Bastard Set-up?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:28 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I think there is a lot of implications of lying in the setup, even though you didn't do it directly. I wouldn't call it bastardish per se, but I think you were intentionally testing the boundaries of that and you shouldn't be surprised if the people who lost this game would complain.

I'm also guessing the dragons didn't win this game.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (isolation #1) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:51 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Did one of you kill the other, CDB?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9 (isolation #2) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:29 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

ortolan wrote:
VP Baltar wrote:Did one of you kill the other, CDB?
No we didn't double-cross one another. I actually told CDB about that part of my role PM because I didn't want to use it and because it implied there was definitely another scum faction. He said he would have double-crossed me :( but I got lynched day two after being investigated.

The main reason I thought it was a bastard setup wasn't anything to do with lying it was just the double-cross ability the dragon mafia had which potentially punishes people for playing to their win-con.

It is different to say, that other discussion about killing your buddy because if your buddy double-crosses you, you cannot win anymore in both cases.
Yeah, the worst case scenario for the dragons (both doublecross on the same night) is indeed bastard-ish and gives what I see as an unfair advantage to the other factions. It didn't happen, and would be unlikely, but if it had it wouldn't have exactly been fair.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”