Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:09 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

Hi

We have 10 days untill deadline

TDC still has not done any noticeable scum hunting.

He seems like he might see LG as suspicious for OMGUS mostly, or maybe DDD. There does seem to be an attempt to stop having Goat call DDD town though. Like this
TDC wrote:So basically, DDD is town for something that can easily be faked and because Zazie and Batt are scum?
TDC wrote:I understand that and it would be decent argument if they were dead scum.
Where I can't follow is how you're so sure about them both being scum that you base your read on another player on it and want to stop the wagon on him.
Do you think your argument would still make sense if only one of Zazie/Batt was scum?
Yeah no scumhunting really. This is as close as it gets.

Thats about it from him so far if we ignore setup speculation. Still like my vote. Will do a more close read of the last few pages later today.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:22 am

Post by Battousai »

The problem I have with you, LF, is the same as FL. You did not try to scumhunt while everyone was doing setup speculation, and instead tried to get others to scumhunt (TDC). Did you just not see anything scummy?
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:23 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

ZazieR wrote:As there hadn't been anything scummy yet, I went with the bandwagon of a player who at least had shown anti-town behaviour.
What anti-town behavior?
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:30 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

Battousai wrote:The problem I have with you, LF, is the same as FL. You did not try to scumhunt while everyone was doing setup speculation, and instead tried to get others to scumhunt (TDC). Did you just not see anything scummy?
We basically had a small RVS stage, and then we went off into speculation. I basically could either vote someone off a random stage movement, for not acknowledging anything that happened in the RVS, or vote someone that I didnt agree with on their theory.

There was nothing really scummy in the RVS to me, it moved before I really thought it was over, so I just tried to get on someone who never even was a part of it. Then just got met with things like this
TDC wrote:Felt more important to speak out against the colour claim than comment on what looks like a normal D1 wagon. Not sure what the "other scumhunting attempts" you refer to are supposed to be.
TDC wrote:
LlamaFluff wrote:So any thought on anything apart from breaking the game yet?
This is the exact same question I ask myself before posting, so it's not going to work wonders. If you have anything specific in mind, just ask about that.
Kind of disheartening to get shot down twice with "leave me alone" type responses.
Co-host of The USL Show
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:44 am

Post by TDC »

Patrick wrote:TDC: Who are your suspects at the moment?
Meh, I still don't dig Gurgi's plan, but it all fits together. Don't really have anything better. Interested in what Zazie will have in the promised post, though.
Who are your suspects?

LlamaFluff: Okay, let me get this straight. You think other than me not finding anything particularly scummy, nothing particularly scummy happened. Brilliant. I wish I could pull that kind of stuff, too.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:47 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Official Day One Vote Count #10

2 - Debonair Danny DiPietro (ZazieR, Lord Gurgi)
2 - ZazieR (Goatrevolt, Debonair Danny DiPietro)
2 - Lord Gurgi (Battousai, Nuwen)
2 - Battousai (Elmo SpyreX)
1 - LlamaFluff (forbiddanlight)
1 - SpyreX (TDC)
1 - TDC (LlamaFluff)

With
alive, it takes
to lynch and
to lynch at deadline. Deadline is September 1, 10:00 pm CDT.

Not Voting – 1 - Patrick

LOCK COUNT9 - Green (TDC, LlamaFluff, SpyreX, forbiddanlight, Battousai, Debonair Danny DiPietro, Nuwen, Goatrevolt, Lord Gurgi)
0 - Blue
0 - Red
0 - Yellow

Not Locking – 3 – Elmo, Patrick, ZazieR

At nightfall, the floor to be locked is: GREEN
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:08 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

TDC wrote:LlamaFluff: Okay, let me get this straight. You think other than me not finding anything particularly scummy, nothing particularly scummy happened. Brilliant. I wish I could pull that kind of stuff, too.
So who is scummy? I dont think you have addressed that in this game yet.
Co-host of The USL Show
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:09 am

Post by Patrick »

FL wrote:As for saying something, I'd like to know why so serious the Nuwen unvote
Just didn't find her scummy anymore.
TDC wrote:Meh, I still don't dig Gurgi's plan, but it all fits together. Don't really have anything better. Interested in what Zazie will have in the promised post, though.
Who are your suspects?
Elmo is one I'm considering, dependant on his next few posts. I have a few bad vibes from you because you don't seem curious about alignments and maybe Gurgi for his overreaching attack on DDD though the rest of his play looks fine to me. I'm slightly suspect of the Zazier's disappearance, but it seems minor and not really worth a wagon.

I'm a little surprised that "lack of scumhunting" is being thrown around a fair bit with no mention of Elmo's name. Is there any particular reason for that? (Not addressed to TDC in particular)
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:19 am

Post by TDC »

LlamaFluff wrote:
TDC wrote:LlamaFluff: Okay, let me get this straight. You think other than
me not finding anything particularly scummy
, nothing particularly scummy happened. Brilliant. I wish I could pull that kind of stuff, too.
So who is scummy? I dont think you have addressed that in this game yet.
The point was not that the impression that I don't really have suspects was wrong, the point is that you seem to be sitting in the same boat, but pretend you aren't by voting the guy that sits across the bench.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:23 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Elmo, Post 252 wrote:Are there killing roles which do not require entering a person's room? Does "this includes killing roles" in Special Rules #4 mean that all killing roles require entering a person's room?
“Let us look at the West Wall:”
West Wall, Clarifications wrote:
4.)
If a player is in a locked floor (or in a locked room), they cannot take any actions which require them to leave their room
(this includes killing roles)
that night. If a player is on a locked floor (or in a locked room), they cannot be targeted by actions which require their door to be opened
(this includes killing roles)
that night.*
*Underlines added for emphasis.

