Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:41 pm

Post by Nuwen »

walruswalruswalrus
So high, so low, so many things to know.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:50 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Indeed.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:52 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Nuwen wrote:
DDD, forbiddanlight, Gurgi, TDC, Zazie - tell me your scummiest two players thus far, please.
Sure. After you explain your vote on Lord Gurgi. If you have already, I apologize, but would also like a link to the post.
Nuwen wrote:
I don't see anything from FL explicitly stating that she'll volunteer to be lynched prior to a lylo situation. Even if she did agree to be lynched, I think the more optimal pro-town move would have been to stave off claiming for as long as possible in order to get another bellhop to claim. If I had a pro-town bellhop role PM, it greatly reduces the odds that any other bellhop(s) is/are town too.
Ah, you see, here you make a rather bad assumption. You assume I play optimally. Like I have charts and EVs and all that crazy stuff on my computer for a mafia game. I don't.

I basically do whatever tickles my fancy when I have a quick reply box in front of me.

Nuwen wrote:
I like the idea of moving scummy or unreadable players to locked floors. The locked door acts as a role block and if no kill occurs during the night, we'll know that either 1)Everyone in the game is on green or 2)All scum are on green, barring any mechanics that allow for the opening of locked doors.
Please explain conclusion 1.
GR wrote:
Town hunting and scum hunting are 2 sides to the same coin. If you find enough townies, you've found the scum. I think it's a valid strategy in any game, including this one.
For once, I agree. Mostly because this set up is conducive to townie hunting.

Nuwen's lock the scum plan has basically been beat up by GR, so I really don't feel a need to comment on it beyond "I agree with GR"
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:46 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Official Day One Vote Count #11

3 - ZazieR (Goatrevolt, Debonair Danny DiPietro, SpyreX)
2 - Debonair Danny DiPietro (ZazieR, Lord Gurgi)
2 - Lord Gurgi (Battousai, Nuwen)
1 - Battousai (Elmo)
1 - LlamaFluff (forbiddanlight)
1 - SpyreX (TDC)
1 - TDC (LlamaFluff)

With
alive, it takes
to lynch and
to lynch at deadline. Deadline is September 1, 10:00 pm CDT.

Not Voting – 1 - Patrick

LOCK COUNT9 - Green (TDC, LlamaFluff, SpyreX, forbiddanlight, Battousai, Debonair Danny DiPietro, Nuwen, Goatrevolt, Lord Gurgi)
0 - Blue
0 - Red
0 - Yellow

Not Locking – 3 – Elmo, Patrick, ZazieR

At nightfall, the floor to be locked is: GREEN

“That’s it. Nobody is getting any pie.
Or
ice cream.”
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:15 pm

Post by Battousai »

Elmo: You said you are caught up, yet you have a rvs vote still on me. Do you still find my scummy and if so, why?
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:23 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Battousai wrote:Elmo: You said you are caught up, yet you have a rvs vote still on me. Do you still find my scummy and if so, why?
Elmo is on V/LA untill wednesday IIRC. TDC also still has a random vote out.
Nuwen wrote:I don't see anything from FL explicitly stating that she'll volunteer to be lynched prior to a lylo situation. Even if she did agree to be lynched, I think the more optimal pro-town move would have been to stave off claiming for as long as possible in order to get another bellhop to claim. If I had a pro-town bellhop role PM, it greatly reduces the odds that any other bellhop(s) is/are town too.
Nuwen wrote:FL's alignment is up in the air. I want to pursue her further either tomorrow or the day after, depending on how night actions resolve. If she is scum, having her move the penultimately scummy player following today's lynch locks down three potential scum candidates: one dies via lynch, FL herself is restricted to green, and we're forcing her to move another player to green. We can begin to narrow down who is and is not able to submit kills faster through elimination.
So are you calling FL scum here or what? It looks like you are already trying to justify a lynch of her.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:56 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Lord Gurgi wrote:Nuwen: DDD is my perennial candidate. I don't really have a reason other than he's lurking and annoys me.
Woo, woo, fantastic scumhunting there,
[insult redacted]
(1)DDD: Why do you think you were the only one to call me on the issue of "passing the buck"? (2) Also, I didn't remember Goat doing that. I sort of glaze over sometimes when a whole bunch happens while I'm gone. It's why I try to stay active.
(1)Because all of two people posted in between you making your definitive comment on the matter and me pointing it out and both were more concerned about responses to other things you’d said directly to them.
(2) I don’t want quote wall wars, but seriously it took me a solid minute to realize you were changing topics here. And this is a lame excuse.

