Newbie 817 (Game over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:16 pm

Post by Elmo »

Day 1, Vote Count #5

hiphop (3) <- Vel-Rahn Koon, crazypianist1116, bouchedufou
startransmission <- iamausername
bouchedufou <- hiphop

Not voting: Starbuck, Maemuki, jeromus, startransmission.

The
deadline
is Friday, 14th August 22:00 UTC, which is 9 days, 11 hours and 43 minutes from this post. If deadline hits, there will be No Lynch.
With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:39 pm

Post by Starbuck »

bouchedufou wrote:I wasn't being vindictive.
This from post 116 says that you are unsure if you are feeling vindictive. You don't state that you are not.
bouchedufou wrote:Or am I just feeling vindictive because now he's voted for me?
bouchedufou wrote:Also, hiphop wasn't my main suspicion at the time- I was more worried about Jeromus because of his fewer posts due to recharging problems.
You seem to continuously be concerned with those who are not posting as much. That's quite a tunnel vision you have going there. While lurking can be a scum tell, lurking should not be the only thing you are focused on.
bouchedufou wrote:2. Answering your question, I think votes should gather info because votes are mainly a way of attracting attention, and should be accompanied with a question or something for once that attention is attracted.
According to you, every single vote should garner information. If someone has a legitimate case on someone, they shouldn't state their case and vote? They must ask questions or regurgitate old information? I'm not saying that hiphop's reasoning is bad or good, but he has stated a reason along with his vote, even if it is semi-OMGUS.
bouchedufou wrote:Stop telling me to re-read, I HAVE re-read. Many times, looking for descrepencies. While you haven't even bothered to look up your claims, and start accusing me of being vindictive and over-reacting.

Maybe I should ask you, Starbuck, why you first tried to convince us that baggy was innocent (and, admittedly, I believed you, since there was something in what you said). Then you accuse me of being a bad player, tell me to re-read while at the same time twist what was actually said. I’m not going to vote for Starbuck yet, because maybe she’s right and hiphop isn’t scum. However, I’ll FoS you, because if hiphop is scum, then you’ve got some explaining to do.
I haven't bothered to look up my claims? I've been rather thorough in all of my posts. This right here is yet another overreaction.

Where did I try to convince that baggy was innocent? I said he could probably be town or he could probably be scum. He obviously didn't care about the game and most of the votes on him were for lurking, including yours. I, along with others before I replaced in, suggested that he be replaced. I never said he was innocent.

I never accused you of being a bad player. I take this an appeal to emotion. I suggested that you should re-read because you were contradicting yourself quite a bit.

So you are FOSing me now, why? I really don't understand your reasoning.

I suggest that if you are going to accuse me of these things that you bring up the posts rather than grasp at straws.
bouchedufou wrote:I am going to go with my feeling right now. Since Startran is no longer voting for hiphop, I’m going to vote: hiphop. A reminder, just in case: nobody else vote for hiphop now. If through your own analysis feel he's mafia, then FoS him. We want the day to go the full time.
So your reasoning for voting hiphop is because startransmission isn't no longer voting him?
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:47 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Mod: Jeromus's last post is on July 30th. We are now well past 72 hours, will he be getting replaced?
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:50 am

Post by crazypianist1116 »

Starbuck wrote:
Mod: Jeromus's last post is on July 30th. We are now well past 72 hours, will he be getting replaced?
Funny you accuse me of not reading, and then ask this question. We already had one example showing that it's 48 hours from the prod not 72 hours from the last post.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:02 am

Post by Starbuck »

crazypianist1116 wrote:
Starbuck wrote:
Funny you accuse me of not reading, and then ask this question. We already had one example showing that it's 48 hours from the prod not 72 hours from the last post.
I went to the front page where I read this
Elmo wrote:Please try to post at least every 72 hours, and please inform me if you will be away for longer. If don't, I will prod you; If you don't respond in-thread within 48 hours, I'll replace you.
It has been well past 72 hours since his LAST POST on Thu Jul 30, 2009, at 6:39 am. 72 hours from that was Sunday at 6:39 am, when he should have been prodded. 48 hours since then which would have been yesterday morning.

There hasn't been an indication from the mod as to whether or not he has made contact with Jeromus.

