Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1901 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:01 pm

Post by Vi »

Finished Day 2 a little early as my opinions weren't changing, and I'm coming pretty close to the present now.

Let me ask this while I finish up. I'm Kairyuu, and I'm blackcatcontract. Yes, both of the people I replaced lurked to some criminal extent.
In light of this, how many people want to lynch me?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #1902 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:10 pm

Post by GIEFF »

I would like to lynch you based on your predecessors, Vi, but we're 0/2 on the lurker-lynches. It's hard to believe that all 3 of the criminal-lurkers are town, but even if we lynch you and you are town, it would be a less crushing loss if I can blame it on idiotic play. I have an ego to protect here.

This game is horrible, especially considering how hard our poor mod worked to recruit reliable people. Kai's behavior is OK, and I actually appreciate it no matter his/your role, but bcc/Cephrir/Mastin really suck.

I think Sens, Spyrex, and BM have played scummy, scummier than bcc has in his 4 posts and than you have in your 2 or 3, but experience tells me that scum lurk, and that the odds are very low that ALL 3 of the mega-lurkers are town.

If you were in a game with 3 insane-mega-2-week asshole lurkers, you lynched two of them and they both flipped town, would you lynch the third? Hypothetically speaking.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1903 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:13 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

GIEFF wrote:I would like to lynch you based on your predecessors, Vi, but we're 0/2 on the lurker-lynches. It's hard to believe that all 3 of the criminal-lurkers are town, but even if we lynch you and you are town, it would be a less crushing loss if I can blame it on idiotic play. I have an ego to protect here.

This game is horrible, especially considering how hard our poor mod worked to recruit reliable people. Kai's behavior is OK, and I actually appreciate it no matter his/your role, but bcc/Cephrir/Mastin really suck.

I think Sens, Spyrex, and BM have played scummy, scummier than bcc has in his 4 posts and than you have in your 2 or 3, but experience tells me that scum lurk, and that the odds are very low that ALL 3 of the mega-lurkers are town.

If you were in a game with 3 insane-mega-2-week asshole lurkers, you lynched two of them and they both flipped town, would you lynch the third? Hypothetically speaking.
In this situation I will definitely say yes if Battle Mage flips scum.

It goes back to the question of why he was trying to prevent the BCC lynch so vehemently without any solid reason on why it was a better lynch than the Cephrir lynch.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #1904 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:15 pm

Post by GIEFF »

Vi, if BM is scum, do you think that we would be justified in assuming that you are scum too, based on his behavior toward bcc yesterday and today? i.e. making excuses for his lurking, and asking people to vote for BM instead of for bcc?
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #1905 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:26 pm

Post by GIEFF »

Hey guys, let's just all get drunk and then just admit if we've been naughty and killing innocent people. It's OK, we will forgive you. Let's just be cool and stop shooting people, and maybe we can put this lynch-rope away? I mean, this has just gone way too far.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1906 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:29 pm

Post by Benmage »

i'm hammerreed right notw and i'm still town, and battle mage is sco scum.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1907 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:31 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

GIEFF wrote:Hey guys, let's just all get drunk and then just admit if we've been naughty and killing innocent people. It's OK, we will forgive you. Let's just be cool and stop shooting people, and maybe we can put this lynch-rope away? I mean, this has just gone way too far.
Sorry, I don't drink...
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #1908 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:37 pm

Post by GIEFF »

I'm hammered too, but that is no excuse for poor spelling, Benmage.

Also, you should not be flying the black helicopters when you are drunk, we should let somebody else take over.
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1909 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:47 pm

Post by alexhans »

based on BCC and kai. You ARE on my lynch list. But I'll give you time to have your say... besides, you're not the only one... and BM is the best lynch ever.
GIEFF wrote:This game is horrible, especially considering how hard our poor mod worked to recruit reliable people
err... the mod? :P
GIEFF wrote:I think Sens, Spyrex, and BM have played scummy, scummier than bcc has in his 4 posts and than you have in your 2 or 3, but experience tells me that scum lurk, and that the odds are very low that ALL 3 of the mega-lurkers are town.
So you just leave DDD out?
I'm back...
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #1910 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:54 pm

Post by GIEFF »

Yeah, DDD has done nothing really scummy. Sort of like how bcc has done nothing scummy, although not to the same extent. It's hard to judge who is best to lynch - those who have contributed so little that they don't have much behavior to judge, or those who have contributed, but done so scummily. I don't think DDD has lurked so horribly that it is criminal, but it's still hard to judge his alignment.

