Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:35 am

Post by Mgm »

About Nanook: With all docs dead, it's reasonable to assume Nanook won't make it through the night. If he does, the scum left him alive because of him having a useless sanity or because he lied to begin with. Of course Nanook should still investigate, but let's not have the game depend on it.

Let's try to get MOS talking first. And decide on the lynch after hearing a claim.

We lynch the most suspicious claim, let one of the other 2 be vigged overnight and look very close and careful look at what's left tomorrow.

I would like to survive, but if my death can serve the town, I can live (or rather die) with it. Just give me a final chance to speak, before doing the deed or going to night in case of vigging.
Show
"Logic is a systematic method to come to the wrong conclusion."
[u][b]Next:[/b] Doctor Who Mafia[/u]
[u]Testimonials about Mgm:[/u]
:shock: - Stoofer
You put me through hell Mgm, my nerves are crushed :/ - Patrick
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:37 am

Post by Mgm »

About Nanook: With all docs dead, it's reasonable to assume Nanook won't make it through the night. If he does, the scum left him alive because of him having a useless sanity or because he lied to begin with. Of course Nanook should still investigate, but let's not have the game depend on it.

Let's try to get MOS talking first. And decide on the lynch after hearing a claim.

We lynch the most suspicious claim, let one of the other 2 be vigged overnight and look very close and careful look at what's left tomorrow.

I would like to survive, but if my death can serve the town, I can live (or rather die) with it. Just give me a final chance to speak, before doing the deed or going to night in case of vigging.
Show
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:42 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

All things considered to the two cop bit being a bit powerful .. remember that in my pm is states that my sanity is unknown, and as already mentioned Willows could have been also. Another note is that if I do make it through the night then I will follow through with today's pick on who to investigate. Since I won't really be around this weekend and those I believe most seem to have a mutual consensus ..

Vote: Mastermind of Sin
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:50 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

Vote: MOS
4th of 5.

Vigging halfpint tonight unless any objections.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:14 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

been away on vacation-
vote MOS
since the claims all seem reasonable to me.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:09 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

FOS: the last three voters
for lynching me while I was on vacation...good job there...I really appreciate the hospitality... :wink: ...
vote: MoS
...just in case I'm not dead yet, might as well finish the job so the town loses a cop...I'm not even going to bother sharing my results...y'all deserve to lose...
Permanent V/LA.
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:02 pm

Post by Mgm »

If MOS is a cop, I'm not buying Nanook's claim by a long shot.
Show
halfpint
halfpint
Goon
halfpint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:27 pm

Post by halfpint »

STD wrote:Vigging halfpint tonight unless any objections.
Hmm ... considering my role is useful to the town (I can't get killed at night by werewolves), why would you want to do this ... I know I haven't been active, but surely there has got to be some other reason.
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:54 pm

Post by Mgm »

halfpint wrote:
STD wrote:Vigging halfpint tonight unless any objections.
Hmm ... considering my role is useful to the town (I can't get killed at night by werewolves), why would you want to do this ... I know I haven't been active, but surely there has got to be some other reason.
Why we'd want to do this? You're one of the suspects. Why would the town need someone immune to werewolf attacks if there's two cops and two docs? Unless you've got some reason to suspect one of the confirmed innocents, I doubt STD is gonna listen to you.
Show
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2005 7:58 am

Post by Norinel »

Please remember that I do not generally approve of posting during twilight, even when it's extended due to mod absence or the like. The final vote was PeaceBringer's post 1104; all votes and PMs after that time have been ignored.

End of Day Vote Count

Mastermind of Sin- 5 (Mgm, the silent speaker, NanookTheWolf, Save The Dragons, PeaceBringer)

Not voting- everyone else

5 to lynch

Village Day 4, Town Night 5

I'm sorry; I'm just in a blagh feeling after getting back. So have a placeholder deathscene as I give the important stuff to keep the game moving and such.

Mastermind of Sin (Werewolf) - lynched Day 4 by the Village.

It is now Night 5 in the Village, send choices by the end of the town's Day.

And for the Town:

Mgm (Mason) - shot Night 5 in the Town.

Mastermind of Sin (Mason) - mauled Night 5 in the Town.

(Which was, for reasons of mod error, replaced with:)

PeaceBringer (Roleblocker) - shot Night 5 in the Town.

Mgm (Mason) - mauled Night 5 in the Town.

It is now Day 5 in the town, 4 to lynch.
Last edited by Norinel on Tue May 03, 2005 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2005 8:18 am

Post by Coron »

I would have done better leaving my kill on MoS I think I figured out why fishbulb was defending him by the end of the night so I changed my kill.
Fishbulb- third mason right?
Who's left off my list now?

