forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

MtG: Parallel Universe Mafia (fl's subgame): Game Over

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:29 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

MtG: Parallel Universe Mafia

Kamigawa Subgame

Even after the kami war, all is not well in Kamigawa...well, is it ever if there are stories to be told? The resulting planar havoc has thinned and rended the blind eternities...

Can these select few help restore balance to the plane...or will those that would take advantage of realities weakening grasp prevail?

Primary Moderator:
forbiddanlight
Secondary Moderators:
Lord Gurgi, Tarhalindur, MafiaSSK

Subgame Stage:
Confirmation Stage

On the Battlefield
In Play:

In the Graveyard:

34) Flava Flave, Myojin of Night's Reach, Hitman, lynched D1

28)populartajo, Autumn-Tail, Kitsune Sage, vanilla townie, has been destroyed N1

36) jammer, Toshiro Umezawa, Awesome Serial Killer, has been lynched D2

12) Kairyuu, Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir, Townie Cop, has been destroyed N2

5) Budja, Venser, Shaper Savant, Neutral Planeswalker Survivor, has been lynched D3

35) SocioPath, Kiku, Night's Flower, has been lynched D4

Exiled:

30) Debonair Danny DePietro, Azusa, Lost but Seeking, Star-Crossed Lover, Fulfilled His Win Condition and Left the Game, N1

29) Yosarian2, That Which Was Taken, Neutral Survivor, has been modkilled and autolossed for a violation of rule 1.

32) Quagmire, Kami of the Crescent Moon, Cult Leader, Fulfilled His Win Condition and Left the Game D4

9) Sajin, Rhada, Heir to Keld, Sparked Cultist, Fulfilled His Win Condition and Left the Game, D4

25) SpyreX, Marrow Gnawer, Vanilla Townie, was endgamed and lost by cult D4

33) Porkens, Ink Eyes, Servant of Oni, Townie Limited Doctor, was endgamed and lost by cult D4
Last edited by forbiddanlight on Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:28 pm, edited 18 times in total.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:33 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Rules:(Stolen outright from Tarhalindur)

<0> I am the Mod thy Goddess. If a dispute arises, my decision is final. That said, I am not infallible - if I make a mistake or you have a question, please inform me of the problem (preferably via PM or bold text) and I will correct it.
<1> This is a game. I hope that you have fun. In return, I ask that you not have your fun at the expense of the other players in this game (in other words, don't be a jackass). Repeated or extreme violations of this rule will result in replacement or modkill.
<1a> Attempting to use loopholes in the rules to gain an advantage in the game is considered jackassery, and will be treated as such. This applies to things like encrypted codes, invisible text, editing and deleting posts, trying to use the structure of the role PM to gain an advantage, etc. Please, use your common sense!
<2> If there is a conflict between a role and the rules, the role wins.
<3> Claiming that another player is your scumbuddy will result in a modkill.
<4> Quoting private communications (role PM, mason conversations, etc.) or pretending to do the same will result in a modkill. Paraphrasing, however, is not only acceptable but encouraged unless I explicitly say otherwise.
<5> You may not talk with other people about this game outside of the thread (but see Rule 2).
<6> This game will have a vote count but no FoS count. Each player will begin with 1 vote (but see Rule 2).
<6a> In a Normal game, the FoS count will have no effect on the game other than breaking voting ties at deadline. Theme games make no such guarantee. (Especially not this one!)

<7> To help the game run smoothly, votes and FoS'es should be made in bold text, and use the format Vote: XXXX and FoS: XXXX, respectively. An unvote and/or unFoS is required to remove a vote or FoS; to unvote or unFoS, please use the format Unvote: XXXX or UnFoS: XXXX.
<8> If a player or No Lynch has a majority of votes, that player is lynched and cannot be unvoted. You may talk during twilight unless I state otherwise.
<9> Each game day will begin with a negotiable deadline of 2 weeks in place. At the end of each week, if I find the activity level in the game acceptable and the week does not end with the deadline, then I will extend the deadline by one week, to a maximum of twice the original deadline (a maximum of 4 weeks); the maximum deadlines are not retractable.
<10> If no one has reached majority by deadline, the person with the most votes will be lynched. If there is a tie, each player in the tie will send me a haiku. Whichever one is more amusing will be spared the rope.
<11> You may vote to No Lynch any number of times during the game. When at least 50% of voting players are voting No Lynch, No Lynch will occur. (To vote No Lynch, please use the format Vote: No Lynch. FoS'es for No Lynch will not be counted.)
<12> Don't drink and post, lest ye receive Public Humilitation. (This rule is an injoke and doesn't actually do anything.)
<13> This is an Open Night setup. As usual, lynching occurs during the day, actions are submitted at night and resolve at end of night (unless indicated otherwise). However, players are PERMITTED to talk in the thread during "night".
<14> When you die, stop posting. You may make a single "Bah!"/"Frak you!"/etc. post in the thread. You may not include game content in this post. In addition, once you are dead, please do not discuss the game with anyone other than the Mod until the game is over, as this makes the mod's life easier.
<15> All players need to post at least once every 72 hours, or inform me if this is not possible. If you do not post for 72 hours, you will be prodded. If you are prodded, then you will need to post something (a simple "/prodded" will suffice if you're short on time) within 72 hours or you will be replaced. You will receive an Official Warning the second time you fail to post for more than 72 hours. The third time you fail to post for 72 hours, you will be replaced.
<15a> If you have limited access, you need to post to this effect, either in V/LA or in the thread. If I prod you despite you declaring V/LA status, call me on it and I will be duly embarrassed.
<15b> If you post before I get around to handing out the prod, you avoid the prod.
<16> Players may only use one special ability per day (but see Rule 2). Passive abilities and factional abilities are not counted as special abilities for purposes of this rule.
<17> This game will start on Day 1 after all players have confirmed (by the method specified in their role PM).
<18> Any player who is modkilled automatically loses the game. I will modkill in the fashion that I deem most damaging to the modkilled player's faction.
<19> I reserve the right to add rules if necessary (or if I really, really want to).
<20> Okay, that's enough formal-sounding stuff. Good luck, have fun!

