Newbie 810 - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:17 pm

Post by Raskol »

Clarification: I don't mean absolutely right away. It looks like you guys still have things to settle before nightfall, so do that first obviously. But I think we need to commit to a target fairly soon, and that's my suggestion. The actual voting can come as close to the deadline as you like, we just need to make sure we have the votes lined up.
Riddle
Riddle
Townie
Riddle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:03 am

Post by Riddle »

The Flying Spaghetti Monster is too good.
Riddle
Riddle
Townie
Riddle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:08 am

Post by Riddle »

EBWOP: Sorry about the fail formatting. I forgot to preview. Here are the fixed links:

2nd on the Blue Raven Bandwagon

and

accuses ronnieroo of defending herself
The Flying Spaghetti Monster is too good.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:27 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

~36 Hours to Deadline
Vote Count

BlueRaven - 1 (geekalicious)
geekalicious - 2 (12Keyblade, Riddle)

Riddle - 1 (Raskol)

Not Voting - 3 (BlueRaven, KittyMo, ronnieroo)

4 to Lynch.
Deadline
is the end of Sunday, August 9 (Eastern, GMT - 4).
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:45 am

Post by geekalicious »

To put my thoughts out there (and I know this is going to sound.... odd) but I actually think that I'll make a good lynch candidate for today. The thought has been pressing at the back of my mind for a while, and here's why:

On several things such as the following that Riddle listed (I cleaned up the botched urls in it for the sake of clarity):
Riddle wrote:2nd on TFGM bw.
2nd on the Blue Raven Bandwagon
tries to justify his misquoting of 12Keyblade
Tries to carry the Blue Raven bandwagong by suggesting Blue saw a poll about scum mistakes
Another mis-quote and joins the Zach bw
possible KittyMo biddying
accuses ronnieroo of defending herself
I cannot defend myself on. Being second on both of the above wagons was something that I in retrospect did too hastily. As I noted later in the thread when being questioned by Monsieur, I should have waited until I gathered more evidence rather than pressure voting the offenders for one scum tell.

On the point with 12Keyblade misquoting, I'm not really seeing how I did that. On the Zachrulez misquoting, yep, I'll admit that I did misquote though it was accidental. I had plenty other quibbles with Zachrulez that I wouldn't have needed to misquote him to build a case. However, looking at the incident from a third person perspective, I can definitely see the scumminess in the action.

KittyMo buddying? Still not seeing that one. I only stated that I saw her case as more coherent.

As far as accusing ronnieroo of defending herself goes, I can see how I may have been too harsh on her from a third person perspective. However, for a person to only post to defend themselves when they've spent the entire game just casting out suspicions and not actively following up those suspicions with active scum hunting looks wrong to me. Obviously, she's capable of posting more than she does.

So, all in all, I think I'm a good lynch candidate for today. If I were through some miracle to survive into Day 3, I know that I would be too easy of a target then for all the stupidly newbish things I did on Day 1 that I can't defend myself on. At least with me out of the way today, that'll clear the air a bit and prevent a bad Day 3 mislynch from occuring.
You're just jealous 'cause my geekshake brings all the nerds to the yard.
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:57 am

Post by geekalicious »

Riddle wrote:Geekalicious

Puts suspicion on like 4 different people in 2 relatively short posts
His only post in like 2 weeks
BTW, Riddle, I'm pretty sure that you meant reverendpsycho there, not geekalicious.
BlueRaven
BlueRaven
Goon
BlueRaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:00 am

Post by BlueRaven »

KittyMo wrote:
BlueRaven wrote:
KittyMo wrote:Crap, we only have 2 days. I will most definitely be paying attention.

BlueRaven's refusal to answer my question for him is also noted. It really seems like he's trying to get away with saying as little as possible.
um.... what was your question?
Here.
i think there are 2 options to us.

1) we quickly lynch someone asap and hope we have no regrets.
2) we just leave today's lynch as no lynch and risk the loss.

presonally i think we should do the second but im not sure who i should vote, either geek or riddle...
BlueRaven
BlueRaven
Goon
BlueRaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:01 am

Post by BlueRaven »

i ment the first not the second. XD
Show
W/L
town: 0/1
scum: 0/0

Some thing has come up. I wont be bk for a month or 2. I've replaced out of all my games. D: sorry guys...
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:03 am

Post by ronnieroo »

Roskel what exactly makes you less suspicous of me?