Fuldu
willows_weep
ralphmerridew

since fishbulb seems cleared to me.

I'd like to here claims from at least these(or restatement of claim)
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2005 10:50 am

Post by Fuldu »

Fuldu
Uraj45 (Replacing KingEnigma (Replacing Uraj45))
willows_weep
PeaceBringer
Fishbulb
Coron (Replacing lulu muumuu)
ralphmerridew

That's everybody who's still alive. I have a horrible time tracking this game, so if we could get a clarification on who has claimed what, I'd appreciate it. I'm happy to claim if Coron so desires, but I still don't quite understand the rationale behind his "list." Without claiming, let me say in my defense that I was one of the primary promoters of disbelief in STD's claim yesterday. My wishy-washiness on Nanook doesn't look as good, I'll admit.

Also, if you compare Town's dead to Village's dead, you can see that we still have a living analogue to "Apprentice Healer," i.e. Backup Doc. I don't know that we really want to make it easier for scum to find such an individual.

And, to further pin down what we do and don't have left (and since anyone who was going to false claim would do this privately with the mod, anyway):

Mod
- What is the Town equivalent of Apprentice Healer? What is the Town equivalent of Seer? What is the Village equivalent of Outsider?
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2005 10:59 am

Post by Mgm »

:( Grrr! Go town!
Show
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2005 1:17 pm

Post by Norinel »

Fuldu wrote:
Mod
- What is the Town equivalent of Apprentice Healer?
Nurse
What is the Town equivalent of Seer?
Cop
What is the Village equivalent of Outsider?
Shaman
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2005 2:19 pm

Post by Coron »

Fuldu
Uraj45 (attacked the known scum early)
willows_weep
PeaceBringer(attacked the known scum early)
Fishbulb(mason)
Coron (me, vig, found scum.)
ralphmerridew
I think at this point confirmed innocents are important, I wish the masons had claimed yesterday.
Yes, as I said I'd like fuldu willows and RM to claim.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2005 4:07 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Mgm wrote:Let's stir things up.
Vote:Fishbulb
That's a post from Mgm in town yesterday. I don't know how you came to the conclusion that Fishbulb was a mason, or even why you think there's necessarily a third mason, but it seems like a pretty bad argument to me. As things stand, I trust your claim of vig, Coron, since there was an otherwise unexplained killing last night, but everything else on your list doesn't especially move me.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2005 5:54 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

omfg, I just died simultaneously in both games...I hate you all. Especially the ones that killed me. :(
Permanent V/LA.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2005 8:36 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Coron wrote:I would have done better leaving my kill on MoS I think I figured out why fishbulb was defending him by the end of the night so I changed my kill.
Wait, what? You're saying that you caused the shooting kill last night instead of the mauling kill? That's not consistent with, well, anything. And even if you misspoke or Norinel made an error because it's late, what kind of good-guy vig mauls somebody to death?

It's hard to imagine a scenario in which you're scum. I mean, a SK showing up this late in the game (and not yet at all in the other), would be very unusual. But something about this situation doesn't track.

Still, based on the dangerous possible interpretation of this kill info, I'm going to take a flier:
Mod
: What is the
Village
equivalent of Werewolf?

I'm assuming I'm going to get a "Does Not Compute" error for this question, but Werewolves cause maulings and we had a mauling in Town last night, so it seems worth asking. If there's a Werewolf in Town, there's probably also a silent Mafia member in the Village, and they're probably both scum, biding their time.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2005 8:41 pm

Post by Fuldu »

I guess I should correct that to say that the shooter
has
shown up in Village, but again, not until Night Four. That's far more consistent with one-shot vig behavior than with SK behavior, but the mauling we saw is still just weird to me.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2005 12:11 am

Post by Norinel »

I'll take another look at the kill choices from last night and see if a correction needs to made and, if so, how to do it.
Fuldu wrote:
Mod
: What is the
Village
equivalent of Werewolf?
Mafia.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2005 12:37 am

Post by Coron »

Yup I'm very sure I killed mgm.
The fishbulb thing is a huntch. I think there is a third because there was a third in village.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2005 12:43 am

Post by Norinel »

All right, it looks like I screwed something up (Not on Sunday, though), so I'll be contacting the affected parties.
ralphmerridew
ralphmerridew
Goon
ralphmerridew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2005 3:33 am

Post by ralphmerridew »

I'm a townie. As for my actions, I attempted to protect Talitha day 1 (being masons in village, we could converse out of thread; I believed her story); I was also voting Nanook and STD from the starts of those days.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2005 5:51 am

Post by Fuldu »

This is a long post with some specific questions directed at specific players, generally indicated in bold. Please read the whole thing, because I think we've reached the stage where this is important.