Game-Specific Rules:

<21> The larger MtG: Parallel Universe game consists of three subgames. A player with the factional win condition ("you win when all other factions have left the game, or nothing can prevent the same") wins when all other factions in his or her subgame have left that subgame, or nothing can prevent the same; when this occurs, all members of other factions that were in that subgame (whether dead, alive, or otherwise) at the time of that faction winning lose the game. A faction winning in one subgame does NOT cause members of any faction in other subgames to win or lose the game unless explicitly told otherwise.
<22> Whenever a player wins or loses the game, that player will be removed from the game.
<23> Players may only target other players in the same subgame with abilities (but see Rule 2; abilities that can or must target players in a different subgame will use the formatting "in {any/another} game you can see from your seat").
<23a> If a faction has factional abilities (i.e, Mafia kill) that does not use the aforementioned formatting, that faction may use that ability to target a player in any subgame which contains a member of that faction.
<24> Effects that last "until end of turn" expire at the beginning of the day after they are used. Abilities that cause a permanent change will remind the player that "this effect lasts indefinitely".
<25> Abilities can be played only any time you could cast a sorcery; that is to say, they may be used only at night and resolve at end of night (but see Rule 2; abilities that can be played at any time will use the formatting "you may play this ability any time you could play an instant").
<26> An ability has its effect instantaneously upon resolution, regardless of which subgame it effects (i.e, if a normal ability in one game causes two players to swap subgames, that ability will take effect at the end of the night in the subgame in which it is used, even if the other game is in the middle of day).
<27> In order to keep this game relatively in synch with (pre-M10) Magic: the Gathering wording, some abilities are being referred to by the closest equivalent M:tG keyword action. Killing abilities will use the format "Destroy XXXX"; kills that remove a player from the game will use the formating "Exile XXXX", but other abilities that involve removing a player from the game will use the older formatting "remove XXXX from the game". Protective abilities will use the format "Regenerate XXXX" or the replacement effect formatting "If XXXX would happen, instead YYYY"; abilities that bypass normal doctor protection will use the formatting "It can't be regenerated", but this does not prevent that ability from being stopped by a replacement effect
Last edited by forbiddanlight on Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:36 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

It is now comfirmation stage. I'll come up with a mod color after I finish sending out role PMs and such. Confirming in thread is not just a good idea, but it's
the law
mandatory

See Tar's thread for sample townie PM. Also, red is my color. Don't use it.
Last edited by forbiddanlight on Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #16 (isolation #3) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:30 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I think that's all 12 of you, so I'll go posting flavor and a vote count and start D1
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #17 (isolation #4) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:49 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

"The Reito Massacre was a testament to the kami's unstoppable power. The human defenders might as well have been moths battling a forest fire." - flavor text, Rend Flesh"

This is a test of your emergency mod note system. Had there been a real mod note, someone would be in trouble. Probably.

The Zeroth Vote Count (aka the "Destroy Target Non-Spirit Creature" Vote Count)

25) SpyreX (0)
26) Papa Zito (0)
27) Zazie (0)
28) populartajo (0)
29) Yosarian2 (0)
30) Debonair Danny DiPietro (0)
31) Mufasa (0)
32) Quagmire (0)
33) Porkens (0)
34) Flava Flave (0)
35) SocioPath (0)
36) jammer (0)

Not Voting (12): SpyreX, Papa Zito, Zazie, populartajo, Yosarian2, Debonair Danny DiPietro, Mufasa, Quagmire, Porkens, Flava Flave, SocioPath, jammer

Votes required to lynch:

Current Deadline:
August 21, 2009 at ~1:00 P.M. EDT (GMT -5)
First Mod Deadline Review:
August 14, 2009 at ~1:00 P.M. (GMT -5)

Begin Game!
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #110 (isolation #5) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:35 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

"When a strong mind moves, form and energy shift to heed it." - flavor text, Freed From the Real"

Sorry about the space between votecounts. I'll try to do one a day at least from now on.

