Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:42 am

Post by VP Baltar »

How did you have us pegged as tag team partners? I guess I wasn't subtle enough with my breadcrumbing on day 1.

I was actually in the same boat as you guys in worrying about Ham being scum. I went into a our quick topic N1 pretty skeptical and trying to get him to spill his guts about his role. That's why I never gave him the post where I breadcrumbed he was my partner. In hindsight, I guess I should have.

I was trying to buddy him as well in case he was scum, so his team wouldn't kill me over night. Had I survived N1 I might have outted him as my tag partner and strung him up D2 on that suspicion alone.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:47 am

Post by Sotty7 »

At the top of page two you called out Kise and Locke for extending the RVS stage, completely ignoring Ham who did the same. When I read the game though again on day two, I knew you had a partner out there so I figured it would be Ham. I couldn't see any other connections.

Reading though your night topic I could tell you didn't completely trust Ham that gave me some chuckles.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:18 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Gah, I felt like I had this game on lockdown even though I chucked my partner on D1 (more aggressive than I usually am and almost assuredly less aggressive then I'll be in the future). Figured out Sotty was scum on D2 and got rid of her that night, and figured out Locke was her scum partner in the middle of D3, but unfortunately I had pushed in other directions earlier in the day and felt uncomfortable completely reversing direction. But Locke was going to die the next night.

This just exemplifies either Don completely failed to consider the endgame options before him by actually shooting for scum or he did consider them and thought I was town. If Don had killed massive or fabian, Locke and I cross-kill at night and the faces win.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:10 am

Post by VP Baltar »

@Sotty-yeah, heh. I don't know if Ham caught on or not that I was considering him to possibly be scum. He seemed pretty trusting that I was town.
YOUR AD HERE

don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:55 am

Post by don_johnson »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
This just exemplifies either Don completely failed to consider the endgame options before him by actually shooting for scum or he did consider them and thought I was town. If Don had killed massive or fabian, Locke and I cross-kill at night and the faces win.
actually, i thought fabian and locke were town and massive was a "survivor" role. i didn't realize two heel factions. i was hoping that locke had a protective role. your back to back L-1 votes sealed the deal for me. hindsight is 20/20. i realize now i could have probably posted better for krer to realize we had similar roles, and with two factions i would have pulled either fabian or locke, so i think heels had a chance no matter what, but it certainly could have been different. c'est la vie!
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:50 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Don brings up a good point I forgot to mention. I was only skimming along, but I was completely in the dark that there were two heel factions. There probably should have been some kind of differentiation in the flips so the town would have at least had a clue of what was going on as the game progressed.
YOUR AD HERE

massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:30 pm

Post by massive »

We really should have discussed the "two kills each night" thing. I thought, at first, that the tag-teams were like brother-sister type roles -- one dies, they both die. I honestly did get to a point where I was sure Don was a renegade element.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
hambargarz
hambargarz
Goon
hambargarz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:14 pm

Post by hambargarz »

I was a bit confused, What were all those "jobbers"? I'm assuming they were another scum faction.

And VP, it didn't occur to me that you could be scum. Though I don't regret it. I would prefer to have the least number of suspects to concentrate on as possible.

I DID think it a bit strange you asked for my role and name without stating yours.

I knew DDD and Sotty were likely scum, couldn't find a good case, it was more the vibe from their posts. I didn't suspect Locke as much though. DJ was hard for me to read. I didn't know what to make of him so I kind of ignored him.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:35 pm

Post by don_johnson »

locke certainly played well. congrats.

truly sorry about the quicklynch ham, i just figured with my ability that all i needed to do was thin the crowd 'til lylo. i didn't even really think about it. i've been eliminated in similar fashion before and i know it sucks to log on and not even have a chance to avoid it. no hard feelings i hope.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
xxFabianxx
xxFabianxx
Goon
xxFabianxx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:37 pm

Post by xxFabianxx »

I wanted to lynch Locke from Day 1 :wink:
Indubitable
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:28 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

DDD: your vote on Kreriov made me pretty sure you were scum, so I think we probably would have crosskilled each other that night even without the Avenger situation. As you say, it was a bit too late to change direction on the lynch at that point so I was hoping you weren't going to get me too.

I kept wondering whether people had worked out there were two scumteams. I suggested that we theme our kills in the style of the Undertaker (Chokeslam, Tombstone) so that someone might come to the conclusion that he was a serial killer. Nobody mentioned that in-thread, though, so I don't know if that affected anyone's thinking.

It's a shame both of the tag teams got broken on N1. I was interested to see what would happen between Kise and Sotty and it looks like VP and Ham would have been entertaining too if we hadn't killed VP N1.

Apologies to Fabian too for all the attacks! I thought I ought to be consistent so after I made the point against you on D1, I decided to keep running with it. I think VP and Spyrex would have been all over me by D3 if they'd been alive.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Kreriov
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:21 am

Post by Kreriov »

DDD was obvscum. I knew DJ was lying about his role, but was not sure why. I thought Locke or DJ had to be a third party. I really thought we had a 3 scum team and an SK type role until the very end when I could not decide if it the tag-team guys were masons or lovers. What finally decided me was DJs erratic play. He lied about his role, obviously trying to set himself up for a lynch. Rather than allow that to happen I decided I couldn't risk it and had to take him out. As usual the unwillingness of town to try and get as much correct info out there killed it. Both DJ and I could not really reveal our true roles, of course, but why not claim mason D1 unless you were unsure of your partners alignment? Ah well, good job Locke.
Kreriov
-Most people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down stairs.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:23 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Neither pair of tag team partners were confirmed, if that is what you are getting at Krer.
YOUR AD HERE

Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:24 am

Post by Porkens »

Actually, only one individual asked about that (one of the two that were actually on the same side).

