Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:27 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Hi Nuwen, do you want me to ask or should I wait for someone else?
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:29 am

Post by Nuwen »

I'll let you
writhe and speculate
until I'm done with this cuppa coffee.
So high, so low, so many things to know.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:32 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Alright. I'm already writhing from my cereal, though. It's the last bit, so it's got all the dust in it, which is absolutely terrible, I tell you.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:39 am

Post by Patrick »

I like Goat's observation. Don't think it's quite as strong as he thinks, but it makes me feel better about his alignment.
Lord Gurgi wrote:DDD, as far as I know, it's against site rules to carry grudges from game to game.
What does this have to do with alignment? I don't quite get why you said this.

Unvote: Nuwen
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:41 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Because I have a serious problem, after a few recent games, with people carrying personal vendettas into games.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:47 am

Post by Elmo »

Am behind. Will catch up by tonight. Also, see sig :V
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:54 am

Post by Patrick »

If he's in other games with Spy, that could easily explain why he only reacted against Spy, though I haven't yet checked to see what his problem with him is.

I don't see why you would find the suddeness of his reaction scummy; it came in his next post after Spy voted him, which seems pretty natural. That line of attack seems rather contrived.

Hi Elmo.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:09 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

If you're attacking only particular people out of those attacking you, it's scummy.

If you're attacking only particular people because you have a personal issue with them, I want it to stop.

Either way, it doesn't enamor me with DDD. It seems simple to me. I assumed it was the scum motivation because I think he's scum.

Hi Elmo.

Is anyone else having problems loading mafiascum?
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:13 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

If you're attacking only particular people out of those attacking you, it's scummy.

If you're attacking only particular people because you have a personal issue with them, I want it to stop.

Either way, it doesn't enamor me with DDD. It seems simple to me. I assumed it was the scum motivation because I think he's scum.

Hi Elmo.

Is anyone else having problems loading mafiascum?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:03 am

Post by SpyreX »

New games are new games for a reason.

I've got no beef with 99% of the players on this site on a personal level. Portraying it like such really bothers me.

And yea, in an odd set of meta-land no direct bearing on this game Gurgi knows EXACTLY why I'm very, very sure not to try to offend someone personally soo...
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:35 am

Post by TDC »

Lord Gurgi wrote:TDC: It seemed like you were pushing against it for the sake of doing so should it fail, then when it went too far to stop, you were rushing to get on. It's opportunistic.
How is this related to what colour I have?
What you were saying is that you want to colour claim, because it would shed light on my motives for doing what you describe.
But what you just said is entirely unrelated to whether I'm green or not and it happened BEFORE fl claimed.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:37 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Well I thought you were referring to that since it seems obvious that your colour is related to whether or not you want to lock a colour.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:39 am

Post by TDC »

I can't follow.

We were obviously never going to lock any other floor than the bellhop's floor.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:41 am

Post by TDC »

In fact, BEFORE fl claimed I explicitly said we'd lock the bellhop's floor.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:50 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

I don't even know anymore. I didn't like how it went down. Something didn't smell right, and it still doesn't.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:51 am

Post by TDC »

Seriously, you made at it look as if whether I was suspicious or not depended on my colour, while what you're now saying with the opportunistic-crap (if you look back you will see quite easily that I had initially thought the bellhop would not be able to do his stuff on the locked floor) is actually independent of my colour.
Yet you never brought it up before and don't seem particularly interested in inquiring either. You never asked my WHY I changed my mind.

This suggests to me that you were primarily interested in having a colour claim, and not in actually finding out what alignment I have.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:53 am

Post by TDC »

You didn't like that I followed my own plan and locked the floor fl is own?
Can I look into the future and know what colour fl is going to claim or am I scum with her?
I don't see how that would make sense otherwise.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:09 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

I'm not in the habit of asking people why they do things. It's not productive. Or at least, when I do, it's less to know why they do things than to see if they answer. It wasn't your plan, it was my plan, dang it, and you were saying it wasn't good, and gradually shifted over to support it as everyone else did the same. I never said you were suspicious if you were or weren't green, because there's scum motivations from both perspectives, but if we find out which one you may have, it'll be helpful later. The reason WHY I wanted to have the colour claim before the bellhop claim is that now the scum frigging know what colour to claim to make their stories plausible. The fact that you were fighting that makes me suspicious of you. The fact that you're trying to turn it around on me makes me angry. Had you claimed green or not BEFORE FL had claimed, we might have something, but now it's all moot. Now we can't sort fact from fiction at all. If you are scum, it's in your best interest to have the Bellhop claim before any colour claiming.

Any colour claims we try now are useless, unless you want to gamble on people being evenly distributed amongst the floors. Frigging stuff I was trying to keep down to see if the scum might claim without knowing. Frick.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:13 am

Post by TDC »

So whether I'm green or not, there's scum motivation either way, but I now know which one to claim to make my story plausible.

Right...
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:16 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Yes, but before you know it's green, you don't know what to claim, since you apparently can't see the future. Now you know it's green, you do know what to claim. Everyone does. It's not complex.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:17 am

Post by TDC »

You were suggesting a colour claim would help when we already knew she was on green.

What changed?
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:19 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Like I said, I figured if I kept going, the scum might not realise, but it's not worth keeping up if people aren't going to. You didn't realise, and I had to spell it out, so it might have worked.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:37 am

Post by TDC »

Do you agree that if I was the only one who didn't get your trap and if I'm town, following you and actually doing a colour claim at that point (after fl's colour claim) would've been a bad idea?
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:41 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Yes.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:03 am

Post by Battousai »

Battousai wrote:Also, when I have more time, I'll give my stance on LF's lack of scumhunting to get people to do it instead of focusing on the setup. From what I recall, LF actually did try to scumhunt, but just gave up during the setup discussion. I will have to reread a few pages to confirm though.
After looking at Lf in isolation, I noticed he voted TDC for focusing on the setup and not on the previous wagons. After that, all he did was complain about setup discussion and defending his stance on it, all the while asking people to scumhunt.

Also- LG/TDC: I'm totally lost on what just happened between you.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”