And yes, in the sign-up thread, Yaw said he was recruiting people with a reliable history of contributing without flaking, which makes the behavior by so many in this game even more infuriating.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1911 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:18 pm

Post by Vi »

SpyreX wrote:In one spot without 4 million quotes and/or blaze blah I'd love to see this developing case on BM.
I second this.

---

@GIEFF. I'm not looking for excuses. I am asking if you agree with this.
--bcc lurked to a criminal extent
SO
--bcc is scum, or at least our best chance for hitting scum
Although this seems to be what you're saying...
--bcc lurked to a criminal extent
AND
--the two criminal lurkers we've lynched so far flipped Town
AND
--all three are probably not Town
SO
--bcc is probably scum
...which is the Gambler's Fallacy.

Scum don't have to flake-lurk in this game because there are Townies doing it for them! All they have to do is avoid being the worst of the worst!

And the most compelling question to come from this is--if bcc is your best bet for scum,
why bother asking for a replacement?
Especially one that doesn't take getting lynched very well :P

---

Thank you, Zachrulez, for lining up lynches.
It's because I'm black!
catcontract

---
GIEFF 1904 wrote:Vi, if BM is scum, do you think that we would be justified in assuming that you are scum too, based on his behavior toward bcc yesterday and today? i.e. making excuses for his lurking, and asking people to vote for BM instead of for bcc?
I suppose this would be a bad time for me to say that I have a Town read on Battle Mage?
And the answer is--not really. There's no need for Scummie Mage to tie himself to the obvious D3 lynch.

I will concede that I was baffled at the whole dispute about the lurkers being likely scum and one being more likely than the other, coming from the perspective of knowing that all of them were Town. But then, see my previous comment about all the scum have to do to avoid being lynched in this town.

-----

Okay, I kind of half-read the last few pages since I didn't see a case on Battle Mage forthcoming. This is where I stand on everyone so there are no surprises.

Battle Mage. Town. Really annoying to read at times because of his tendency to say really stupid things right after I start thinking he's securely Town ("oh I forgot I was voting VP Baltar! guess that means I'll lurk for a while"), but when not floundering a la DrippingGoofball his votes for the past two Days have been very agreeable.

SensFan. No idea. His play has been 100% policy at this point and says nothing about his alignment. I'm not sure if he would be playing any differently if there were less "spew" in this topic.

alexhans. Probably Town just for the amount of floundering he's done. Not a terribly secure read, and he's been off the mark for a while, but here and there I thought I saw some Town transparency.

GIEFF. Sometime late Day 1 I started to get the sense that he was Town after thinking he was incredibly scummy all Day. I haven't really changed that opinion much because he's been doing a lot of meta research that, while pointless and unnecessary, shows that he's putting a lot of effort into the game. So I'm currently taking the uncomfortable position that GIEFF is a Townie who happens to be playing the scummiest game of his life.

Debonair Danny DiPietro. I was hoping I wouldn't be the only person to say this (so thank you SpyreX), but why is it that whenever people start calling DDD a lurker, he shows up and makes a token post soon afterward and then the world is right again? For that matter, what did he do that got everyone's respect? ("Indeed. TRIPLE D is definitely an asset." *modkill* *Japanese Godfather*) DDD is lurkerscum and must die.

Vicatyuu. I'm like Soulja Boy, except apparently a furry and most decidedly not Soulja Boy.

KBroomd4390. I can't tell. I skipped most of this Day, when he posted something other than gripes about people posting so much. Needs further investigation.

SpyreX. Up until late Day 2 I thought SpyreX was underproducing, but his posts since his Cephrir vote have been overwhelmingly sensical. Temporarily Town.

Zachrulez. I've already outlined how Zach is scum beyond belief, and yet nobody's interested in voting him. What is it that's making people think he's Town? That he said he would swap one lurker for another as long as someone got lynched? (note: they're both Town!) Zach is former lurkerscum and must die.

Benmage. Town - transparently so, and always has been. He's the closest thing to a confirmed Townie that I see in this game.

jammer. I don't know. I wanted to say newbie early on, but he keeps making posts that seem to take up space and say vaguely scummy things.