First, just to make sure that the receipt of an answer from the mod means that the role actually exists:

Mod
: What is the Village equivalent of Flying Pumpkin?

But, assuming that we actually have a SK who has somehow managed to coordinate with his Village counterpart to not kill until now, it means one of two things. Either a) in contrast to every other role in this game, the SKs are allowed to communicate across the border between Town and Village, or b) the SK's roles randomly (or, I suppose, possibly not randomly, if Norinel saw fit to balance the role that way), ended up hitting the same person, who, of course, could communicate with himself.

I think the latter is the more probable of the two explanations, which means PeaceBringer or ralphmerridew, the only two players still alive in both Town and Village. Of the two, I'm more inclined to suspect PeaceBringer largely because, though he isn't dead in Village, it seems like ralphm is pretty well confirmed as a mason.

ralphmerridew
, on the above, is it true that there is a third mason in Village?

In support of the SK hypothesis, I'd point out that three Werewolves are dead in Village. If there isn't a SK (or another Werewolf, I suppose), why isn't the game over?

If Coron and ralphm are telling the truth (and I believe Coron at present, even if that situation is still confusing) and if this guess on a SK is correct (even if it isn't PB), then with my knowledge of my own role, I can nearly pin down what the list of the remaining seven roles ought to be. PeaceBringer has claimed roleblocker in Town, no roleblocker yet appears in Village, and he has never been verified as a roleblocker. In fact, he last posted that he didn't use his blocking powers Nights Three and Four. I think there's a high probability that he's scum and, in particular, a SK.

ralphm has claimed townie. I'll do the same. I'd like PeaceBringer to fully claim (actual role name for verification on the roleblocker thing) and Coron should do the same. If a Werewolf SK exists, one of the four of us is definitely lying (possibly two). We can address the question of whether Fishbulb, Uraj45, and willows_weep should claim (trying to pin down who the other scum might be) afterward.

I was going to keep my list to myself, but decided that if I'm trying to bring PeaceBringer's claim into question, it makes better sense to simply put it out there. I can more easily point to the conclusions to be drawn once the list is readily available.

Roles we know still exist:
Mafia
Nurse
Mason (pending verification of three members by ralphm)

Roles that have been claimed:
1-Vig
Roleblocker
Townie
Townie

Roles I believe exist:
Werewolf (SK)

That's eight roles to seven players. It relies on the existence of a total of four scum in the game. Whether that fourth scum is a SK or Mafia merely affects where the scum is likely to be. But I think the fact that the game isn't over in Village should strongly suggest that a total of four scum exist.

Coron and Fishbulb
, I'd understand if you didn't want to answer, but is there a fourth Werewolf left in Village? The answer will probably help us a lot more here than it's going to hurt you there.

Coron - one-shot vig
Fishbulb -
Fuldu - townie
PeaceBringer - roleblocker
ralphmerridew - townie
Uraj45 -
willows_weep -

I guess I'll just add that this also makes possible a list of the remaining roles in Village. Again, if my information is correct, the villagers are doing substantially better there, with the Werewolves eliminated and PB as a good (if not certain) bet for the remaining SK. On the other hand, if there's a mauling in Village tonight (unless it's the one-shot vig who, since he claims to shoot in Town, would probably claim to maul in Village), it means the Werewolves aren't eliminated, that there's an extra Mafia in my list for Town, and that either Coron or ralphm
must
be lying (or me, but I'm not) and that second remaining Town Mafia scum. I don't think it's all that likely, but it's a possibility to keep in mind once we head to night here.

Definite Village Roles:
Mason
Mason
Shaman

Probable Village Roles:
Mafia SK (Again, with three dead werewolves, why isn't the game over in Village?)

Claimed by Proxy Village Roles:
1-Vig
Roleblocker
Townie
Townie

Village Scum and Vig
: Obviously you should keep an eye on what else happens here today (Hypocrite! Have you read anything that's happened in the Village since you died there? No, I just keep asking the other players for updates.), but I'd recommend considering PB as a target over there.
ralphmerridew
ralphmerridew
Goon
ralphmerridew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2005 7:17 am

Post by ralphmerridew »

There are indeed three masons in the village (ralphmerridew, Talitha (deceased), and the silent speaker).

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”