Also, SpyreX, there's a note in post 99 for you.

The First Vote Count (aka the "U:Tap Enchanted Creature" Vote Count)

25) SpyreX (1): Flava Flave
26) Papa Zito (1): SpyreX
27) Zazie (1): populartajo
28) populartajo (0)
29) Yosarian2 (0)
30) Debonair Danny DiPietro (1): Papa Zito
31) Mufasa (0)
32) Quagmire (0)
33) Porkens (1): SocioPath
34) Flava Flave (2): Zazie, Porkens
35) SocioPath (0)
36) jammer (0)

Not Voting (5): Yosarian2, Debonair Danny DiPietro, Mufasa, Quagmire, jammer

Votes required to lynch:

Current Deadline:
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #166 (isolation #6) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:20 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

"The clouds obey my whims, and you'll obey theirs." - flavor text, Soratami Mirror-Mage

Hey, Zazie and jammer have been prodded. No one else needs a prod, though we have a couple getting close to the danger zone of it.

The Second Vote Count (aka the "(3):Return three lands you control..." Vote Count)

25) SpyreX (1): Yosarian2
26) Papa Zito (0)
27) Zazie (1): populartajo
28) populartajo (0)
29) Yosarian2 (0)
30) Debonair Danny DiPietro (0)
31) Mufasa (0)
32) Quagmire (0)
33) Porkens (1): SocioPath
34) Flava Flave (2): Zazie, Porkens
35) SocioPath (2): SpyreX, Papa Zito
36) jammer (0)
??) Vino (1): Mufasa

Not Voting (4): Debonair Danny DiPietro, Quagmire, jammer, Flava Flave

Votes required to lynch:

Current Deadline:
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #240 (isolation #7) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:06 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Mod Note: Now infusing flavor.

Mod Scene 1

Everyone continues their arguing, as another rift opens into Kamigawa. Everyone looks on it with apprehension, fearing another kami attack...but one of you stares at it, and suddenly runs to the thing. Before you can stop him...or as it were her, Debonair Danny DePietro, known better as Azusa, Lost but Seeking leaps through the portal.

All we know is she had a grin on her face as she disappeared.

But it wasn't over, before the portal closed, Papa Zito was quickly pulled towards it. He fades quickly.

A new voice calls out as the portal snaps shut. Budja walks over to the group and introduces himself. No one knows where he came from...but perhaps he will be a valuable asset to fixing the planes?

So, yeah, this is stuff that happened:

3) Benmage, Baru, Fist of Krosa, Star-Crossed Lover, Fulfilled His Win Condition and Left the Game, N1
30) Debonair Danny DePietro, Azusa, Lost but Seeking, Star-Crossed Lover, Fulfilled His Win Condition and Left the Game, N1

5) Budja is now in forbiddanlight's subgame (Kamigawa)
26) Papa Zito is now in Tarhalindur's subgame (Time Spiral).

So, DDD, you are out and won. Good job ^-^. Budja, welcome to the Kamigawa subgame. Papa Zito, go have fun in Tar's game. Nothing else has resolved at this time.
Last edited by forbiddanlight on Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #242 (isolation #8) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:22 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

"I do not miss Jukai Forest. It is not my home. My home is Kamigawa, its people my family. Wherever I set my pack and rest my head, I am home." - flavor text, Azusa, Lost but Seeking

Oh yeah, and vote count is reset. Forgot about that aspect.

The Third Vote Count (aka the "You may play two additional lands on each of your turns." Vote Count)

5) Budja (0)
25) SpyreX (0)
27) Zazie (0)
28) populartajo (0)
29) Yosarian2 (0)
31) Mufasa (0)
32) Quagmire (0)
33) Porkens (0)
34) Flava Flave (0)
35) SocioPath (0)
36) jammer (0)

Not Voting (11): Quagmire, jammer, Flava Flave, Yosarian2, populartajo, SocioPath, Zazie, Porkens, SpyreX, Mufasa, Budja

Votes required to lynch:

Current Deadline:
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #284 (isolation #9) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:40 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

"(Exile all spells and abilities on the stack, including this card. The player whose turn it is discards down to his or her maximum hand size. Damage wears off, and "this turn" and "until end of turn" effects end.)" - Reminder text, Time Stop

Secret messages from the mod may appear in your post if you ask me a question. They are in RED.

Now updated to this post!