-----

Vote: Zachrulez
(L-5)
I don't expect to move this vote unless it's to DDD or someone who starts playing like a Jester, since I'm not sure who the third scum is as of yet.
(Please out yourself! It'll make this game end so much more quickly, and we'll all be happy!)

Now if all the people I called remotely Town would stop attacking each other and focus on the people I called scum we might make some progress.

And to cut it off now, I don't do quote wars and I'm not really interested in hearing your dissenting opinions. I've gone through 1900 posts in two days. 100 more of the same bickering probably won't change my mind.

-----

One more thing. Hey Benmage, whenever you're sober.
*If you were an anime character, what hair color would you have?
*What color shirt do you have on? (If you're not wearing one, find one)
*What is your favorite color?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1912 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:45 pm

Post by alexhans »

So you're excusing BM's overall inconsistent play because he sucked the whole game or something? Why do we keep allowing people to do this kind of stuff and excuse their scumminess because it's their playstyle??

Read my 3rd day's iso for reference on BM.
I'm back...
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1913 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:45 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Vi wrote: Thank you, Zachrulez, for lining up lynches.
It's because I'm black!
catcontract
Hello encore performance. I missed Grim Mafia. Really I did.
Vi wrote:Zachrulez. I've already outlined how Zach is scum beyond belief, and yet nobody's interested in voting him. What is it that's making people think he's Town? That he said he would swap one lurker for another as long as someone got lynched? (note: they're both Town!) Zach is former lurkerscum and must die.
Any particular reason you're fixated on this? Why not in Battle Mage's unwillingness to explain why he thought BCC/You were town? Why not in Sensfan's hammer? I think I was pretty upfront about my position here, and to be honest, I don't think the bandwagon would have needed my vote for a lynch. It happened more quickly than I could have ever imagined possible.

Nice job promoting me as lurkerscum though. That's probably the most ridiculous accusation that's been thrown at me all game. I look forward to hearing all about my "former lurking."

Or did you expect me to take that attack lying down?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1914 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:46 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

alexhans wrote:So you're excusing BM's overall inconsistent play because he sucked the whole game or something? Why do we keep allowing people to do this kind of stuff and excuse their scumminess because it's their playstyle??

Read my 3rd day's iso for reference on BM.
I have a pretty simple explanation that I think fits pretty nicely. :)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1915 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:13 pm

Post by Vi »

alexhans 1912 wrote:So you're excusing BM's overall inconsistent play because he sucked the whole game or something? Why do we keep allowing people to do this kind of stuff and excuse their scumminess because it's their playstyle??
alex, remember what I said about playstyle a while ago?

Battle Mage is more like spot on except when he's incredibly far off. I'm not denying that there's a case to be made on him (or anyone else in the game). I'm denying that there's a scumflip at the end of it.

---

@Zach: Of course I wouldn't expect you to take this vote lying down. I remember Grimmafia as well as you do. And besides, everyone else I accused in that game was scum :P
And... incidentally, I was Town in Grimmafia. Do you think that should reflect on your implication that I'm scum in this game? (again, I wouldn't expect you to take this vote lying down, so why target you?)

I've already covered your D1 scumplay, where the "former lurkerscum" title came from - considering you only showed up to snipe at people and/or complain about Mastin not being lynched, even when at one point you yourself weren't voting Mastin.

D2 was pretty funny. After Benmage self-voted, camn-Town got angry, GIEFF-Town got angry, and you-scum went "whoa, wait, chill". It looked like you were caught by surprise at Benmage's overreaction; your pressure worked
too
well. As has already been pointed out, scum offering to self-hammer (somehow; that's hard to do when he's already voting himself) isn't a bad thing, because, well, scum getting hammered. And that's the difference between zwet in Grimmafia and Benmage here. In Grimmafia, you were of the same alignment. Here, I doubt it highly.

After making peace with Benmage after that got out of control, you seamlessly moved onto GIEFF for horrible reasons that I'm very glad you got called on in the very next post. After that you basically were for whatever lurker lynch you could get. One really is as good as the other in this game - they're both Town.

Overall not impressed with the reasoning behind your votes throughout.

