Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:33 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

SpyreX wrote:New games are new games for a reason.

I've got no beef with 99% of the players on this site on a personal level. Portraying it like such really bothers me.

And yea, in an odd set of meta-land no direct bearing on this game Gurgi knows EXACTLY why I'm very, very sure not to try to offend someone personally soo...
It's nothing personal, just some frustration, I'm sure we'll hug it out after the games and be cool.

~~~

It's still been over a week since Zazie posted anything resembling game related content.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:36 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Unvote, vote Lord Gurgi.
???

What does this have to do with alignment? I don't quite get why you said this.

Unvote: Nuwen
???

Also- LG/TDC: I'm totally lost on what just happened between you.
This...
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:53 pm

Post by Elmo »

Hi Patrick. Hi Gurgi.

Cawt up.
Mod
: Are there killing roles which do not require entering a person's room? Does "this includes killing roles" in Special Rules #4 mean that all killing roles require entering a person's room?

Patrick: I figured there was a double standard. I was a little surprised, but I guess it makes sense in retrospect.. I don't really draw a distinction between random voting and slightly-out-of-the-random-stage voting.
TDC wrote:Do we all agree that if there's an unclaimed town bellhop, he needs to move fl to green?
The Bellhop Role PM says "If more than one person tries to move a particular guest to a new floor on the same night, the computer will disregard those commands, the guest will remain unmoved". So, um, no.

We got chronic invitational syndrome. Fitting, but in addition to being busy, I'm terribly uninspired and not really helping. I'm considering saying we shouldn't be lynching Danny, because that wagon's been going for a while, and no-one seems interested in an alternative.. but there's been like half the game voting for someone with only their vote on. We need to wagon a bit. Deadline now scares me, because this will be like the least informative day evah. :?

FL is probably town, yeah. I cannot shake the feeling that PJ is certain to have foreseen the plan and therefore we're (at best) not getting an advantage from it. But I don't know; it's possible he foresaw exactly this, and we're required to do it not to be at a disadvantage. Owell less' find out.
forbiddanlight wrote:
Battousai wrote:Also- LG/TDC: I'm totally lost on what just happened between you.
This...
That.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:06 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

I'm not sure what element of our exchange was confusing.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:46 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

Lord Gurgi wrote:I'm not sure what element of our exchange was confusing.
The part that reads like this: "you didn't want to color claim before the bellhop claim because FL was green lock floor claim actually after the color claim voted you for it was actually before FL's claim but color claim bad actually color claim good if people don't know what I'm talking about but you didn't know so it makes it no longer good FL claimed bellhop lock green."

In other words, I'm confused out of my mind by that interaction as well. It sounds like you voted TDC, but he refuted your vote, but then you had some double nested gambit that makes your vote still viable, etc. A clear and concise summary of events would be excellent.

----------------

At this point, I'm still waiting on Zazie. I want him to explain why he voted DDD. When you voted him, what made you think he was a lurker and worth your vote?
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:55 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

Elmo wrote:
TDC wrote:Do we all agree that if there's an unclaimed town bellhop, he needs to move fl to green?
The Bellhop Role PM says "If more than one person tries to move a particular guest to a new floor on the same night, the computer will disregard those commands, the guest will remain unmoved". So, um, no.
That's the point. If a scum bellhop tries to move FL from the green room, she won't be moved based on that rule, while she can simultaneously move other into the green room. Since we'll almost certainly just be locking whatever floor FL is on each day, this will ensure it stays the green floor, and if FL is succeeding at moving people over, then the scum will start to run out of options for who they can kill as more and more people accumulate on that floor.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:11 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

I didn't vote TDC.

I was pushing for a colour-claim before a Bellhop could claim so that the scum wouldn't alter their claim to fit with the Bellhop's colour. When the Bellhop claimed, that kind of became moot. Since no one was saying anything about it, I figured if I could push it really quickly and get it through, we might just get real claims from people. When TDC started to attack that, and other people started to express dislike for the idea on a whole, it stopped being a good idea to push it, and I kind of exploded in that post about it because the town as a whole just made it harder to get the plan to work smoothly. I spent a few posts explaining this to TDC, and then I admitted that on an individual basis it was a bad idea to follow me, but if we'd all gone along, the scum would've had no other choice.

Seems clear to me.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:22 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

Alright, I understand it now. I also agree that we should have done an early color claim to lock the scum down into colors early.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:25 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Ah, the benefit of hindsight. The Walrus will play a song for you.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:16 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I see what LG is saying.

I don't find either side culpabale at all for this (I am tired though).

I do raise that the not-color claiming does make some townies BP's which could be a huge gain depending.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:09 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Official Day One Vote Count #9

3 - Debonair Danny DiPietro (ZazieR, Lord Gurgi, SpyreX)
2 - ZazieR (Goatrevolt, Debonair Danny DiPietro)
2 - Lord Gurgi (Battousai, Nuwen)
1 - Battousai (Elmo)
1 - LlamaFluff (forbiddanlight)
1 - SpyreX (TDC)
1 - TDC (LlamaFluff)

With
alive, it takes
to lynch and
to lynch at deadline. Deadline is September 1, 10:00 pm CDT.

Not Voting – 1 - Patrick

LOCK COUNT9 - Green (TDC, LlamaFluff, SpyreX, forbiddanlight, Battousai, Debonair Danny DiPietro, Nuwen, Goatrevolt, Lord Gurgi)
0 - Blue
0 - Red
0 - Yellow

Not Locking – 3 – Elmo, Patrick, ZazieR

