Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:33 am

Post by Battousai »

I think Looker should be killed. It is like Looker has been inactive this entire time. Anything that was said by Looker has to be looked at as null (a reason to lie about it perhaps).
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:46 am

Post by don_johnson »

Kmd4390 wrote:For starters, he wants Molest modkilled pretty badly.
and what is wrong with that? townies very rarely get a chance to affect a game in such a way. gaining information without lynching is a bonus as i see it. also, how is putting in a request = "wanting it pretty badly". i am simply trying to get some information in this thread mod confirmed in order to better understand the game. molest claimed post restriction. well, do you still believe him? wouldn't some sort of mod confirmation be helpful in this instance, even if it is a mod-kill?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:01 am

Post by Iecerint »

DJ:
The Mod wrote:20* A modkill will end the day. However, if the modkill is used for strategic reasons, one player on your side will get punished.
I'm not sure whether "strategic reasons" apply, but it is at any rate clear that the modkill will end the day. I mention as much because it sounds like you think it won't ("gaining information without lynching").
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:57 pm

Post by Looker »

Bat's Post 1042 - You want to lynch me because you don't have a read on me? How is your illiteracy a scumtell on my part?

And I don't know what the second part means, the partners part. What do you mean?
Battousai wrote:Reasons to lynch Looker:

No reliable read up to page 42.
Isn't reading the game, so not so helpful.
Could be lieing about it

Reasons not to lynch Looker:

If Looker was scum, scum partners would have sent pm's informing her in talk.

Unvote
Vote: Looker

Needs to be lynched... today.
Bat's Post 1050 - The part about nulling me - Why? Why does everything I say/said have to be nulled?
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:01 pm

Post by Iecerint »

It has to be nulled because you (allegedly) have no idea whether you are town or scum. Hence, everything you have said is null with regard to your alignment.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:04 pm

Post by Looker »

O, with regard to my alignment. Okay, because I was about to say, I've been playing under the presumption of town this whole time so I'd hate for THAT to go down the drain.

::watches Greg::
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:07 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Batt makes a good point that your hypothetical scumbuddies would have let you know that you're scum, though. So if you're scum, you almost certainly know about it. This is all a bit beside-the-point, because if you're scum this is probably all a fabrication, anyway.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:10 pm

Post by Looker »

But that doesn't make sense. You're not allowed to pm outside of games about ongoing games. am i right?
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:21 pm

Post by Battousai »

At night.... "So who do you think we should kill?" -Scum 1

"I dunno. I didn't even know I was scum until now."-Looker

Like that.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:18 pm

Post by Looker »

Lol, I like your sense of humor, and that also brings up a good point. I haven't receive any pms or anything like that so far so I guess I'm in the clear. The only thing I'm worried about is what somebody brought up earlier. It was along the lines of "What if you're a power role?" and didn't do anything last night. That's the only thing tempting me to read as of right now. But that's funny, Batt, that really brightened up my day. I wish Tenchi were here
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:20 pm

Post by Looker »

Crap. Sorry, Batt, misread your post. I read the last sentence as "
I
like that" as opposed to "Like that." :oops:
Gregory
Gregory
Goon
Gregory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:14 am

Post by Gregory »

molestargazer wrote: Guy-who-wants-me-dead seemed pretty pro-town prior to his attempt to get me modkilled.
Are you serious? The only thing he did was hammering without reason, and he said he doesn't want to scumhunt. How can you call that pro-town?

lynching Looker would allmost be the same as a random lynch. We know nothing of her, unless she fakes the situation.

::watches looker::
Death solves all problems - no man, no problem.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:25 am

Post by don_johnson »

you said your case on me was bad. are you now upgrading it to slightly mediocre?

can we lynch this guy already? all he's going to do is kill someone at night and say he didn't mean to do it.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:38 am

Post by Battousai »

Gregory wrote:
molestargazer wrote: Guy-who-wants-me-dead seemed pretty pro-town prior to his attempt to get me modkilled.
Are you serious? The only thing he did was hammering without reason, and he said he doesn't want to scumhunt. How can you call that pro-town?

lynching Looker would all most be the same as a random lynch. We know nothing of her, unless she fakes the situation.