---
Zach 1913 wrote:Any particular reason you're fixated on this? Why not in Battle Mage's unwillingness to explain why he thought BCC/You were town? Why not in Sensfan's hammer?
Nice blameshifting.
I've already answered both of those questions, etc.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1916 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:48 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Vi wrote:
@Zach: Of course I wouldn't expect you to take this vote lying down. I remember Grimmafia as well as you do. And besides, everyone else I accused in that game was scum :P
And... incidentally, I was Town in Grimmafia. Do you think that should reflect on your implication that I'm scum in this game? (again, I wouldn't expect you to take this vote lying down, so why target you?)
Half the living players in the game were scum at the point you replaced in, just for reference.

And yes, you were town. That doesn't mean you're town here. So why should I believe that your attacks on me are town motivated in this game? Especially when you write off Battle Mage's scummy play, and fire off accusations at me so similar to Grim Mafia, it's like you haven't learned from your mistakes there.
Vi wrote:I've already covered your D1 scumplay, where the "former lurkerscum" title came from - considering you only showed up to snipe at people and/or complain about Mastin not being lynched, even when at one point you yourself weren't voting Mastin.
I have never played Mastin before this game, but I know him by reputation.

Hate his posting style (Being that he posts absolute monstrosities.)

Saw clear indicators that he was scum here. The autoclear argument, the falling behind and lurking thing. The nightkill speculation. All things I have seen from his scum play in games I have read.

Personally I'm pissed off that after all that he flipped town. It just shows how little he seems to care about the games he signs up for. I will be avoiding him in future games, I know that much.
Vi wrote:D2 was pretty funny. After Benmage self-voted, camn-Town got angry, GIEFF-Town got angry, and you-scum went "whoa, wait, chill". It looked like you were caught by surprise at Benmage's overreaction; your pressure worked
too
well. As has already been pointed out, scum offering to self-hammer (somehow; that's hard to do when he's already voting himself) isn't a bad thing, because, well, scum getting hammered. And that's the difference between zwet in Grimmafia and Benmage here. In Grimmafia, you were of the same alignment. Here, I doubt it highly.
Any reason this CAN'T work from a town perspective where I reacted to Benmage's over reaction and got a town read from his frustration. Afterall, that was something I didn't get a chance to do in Grim Mafia with Zwet when he self hammered?
Vi wrote:After making peace with Benmage after that got out of control, you seamlessly moved onto GIEFF for horrible reasons that I'm very glad you got called on in the very next post. After that you basically were for whatever lurker lynch you could get. One really is as good as the other in this game - they're both Town.
Eh, you probably have a point here. Laziness got the better of me on putting together a comprehensive Gieff case, can you blame me? The posting rate in this game has been sick, and the total posts have reached an ungodly level in record time.
Vi wrote:Overall not impressed with the reasoning behind your votes throughout.
Noted. Also note that I'm not impressed by your attacks or your case.

I'm VERY interested in a more detailed explanation of why Battle Mage is town. So feel free to give one at any time.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #1917 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:41 pm

Post by GIEFF »

unvote

vote Vi

Whee!
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #1918 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:49 pm

Post by GIEFF »

The sunshine bores the daylights out of me.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1919 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:55 am

Post by Vi »

Zach 1916 wrote:And yes, you were town. That doesn't mean you're town here. So why should I believe that your attacks on me are town motivated in this game? Especially when you write off Battle Mage's scummy play, and fire off accusations at me so similar to Grim Mafia, it's like you haven't learned from your mistakes there.
Realize that Battle Mage is only the flavor of the week. I'm also writing off GIEFF's scummy play (for some reason), alex's scummy play, and SpyreX's scummy play.
Also as I said with my D1 commentary, if I'm calling you scummy for the same things in a different game and if you are Town in both, you should probably change your playstyle.

I've yet to see a coherent case for why Battle Mage is scum. As far as I've seen, it has to do with him favoring one lurker lynch over the other (which I'm not about to buy into for obvious reasons), his "r-tarded" accusation to GIEFF that still managed to get blown out of proportion (which is not terribly different from what he said about Mastin being a viable NK
N1
N2), and the fact that he swings from brilliant to nitwitastic every five minutes when he gets going (which I understand is his meta).

Re: Mastin - Wise decision, but see Day 1 commentary.

