Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:12 pm

Post by Percy »

Vote Count

DeathNote - 3 (RestFermata, Seraphim, ZykeZero)

chenhsi - 2 (semioldguy, Cass)
Datadanne - 2 (DeathNote, Kise)

Not Voting - 12 (arelian, Knight of Cydonia, chenhsi, Datadanne, dramonic, Sajin, JamesBond, ryan2754, Magua, Sarag, Pablo Molinero, Jebus, nhammen)

Deadline
:
Midday on Saturday the 19th of September AEST (9pm Friday 18th site time)

Replacing
: arelian. More prods going out soon.

With 20 alive it takes 11 to lynch.
Last edited by Percy on Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:21 pm

Post by Magua »

Kise wrote: I blame A.D.D. It's not as easy to go about the normal scumhunting practices since there is a lot of speculation with this game's set-up. This is more so a free-for-all between investigators and forensics people.
What does this mean? How does the game's setup make scumhunting difficult? And what do you mean by "forensics people"?
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:28 pm

Post by Kise »

*twitch*

I'm comparing you and others to characters from CSI, etc., by calling you forensics people. You & nhammen in particular are using an updated list of who can do what ability, who is using their ability on who, and what insanity [levels] people have. Don't get me wrong, it's good & useful, but it's personally a little bit sidetracking for me to keep up with. It's me, not you, babe.

Unvote

I suppose he's being allowed to kill DN tonight, so...

*twitch*
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by chenhsi »

semioldguy (and Cass): I explained why I thought Data was stalking me. Do you still think I am scum, or do you just have nowhere else to put your vote?
I lost the game.
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:46 pm

Post by nhammen »

Percy wrote:
If *twitch* or *twitches* is
the only thing
in your sig, I will edit it into the body of your post.
Hmm... I might do that... Not yet though. Every time I copy my list, I also copy my twitch along with it:

*twitch*
Night1 noise-claims:

Ward:
Magua
Nyx
Cass

Noise (Ward unclaimed):
chenhsi
Exalt
RestFermata (Magua claims to have Warded him)
itacv2
Sajin

Noise and no Ward:
Datadanne
DeathNote
dramonic
Sarag

No Noise:
JamesBond
xxFabianxx
Jebus
Cephrir
Knight of Cydonia
nhammen
sideney
Pablo Molinero
jasonT1981
ryan2754
12Keyblade
Seraphim
semioldguy
ZykeZero

Unclaimed:
arelian
Kise
semioldguy wrote:
Tuberkulos wrote:As I see it, what happened tonight isn't so interesting at the moment. It will be interesting on Day 2 though.

If we claim tonights actions now, cultists may have a harder time coming up with a fitting claim for tomorrow, right? If we claim tomorrow however, cultists can alter their claim to the outcome of N1.
In looking back through the thread, I think this has some merits. I don't know about full action claims, but what do people think about daily insanity claims?
Interesting idea. And it would help with researching.
semioldguy wrote:@Knight of Cydonia
I don't think you should kill Datadanne tonight. If he did stalk last night and kills DeathNote tonight, it proves he is not cult. If he is, then his cult buddies will kill him since he would also be a murderer and they would know this since cultists can't murder. We can keep Datadanne alive and periodically research him to make sure his insanity is not rising to the level a murder's would (as well as putting him on grave-rob duty for a night which would slow any potential murderer down). I suppose the same could be said for you if you go through with your kill tonight as well, though we would lose one more player if you did make your kill.
Interestingly enough, the fact that Data would essentially be confirmed town would mean that the scum would have a reason to kill him.
semioldguy wrote:@DeathNote
Since you are going to die you should use your resuscitate kit on one of the other ten players who has a chance of dying tonight.
Agree, just in case he actually is pro-town...
Percy wrote:
DeathNote - 4 (nhammen, RestFermata, Seraphim, ZykeZero)
I unvoted.
Noted and fixed.
Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:51 pm

Post by Jebus »

Hello, still in the process of reading up >.<

Will be with you in a little while.....
Bastard ModGod. Mislynch fodder. Suave savior.
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:56 pm

Post by Sajin »

I am wondering if we should be doing insanity count claims.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by dramonic »

I believe if someone investigated, they should claim it. It'll make the list of people to target with res smaller.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:35 pm

Post by Magua »

If Datadanne stalked DeathNote last night and kills him tonight, it clears Datadanne from being one of the two existing murderers, and very likely clears him from being cult (at least, for the time being).

