approaching deadline :(

I suppose it
is
probably better to just invetigate one of them, but it's at least important to note that they have all three mason spots claimed (This also suggests Coron is a witchfinder, btw) in case anyone missed it.

Stupid deadlines...
He is the SUN god:
Ra! Ra! Ra![/i]
olio
olio
Mafia Scum
olio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2005 7:39 pm

Post by olio »

Heeh.. My bus is leaving in few minutes :)
unvote
vote: Gaspode

Well Fuldu, don't you think my vote on Doomcow helped Darklight to come to his defence and reinforcing Gaspode-wagon?
[size=75]Music makes the world go 'round,
there's no life without a sound.[/size]
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2005 8:18 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Given that you were able to come back and remove it, olio, yes. But based on what you had said, I hadn't expected that to happen.

And Genocide Heart, what I'm saying is that I don't think that Locus, DarkLight, and DoomCow are masons, I think it's a completely different game mechanic. If they were masons, Locus wouldn't have had to beg for his counterpart to come to his defense, he could have simply said who it was and they would have confirmed. The way Locus approached it suggests that he didn't know that DarkLight was the individual who was going to come to his defense.

If they aren't masons, then there are lots of roles that could work for the mechanic that I have in mind. I'm not going to say what it is, because whether I'm right or wrong, it's almost certainly better for the idea not to be common knowledge.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2005 8:54 pm

Post by mith »

I don't think there's any reason that either of us has to be suspicious.
I didn't make myself very clear there; what I meant was that I was going back and forth on each of you individually, not that I think one or the other has to be scum. The exchange was just a little odd, but I'll look at it more closely tomorrow if I'm still alive.
What. The. Hell. With everything going on, you're starting another bandwagon target? We've got less than 48 hours to find 8 or more votes on someone, and pare down the extraneous votes to avoid a no-lynch. If you know something about Gaspode's innocence, you might as well just say it at this point.
I don't think Gaspode is scum. He was also only on 2 when I posted. My intention was to simply give the next few voters an option, because I knew I would be on to switch if needed. Now that it's clear which way we're going, I will do so. I mean, we still have a day, it used to be a pretty reasonable assumption that most everyone in the game would check in that time. I keep forgetting that so many players don't pay attention, I guess.

Unvote: roland, Vote: Gaspode

My target will be PB, unless something drastic changes there. There have been plenty of people posting agreement with that.

roland, like PB, I was not voting for you because of the lack of posts and short posts, but because of the content of those short posts. Also, this:
FOS: Genocide. We don't really have time for this...
Is uncalled for IMO, as the only reason we're in this situation is because of all the people like you not really participating until now.

Gaspode- 8 (Fuldu, DarkLight, roland, Pooky, Mr. Flay, Coron, olio, mith)
mith- 5 (Electra (hasn't posted in almost a month), Iammars (hasn't posted in two weeks), Locus Cosecant, PeaceBringer, SinisterOverlord (hasn't posted in almost a month))
Locus Cosecant- 4 (SubtleTactix, Thoth (hasn't posted in two weeks), Aelyn, The_Machine86)
DoomCow- 1 (Peachy)

DP - not playing!
Seol
Genocide Heart
Gaspode
JD - hasn't posted all day
Pitbull - has posted once, after replacing PBuG
DoomCow
korais - hasn't posted all day

There are currently as many players who have not posted in the past two weeks as there are on the largest bandwagon. This is just sad. We're pretty close to having enough to lynch, though.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2005 12:48 am

Post by Coron »

Locus would play that way. He asked me in a game at night if I'd like to confirm him the next day as there was already suspicion on him. Well not so much "confirm" as partially confirm.
The_Machine86
The_Machine86
Goon
The_Machine86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2005 3:11 am

Post by The_Machine86 »

Genocide Heart wrote: However Locus, Darklight, and DoomCow have claimed
all
I may have mistaken this part, but is Dog shown as part of THEM on the first page?
"A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me, she said 'no'."
Woody Allen
Desperate Heart
Desperate Heart
Townie
Desperate Heart
Townie
Townie

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2005 3:24 am

No. Dog is not. In the book, however, Dog is owned by Adam who is a member of them. Also, if we accept that they're masons, Dog needs to be a member for the group to be large enough.

And yes, it's possible there's some other connection between them, but I can't think of what it would be. Darklight could be a cop, I suppose, and Locus could have been told that he was investigated or something. Everything other than masons and scum is just so weird, though. Keep it to yourself if you have to, I guess, but since I'm all in the dark and such I'm considering them as having essentially made a mason claim.

And is eight enough to lynch at the deadline?
just in case.
He is the SUN god:
Ra! Ra! Ra![/i]
The_Machine86
The_Machine86
Goon
The_Machine86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2005 4:02 am

Post by The_Machine86 »

Either/or, I'm holding my vote off Gas till the end of today. He said he may be getting replaced. I want to see if this happens or not.

Can someone tell me what he said that makes everyone seem that he is mafia? or at least a general location in the game (PG number)?
Woody Allen

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”