Geek I personally think that if you're town you're never a good lynch target if you're town, even if you're the most unhelpful townie on the planet I would rather lynch mafia (If you are town, not saying he is town). The way I look at that you're either a townie thinking that with you gone finding the mafia will be easier (Which if you are town it may or may not be. It's still a townie lost. (I say a townie lost because I'm thinking the cop or doctor would not say they were a good target for lynching. Right now I'm thinking Geek is either a townie or mafia)), or a mafia player trying to look like a townie hoping to throw off votes. Right now I'm leaning towards the last option.

Right now I'm leaning towards Geekalicous or riddle (because of illini and kraut), though because I am suspicous of Riddle I hesitate to put my vote on the same person as him.

Considering the approaching deadline, I'm going to go ahead and go with my gut and
vote:Riddle
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:52 am

Post by geekalicious »

ronnieroo wrote:Geek I personally think that if you're town you're never a good lynch target if you're town, even if you're the most unhelpful townie on the planet I would rather lynch mafia (If you are town, not saying he is town). The way I look at that you're either a townie thinking that with you gone finding the mafia will be easier (Which if you are town it may or may not be. It's still a townie lost. (I say a townie lost because I'm thinking the cop or doctor would not say they were a good target for lynching. Right now I'm thinking Geek is either a townie or mafia)), or a mafia player trying to look like a townie hoping to throw off votes. Right now I'm leaning towards the last option.
Zachrulez, xRECKONERx, 12Keyblade, Riddle, BlueRaven, you, Monsieur/reverendpsycho players and now KittyMo have all found me suspicious. Honestly, looking at it from an objective perspective, I don't see how I'd make a bad lynch target if you don't know my alignment.
BlueRaven
BlueRaven
Goon
BlueRaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:13 am

Post by BlueRaven »

the more i think about it the more i become suspective, on page 26 raskol finds ronnie scummy as hell enough to vote for her. But by page 27 people such as me and key think that she is townie and defend her. In his head raskol may of thought that this would eventuallly vilanise him, so he quickly changes his vote to someone who is more scummy-ish. i think he's is a nwb scum.

vote: raskol

and geek you should always defend till the end, i was reminded of this when i was on death row...
Show
W/L

Some thing has come up. I wont be bk for a month or 2. I've replaced out of all my games. D: sorry guys...
12Keyblade
12Keyblade
Goon
12Keyblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:15 am

Post by 12Keyblade »

Well, Kitty is the only one that hasn't voted yet, and we have a problem.

Votes:

geekalicious: 2 (12Keyblade, Riddle)
Riddle: 2 (Raskol, ronnieroo)
Raskol: 1 (BlueRavne)

Problem!
Join the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13797]Fluxx Tournament![/url]

[i]"Then I shall make you see... that your hopes are nothing! Nothing but a mere illusion!"[/i]
BlueRaven
BlueRaven
Goon
BlueRaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:17 am

Post by BlueRaven »

may i also add, my vote will stay there for tonight but on the last day if we arnt going to get a lynch in and someone is on L-1 i WILL hammer them.
Show
W/L

KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:26 am

Post by KittyMo »

Vel-Rahn Koon wrote: At deadline, ½ the original number of votes will be required for a lynch. In the case of a tie, the person who first received the required number of votes will be lynched. If this number is not met, a No Lynch will occur. There will be no reduced number of votes in LyLo.
It's 4 to lynch, so we're actually OK right now. I think Geek is going to be lynched at the deadline, since he's got the required number of votes and got them before Riddle did. So, we're not going to be stuck no lynching. *sigh of relief*

Um, so what happens now? How do we officially decide between Riddle and Geek? How is roleclaiming going to work?

I'm really having trouble deciding here. If I had to choose right now, though, I'd vote for Riddle.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
12Keyblade
12Keyblade
Goon
12Keyblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:28 am

Post by 12Keyblade »

KittyMo wrote:
Vel-Rahn Koon wrote: At deadline, ½ the original number of votes will be required for a lynch. In the case of a tie, the person who first received the required number of votes will be lynched. If this number is not met, a No Lynch will occur. There will be no reduced number of votes in LyLo.
It's 4 to lynch, so we're actually OK right now. I think Geek is going to be lynched at the deadline, since he's got the required number of votes and got them before Riddle did. So, we're not going to be stuck no lynching. *sigh of relief*

Um, so what happens now? How do we officially decide between Riddle and Geek? How is roleclaiming going to work?