I did do my homework before I asked the question.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:03 am

Post by Starbuck »

And btw, my time might be different from yours since I do live in Sicily currently.
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:24 am

Elmo on August 04 at 8:04AM wrote:jeromus has been prodded.
The mod should begin looking for a replacement on August 06 at 8:04AM (unless he PM prodded Jeromus earlier). The time zone itself doesn't matter, it just has to be 48 hours from post 120.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:27 am

Post by Starbuck »

Why August 6th? The rule is to reply in the thread. This is assuming the Jeromus has not had PM contact with the mod.
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:06 am

August 6th will be 48 hours from the time he was prodded (assuming the mod did not prod him earlier than when he posted it). That will be the time by which he needs to respond in thread. If he doesn't then Elmo will start looking for a replacement. I think the mix up may be that you didn't realize that the prod didn't come until after the 72 hours passed, not exactly on the 72nd hour. In an ideal world, the prod would have come August 2nd at 6:39 but it didn't come until August 4th at 8:04 AM.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:11 am

Post by Starbuck »

Ok, that's where I am mixed up. I assumed the prod happened Sunday which would mean he should already be replaced.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:55 am

Post by hiphop »

A healthy reminder to the mod is always nice, but we should leave the mod duties to the mod, and play the game. If Jeromus does respond, then he is a lurker, but if he doesn't he will be replaced. His replacer should be given a chance to get acclimated to the game. In the mean the fos should be pointd elsewhere. Jeromus few posts do not say much about him.

For those who are convinced I am guilty and have a vote on me, and are waiting for others to vote me as well, can keep their votes on me, if that is what makes you happy, but look elsewhere as well. This way the game does not bog down.
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

I colored hiphop kind of magenta, because he deserves a color of his own.
~Gila
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:57 am

Post by Starbuck »

The only reason I brought up Jeromus's absence was due to Bouched only targeting lurkers and replacements.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:58 am

Post by Starbuck »

And in addition to that crazy accused me of contradicting myself, which I did not.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:17 am

Post by Elmo »

jeromus has picked up his prod. (Replacement in ~16 hours if he doesn't post here.)

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
jeromus
jeromus
Goon
jeromus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:38 am

Post by jeromus »

Sorry, again, having difficulties with getting on the computer.
DON'T REPLACE ME BRO!
You're just weird. You have so much non-related fluff, pulled a gambit that... well just baffles me. But behind that I don't think you are scum, just individual. - Cliquey to Jeromus In a player description.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:51 am

Post by hiphop »

Your first post
jeromus wrote:Okay - F1rst!
If anyone else feels like posting, then I'd advise them to go right ahead, or I shall get bored D:
I'm gonna do this now -
Vote - iamausername
You seem like you're trying to hide behind your generic username...
What about us being bored since you are not posting?
Your second post says
jeromus wrote: I hate lurkers as much as any, my last game featured...I think it was 4 of them, by the end of it.
What are you doing right now? You are being hypocritical. Right now, bouchedufou has a right to target you, until you can start posting regularly, though he should also try to focus on another person as well.
Starbuck wrote:The only reason I brought up Jeromus's absence was due to Bouched only targeting lurkers and replacements.
@ Starbuck if that was your case than so be it.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:46 pm

Post by Starbuck »

It was part of it.

Currently, what I'm trying to do is get Bouched to make some actual cases rather than what he's doing now. He's more or less tunneling on the replacements/lurkers, and has been contradicting himself all over.

I've been going through and pointing out his contradictions in hope that he will answer my questions, and maybe take some time and not take things personally as this is just a game.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:52 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In addition to the above, I understand that he is new and I'm trying to help him learn, and see why some of his logic may be faulty.
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:12 am

My feelings towards others as of now:
Bouchedufou - I agree with post 123 except for the FoS on Starbuck. It just seemed a bit unwarranted.

Hiphop - Your reason for voting Bouchedufou is rather weak. He never really targeted you, he just thought your vote was suspicious. I had the same suspicions, voting without any real reason. Do you have anything to say about his response in post 123? Also could you explain what you meant by:
hiphop wrote:In my past experiences usually a vote from the scummiest player, does not get the votey worked up. Yet you seem to take it to heart. I believe you did the same thing when you were called on wheather you knew starbuck was a girl.
It is just one vote.
Are you calling yourself the scummiest player or are you calling Bouchedufou the scummiest player?