Re: Benmage - I'm not sure. Your vote's hardly impressive, considering it both piggybacked on SensFan's vote and involved zero reading of what Benmage said at all. For someone who got in such a tizzy about Benmage self-voting - which is
only a problem if Benmage is Town
- these comments don't match.
Zach 1125 wrote:Wow, I think I just choked on that WIFOM.
Zach 1149 wrote:He's already named me as scum. (Without a vote.)
Zach 1163 wrote:Let's just lynch Benmage and move on. He's doing nothing for the town. It's ridiculous.
The last one should be contrasted with
Zach 1183 wrote:There isn't any time limit on this. If you need time to think it over, then take some time to calm down and think about it.

unvote:
So Zach, you're washing your hands of the Cephrir wagon because you say it would have gone on without you. Had you not taken action here, would the Benmage wagon have gone on without you?

Re: GIEFF - Even if your case was more comprehensive, if it built on the assumption that GIEFF cut down, it wouldn't have been any better.

---

@GIEFF: Why'd you bother unvoting me?
If you went out into the sunshine, would you sparkle?

---

Also, I found this amusing.
jammer 1100 wrote:I'm not
necessarily
lurking, ok.
But you
have
been lurking at all? Juuuuust checking.

Talking of lurking, you know who I saw updating every game but this one before I went to sleep? Debonair Danny DiPietro~
lurklurklurklurklurklurklurklurklurklurklurklurklurklurklurklurklurklurklurklurklurklurklurklurklurklurklurklurklurklurklurklurklurklurklurklurklurklurklurklurk
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1920 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:53 am

Post by Vi »

Reading alexhans in isolation and responding atm.
In advance, please put a stop payment on the Battle Mage defense in the previous post.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1921 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:21 am

Post by Benmage »

Hmmm I hate drunk posting.
Example A:
Benmage wrote:i'm hammerreed right notw and i'm still town, and battle mage is sco scum.
But it looks like I atleast had a reason:
GIEFF wrote:Hey guys, let's just all get drunk and then just admit if we've been naughty and killing innocent people. It's OK, we will forgive you. Let's just be cool and stop shooting people, and maybe we can put this lynch-rope away? I mean, this has just gone way too far.
Vi wrote: One more thing. Hey Benmage, whenever you're sober. *If you were an anime character, what hair color would you have? *What color shirt do you have on? (If you're not wearing one, find one) *What is your favorite color?
Super Saiyan Blonde/yellow
Plain white-T<<<slept in it…need to shower.
Navy Blue
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1922 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:24 am

Post by Vi »

Reading alexhans in isolation because I haven't done so yet. :?
alex #73 wrote:You're so full of it BM... Your whole move to clear yourself from Mastin's lynch is really clear... You "suspected" him and waggoned him but when it was certain he was getting lynched you came out to say he was town??? come on...
I only see Battle Mage voting Mastin once during D1, in post 71. Mastin was lynched in post 1078. Am I missing something?
alex #76 wrote:1) I told you as soon as I could that you were doing the same thing Benmage did. Saying oh.. wow... glad im alive...
3)You Planned multiple lynches with me and mastin. I'm not doing it. I think before I lynch someone.
4) I can't up my posting atm. I'm pretty busy and you're just adding fluff to the game so nobody can catch up.
1) I'm starting to believe that being glad to be alive is a VI-tell.
2) No comment.
3) I'm not sure I follow. I see that you vote very rarely; does that mean that throwing your vote around is scummy if you're hitting scum each time?
4) Bear in mind that I think I've read maybe 20% of your posts all the way through in this game, a-hans. You've no room to talk.
alex #77 wrote:you try hardest calling me a hypocrite or something worst everytime you have a chance? That's not cool.
oh okay
alex #78 wrote:BS... You call what I do is not game relevant and what you do is? BS... and more BS... If I was on a personal crusade against those whose playstyle I don't like in this game I would be lynching SensFan, DDD, Cephir, BCC, Camn, maybe GIEFF, maybe KMD. I want to lynch scum. I want to lynch you. The fact that you defended BCC over Cephir makes me confident about not voting Cephir.
Posts like this make you look Town. Not good on the maturity scale tbh, but Town.
alex #81 wrote:1) I didn't vote you for that waggon. I vote you because you're scum and you supported a quicklynch but tried to stay off it...
2) Bullshit. Stop talking like SensFan. There's no GOOD policy lynches. We have to lynch scum not people that we dislike for some reason.
3) IIRC, you said she was town... :roll:
4) Wich is inconsistent... Why did you derail the bcc waggon but then didn't take responsability for the Cephir one?
5) This is bs. You're night speculating when you voted Mastin for it.
6) 1508: shows why you're scum. Now you say that the Cephir vote had evidence that indicated he was scum? And you call Camn scummy NOW? And VP Baltar obv town? This is all designed to make you look good.