~~
I’m fine with town hunting.
~~

Lists tomorrow.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:06 pm

Post by TDC »

LlamaFluff wrote: TDC also still has a random vote out.
unvote
Thank you so much for reminding me. Not having a vote out at all (Hi, Patrick), is so much more helpful than sitting on the random vote.

--

I'm not at all interested in lynching fl anytime soon. Even if she is scum, there's still other scum to lynch and she's going to have tp play as if she was town and move people into the safe floor.

Moving scummy people into the safe floor makes no sense at all. If we have someone who's scummy, we uh.. just lynch them?
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:52 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

TDC wrote:

I'm not at all interested in lynching fl anytime soon. Even if she is scum, there's still other scum to lynch and she's going to have tp play as if she was town and move people into the safe floor.

Moving scummy people into the safe floor makes no sense at all. If we have someone who's scummy, we uh.. just lynch them?
Entering: Facetiousness mode!

Oh, but you see, obviously we'll have 2-3 solid scum suspects every day because evil is dumb and will make themselves apparent! Obviously, we'll lynch one, move another, and then watch a third cower in fear. Then we complain if there are more than that! It's a BULLETPROOF PLAN!

Exiting: Facetiousness mode.

Yeah...I agree with TDC...

LF wrote:
So are you calling FL scum here or what? It looks like you are already trying to justify a lynch of her.
Good question. The problem is I'm far from "confirmed" or anything like that. If I were, or close to it, I'd feel happier about voting her, but for now she brings up reasonable devil's advocate points. Now, most of them are WRONG, but that doesn't stop them from being reasonable, or at the least not anti-town.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:38 am

Post by SpyreX »

FL, if scum, will be convicted LATER.

I'm leaning hard on not, though. In fact, I'll go so far as to say town.

But not like the super town (duh): Goat.

Or the fairly town: Patrick.

Then there is a bit of a void and we stumble into the realm of the dark.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:52 am

Post by Nuwen »

We deal with FL later, her role offers too many town advantages to waste time on her right now, regardless of alignment.

Uh, I need to reread what I said about moving people and try to figure out why it was a good idea. It had that savant tone.

+1 for town Patrick.

I may have been intoxicated, but I still want to see scum lists from the people I mentioned. Now.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:53 am

Post by Patrick »

TDC wrote:unvote Thank you so much for reminding me. Not having a vote out at all (Hi, Patrick), is so much more helpful than sitting on the random vote.
I'm curious as to why you said this. On the surface it seems like a cheap shot because I don't think my play is comparable to yours even though I'm currently not voting. For the record I'm weighing up you and Elmo, and feel better about Gurgi as I think he's genuinely been trying to help the town recently by finding us some kind of direction. I've not read a game where he was scum, though.

Still not concerned about FL, I think a scum bellhop would have been more likely to stay hidden so as to avoid cooperating with a town plan (and to sabotage it if a town bellhop existed). We just need to be aware that if FL is a town bellhop, a scum one could still be moving scumbuddies off the safe floor (which is why we should be putting town players on there, not scummy ones imo).

Mod
: Is Zazier in prod range? If not, please prod him as soon as he is.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:01 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Nuwen wrote:

I may have been intoxicated, but I still want to see scum lists from the people I mentioned. Now.
You have to give to take:
fl wrote: Sure. After you explain your vote on Lord Gurgi. If you have already, I apologize, but would also like a link to the post.
Patrick wrote:
Still not concerned about FL, I think a scum bellhop would have been more likely to stay hidden so as to avoid cooperating with a town plan (and to sabotage it if a town bellhop existed). We just need to be aware that if FL is a town bellhop, a scum one could still be moving scumbuddies off the safe floor (which is why we should be putting town players on there, not scummy ones imo).
Another fair point against scum locking.
-StrangerCoug

Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:19 am

Post by Nuwen »

forbiddanlight wrote: You have to give to take:
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 44#1827944

I've been playing this game a lot more casually and gut-based than I usually do, but I tried to outline why a scummy aura was coming off of Gurgi.

