Newbie 810 - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:11 pm

Post by KittyMo »

ronnieroo wrote:To clear this up, I do NOT currently find KittyMo most suspicous, at this moment she's in my bottom two.

Secondly, I thought she was overplaying innocence on day one. I don't think she is anymore, and I never said I still did. She was worth investigating on day one.

@KeyBlade, ok I've noticed I've gone from obviously town to 99% sure mafia. I find it odd that you've thought I was town the whole game, and now after role claiming a town role you think I'm mafia. What has caused you to change your mind? The unlikly hood of it happening changed your mind?
Okay, that makes sense. Thank you for clearing that up. I tend to fail on Day 1 a lot...I've been mislynched for being an idiot before too. =/ I'll just have to keep trying til I figure that out, I guess.

And that's also a good question for Keyblade. I think he is scum. But I am wondering if his sudden switch on ronnie is going for an opportunistic mislynch, a bussing attempt, or if he really feels that strongly about her claim.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:13 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Forgot to add on:
If anyone thinks I am posting too much, kindly tell me to shut up, and I'll do it. :) I personally want to hear more from...well, all of you, but particularly BlueRaven.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:35 am

Post by geekalicious »

ronnieroo wrote:To clear this up, I do NOT currently find KittyMo most suspicous, at this moment she's in my bottom two.

Secondly, I thought she was overplaying innocence on day one. I don't think she is anymore, and I never said I still did. She was worth investigating on day one.

@KeyBlade, ok I've noticed I've gone from obviously town to 99% sure mafia. I find it odd that you've thought I was town the whole game, and now after role claiming a town role you think I'm mafia. What has caused you to change your mind? The unlikly hood of it happening changed your mind?
I'm still kind of confused on what constitutes "overplaying innocence".... Can you give an example or two, ronnieroo?

The second part of your post is a good thought. I notice that he did say in reference to you
12Keyblade wrote:By the slight, itty bitty chance you're town, I don't want a scum quickhammer.
which implies that he thinks you're complete scum. And in reference to KittyMo he said
12Keyblade wrote:You are scummy because I find your case on me to be full of holes.
which just strikes me wrong because it reaks of "OMGUS suspicion" just because she's launched a case against him. If we pull up the last version of the Scum-O-Meter from page 27, here's what we have:
12Keyblade wrote:New New Scum-O-Meter

Town

KittyMo (2)
ronnieroo (3)
Riddle (3.5)
BlueRaven (4)
Raskol (5)
geekalicious (7)

Scum
Obviously, he's found me lynchworthy for some time, so I'm really not seeing how just ronnieroo's claim would be enough to push her to my level of scumminess in 12Keyblade's mind.
KittyMo wrote:Forgot to add on:
If anyone thinks I am posting too much, kindly tell me to shut up, and I'll do it. I personally want to hear more from...well, all of you, but particularly BlueRaven.
A player helping drive discussion is fine with me. The start of a new semester has been slicing into my mafia game time....
You're just jealous 'cause my geekshake brings all the nerds to the yard.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:21 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Official Vote Count

Not Voting - 5 (12Keyblade, BlueRaven, geekalicious, KittyMo, ronnieroo)

3 to Lynch.
Deadline
is the end of Tuesday, September 1.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:46 am

Post by KittyMo »

Well, here's a chart about activity levels:
[mrow]Player[col]Posts / Day[col]100's of Chars / Day[col]12Keyblade[col]2.3[col]4.8[col]BlueRaven[col]1.3[col]1.8[col]Geekalicious[col]1.9[col]7.89[col]KittyMo[col]2.6[col]8.6[col]Ronnieroo[col].7[col]2.7[col]

Conclusion: Don't try this at home. It takes too long. =/ Idk, it's just something to think about.

"plz don't swear" -- N
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:07 am

Post by geekalicious »

Hm, rather interesting chart, KittyMo. How did you go through the posts to compose the chart? Seems like a lot of work unless you coded up a program to automate the process. And how did you get it to do the chart formatting in the BBcode?

Now, going through and multiplying out both columns that you gave produced a third column that seems to be a nice meaure of overall activity level:

Posts*100's of Chars / Day^2
12Keyblade 11.04
BlueRaven 2.34
Geekalicious 14.99
KittyMo 22.36
Ronnieroo 1.89

This basically enables us to see that the most content on average has been posted by KittyMo, followed by me, then 12Keyblade, then a huge drop in activity down to BlueRaven, and finally hitting ronnieroo. Hm.....