Do you realize that scum can buss each other? If you do... then you'll see that anti-pairing is not so effective.
7) Huh? Are you looking to see if you have support for a mislynch?

Why do you keep asking who does the kill implicate when we all know that scum has 100 % control over it? Didn't SensFan and DDD said that? Didn't you agree? Why do you use it when it's convinient to you? (That was rethorical, the answer is because you're scum)
8) It's amazing how you try to look town and buddy GIEFF in every post but still want others to pick on what you say and make him look scummy.
1) Not to be confused with Zach saying that he was on the wagon but didn't get a chance to be off it? Cephrir, like most flaker lynches, was low-risk almost-no-return.
2) It's true though. Almost everyone here deserves to be lynched on sight by this point. We should all post our Role PMs and await divine justice. (You go first.)
But this is what I'm talking about when I say there's a good case to be made against everyone. That's what I think Battle Mage was saying.
3) Speeding through Battle Mage's posts, I don't see camn mentioned after Battle Mage #156, where she's not a viable lynch. So this may be worth something.
4) So Battle Mage is arguing against Kmd's vote analysis because it would not catch Battle Mage-scum from the Cephrir wagon. I'm not surprised at the logic, to say the least. I don't see how this is scummy per se...
A better question would be how Battle Mage came to think Zachrulez was Town overnight. I don't get it myself, reading #207 - lynching Town lurkers is like handing out free passes to endgame for scum.
5) I'll agree at this point that night speculation, at least in the direction everyone is looking, is pointless. However, saying that Battle Mage voted Mastin for night speculation doesn't cover half of it.
6) It wouldn't surprise me. This is one of Battle Mage's ungodly scummy posts. I'm not taking it for granted, because all the namedropping looks horrible.
7) Some overreaction here, unless you can prove that Battle Mage had a scripted answer after anything Benmage said. I do agree that looking into who the scum killed the way Battle Mage is going about it will accomplish nothing positive.
8) I agree that Battle Mage needs to be concise and stop arguing with himself in his own posts. The most interesting part about this is that Battle Mage is voting GIEFF now.

----

@alex #83: Ha ha ha! Good catch!

----

@alex #84:
He voted Mastin.
Unvoted, Voted Me.
Pushed my case a lot. He was "convinced" until people started disbelieving his case.
Then voted GIEFF.
Then, suddenly. Called GIEFF town.
When Mastin was getting lynched. He called Mastin Obv town.
After VP's death. He called VP obv town.
He was CLEARLY against a BCC lynch and pushed a Cephir one.
He was NOT on the Cephir waggon.
He continues to suggest that
I can see all of these except the part about calling GIEFF Town and the last one. Could you link me to where GIEFF became Town D1?
The problem here is that there isn't a conclusion, though. I'm not sure where you're going with this.

Questions that come from this.
Why was VP Baltar obvTown?
He wasn't. Battle Mage was pleased with VP Baltar being dead until D3.

Why was BM not on the Cephrir wagon at day's end?
He was voting Zachrulez, post 1401 (Page 57). Reasoning: Following GIEFF. Believability: Somewhat low.

----

Conclusion: Well, my confidence in Battle Mage has certainly been shaken. I'd like to see Battle Mage post now that I'm caught up.
For now, Battle Mage replaces GIEFF as the person in my Dubious Town group that I'd want to lynch first.

----

Some things I found while reading.
SensFan 211 wrote:Alex, jammer, GIEFF.

There's a Scum in that group.

I pity the Town if none of you are Scum. That, and I don't think its possible for all 3 of you to be that scummy, but still Town.
Well, we're up to two Town in that group :?

The number of scum in this game coming back with Battle Mage's backtracking is intriguing, especially since jammer has been Scum #4 since Page 2. I'm toying with a policy lynch on jammer tomorrow just for that.
Zach 1224 wrote:Alex, I changed my mind about Benmage once he actually started being reasonable.

