Newbie 816 - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:02 am

Post by imkingdavid »

ElectricBadger wrote:
imkingdavid wrote:EB:
I'm understanding that you're doing something you believe is anti-town because others are pressuring you: is that interpretation correct?
Well, if that's how everyone is going to be expected to scum hunt, my opinion on the ethics of the method seems a bit null. I'll be voted now for asking that question (which you will note hasn't been answered in lieu of asking why I asked it), but realize that I would have been voted also for holding onto my opinion of not looking for scum buds, as current popular belief is against it.
Not really. I disagreed with your stance, but felt you had enough reasoning that YOU believed it.
And I still do believe it. Anyway, as I said, if I survive to day 2, I will take my foot out of my mouth and start playing better.
EB wrote:
imkingdavid wrote:
Judging by the overall quantity of your posting, I disagree. You are merely sidetracked; the question is whether it's intentional or not.
Unintentional. I have lost interest in this particular game given the whole theory argument between myself and Adel.
Tempted to kill you off just because of this. Again - YOU started off your play with broad and controversial statements on game theory; YOU are who started the debate - complaining because someone didn't blithely accept your logic is silly.
Hold up...
Ok, here's how I see my entrance to the thread:
Near the end of page four, I post my hello post, with a vote analysis, a vote for TF and an opinion that we shouldn't search for scum pairs yet. To follow that opinion up, I post my reasoning. For a good while, there's no issue.
Adel steps in and asks why I voted TF over HF, and I responded.
Then, he quickly asked me four questions that go AGAINST everything I had just stated, and made it so that if I didn't answer I looked bad because I was dodging questions, but if I did answer I was going against what I believed.
Do you get what I'm saying?
EB wrote:
imkingdavid wrote:Dramonic:
baaaaaacktracking on his own opinion and doing stuff he himself deems anti-town.
Parroting and jumping on the wagon, I see? Anything else you want to say? I find your short posts that merely parrot others' opinions (which you've consistently done throughout the game) without providing your own thoughts to be a bit scummy.
Agreed.
imkingdavid wrote:Anyway, like I said, it
was fun
wasn't that fun playing with all of you. I hope that my play during this game doesn't tarnish our ability to play civilly in future games together. As I realize my lynch is pretty much inevitable, this will probably be my last post in this game unless I feel like entertaining your questions a bit more. Cheers!
Well, the current pouting aside, I think I'd happily play with ya again. Also, if you are town, one huge step you could take is to use your vote to try to steer a lynch towards someone you think is mafia. It's really hard to complain people aren't voting for better suspects when you aren't, either.
Done (see my previous post)
EB wrote:--

ATM, I think most of the issues with IKD center on his style/personal issues - being arrogant/sarcastic/pouting. I don't like his theories or his willingness to compromise just to stay alive, but I'm not sure I can specify most of the points against him as SCUM tells. I don't think he's a bad lynch, especially in the face of his complete lack of scum hunting, but I don't think he's the best either.

Dramonic's pre-emptive excuses for mislynches, hawkishness combined with lack of posting and scumhunting, and other comments are much more pro-mafia. I think he's a much better lynch today, but managing to skate under many radars because of his short posts and lack of content.

Zwet, did you switch because you prefer IKD or just to ensure a lynch?
Like I said, I will promise to work at being a better player if I'm still in the game Day 2.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:49 am

Post by havingfitz »

Not sure when I'll have a chance to get on tomorrow and I don't want to miss the vote. I think TFs actions earned enough suspicion to have my vote regardless of the player now in their spot. crazypianist1116 made some good points and seems like a coherent person but I'm still voting for the player formerly known as TF.

Vote: crazypianist1116
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Manzcar
Manzcar
Goon
Manzcar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:56 am

Post by Manzcar »

Okay that whole thing just doesn't feel right to me. I'm not saying IKD should be lynched over dram but that whole flow from IKD to dram just isn't sitting right something very odd. The votes take dram to L-1 securing his lynch for day one.

Zwets again you change your vote to get a lynch. Are you happier with a dram lynch than you would have been with an IKD lynch?

Princess what do you make of this change from IKD to dram? dram same question! Hfitz same question!
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:01 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

Manz, please read the thread. I've said at least three times that I would rather have a dramonic lynch than an IKD lynch.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
purple princess
purple princess
Goon
purple princess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:10 am

Post by purple princess »

manzcar wrote:Princess what do you make of this change from IKD to dram?
Well that happened very quickly, as far as I can see people are very easily swayed right now, not sure if it was because of the deadline so close or for scum reasoning. However I do feel that we should give IKD a fair chance, he has slightly bruised his reputation in this game, I guess all we can do is see if his game play changes on day 2.