As far as overall game thoughts are concerned, I'm bothered by the fact that 12Keyblade still hasn't posted a revised Scum-O-Meter. As the deadline approaches, I'm seeing him as our best Day 3 lynch (as I've shown through a number of posts I've made on him that I'll pull up if asked). While ronnieroo's claim still bothers me, 12Keyblade's behavior overall is scummier.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:28 am

Post by KittyMo »

geekalicious wrote:Hm, rather interesting chart, KittyMo. How did you go through the posts to compose the chart? Seems like a lot of work unless you coded up a program to automate the process. And how did you get it to do the chart formatting in the BBcode?
I saw some guy in another game do it (in the game I was complaining about being too long earlier), and I wanted to see how he did it. I ended up copy-pasting every single thing everyone said, which did take a while, but at least it familiarised me more with the thread. I just copy-pasted his chart columns and edited the data, but I see that there is a Table button that gives the table code. I should PM him sometime and ask if he has some program to do it, because there's gotta be a faster way to do it...lol. I was already about halfway through when I realized how loooong it was going to take, so I wasn't about to stop there.

------------------

Ya know, maybe everyone should give an updated scum-o-meter, unless they can link to a post where they gave one and their reads are unchanged. I definitely one updated ones from 12Keyblade and BlueRaven, because their reads on people seem to have changed a lot recently. I'm going to work on making another one, but I have to go do stuff in other games first.

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:15 am

Post by KittyMo »

EBWOP:
I definitely
want
updated ones from [blah blah blah]

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:48 am

Post by KittyMo »

Prods on 12Keyblade, BlueRaven, and ronnieroo, please.
We can't let lurking slide when we're 6 days from the deadline.

"plz don't swear" -- N
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:15 pm

Post by ronnieroo »

I apologize. School started for me recently, so I haven't been able to check in.

Order of my suspect list:
12KeyBlade: Spammy play style, sudden change of opinon based on my role claim, Active lurking, no defense.
BlueRaven: I am unable to get a read on him. Posts have no content... it worries me.
Geekalicous: General playstyle concerns me abit. Other then that nothing much.
KittyMo: Not really suspicous of her. Acts very pro-town. If you're mafia you're doing a good job acting like town, if you're town you're helpful.
Reads are prone to change.
BlueRaven
BlueRaven
Goon
BlueRaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Post by BlueRaven »

im sorry and i realy am, one of my family members has had an accident and my parants and i are now going up to london to see them. I'll be away for the next few days unfortunitally. If you realy want to lynch me do so and lose.

V/LA till sunday 30th.
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:06 pm

Post by geekalicious »

KittyMo wrote:Ya know, maybe everyone should give an updated scum-o-meter, unless they can link to a post where they gave one and their reads are unchanged. I definitely one updated ones from 12Keyblade and BlueRaven, because their reads on people seem to have changed a lot recently. I'm going to work on making another one, but I have to go do stuff in other games first.
Alright, I can do that:

Paradisio
KittyMo - Has been rather pro-town the whole game

Purgatorio
BlueRaven - Lots of lurking and constantly pulling the n00b card. Not sure at this point whether he's just a newbie or scum.

Inferno
12Keyblade - I've said why I'm suspicious of him many times
ronnieroo - Overall lurkerish behavior coupled with a hard to swallow claim just isn't striking me right
BlueRaven wrote:im sorry and i realy am, one of my family members has had an accident and my parants and i are now going up to london to see them. I'll be away for the next few days unfortunitally. If you realy want to lynch me do so and lose.
Hope things go well for your family member BlueRaven.

The fact 12Keyblade hasn't posted is just starting to get ridiculous. I'm ready to vote for him at this point with the deadline so close. I'm kind of confused when the appropriate time to vote during LyLo is, though...
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:54 pm

Post by KittyMo »

I will not be quoting during this post. Sorry...

@ Ronnie, regarding your last post:
1) What content would you like BlueRaven to post?
2) What concerns you about Geek's playstyle?

@ BlueRaven:
(((((Hugs)))))) - that's tough. Hope all goes well. Remember to answer my questions when you're back, though. :)

@ Geekalicious, regarding "when the appropriate time to vote during LyLo is":
Well, here's one game I was in; the link starts at 5-person LyLo that I think went at a pretty good, quick voting pace: (Pads and MiteyMouse are scum; me, Mane, and xxFabianxx are town)
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 38#1614638
[By the way, the reason I sound like an idiot is because that was my first game. :oops: ]

I would give you an example of the game I lost 5-person LyLo in, but our Mod took the deadline off so we ended up staying in LyLo for more than a month, so it's a bad example.