I'm getting a lot of mixed signals from him and it's frustrating.
'Found this. This lends credence to Zach's position.
Battle Mage #231 wrote:
alexhans wrote:I have the right to attack those who played poorly and allowed a town lurker to be quicklynched over a possbile scum lurker.
If you KNEW Cephrir was town, tell me, why didnt you say anything? Yet another terrible scum-slip.
*zing!*
See what I mean when I say that there's a compelling case to be made against everyone?
Battle Mage #243 wrote:
Zachrulez wrote:Ok, DDD is posting again.

Unvote:
is DDD posting a towntell?
Again, *zing!*
See where I'm getting my conclusion that Battle Mage bounces wildly from pro-Town to anti-Town and back again?
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1923 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:45 am

Post by alexhans »

BM's change of mind about GIEFF. ISO 41
VI wrote: 5) I'll agree at this point that night speculation, at least in the direction everyone is looking, is pointless. However, saying that Battle Mage voted Mastin for night speculation doesn't cover half of it.
Yeah, he also was afraid because Mastin's analysys pointed in his direction. Same with SensFan.
Vi wrote:
BM wrote:
Alexhans wrote: I have the right to attack those who played poorly and allowed a town lurker to be quicklynched over a possbile scum lurker.
If you KNEW Cephrir was town, tell me, why didnt you say anything? Yet another terrible scum-slip.
*zing!*
See what I mean when I say that there's a compelling case to be made against everyone?
not right. He just went for a semantics issue. There was no reason to defend you/BCC/Kai over Cephir. I never KNEW anything. That's just a typical misrep from BM, who switches opinions conveniently.

Also, Vi, Dont EVER write a line so large as the lurklurklurk because it screws with the page size and I have to scroll sideways.

in fact,
Mod, Could you cut Vi's "lurklurklurk" scream in more than one line so I don't need to scroll this page to read every line? thanks
I'm back...
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1924 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:47 am

Post by alexhans »

Vi... To understand BM's varying positions towards Mastin and me I suggest that you open Firefox and use Ctrl-f highlighting everywhere in his ISO where he mentions Mastin. He keeps going back and forth regarding his allignment to get me lynched.
BM ISO 12 wrote: Damnit bro. Could you BE any more transparent? I'm intrigued to hear what Mastin makes of this. You quite clearly KNOW that Mastin is town, because you wouldnt defend your buddy like this. What i dont understand is the passion behind it. Are you and Mastin a couple irl?

Maybe if you quit whinging and listen to the points against Mastin with an open mind, you might fare better in the game.
first he implies I'm scum and mastin is town and in the following paragraph tries to coach me into viewing Mastin's scummyness?
BM ISO 14 wrote:
Mastin's behaviour was vaguely scummy, but given how much he posts, and his general meta, not really lynch-worthy. Alex's reaction to him was far scummier, and doesnt make sense with them as scumbuddies. Taking the assumption Alex is scum (which is the assumption i am making if i want him lynched), Mastin is almost certainly town. Of course, if Alex turns out to be town, this condition is no longer met, and Mastin can be looked at again.
BM ISO 15 wrote:Ok. In terms of votes, what Mastin achieved, instead of a random selection of reasonless votes, was a wagon on himself. Now, if you dont think that wagon was legit, then effectively, we are no better off than we would have been with the random stage. If you believe Mastin has destroyed the RVS, then you are, by definition, acknowledging that the wagon on Mastin is valuable, and most probably, that he is scum.
ISO 24 is worth a read
oh... and also, note the enormous amount of loaded questions that contradict each other in our war of wall posts...
in 27 he votes GIEFF because "Might as well put my vote somewhere useful. "
BM ISO 28 wrote:mastin's absence is not scummy.
This Mastin defense comes out of nowhere...

woah... check ISO 29 out He votes VP... Wasn't VP obv town in his opinion? And in 55 ISO he unvotes and votes Camn without ever pursuing VP...
ISO 65: He says to VP "cant shake the feeling you are scum. Did i hear back on a link to a game of yours? "
until in 73 there's one of those sudden changes of mind where he declares VP Baltar town because of meta (mainly involving a "bad play"? in mafia 91).
What does this means?
I'm back...

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”