At nightfall, the floor to be locked is: GREEN

ZazieR has stopped answering his room phone; an ambulance has been summoned and we will deal with this shortly. Thank you for your patience. --The Management
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:53 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Elmo wrote:
We got chronic invitational syndrome. Fitting, but in addition to being busy, I'm terribly uninspired and not really helping. I'm considering saying we shouldn't be lynching Danny, because that wagon's been going for a while, and no-one seems interested in an alternative.. but there's been like half the game voting for someone with only their vote on. We need to wagon a bit. Deadline now scares me, because this will be like the least informative day evah.
Wagon LF. It's likely to pay off ^-^
LG wrote:

I was pushing for a colour-claim before a Bellhop could claim so that the scum wouldn't alter their claim to fit with the Bellhop's colour.
Ok, what advantage would this have?
GR wrote: Alright, I understand it now. I also agree that we should have done an early color claim to lock the scum down into colors early.
Oh, ok, I think I understand now. Yeah...sorry :(
SpyreX wrote:
I do raise that the not-color claiming does make some townies BP's which could be a huge gain depending.
This I agree with.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:54 am

Post by SpyreX »

And now that I think about it IF there was a scum bellhop it'd be impossible to "lock them into colors" soo....

back to the topic at hand.

I'm feelin awful lazy at the moment so Goat:

Why does DDD feel so town?
Show

Proud member of BaM
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:58 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

Gotta run now, but I lay it out in posts 210-214.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:08 am

Post by SpyreX »

You're putting more stock than I would in not being here for the start of the game.

What do you think about Zaz getting replaced?

HOWEVER, there is one point I will give you:

Unvote, Vote: Batt

'Splanin's for chumps.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:27 am

Post by Battousai »

SpyreX wrote:I see what LG is saying.

I don't find either side culpable at all for this (I am tired though).

Sorry, but what is a BP?
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:33 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Sorry, but what is a BP?
Bulletproof

Or would you have preferred SpyreX answer?
-StrangerCoug

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:36 am

Post by SpyreX »

I'm not sure why since thats what I would have said. :P
Show

Proud member of BaM
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:40 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Spy wrote: I'm not sure why since thats what I would have said.
I dunno, but sometimes when I answer questions directed towards other people I get voted...I really don't understand it but yeah :S. It's a strange phenomena.
-StrangerCoug

Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:55 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Right, back to the game. Let's all lynch DDD. I could survive on a LF lynch if I had to.

Nuwen: Finish your coffee yet?
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:01 am

Post by Patrick »

FL wrote:
Patrick wrote:What does this have to do with alignment? I don't quite get why you said this.
Unvote: Nuwen
???
Feel free to say something.

I don't see what's so appealing about wagoning LlamaFluff. His attitude towards breaking setups is at least consistent, and I can empathise with the boredom caused by the setup discussion, so I don't see why he's more likely to be scum.
Elmo wrote:We got chronic invitational syndrome. Fitting, but in addition to being busy, I'm terribly uninspired and not really helping. I'm considering saying we shouldn't be lynching Danny, because that wagon's been going for a while, and no-one seems interested in an alternative.. but there's been like half the game voting for someone with only their vote on. We need to wagon a bit. Deadline now scares me, because this will be like the least informative day evah.
This reads oddly no matter how many times I look at it. It seems like you first say maybe we shouldn't lynch him, then kind of go back on that slightly (though I'm unsure on this), and mention that we need more wagoning, whilst still keeping your random vote on a player with only one vote. Do you think DDD is more/less likely to be scum? If you want a wagon, who's a good choice? Saying nobody seems interested in an alternative seems rather defeatist half way through the day when there have been some other suspicions thrown around. Yes, it's been a weak and dull start, but you don't seem to be scumhunting even in the minimalistic way you sometimes do as bored town. Do you have opinions on alignments other than FL? Eh, I didn't get a good vibe from that post.

TDC: Who are your suspects at the moment?

I'll try to get a better understanding of the argument of TDC/Gurgi later. It was unfortunately pretty impenetrable on my first read.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:34 am

Post by Battousai »

forbiddanlight wrote:

Sorry, but what is a BP?
Bulletproof

Or would you have preferred SpyreX answer?
Nah, I don't think there would have been any other type of answer that would label him as scum, so you are safe. For now.

Ya, I just kept reading that and just didn't understand it. Powerrole, bellhop, broken pelvis, but nothing clicked.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:11 am

Post by ZazieR »

Starting my read now. Please hold.
I'm aiming to be up to date within two hours. I'm a slow analyser ._.
Ignore the ''R''
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:34 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Feel free to say something.

I don't see what's so appealing about wagoning LlamaFluff. His attitude towards breaking setups is at least consistent, and I can empathise with the boredom caused by the setup discussion, so I don't see why he's more likely to be scum.
It's not so much being against broken set ups, it's that he didn't ACTIVELY try to steer us towards a less boring activity to him. It wouldn't have really mattered if he failed, it's basically in my eyes that he doesn't like set up breaking and feels it's detracting from finding scum, and all he does is sit idly til we're done? Not good enough

As for saying something, I'd like to know why
so serious
the Nuwen unvote
-StrangerCoug

ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:55 am

Post by ZazieR »

Meh, will post the complete version tomorrow.
But I saw that some players were wondering about my vote against DDD.

I voted him as most players were joking around during the RVS. So what better way to get out of the RVS with a good healthy bandwagon. As there hadn't been anything scummy yet, I went with the bandwagon of a player who at least had shown anti-town behaviour.
Ignore the ''R''

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”