I'm really having trouble deciding here. If I had to choose right now, though, I'd vote for Riddle.
I say (if he agrees) we have BlueRaven hammer who you vote for after they both claim, people talk, etc.
Join the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13797]Fluxx Tournament![/url]

[i]"Then I shall make you see... that your hopes are nothing! Nothing but a mere illusion!"[/i]
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:37 am

Post by KittyMo »

Pros of a deadline lynch:
~ Discussion lasts for the longest time possible
~ No risk of an accidental hammer

Cons of a deadline lynch:
~ Tomorrow it will be harder to analyze the votes of the winning bandwagon
~ Some people feel it's against the spirit of the game

So, it's a double-edged sword. I don't really care whether we let the deadline automatically lynch someone, or if we do a normal lynch.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
BlueRaven
BlueRaven
Goon
BlueRaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:39 am

Post by BlueRaven »

so then, shall we start with the role claim? even though i think this is pointless, cus they'd say that they are town instead of scum (like who'd admit to being scum appart from TFGM). even if they said that they were a power role for town, then if someone else is a power role then they'd know that u were speaking balls. but go ahead, do the roleclaim anyway.
Show
W/L

geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:44 am

Post by geekalicious »

Role claim? Townie. Though, like BlueRaven said, I don't see why anyone would claim scum.
BlueRaven
BlueRaven
Goon
BlueRaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:48 am

Post by BlueRaven »

any power role or just vanillia?
Show
W/L

geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:50 am

Post by geekalicious »

BlueRaven wrote:any power role or just vanillia?
Just vanilla.
BlueRaven wrote:and geek you should always defend till the end, i was reminded of this when i was on death row...
I agree that I should continue defending myself. However, it's pretty much not doing me any good at this point because of the indefensible things I did on Day 1 that keep coming up again and again. I'm very frustrated at this point in the game... I hate having the sensation that I'm backed into a wall.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:15 am

Post by KittyMo »

Well, if you're a townie, even if you feel frustrated and backed into a wall, you must do what you can to help the town. Zach's refusal to defend himself at the end just ended up hurting the town, but the cases he made on people still live on for us to look at and use. So, if we decide to lynch you over Riddle, and you're a townie, please give us all the information you can.

"plz don't swear" -- N
BlueRaven
BlueRaven
Goon
BlueRaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:21 am

Post by BlueRaven »

what happens if the ammount of scum is equil to the ammount of town?

i made this little diagram showing the possible destinies of this game cus i was feeling a little bored.

start of day 2

town1
town2
town3
town4
town5
town6 dead
town7 dead

scum1
scum2

start of day 3 (poss.)

town1
town2
town3
town4
town5 dead (NKed)
town6 dead
town7 dead

scum1
scum2 dead (lynched day 2)

end of day 3

town1
town2
town3
town4
town5 dead
town6 dead
town7 dead

scum1 dead (= we win)
scum2 dead

or

town1
town2
town3 dead (NKed)
town4 dead (lynch day 3)
town5 dead
town6 dead
town7 dead

scum1
scum2 dead

move onto day 4

make or brake, if we lynch town we lose, lynch scum we win.

OR
(and this is a big or going bk to day 2)

start of day 3

town1
town2
town3 dead (NKed)
town4 dead (lynched day 2)
town5 dead
town6 dead
town7 dead

scum1
scum2

this is the equil point, it only takes 2 to lynch so if a scum votes for 1, the other will follow suit and there is a lynch and nothing can stop them.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:21 am

Post by KittyMo »

Well, here's the updated unofficial vote count.

Unofficial Vote Count (~28 hours):

geekalicious: 2 (12Keyblade, Riddle)

Riddle: 2 (Raskol, ronnieroo)
[alliteration!]

BlueRaven: 1 (geekalicious)
Raskol: 1 (BlueRaven)

4 to lynch (2 to lynch at deadline)

------------

Well, this is the most messed up vote count I've ever seen that close to the deadline, lol. Well, at least we're not going to no lynch.

"plz don't swear" -- N
BlueRaven
BlueRaven
Goon
BlueRaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:23 am

Post by BlueRaven »

so we need to be 100% sure on who we lynch or there could be that dificulty,

i also just thought about if the 2 town worked out who the 2 scum were and made their own co-oridinated attack b4 the scum did. but that is unlikely in my opinion.
Show
W/L

KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:25 am

Post by KittyMo »

BlueRaven wrote: OR (and this is a big or going bk to day 2)

start of day 3

town1
town2
town3 dead (NKed)
town4 dead (lynched day 2)
town5
town6 dead
town7 dead

scum1
scum2

this is the equil point, it only takes 2 to lynch so if a scum votes for 1, the other will follow suit and there is a lynch and nothing can stop them.
Town5 wouldn't be dead...and on Day 3, it takes 3 to lynch, and if it's a LyLo Day3, there's no lowered # of votes.

But, yeah, that is pretty scary that the scum can completely control who gets lynched today if the town isn't careful. :s

"plz don't swear" -- N

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”