The Fourth Vote Count (aka the "End the turn." Vote Count)

5) Budja (0)
25) SpyreX (1): SocioPath
27) Zazie (0)
28) populartajo (0)
29) Yosarian2 (1): Flava Flave
31) Mufasa (0)
32) Quagmire (0)
33) Porkens (0)
34) Flava Flave (0)
35) SocioPath (5): SpyreX, Porkens, Quagmire, Mufasa, Yosarian2,
36) jammer (0)

Not Voting (4): jammer, populartajo, Zazie, Budja

Votes required to lynch:
Sociopath is at L-1

Current Deadline:
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #294 (isolation #10) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:51 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

So...yeah...you all should probably stop trying to break Rule 1. Whether it says Kamigawa townie or townie really doesn't matter. And it skirts rules. This is a warning at the least and I'm reviewing a few posts to determine if modkilling is necessary. Thread will be locked at this time
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #295 (isolation #11) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:15 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Mod Scene

Another portal appears as Yosarian and a couple others start babbling about Role PMs and townieness, stuff that just doesn't make sense in this plane. Suddenly, That Which Was Taken is returned to the kami, and as Yosarian was that, he fades through the portal.

Sufficiently stunned, it takes you a few minutes to process what happened, but slowly you return to your discourse

Yosarian2, That Which Was Taken, Neutral Survivor, has been modkilled and autolossed for a violation of rule 1.

Yos2 is not blacklisted and day continues. Vote count will be reset though.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #296 (isolation #12) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:21 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

"Sometimes you have to search for inspiration, and sometimes it's right there in front of you." - Flavor text, Twincast

SpyreX and SocioPath were warned for violations of Rule 1.

The Fifth Vote Count (aka the "Copy target instant or sorcery spell. You may choose new targets for the copy." Vote Count)

5) Budja (0)
25) SpyreX (0)
27) Zazie (0)
28) populartajo (0)
31) Mufasa (0)
32) Quagmire (0)
33) Porkens (0)
34) Flava Flave (0)
35) SocioPath (0)
36) jammer (0)

Not Voting (10): jammer, populartajo, Zazie, Budja, Flava Flave, SpyreX, Porkens, Quagmire, Mufasa, SocioPath

Votes required to lynch:

Current Deadline:
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #301 (isolation #13) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:00 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

SpyreX, I wouldn't be so non chalant. You didn't get blue lightning this time, but you ARE on thin ice. I would shy away from even touching role PM related information if I were you.

SocioPath, you also are on thin ice
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #312 (isolation #14) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:50 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

"The clashing warriors turned to face O-Kagachi, the greatest kami, and their sigh of awe was their last breath." - Flavor text, Final Judgement

Regarding Deadline review:
I have altered the deal. Pray that I don't alter it again.
I mean, you all pass review...barely.

The Sixth Vote Count (aka the "Exile all creatures." Vote Count)

5) Budja (0)
25) SpyreX (0)
27) Zazie (0)
28) populartajo (0)
31) Mufasa (0)
32) Quagmire (2): SocioPath, Mufasa
33) Porkens (0)
34) Flava Flave (2): Porkens, SpyreX
35) SocioPath (0)
36) jammer (0)

Not Voting (6): jammer, populartajo, Zazie, Budja, Flava Flave, Quagmire,
Votes required to lynch:

Current Deadline:
August 28, 2009 at ~1:00 P.M. EDT (GMT -5)
Second Mod Deadline Review:
August 21, 2009 at ~1:00 P.M. (GMT -5)
Last edited by forbiddanlight on Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #326 (isolation #15) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:03 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Good question. Maybe I'll post a votecount today
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #335 (isolation #16) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:03 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Zazie has been prodded. Quagmire has three hours until he too is prodded.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #341 (isolation #17) » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:31 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

"The battle at Ganzan Pass was a testament to human endurance. The untrained and frightened group escaped three legions of kami, leaving more than their share of slain foes in their wake." - Flavor text, Rend Spirit

You all are SO totally going to fail the next deadline review if this keeps up. Also, Zazie, post. Or did you just disappear? I haven't seen you posting really much at all and I may have missed some V/LA?

The Seventh Vote Count (aka the "Destroy target Spirit." Vote Count)

5) Budja (1): Flava Flave
25) SpyreX (0)
27) Zazie (1): Porkens
28) populartajo (0)
31) Mufasa (2): Budja, SocioPath
32) Quagmire (0)
33) Porkens (0)
34) Flava Flave (2): SpyreX, Mufasa
35) SocioPath (1): jammer
36) jammer (0)

Not Voting (3): populartajo, Zazie, Quagmire
Votes required to lynch:

Current Deadline:
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #374 (isolation #18) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:19 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

"Whenever an opponent casts a spell for the first time in a turn, counter that spell." - Rules Text, Erayo, Soratami Ascendant

So, yeah, Zazie is totally getting replaced.