Iamausername - What do you think of the 3 votes on hiphop? Do you think he's worthy of them?

Jeromus - Insight into what you think has happened in the past 3 pages please.

Maemuki - What do you think of the votes on hiphop?

Starbuck/startransmission I don't have any questions of you.

And finally, Vel-Rahn Koon:
Your posts haven't really offered much insight into the game itself, you have been mainly asking questions rather than commenting on other people's play. Does your vote for hiphop hold or is that a vote for BagSquad? If you intend to keep your vote on hiphop, why so? Do you think that Bouchedufou's vote on hiphop is a good vote? How about mine? What do you think of other people's play?

Mod: 72 hours since Maemuki startransmission and iamausername's last posts?
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:06 am

Post by hiphop »

First of all, why is everybody becoming inactive? Is it because they are not interested in the game?

Directed at my first two votes, I was trying to find a way that I could play this type of game that doesn’t have any cc’s. What is the best strategy? Is it better to draw attention to myself, so that people know what kind of personality I have, or to hide in the shadows, and not have anybody know what I am thinking? That kind of thing. This is a beginner’s game, and I want to learn the best way to fit me, before I attempt those larger games.

As for clarification on my vote for bouchedufou, he targeted me after one post, before that bagsquad made three posts, these three posts only showed he couldn’t handle pressure. bouchedufou is the person I am most suspicious of. Once everybody targeted bagsquad, it seemed to me as if he sat on the fence, throwing comments at bagsquad, but never committing to vote for him. I will vote for the person who I believe has a good chance of being scum, especially if there are no other votes on him.

After I voted for him he did an omgus vote on me, not the other way around.

As for the quote, scummiest player in the game, referring to the person who most people are suspicious of. Yes, I am referring to myself. I never said I was scum.

Hopefully your post crazypianist1116 will have people posting on what they think.
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:02 am

Post by Maemuki »

First, no, hiphop. I was inactive beacuse there was nothing to say. (I can't speak for other people.)

pianist, hiphop doesn't seem like the scummiest player right now.
I think that his votes have no justification right now. I say we wait a bit more, but if we wait too much, deadline comes...

I'll wait and see.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:20 am

Post by hiphop »

@Maemuki I should put that as one of my choices. Who do you think is the scummiest player now? As bouched(can I call you this or would you prefer your whole name) said at least point your FOS. Or is there a downside to doing that?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:49 am

Post by Starbuck »

Maemuki, you really haven't added much of anything with substance. An analysis of your posts in iso:

-Random vote on Crazypianist

-Intro of yourself, nothing game related

-Unvote your RVS. You think startransmission is suspicious because he's fiery, but he doesn't look scummy yet. But you are on the same page with the rest of us about BagSquad.

-No defined opinion of Bouched, seems a bit suspicious, but not a major problem. Annoyed with Bag. Apologies for not writing a lot because you are confused.

-No substance. Hopes Bag doesn't forget about the game.

-Nothing's going on. Doesn't want to get prodded and "so I just post stuff about Baggy because that's all the clues we have right now".

-Says I have a point that Baggy doesn't even have a playstyle.

-Tells hiphop that we do know there are two mafia, and that we were waiting for a response from Baggy because he was the main suspicion. Assumes that the rest of the village doesn't have another suspicion because she doesn't have one. But thinks when Baggy was being pressured his partner in crime could have showed up.

-More non substance, but doesn't understand the last 2 previous sentences written by hiphop.

-Makes an excuse about being inactive because she has nothing to say. Doesn't think hiphop is the scummiest player, and thinks his vote has no justification. Wants to wait more.

You've been doing quite a lot of waiting and active lurking. There's been quite a bit of dialogue. Care to way in on any of it?
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:33 am

Post by Elmo »

startransmission and iamausername have been prodded.

Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:02 pm

Post by Starbuck »

*EDBWOP - "Care to way in on any of it?" should be "Care to weigh in on any of it?"

I fail at Engrish.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”