Pretty much, you want to vote when you can't be convinced otherwise that someone isn't scum, because if you're wrong, then the real scum can jump in and win. I'm always a total scaredy-cat about voting in LyLo. =O

--------------------------------

I have been neglecting my other games, so I need to go work on those, but I'll throw in a quick scum-o-meter (it's changed upon rereads):
Town to Scum:
Geekalicious - Played a pretty strong game. Committed a few scum tells, but that's normal for a first time player.
ronnieroo - Playing pretty well. Could comment on things more often and more specifically. My gut is telling me that she's scum, though, but I'm not sure whether I should listen to my gut... And the more I think about her claim, the less sure I am about it...
BlueRaven - I've caught him in a few lies lately, and a lot of his recent posts rub me the wrong way. His lack of talking about who he is suspicious of would allow him as scum to change them pretty much at will, and he always pops in and comments "uhhh I don't think the discussion is getting very far" without adding to it, which is not only irritating but is scummy.
12Keyblade - See huge case a few pages back. Both our ICs thought he was scummy, and he's just committed too many scumtells for it to be a coincidence. If he's not scum, he's a VERY overeager, anti-town townie.

Seriously, though, I need to go post in my other games. I like this one better, I guess, because I've been playing in it the longest.

Mod: Cancel prods on BlueRaven and ronnie, but we seriously need one on Keyblade. Also, BlueRaven forgot to bold that he was V/LA til the 30th, so keep that in mind. Thanks VRK! :)

"plz don't swear" -- N
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:39 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Sorry guys, I had to go to Florida unexpectedly. My dad's going into the hospital for surgery. I'll try to get to Modding sometime today (Friday).

Vel

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:22 am

Post by geekalicious »

KittyMo wrote:Pretty much, you want to vote when you can't be convinced otherwise that someone isn't scum, because if you're wrong, then the real scum can jump in and win. I'm always a total scaredy-cat about voting in LyLo. =O
*thinks* This late in the Day with the deadline pressing close, I really don't think I can be convinced that 12Keyblade isn't scum. He's had way too many scum tells for me at this point.

*prays this doesn't lead to scum hammer*
Vote: 12Keyblade
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:30 am

Post by KittyMo »

The fact that no one else has voted probably means that (from my perspective):
A) At least one of you and 12Keyblade is scum.
B) Ronnieroo and BlueRaven are our scum and just haven't gotten a chance to vote yet.

I'd like to hear a bit more from ronnie and Keyblade before voting, and perhaps BlueRaven if he gets the chance, but I don't really see myself voting for anyone besides Keyblade, unless something drastic happens.

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:43 am

Post by KittyMo »

Oh, and I hope all goes well for your dad, VRK. ((((hugs))))

Wait...I have an idea. Let's not hammer Keyblade until BlueRaven is back. I want to see what he has to say about it.

"plz don't swear" -- N
12Keyblade
12Keyblade
Goon
12Keyblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:37 am

Post by 12Keyblade »

Oh my god guys, so sorry. School kills. Seriously.

Content shortly following.
Join the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13797]Fluxx Tournament![/url]

[i]"Then I shall make you see... that your hopes are nothing! Nothing but a mere illusion!"[/i]
12Keyblade
12Keyblade
Goon
12Keyblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:48 am

Post by 12Keyblade »

KittyMo wrote:
12Keyblade wrote:
KittyMo wrote: He starts off the game in a fairly normal manner, until this post, where he begins buddying ronnieroo
ORLY? How so? By being helpful and answering my own questions?)
Saying "I like you!" in that manner is blatant buddying.

I apoligize. There is more to the game than just blatant killing, and I believe in being pleasant and playing like this was real life, talking to people face to face.

12Keyblade wrote:
KittyMo wrote: and states that his playstyle consists of careful thinking and interrogation. (Has anyone noticed this being his playstyle? I sure haven't...)
Good catch!
Yeah. I know. o.O
12Keyblade wrote:
KittyMo wrote: After FOSing TFGM, Keyblade then makes this post that reeks of scumminess. It's incredibly non-commital and insincere, like he's waiting for other people to decide if they find it scummy before he decides how he feels about it.
What the heck???
>_> Saying "what the heck?" doesn't really mean anything. If you have a counter-argument or a more specific question, we can further discuss this.

OK then: Please explain, in detail, how this is scummy. I do not understand what you are telling me.