The Seventh Vote Count (aka the "End of Day 1" Vote Count)

5) Budja (1): Flava Flave
25) SpyreX (0)
27) Zazie (0)
28) populartajo (0)
31) Mufasa (1): SocioPath
32) Quagmire (0)
33) Porkens (0)
34) Flava Flave (6): SpyreX, Mufasa, populartajo, jammer, Budja, Porkens
35) SocioPath (0)
36) jammer (0)

Not Voting (2): Zazie, Quagmire,
Votes required to lynch:
Lynch count has been reached

Current Deadline:
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #375 (isolation #19) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:24 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

As the sun started to set on this war ravaged plane, the group, or whatever remained of it finally came to a consensus on who must go. Slowly but surely they all pointed their fingers at Flava Flave, who protested greatly as they finally got to stringing him up.

As he died, his true form was revealed as...

Flava Flave, Myojin of Night's Reach, Hitman
, lynched D1[/i]

It is now Night 1. You have 72 hours to send in normal actions. You may talk in the thread for the duration of the night. Roles that may talk outside the thread at night only may now begin talking.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #390 (isolation #20) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:19 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Ok, one, Mufasa gets an
Official Warning
for posting in other game threads he's not in. Keep it up and you'll either be modkilled or force replaced. Secondly, I'll update the game thread this afternoon after I get back from church. And...that should cover everything
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #394 (isolation #21) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:38 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Dawn dawns on the Kamigawan plane, and you all reconvene for another lengthy discussion about how to deal with the weakening fabric of reality.

However, something is wrong as it appears one of your own is missing...

populartajo fails to show up. So you all go hunting for him...

And stumble upon his body, destroyed to the point of being barely recognizable. With this somber event you know that it's time to get serious.

A brief examination of him shows he had no desire to hurt anyone and wanted to help solve the planar crisis

populartajo, Autumn-Tail, Kitsune Sage, vanilla townie, has been destroyed N1

Day 2 begins, votecount to follow.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #395 (isolation #22) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:44 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

"Some kami attacks during the war were rife with trickery, subterfuge, and subtlety, draining hope and pride from the mortal world. Other attacks were a lot more straightforward." - Flavor text, Lava Spike

Daytime yay!

The Seventh Vote Count (aka the "Start of Day 2" Vote Count)

5) Budja (0)
25) SpyreX (0)
27) Zazie (0)
31) Mufasa (0)
32) Quagmire (0)
33) Porkens (0)
35) SocioPath (0)
36) jammer (0)

Not Voting (8): Zazie, Quagmire, Budja, SpyreX, Mufasa, Porkens, SocioPath, jammer
Votes required to lynch:

Current Deadline:
September 6, 2009 at ~1:00 P.M. EDT (GMT -5)
August 30, 2009 at ~1:00 P.M. (GMT -5)
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #431 (isolation #23) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:10 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

You all want a votecount, don't you?
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #432 (isolation #24) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:16 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

"Lies and deceit do yield results, but legitimate authority is the ultimate form of control." - Flavor text, [http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/ ... seid=79084]Aura of Dominion[/url]

Sorry bout teh laziness.

The Eighth Vote Count (aka the "Tap an untapped creature you control: Untap enchanted creature." Vote Count)

5) Budja (0)
25) SpyreX (0)
27) Zazie (4): Porkens, SpyreX, jammer, Mufasa
31) Mufasa (1): SocioPath
32) Quagmire (0)
33) Porkens (0)
35) SocioPath (1): Quagmire
36) jammer (0)

Not Voting (2): Zazie, Budja,
Votes required to lynch:
Zazie is at L-1

Current Deadline:
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #445 (isolation #25) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:17 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

"In an age of war, time is measured not by sand but by blood." - Flavor text, [http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/ ... seid=84709]Blood Clock[/url]

So yeah, Votecount reset. Better get posting new guys.

The Ninth Vote Count (aka the "At the beginning of each player's upkeep..." Vote Count)

5) Budja (0)
25) SpyreX (0)
12) Kairyuu (0)
9) Sajin (0)
32) Quagmire (0)
33) Porkens (0)
35) SocioPath (0)
36) jammer (0)

Not Voting (8): Budja, SpyreX, Kairyuu, Sajin, Quagmire, Porkens, SocioPath, jammer
Votes required to lynch:

Current Deadline:
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #474 (isolation #26) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:46 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

You all want a VOTECOUNT, don't you?
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #475 (isolation #27) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:52 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

"Paint gold upon the wind,
Shape the wind into a shield,
And vanish behind the brightness." - Flavor text, Curtain of Light

Regarding deadline review. FAIL! Forever! Ok, actually, just this time. Deadline is the 6th.