::watches looker::

Tell me, do you want someone near lylo that would be a... "random lynch."
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:53 am

Post by Iecerint »

I think that's a really bad argument, Batt. You should always lynch genuinely scummy players over random lynches. If you want to lynch Looker, you should do so because you think he's lying about being unaware of his alignment. If he is genuinely unaware of his alignment, he is more likely to be town. Another problem with lynching Looker is that if he turns up town we get no new information from it whatsoever, as he's unlikely to've lied about not knowing his alignment if he is town.

DJ, I think the points Greg has listed are worth considering. You've already explained them both, but that doesn't mean they should be taken off the table.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:13 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

don_johnson wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:For starters, he wants Molest modkilled pretty badly.
and what is wrong with that? townies very rarely get a chance to affect a game in such a way. gaining information without lynching is a bonus as i see it. also, how is putting in a request = "wanting it pretty badly". i am simply trying to get some information in this thread mod confirmed in order to better understand the game. molest claimed post restriction. well, do you still believe him? wouldn't some sort of mod confirmation be helpful in this instance, even if it is a mod-kill?
But it ends the day, so we still don't get our lynch. And you keep pushing it, so I think you want it pretty badly. Am I wrong?
Iecerint wrote:Batt makes a good point that your hypothetical scumbuddies would have let you know that you're scum, though. So if you're scum, you almost certainly know about it. This is all a bit beside-the-point, because if you're scum this is probably all a fabrication, anyway.
Zazie would give scum a QT, but would probably send a PM requesting night actions that Looker may or may not have seen[/ModWIFOM].
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:25 am

Post by don_johnson »

i didn't say greg's points should be taken off the table, i am just pointing out that greg admitted his case was crap, but then attacks mole for basically agreeing with the fact that the case on me was crap.

kmd: no. a warning would suffice, but a modkill would certainly net us some information. i was unaware that a modkill ended the day. the only game i have been in with modkills was one where they didn't end the day unless they were scum. so whatever. i would like some sort of clarification from the mod, however, to determine whether or not mole has been lieing to us or telling the truth. don't you want to know whether someone has been faking a post restriction or not? and if it required a mod kill to verify the info, wouldn't that be a small price to pay for the truth? obviously not if he's a town pr, but you can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs.

i don't think it is a good idea to clear looker based on something he is saying that can in no way be confirmed.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:36 am

Post by Iecerint »

^ If that last sentence is directed at me, I'd like to clarify that I am not clearing Looker. Rather, I am suggesting that lynching Looker while accepting his story about not knowing his alignment would be silly. It seemed like that was Batt's position, as Looker is only a "random lynch" if we believe his story.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:02 am

Post by don_johnson »

batt has had some of the owrst positions of the day. he seems rather worthless imo. i'd lynch batt.

that last sentence was for the general public. i don't think its a good idea to clear looker based on what he said.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:40 am

Post by Looker »

Greg's Post 1061 - Lol, unless I fake it? Well, either way, I have a question for you. Do you believe anti-town and scummy are synonymous?

DJ's Post 1066 - Nothing in this game can be confirmed, which is why it breeds so much paranoia.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:12 pm

Post by Battousai »

don_johnson wrote:he seems rather worthless imo.
No, you!
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:22 pm

Post by Battousai »

Personally, I rather not play with someone who attempts to cheat (which I find not looking at your role to be). But if Looker agrees to look at the role pm and give us some flavor from it, I will drop that issue for this game.

Now tell me, if Looker decides to continue not looking at her role, when do you propose we lynch her? When she does something scummy? Guess what, she can't do any thing scummy as everything she does will be null. Tell me, if the game goes to a 3 way endgame between you, Looker, and someone you find somewhat scummy, who would you lynch? Personally, I think it would be a 50/50 for town to win in that setup. So, it is best for town to get rid of this hindrance early in the game, before it can do any more harm.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:24 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Lynching scummy players gives us information. Lynching Looker doesn't (unless he's scum and lying about not knowing his role). So we should prefer to lynch scummy players assuming that they exist so that town will gain information about other players' alignment. It's possible, if remote, that Looker's alignment will ultimately be determinable by process of elimination.

I would strongly encourage Looker to play to win. If he's telling the truth about not knowing his alignment, he's probably town, so this means looking at his role and playing according to it.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:32 pm

Post by Looker »

Batt's Post 1071 - If the person's scummy to you, why not lynch them beforehand? Why the distraction?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:40 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Unvote, Vote Looker

This lynch has to happen. I've decided on that.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”