“An ordinary killing role with no other powers will be unable to even successfully target a player who is in locked room or on a locked Floor. However, there may be mechanics or abilities that allow players doors or Floors to become temporarily unlocked such that a killing role will be able to target a player precisely
because
a room or Floor is no longer locked.

“In other words, a player in a locked room is safe unless a power exists which makes them not safe. For the record, though,
I
can kill any player at any time regardless of whether they are on a locked Floor, but I have graciously decided to not take part in this game unless necessary.

"Also, as an incentive to move this day along, if there is a lynch before the next vote count, then all living guests will be treated to raspberry pie and vanilla ice cream. This will have no effects on the game, of course, but I trust it will be scrumptious."

Note: Additional clarifications have been added to the West Wall, specifically clarifications #6 and #7.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:55 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Patrick wrote:
Just didn't find her scummy anymore.
I have two impulses here. The desire for information you've been incredibly cagy about makes me want you to elaborate or I'll vote.

The other impulse is I don't like seeing thought processes behind how you clear someone town because then it becomes invalid in the future.

I will have to ruminate...
PJ wrote:
"Also, as an incentive to move this day along, if there is a lynch before the next vote count, then all living guests will be treated to raspberry pie and vanilla ice cream. This will have no effects on the game, of course, but I trust it will be scrumptious."
Can I have strawberry ice cream?
Patrick wrote:
I'm a little surprised that "lack of scumhunting" is being thrown around a fair bit with no mention of Elmo's name. Is there any particular reason for that? (Not addressed to TDC in particular)
My tendency to tunnel for me...I actually haven't really noticed Elmo.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:45 am

Post by SpyreX »

I'm not down with shameless bandwagon votes.

Unvote, Vote: Zazier

You better get something moving in real quick thar'.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:10 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

You didn't seem to have a problem with Gurgi's shameless bandwagon vote on DDD earlier.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:15 am

Post by SpyreX »

I didn't think it was?
LG wrote:I don't think DDD's reaction to SpyreX is town. I'm surprised that PJ/Flay hasn't stepped in yet.
That compared to:
Zaz wrote: I voted him as most players were joking around during the RVS. So what better way to get out of the RVS with a good healthy bandwagon. As there hadn't been anything scummy yet, I went with the bandwagon of a player who at least had shown anti-town behaviour.
LG has a STANCE. Bandwagons for the of bandwagons is up there with "lol, reactions" voting.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:29 am

Post by Battousai »

LlamaFluff wrote:
Battousai wrote:The problem I have with you, LF, is the same as FL. You did not try to scumhunt while everyone was doing setup speculation, and instead tried to get others to scumhunt (TDC). Did you just not see anything scummy?
There was nothing really scummy in the RVS to me, it moved before I really thought it was over, so I just tried to get on someone who never even was a part of it.
So, what kind of scumhunting did you expect others to do then?
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:29 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

SpyreX wrote:LG has a STANCE. Bandwagons for the of bandwagons is up there with "lol, reactions" voting.
I meant on page 2. Post 34.

LG was basically bandwagoning for the sake of bandwagoning and later clarified his vote as a "lol, reactions" vote. You posted immediately afterward but didn't attack it.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:33 am

Post by SpyreX »

Huh. I absolutely missed that.

Where does he lol, reactions define it? I saw the quote from above - is there also the other?
Show

Proud member of BaM
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:02 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Goat, you know as well as I do that on page two, random bandwagoning and lol reactions is the pinnacle of scumhunting. If someone doesn't do it, we sit around in a circle staring attentively at eachother's faces. I've since provided more explanation. I'm not sure if you're calling me out for something I did, or if you're attacking SpyreX, and the ambiguity bothers me.

At the same time, SpyreX, ZazieR was explaining actions from more than a week ago. Since he's rereading now, at least give him a chance to get a stance, or change his vote. I don't like how you jump on the person that's least able to defend themselves.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:09 am

Post by SpyreX »

If they get caught up and start participating and there is something more to it then we'll see.

The fact it was a shameless bandwagon that they posted as such and stayed on bothers me.

Now, if a Zaz wagon starts flaming across the stratosphere towards lynch BEFORE anything is said that is a different matter entirely.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:11 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Why not give him a chance to do things naturally first?
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:12 am

Post by SpyreX »

How does my vote alter a natural pacing of things?

Further, if one's justification for a vote is a bandwagon that you post while catching up wouldn't a natural response be to remove it or justify it at this juncture?
Show

Proud member of BaM
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:14 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Normally, he might choose to just stay on it without explanation or offer the explanation himself. If you say that he must explain immediately or you'll wagon him to death, guess which he'll choose.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:19 am

Post by SpyreX »

Hopefully to explain himself?

As an aside that I don't want to lose - I placed a vote on Bat with minimal reasoning (even actively saying explanations are for chumps) and he's posted and never said anything about it.

Back to this discourse though - why are you saying something about this versus letting Zaz naturally come to conclusions? If the idea is I've altered the natural progression of catching up aren't you doing the same by challenging this before he posts?
Show

Proud member of BaM
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:27 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

I suppose, if you don't think that once it's unnatural, anything more is moot.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:30 am

Post by SpyreX »

Thats not what I'm getting at exactly. Saying I've altered the natural course of events in such a fashion alters them even moreso. Which is even odder because I think a vote after said shenanigans is fairly natural. :P

Although, overall I'm fine with this conversation because this game needs a swift kick to get some movement done before we start getting deadlineitis.
Show

Proud member of BaM

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”