The Tenth Vote Count (aka the "Target attacking unblocked creature becomes blocked." Vote Count)

5) Budja (0)
25) SpyreX (0)
12) Kairyuu (0)
9) Sajin (0)
32) Quagmire (4): Porkens, SocioPath, SpyreX, jammer
33) Porkens (0)
35) SocioPath (0)
36) jammer (0)

Not Voting (8): Budja, Kairyuu, Sajin, Quagmire
Votes required to lynch:
Quagmire is at L-1

Current Deadline:
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #497 (isolation #28) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:26 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

jammer at L-1. Will do a proper votecount later
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #501 (isolation #29) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:39 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

That's a hammer, but I'm a bit busy...um...I'll give you a scene and VC in about an hour, k?
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #507 (isolation #30) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:26 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

"The apprentice stared in puzzlement. 'But Master, you finished writing those spells just yesterday. Don't you remember?' The jushi's heart froze." - Flavor text, Ideas Unbound

Can't say I expected that one.

The Eleventh Vote Count (aka the "End of Day 2" Vote Count)

5) Budja (0)
25) SpyreX (0)
12) Kairyuu (0)
9) Sajin (0)
32) Quagmire (0)
33) Porkens (0)
35) SocioPath (1): jammer
36) jammer (5): Quagmire, Porkens, Kairyuu, SocioPath, SpyreX

Not Voting (2): Budja, Sajin
Votes required to lynch:
jammer has been lynched

Current Deadline:
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #508 (isolation #31) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:36 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

People come, people go. A few visitors, a few goodbyes. Speculation abounded about just who could want the planes to collapse and who would want people to leave. In the end though, they decided that Quagmire needed to die...but then he makes a revelation! "I have scryed deeply into the blind eternities, and have been told jammer is against us!" At this reveal, the crowd suddenly turns on jammer, and despite his protests, rather quickly string him up to his demise.

They then look deeply into his being...and find out they were right to lynch him...for he was everyone's favorite antihero turned villian, Toshiro Umezawa. Out for himself as always, another kami may have offered him boundless power for collusions against the planes.

jammer, Toshiro Umezawa, Awesome Serial Killer, lynched Day 2
[/i]

It is now Night 2. You have 72 hours to send in normal actions. You may talk in the thread for the duration of the night. Roles that may talk outside the thread at night only may now begin talking.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #566 (isolation #32) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:48 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Yeah yeah, day begins soon. Probably should hold off on it til Tar sorts out his thing
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #576 (isolation #33) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:26 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

I'd love if Tar would get on and talk to us in the secret moderator super thread, but, yanno, he hasn't. So, since he suspended his deadline and I know what the issue is, I think it meet to suspend this game in night until he makes a decision. However, to hasten night, I advise you spam his PM box telling him to get in the thread
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #579 (isolation #34) » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:07 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

If I'm not playing D&D tonight I'll make it day. I thought my fellow mods would be far more timely on this issue, and honestly, I can probably manage a phase change without too many game state worries
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #590 (isolation #35) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:52 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Hai hai, I'm around, just doing internets stuff for a bit. I'll update soon
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #591 (isolation #36) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:44 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

No flavor this time.

Someone died. It was

Kairyuu, Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir, Townie Cop has been destroyed N2

Gonna post a vote count then day starts
Last edited by forbiddanlight on Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #592 (isolation #37) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:46 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

"(As you cast an Arcane spell, you may reveal this card from your hand and pay its splice cost. If you do, add this card's effects to that spell.)." - Reminder text, Wear Away

Sorry about the long night. We're back now!

The Twelfth Vote Count (aka the "Start of D3" Vote Count)

5) Budja (0)
25) SpyreX (0)
9) Sajin (0)
32) Quagmire (0)
33) Porkens (0)
35) SocioPath (0)

Not Voting (6): Budja, Sajin, Quagmire, Porkens, SocioPath, SpyreX

Votes required to lynch:

September 16, 2009 at ~9:00 P.M. EDT (GMT -5)
Current Deadline:
September 23, 2009 at ~9:00 P.M. EDT (GMT -5)
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #726 (isolation #38) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:39 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

"The glow from within looks inviting, but woe awaits whomever finds out who stokes the fire or what simmers in the pot." - Flavor text, Shinka, the Bloodsoaked Keep

That was fast.

The Thirteenth Vote Count (aka the "End of Day 3" Vote Count)

5) Budja (4): Porkens, SpyreX, SocioPath, Sajin
25) SpyreX (1): Budja
9) Sajin (0)
32) Quagmire (0)
33) Porkens (0)
35) SocioPath (0)

Not Voting (1): Quagmire

Votes required to lynch:
Budja has reached lynch count
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #728 (isolation #39) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:41 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

If I feel like doing flavor later, I'll do it.

But yeah, basically we have Budja dead.

He was
Venser, Shaper Savant, Neutral Planeswalker Survivor

72 hours for night actions. For real this time.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #751 (isolation #40) » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:33 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Close enough

Dawn broke once again on this cataclysmally torn plane. so few of you remained as you tried to tear through the threats to the integrity of these Blind Eternities...