I'm really pleased that almost everyone seemed to enjoy the game. I was thrilled to see you get into the spirit of the game.

When the avenger PMs started coming in, and I saw how it was going to end up; I was worried that folks would be upset, but also amazed at how well this ending fit the flavor; battle royals were always flopping around like this. To have 3 people thrown out at one go towards the end was nothing short of classic.

I'd like to say thanks, also, to BridgesandBaloons and Lord Gurgi for taking a look at the setup and stopping me from making a horrible game. I'm pretty happy with this setup, as it finally turned out.

I have plans to run a large theme WWF game in the near future (can anyone say 'road to wrestlemania'?!), I'll be sure to let you all know when it comes up!

Finally, would you all be willing to comment a little more on how the game-wide post restrictions affected your play?

The match is over, but the crowd is still on their feet, booing and screaming at the winner and his partner, still posing in the ring...
The Macho King Randy Savage and Earthquake strut proudly around the squared circle, egging the crowd on. Bobby "The Brain" Heenan has left the announcers table to go congratulate the heel winners. Mean Gene closes out the PPV...

"Mean" Gene Okerlund:
Well folks, as you can see, I've been abandoned here.

But hasn't it's been one incredible night here in Madison Square Gardens? We have new battle royal champions and a lot of bruised egos in this building tonight.

I simply couldn't believe the level of sportsmanship and athleticism we were privileged to witness in these last few hours.

Have a wonderful summer folks, we'll see you next time. For Bobby Heenan, this is Gene Okerlund, signing off.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:02 am

Post by don_johnson »

i thought the post restriction was extremely helpful for the theme. it forced a bit more action and helped avoid WoT's that would have surely hurt us with such quick deadlines. of course, i was having fun with the pr and my character. it seemed others may have been expecting a more "regular" type of mafia game, but i enjoy the fast pace and no quote tag rule(although there were a couple of times i really wanted to use them). consider this a pre in for the next one. wonderfully modded.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:07 am

Post by SpyreX »

As long as the game keeps moving I am totally for the post restrictions. Its only bad when you hit a spot where you WANT to post but simply CANT post.

All in all it was a fun game to play. I'm still shakin my head at the avenger deathopolis but hey what can you do
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:20 am

Post by VP Baltar »

As I said before, i think the post restriction was great. Perhaps allowing quoting, but adding those words into the total word count for the post would be good...especially if you go with a similar idea in a large game. In a long game it would no doubt be challenging to follow someone's train of thought without quoting.
YOUR AD HERE

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:21 am

Post by SpyreX »

To me that was part of the fun though. :)
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:28 am

Post by Sotty7 »

don_johnson wrote:i thought the post restriction was extremely helpful for the theme. it forced a bit more action and helped avoid WoT's that would have surely hurt us with such quick deadlines. of course, i was having fun with the pr and my character. it seemed others may have been expecting a more "regular" type of mafia game, but i enjoy the fast pace and no quote tag rule(although there were a couple of times i really wanted to use them). consider this a pre in for the next one. wonderfully modded.
I agree with everything said here. I'm trying to post more to the point these days a do as few WoT's as I can and this game helped me with that. It also showed me how much fun it can be to play this way.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:29 am

Post by massive »

I had initial issues with the posting guidelines.

I got better. :)
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
hambargarz
hambargarz
Goon
hambargarz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:45 pm

Post by hambargarz »

No hard feelings DJ

And yes, I liked the ruleset for the game. I liked how it kept things moving and from what I played I liked the quick deadlines.

Since I'm in a very different timezone, there was usually alot of posts at once I had to address. So there were times where I wanted to write more but couldn't. I had to wait for another person to post, but that usually happens when I'm sleeping so when I come back theres another couple of pages of posts to go through and address.

Though I understand the reason behind the rule, and still like it.

Undecided on the no-quote rule. There were times I wished I could quote, or wished others could to save me looking up stuff. But yeah, excessive quoting can be equally annoying.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:05 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

I thought the ruleset was great and the game kept moving at a good pace. In a similar vein to hambargarz, it was a little frustrating at times when I couldn't make another post for several hours because no-one else was online to post, but that was mainly at times when I remembered something I wanted to say just after I posted. A couple of times I had to cut down my post size to fit 150 but I thought that was a good thing, it stopped me rambling and made sure everything I said was concise and to the point. It's definitely the most enjoyable mafia game I've played so far and I'd like to be in for any you run in the future.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
hambargarz
hambargarz
Goon
hambargarz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:17 pm

Post by hambargarz »

I'd like to play another game too...
Would I be able to "borrow" some of your rules for my own games?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:42 am

Post by Porkens »

Locke, I haven't forgotten about your question, btw. I'll try to remember to talk to SpyreX about it as soon as I can.

Hambargarz, the quick answer is yes. Me and SpyreX need to talk about franchising out the BaM ruleset and just what that would mean for the blacklist. Let me get back to both of you after Spy and I have a heart to heart.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:39 pm

Post by Kise »

I feel betrayed... so betrayed.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”