12Keyblade wrote:
KittyMo wrote: Pretty soon afterwards, he points out here that I supposedly cop-breadcrumbed, which is very much anti-town, which ends up leading to an awkward response from ronnieroo, which is probably the reason why the roleblocker roleblocked ronnie. (Assuming she's the cop, of course.)
It's what I do. If you're going to breadcrumb, do it better.
Hahaha. Funny. Trying to blame me for your anti-town actions. All I did was type in the word "investigation", realized it sounded like a cop-breadcrumb, but left it in hopes of redirecting the nightkill. I didn't go out and say that a long time ago because then that would've been a softclaim, which is baaaad. Also, "It's what I do" is a horrible defense for acting antitown.
Keyblade wrote:
KittyMo wrote: He also lies here about how I marked the word investigation with quotes.
Accident! Honest!
You sure "accidentally" do things a lot. Why didn't you respond to this a long time ago, back when Zach originally asked?

I thought I had?

12Keyblade wrote:
KittyMo wrote: Start of Day 2, he does more active lurking. (Though, that is partially my fault...but still, this guy active lurks way way way too much.)
How is it your fault?
Because I was active lurking for part of it too, having a conversation with you about Harry Potter... However, my point still stands that I have never seen someone active lurk this much that hasn't been scum.

See point on my "buddying up to ronnie"

12Keyblade wrote:
KittyMo wrote: In fact, that's what he does most of the first half of Day 2. Most noteworthy post is here, where not only is he active lurking, but he buddies Geek in the same post. o.O
(Not buddying. MErely commenting.)
Yeah, you totally said without any buddying motive "You are so my favorite in this game!" I find that unlikely.

See point on "buddying ronnieroo"

Okay, so you commented against about half my case. But you left another half of it totally alone. I disagree that it was a failed case. It's certainly not the best case I've ever made, but quite a few of my points do stand. However, I think we need to clear up the situation with Ronnie first before coming back to this.
KittyMo wrote:
12Keyblade wrote: You are scummy because I find your case on me to be full of holes.
Okay. Might wanna update your scum-o-meter then...probably on everyone, since your reads on people seem to have drastically changed. Reasons this time, please.
Town

BlueRaven--Doesn't post much content, is hard to get a read on.
KittyMo--Case on me is incorrect.
geekalicious--See multiple previous cases.
ronnieroo--Cop claim is incredibly implausible, and posts two lines at a time.

Yes.
KittyMo wrote:Forgot to add on:
If anyone thinks I am posting too much, kindly tell me to shut up, and I'll do it. :) I personally want to hear more from...well, all of you, but particularly BlueRaven.
No, this is good! [/notbuddying]
BlueRaven wrote:im sorry and i realy am, one of my family members has had an accident and my parants and i are now going up to london to see them. I'll be away for the next few days unfortunitally. If you realy want to lynch me do so and lose.

V/LA till sunday 30th.
Oh gosh, I'm so sorry.

Vote: ronnieroo.

Seriously? A cop with no results? No. That's bad. I mean, if you're gonna fakeclaim, do it better pls. Give an innocent on your scumbuddy or SOMETHING!
Join the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13797]Fluxx Tournament![/url]

[i]"Then I shall make you see... that your hopes are nothing! Nothing but a mere illusion!"[/i]
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:16 am

Post by geekalicious »

12Keyblade, you've been tunneling in on me for a decent chunk of the game and now suddenly you're going after ronnieroo with a vote (when we're in lylo, I might add) only for the reason that she had a claim that doesn't sit quite right? That just makes me feel more comfortable with keeping my vote where it is.
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:12 am

Post by ronnieroo »

12KeyBlade I'd like to ask that you provide some sort of evidence other then that. (Anything else that makes you suspcious?) It just feels like the cop thing should've topped something off, not really created something new. (At least to me)

You seemed so honestly convinced I was town, and one unlikley thing happens and then I'm mafia? It just doesn't sit right with me. Unless you honestly think that there are NEVER cops wtihout results. (Note to self: If this happens again, claim vanilla). I really don't see myself voting for anyone but KeyBlade, but I'd like to wait until BlueRaven gets back.
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:23 pm

Post by geekalicious »

Wow, it's the eve of the deadline, and there's no activity? I've already placed my vote out there. ronnieroo, KittyMo, and BlueRaven what are you feeling about today's lynch?
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:50 pm

Post by ronnieroo »

I'd like BlueRaven to post his thoughts, but I'm not sure if I'll be on tomorrow before the deadline. I don't see myself voting for anyone but KeyBlade.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:47 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Official Vote Count

12Keyblade - 1 (geekalicious)
ronnieroo - 1 (12Keyblade)

Not Voting - 3 (BlueRaven, KittyMo, ronnieroo)

3 to Lynch.
Deadline
is the end of Tuesday, September 1.

ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:33 pm

Post by ronnieroo »

It's very close to deadline. I'm going to go ahead and
vote:12KeyBlade

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”