The death and destruction had become so commonplace that you all wake up surprised to see that everyone who went to sleep last night woke up again seemingly unmolested.

However, with 5 of you left you hope you can ferret out the threats to this plane soon...

NO ONE DIED LAST NIGHT! VOTECOUNT FORTHCOMING

-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #752 (isolation #41) » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:35 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

"What part of ‘hayaku ikee' did you not understand?" - Flavor text, Akki Drillmaster

It's probably pathetically bad I've done 14 votecounts in 31 pages...

The Fourteenth Vote Count (aka the "Start of Day 4" Vote Count)

25) SpyreX (0)
9) Sajin (0)
32) Quagmire (0)
33) Porkens (0)
35) SocioPath (0)

Not Voting (5): Quagmire, Porkens, SpyreX, SocioPath, Sajin

Votes required to lynch:

September 21, 2009 at ~4:00 P.M. EDT (GMT -5)
Current Deadline:
September 28, 2009 at ~4:00 P.M. EDT (GMT -5)
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #766 (isolation #42) » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:03 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Well...that was a short day. Votecounts and the like
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #770 (isolation #43) » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:07 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

"He's a lot like me, that masterless little kami . . . unimpressed by grandeur and never at a loss for a trick." - Flavor text, Kami of the Crescent Moon

I got sidetracked

The Fifteenth Vote Count (aka the "Yeeeeeeaaaaah...that's endgame" Vote Count)

25) SpyreX (0)
9) Sajin (0)
32) Quagmire (1): SocioPath
33) Porkens (0)
35) SocioPath (3): SpyreX, Quagmire, Porkens

Not Voting (1): Sajin

Votes required to lynch:
Sociopath has reached lynch count
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #771 (isolation #44) » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:13 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

I once again find myself too lazy to flavor things up.

so, with that,
Sociopath, Kiku Night's Flower, Vanilla Townie has been lynched D4

And, with that,
Quagmire, Kami of the Cresent Moon, Cult Leader
and his recently acquired loyal servant,
Sajin, Rhada, Heir to Keld, Sparked Cultist
win this subgame

I'll post role PMs and the like shortly.
Last edited by forbiddanlight on Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #772 (isolation #45) » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:14 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Actually, I don't think I'm supposed to post Role PMs yet. This topic just kinda dies til the other games are won as far as I can tell. It makes the most sense.

So, for the time being, lock. Everyone is removed from the game
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #773 (isolation #46) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:28 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Cult wins, of course. I'll post roles later
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #775 (isolation #47) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:04 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

These should be the role PMs

Welcome to MtG: Parallel Universe Mafia,
jammer
. You are:
Toshiro Umezawa

Legendary Creature - Kamigawa Awesome Serial Killer, Mythic Rare, 1BB

"{T}: Destroy target player.
{T}: You gain all abilities of target player in any game you can see from your seat. (Only other MTG: Parallel Universe games are visible from your seat.)"

2/2
Toshiro Umezawa

Enchantment - Win Condition, B, Rare
Win Condition
— When all other factions besides yourself have left you subgame, you win. This does not end the other two subgames.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Quagmire
. You are:
Kami of the Crescent Moon

Legendary Creature - Kamigawa Cult Leader, Mythic Rare, UU

"{T}:If target player is Town-aligned, that player becomes Cult aligned instead of any previous alignment and gains the Cult factional abilities."

"He's a lot like me, that masterless little kami . . . unimpressed by grandeur and never at a loss for a trick."
—Toshiro Umezawa

2/2
Artifact - Factional Abilites, W, Rare
You may talk outside the thread to other Cult-aligned players at any time, regardless of which subgame they are in.
(The Cult currently consists of XXXX. You will be informed when a new member joins the Cult.)
Cult

Enchantment - Win Condition, W, Rare
Win Condition
— When a majority of players in any MtG: Parallel Universe subgame are Cult-aligned, or nothing can prevent the same, then all non-Cult-aligned players in that subgame lose the game and remove themselves from the game and all Cult-aligned players in all subgames in all subgames win the game and remove themselves from the game. This does not cause players in other subgames to lose the game.
Yosarian2
. You are:
That Which Was Taken

Legendary Artifact - Kamigawa Neutral Body Swapper Survivor, Mythic Rare, 5

"{T}: Target a player in another game you can see from your seat. You swap games with that player. (Only other MTG: Parallel Universe games are visible from your seat.)
[/i]"

"This god held prisoner in human hands has put all humanity in the hands of angry gods."
—Masako the Humorless
Survivor

Enchantment - Win Condition, U, Rare
Win Condition
— You win if you are alive at the end of all three MTG: Parallel Universe games.

Flava Flave
. You are:
Myojin of Night's Reach

Legendary Creature - Hitman, 5BBB, Mythic Rare

T: Remove Myojin of Night’s Reach from the game, then return it to play in another target game you can see from your seat.
(Only other MTG: Parallel Universe subgames are visible from your seat.)