Stop quoting other people at me, I have the capacity to read. Your eagerness to emphasize everyone else's support behind the pro-town locking isn't doing anything to assuage my paranoia.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:25 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Nuwen wrote:

Stop quoting other people at me, I have the capacity to read. Your eagerness to emphasize everyone else's support behind the pro-town locking isn't doing anything to assuage my paranoia.
Would creating my own wall of text repeating everything that's already been said be useful at all?

Also, that doesn't explain your vote? At all? I mean, the post you just posted does, but not the post you linked.

It's not overly satisfactory, but anyway, it's enough.

Scum suspects:

LF: Already beat to death

Elmo: Haven't really said much about this, and to be honest it's piggybacking Patrick who pointed out Elmo has been useless. So I looked. And he's right. The most "useful" post is mostly a paragraph on lurking, a paragrah on uneasiness about breaking the set up, questions for the mod, and no real scumhunting.

Does that satisfy you?
-StrangerCoug

TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:42 am

Post by TDC »

Patrick wrote:
TDC wrote:unvote Thank you so much for reminding me. Not having a vote out at all (Hi, Patrick), is so much more helpful than sitting on the random vote.
I'm curious as to why you said this. On the surface it seems like a cheap shot because I don't think my play is comparable to yours even though I'm currently not voting.
No, I'm just annoyed by Fluff, who, after me basically saying I don't know where to put my vote, points out twice that I still have my random vote going.
As if random voting SpyreX and not voting at all made any difference.
Your name entered the frame because he doesn't seem concerned by your lack of vote at all, and while I wouldn't say you're as clueless as I am, you've only really voiced minor suspicion of Elmo, as far as I can remember.
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:45 am

Post by Nuwen »

Sorry, not that post. This post (not that it was much more specific and did very little to explain why Gurgi caught my attention around the time of the owlwtf thing).

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 61#1827861

Need. Coffee. Aspirin.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:52 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Nyeh, it's a better justification then I initially thought. for D1 it's pretty much fine. Though I think there are better targets out there.
-StrangerCoug

Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:10 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Zazie: Jumped on a bad bandwagon, my problem is different than goat’s though. I don’t have a huge problem with an “lol reactions” bandwagon, but Zazie supplied evidence actually pushing the argument the bandwagon was based on. Added to the fact that we’ve not seen anything remotely useful or helpful from him and he’s my number one suspect far and away.

LG: I think I disagree with him about basically everything and him just lazily sitting on my bandwagon is pretty pathetic. However, I can’t really imagine two scum linking so obviously so right now he’s not scum in my book, just someone to keep a close eye on.

FL: Pretty sure we’ve already hashed out the reasons why it makes sense to assume she’s town for the time being.

I’m uncomfortable with Battousai and SpyreX as well at this juncture, but a quick ISO suggests to me it’s more of a gut feeling then any direct evidence.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:13 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Oh yeah, Nuwen, could you please read post 327 and answer the questions I asked that you haven't answered yet? It's mostly the one question, but if you see anymore I missed, feel free to answer them.
-StrangerCoug

Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:16 am

Post by Nuwen »

Yeah, don't worry I'm not ignoring you or anyone else. Just waiting on a massive hangover to clear up while browsing around the site.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:17 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Nuwen wrote: Yeah, don't worry I'm not ignoring you or anyone else. Just waiting on a massive hangover to clear up while browsing around the site.
That's fine. I just found it appropriate to remind you.
-StrangerCoug

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:59 am

Post by SpyreX »

I like DDD's post (GASP).

I think its time to start consolidating and moving like a train. Not that I'm pessimistic about activity flurries in the next 7 days... but I'm pessimistic about activity flurries in the next 7 days. :P
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:17 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

TDC wrote:
Patrick wrote:
I'm curious as to why you said this. On the surface it seems like a cheap shot because I don't think my play is comparable to yours even though I'm currently not voting.
No, I'm just annoyed by Fluff, who, after me basically saying I don't know where to put my vote, points out twice that I still have my random vote going.
As if random voting SpyreX and not voting at all made any difference.
Your name entered the frame because he doesn't seem concerned by your lack of vote at all, and
while I wouldn't say you're as clueless as I am, you've only really voiced minor suspicion of Elmo, as far as I can remember
There is your difference. I can recall some of his suspicions, I know where he stands on a few players. This isnt the case for you right now. We are almost on page 15 and I really dont think you have even called anyone suspicious.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:18 am

Post by TDC »

I'm not going to invent something to please you, sorry.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”