Please can no one hammer dramonic untill he has chance to responed, we gave IKD a chance so we should do the same for him.
havingfitz wrote:Not sure when I'll have a chance to get on tomorrow and I don't want to miss the vote. I think TFs actions earned enough suspicion to have my vote regardless of the player now in their spot. crazypianist1116 made some good points and seems like a coherent person but I'm still voting for the player formerly known as TF.
@havingfitz I am unsure we are in the same game, tfrench's last post was on page two, we are now on page 11 and he has now been replaced, has nothing else caught your eye to comment on? Do you think IKD is town? what about the sudden change to dramonic does anyone look scummy to you for changing their vote?
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:17 pm

Post by dramonic »

crazypianist1116 wrote: The points against Dramonic I find much stronger.
First, he voted against pancakes and yet he didn't leave a reason. Note that this was after he worried that Adel was at L-1 (even though Adel wasn't) and said that it was too early for a lynch. Then he votes for Tfrench, also without reason.
I am pretty sure I said already that both those votes were because I found them scummy for attempting a quicklynch.
After answering questions from others about suspicions on him, he votes for imkingdavid citing mainly ElectricBadger's reasons.
And that's a reason to lynch someone?
After this he makes several short posts saying he wants Tfrench lynched. Specifically:
Dramonic wrote:I'm still 100% supporting a Tfrench lynch
I mean if the case pops up, I think his reputting at l-1 was scummy as hell.
So he's 100% supporting a Tfrench lynch yet he's voting for imkingdavid...right. One might think this was all but NO. Dramonic continues barking in his posts for a lynch.
Dramonic wrote:the deadline is close... I'd prefer either a Tfrench or IKD lynch, but if by sunday we're not close to lynching either I'll embark on the highest wagon.

I prefer lynching someone seemingly innocent over not lynching
Scummy much?]
Err... not really no? Both are scummy so I'm on the highest wagon.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:18 pm

Post by dramonic »

Oh, and to answer you Mazcar, I think lynching my wagon will nab the scum.
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:09 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

dramonic wrote:Oh, and to answer you Mazcar, I think lynching my wagon will nab the scum.
Anyone in particular, and for any reason other than OMGUS?
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:29 am

Post by dramonic »

Because I don't believe in more than half the town flipping from A to B on such weak ground

And I'd say Tfrench/Crazypianist and I'm not sure bout the other.
I'm a hoot
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:57 am

Nice defense, dram.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:53 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

~9 Hours to Deadline
Vote Count

dramonic - 4 (ElectricBadger, crazypianist1116, zwetschenwasser, imkingdavid)

imkingdavid - 2 (dramonic, Cirdua)
crazypianist1116 - 1 (havingfitz)

Not Voting - 2 (Manzcar, purple princess)

5 to Lynch.
Deadline
is the end of Tuesday, August 11 (Eastern, GMT - 4).
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:22 pm

YAY! We killing scummalicious!
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by dramonic »

You killing town.
I'm a hoot
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:14 pm

Post by imkingdavid »

dramonic wrote:You killing town
Well less than 1 hour until deadline, so I guess we'll know pretty soon.
Naughty little fly, why does it cry? Caught in a web, Soon you'll be...
eaten!
Cirdua
Cirdua
Goon
Cirdua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:32 am

Post by Cirdua »

I wonder, if Dramonic was lynched the moment of the deadline, but the Day only ends when the mod posts a dead scene, and since night begins when the town kills someone that would mean Dramonic has been hanging there for hours by now, without dying . Which must be very painfull.
AurorusVox: About Cirdua [...] when she comes back [...]
Cirdua: That's
he
, thank you.
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:05 am

Post by crazypianist1116 »

Well it's twilight, which means we're waiting to lynch him.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:01 am

DEATH TO DRAMONIC SCUM
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:53 am

Post by dramonic »

I'm town, as I've said multiple times.
I'm a hoot
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:01 am

Post by imkingdavid »

dramonic wrote:I'm town, as I've said multiple times.
Please note that this is twilight, as deadline has been reached but no death scene has been posted. Note Vel's rule #8.
8. Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; the lynched player may not post during twilight but all other living players may continue to post.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:14 am

Post by dramonic »

ah, sorry, didn't know.
I'm a hoot
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:27 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

Is it just me, or is that an unusual rule? I don't think I've seen it before.

Well, it fits with the "flavor" of Mafia. If you're swinging from a noose, why should you get to talk!?!?!

Anyway, on to the death scene!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:07 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Final Day 1 Vote Count

dramonic - 4 (ElectricBadger, crazypianist1116, zwetschenwasser, imkingdavid)

imkingdavid - 2 (dramonic, Cirdua)
crazypianist1116 - 1 (havingfitz)

Not Voting - 2 (Manzcar, purple princess)

5 to Lynch.
Deadline
is the end of Tuesday, August 11 (Eastern, GMT - 4).

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:09 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Dramonic is determined to be the scummiest member of the Council by his peers, and is turned over to the mob for a good 'ole fashioned lynching! I hope you all can sleep well tonight.

Dramonic,
Townie
, lynched Day 1

Night has begun. Those of you with night actions must submit your choices before Saturday, August 15.

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:14 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

When you find arrive at the Council chambers the next morning to begin day 2's deliberations, you are given news that the local indigents are in an uproar because ElectricBadger's body was dumped in their alley sometime last night and he's beginning to draw flies. Unfortunately, they were all too busy drowning their sorrows to notice who did the dumping.

Oh well, looks like you're going to have to do this the hard way!

ElectricBadger,
Townie
, killed Night 1

Day 2 has begun. With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch. Deadline is the end of Saturday, September 5.

zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:19 am

Good morning folks! It is obvious what needs to be done here.
Vote: ImKingDavid

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”