Hitman
Enchantment - Win Condition, {U/B}{B/R}, Rare
You are not a member of a faction.
(You do not count towards any factional win condition and do not lose the game when a faction fulfills its win condition.)

Win Condition
— You win when any two of the following players are killed in any game you can see from your seat: Nicol Bolas, Kami of the Crescent Moon, and Crovax the Cursed
Debonair Danny DiPietro
. You are:
Asuza, Lost but Seeking

Legendary Creature - Star Crossed Lover, 2G, Mythic Rare

Star-Crossed Lover

Enchantment - Win Condition, 1, Rare
(Star-Crossed Lover is colorless.)

You are not a member of a faction.
(You do not count towards any factional win condition and do not lose the game when a faction fulfills its win condition.)

Win Condition
— When you are in the same universe as your lover, you win the game and remove yourself from the game. This does not cause other players to lose the game.
Star-Crossed Lover

Artifact - Factional Abilities, 0, Rare
(Star-Crossed Lover is colorless)

Each Star-Crossed Lover player has “You may talk with all other Star-Crossed Lovers in all MTG: Parallel Universe subgames at any time.”
(The Star-Crossed Lovers are XXXX and XXXX.)

Porkens
. You are:
Ink Eyes, Servant of Oni

Legendary Creature - Kamigawa Townie Limited Doctor, Mythic Rare, 4BB

"{T}: Target a player in the same game as you. Then target a player in a game you can see from your seat. If the first target player would die, the player in the other game dies instead.
"

5/4
Townie

Enchantment-Win Condition, G, Rare
Win Condition
— When all other factions have left the game, or nothing can prevent the same, you win the game and every player who is a member of another faction loses the game. This doesn't affect players in other subgames.
[/quote]

Zazie
. You are:
Sakashima the Imposter

Legendary Creature - Kamigawa Townie Copycat, Mythic Rare, 2UU

"Sakashima comes into play with 1 +1/+1 counter.
{T}: You become a copy of target player, except that your role name is still Sakashima the Impostor, you're still a Townie, and you gain this ability."

3/1
Townie

Win Condition
— When all other factions have left the game, or nothing can prevent the same, you win the game and every player who is a member of another faction loses the game. This doesn't affect players in other subgames.
[/quote]

Papa Zito
. You are:
Heartless Hidetsugu

Legendary Creature - Kamigawa Townie Arms Dealer, MythicRare, 3RR

"{T}: Target a player in a game you can see from your seat. They gain the enchantment Hidetsugu's Second Rite.
"

Hidetsugu held over a dozen oni in blood oath. At his touch, rocks scorched. At his word, cities burned.

4/3
Townie

Win Condition
Hidetsugu's Second Rite:
Enchantment, uncommon, 3R
T, Sacrifice Hidetsugu’s Second Rite: Destroy target player.

SpyreX
. You are:
Marrow Gnawer

Legendary Creature - Kamigawa Vanilla Townie, Mythic Rare, 3BB

Marrow-Gnawer united three nezumi gangs when he slew their leaders in a single night. Now they call him their first lord.

2/3
Townie

Win Condition

populartajo
. You are:
Autumn-Tail, Kitsune Sage

Legendary Creature - Kamigawa Vanilla Townie, Mythic Rare, 3W

4/5
Townie

Win Condition

Mufasa
. You are:
Yuki-Onna

Creature - Kamigawa Vanilla Townie, Mythic Rare, 3R

3/1
Townie

Win Condition

Sociopath
. You are:
Kiku, Night's Flower

Legendary Creature - Kamigawa Vanilla Townie, Mythic Rare, BB

"A wanderer has told me of an assassin in the Takenuma Swamp who uses her dark arts to animate her enemies' shadows against them. A wild tale, but it explains much."

1/1
Townie

Win Condition
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #776 (isolation #48) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:07 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Night actions

jammer:
jammer kills poptajo N1 (success)
jammer is dead N2

Quagmire:
Quagmire cults jammer N1 (fails)
Quagmire cults Kairyuu

Porkens:
Porkens targets self and Slicey (nothing happens)
Porkens targets Quagmire and Mufasa

Zazie:
Zazie copies Porkens N1 (success)
Zazie is in another game N2

Kairyuu:
Kairyuu is in another game N1
Kairyuu investigates Budja N2

Sajin:
No action N1
Kill Kairyuu N2

To N2, anyway. Apparently I didn't record any other night actions :S...sorry.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #781 (isolation #49) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:17 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Oh yeah, Flava Flave won too for fulfilling his win con posthumously
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #785 (isolation #50) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:49 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Papa Zito wrote:I started here but died in SSK's game. So did I lose with this town or win with that other one?
You win with whatever game you ended in. Rather, you get the result of the game you ended in, not started in.
-StrangerCoug

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”