So, instead, I'm going to
Vote: Jebus
until I have a reason not to. 1 post that says no noise, and 4 posts that say "reading up, will post opinions later".
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:29 pm

Post by semioldguy »

Sajin wrote:I am wondering if we should be doing insanity count claims.
I think we should, as already suggested.

I'll even go first. I am at zero insanity.

People should claim insanity prior to people claiming researches and targets. I don't think insanity claims will help research results though. Claiming will force people's insanity counts to be out in the open, and some cult, if not all/most, will be gaining at least one insanity every other day and insanity claiming will also help to keep murderers in check.

Datadunne murdering anyone clears him from being cult, since cult would know his identity and would be forced to kill him before they could win. Datadanne would need to kill all of his scumbuddies for him to win. Both of those things would be beneficial to the town if Datadanne is both scum and murderer. Any existing murderer will also need to be suspicious of Datadanne for obvious reasons, making Datadanne more likely to be town in my opinion since only town will be able to claim a night kill and still be able to win the game (even if they die themselves). This is why I say that anyone coming forward with stalks and kills must be town, since it seems nearly impossible to win with that claim as anything other than town.

@Magua
The catching up isn't unusual for Jebus. That doesn't clear him of course, but I don't think it's enough to condemn him on either.

@chensi
Yes, I still think you are scum. That's why my vote is still on you. There are other places I could put my vote, but I am happy with my vote on you at the moment.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:45 pm

Post by semioldguy »

Actually, on second thought, I think the people who researched should claim beforehand. It is more difficult to fake that way.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:02 am

Post by Cass »

chenhsi wrote:semioldguy (and Cass): I explained why I thought Data was stalking me. Do you still think I am scum, or do you just have nowhere else to put your vote?
I still you might be, yes. And I also feel I have to keep my vote on someone, if only to prevent DN from being lynched at deadline. Considering the rate at which this game is going now...
semioldguy wrote:Actually, on second thought, I think the people who researched should claim beforehand. It is more difficult to fake that way.
I'm confused by this... do you mean claim that you're going to research before you do it? That doesn't really make sense to me, would really help the scum (including murderers) if we did that I think.
Can't bake an omelette without killing a few people.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:56 am

Post by dramonic »

actually, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, he's saying we should mass-claim if we researched and results now, after which a mass insanity claim would be nice.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Sarag
Sarag
Goon
Sarag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:57 am

Post by Sarag »

I think Magua may be scum, more likely cultist than murderer.
Vote: Magua

He claims to have warded RestFermata (Exalt) last night, but Exalt had already heard noise the night before. Now, the noise can be explained because DeathNote claimed to have (wastefully) resuscitated Exalt on night 0, but the problem is that it could easily have masked a fetish or stalk. And many believe (Magua included) that DeathNote is not to be trusted. This means that RestFermata was not a good target for Magua's warding, as he may already have been in danger that no further warding could prevent. One of the many people who actually heard no noise would have been far superior.

Furthermore it's clear that Magua understood and had thought about who would be good ward targests, so we cannot chalk it up to a lapse in clear thinking:
Magua 553 wrote:3) Anyone with wards who didn't hear noise last night should ward someone else who didn't hear noise last night.
Choosing to ward RestFermata also gives him a convenient cover for crafting a fetish. If RestFermata turns up destroyed by an unspeakable horror, then he can just say the cult must have fetished him on night 1 and blame the newbish/scummy DeathNote for covering the noise. Magua wouldn't have that cover if he claimed to ward someone who heard no noise previously because they would still be invulnerable if he was telling the truth.

On top of that, he was strangely reluctant to rob the grave when I suggested he do so. I didn't think much of it at the time because he'd been making helpful and pro-town seeming posts. But really, an Investigator should have no qualms about robbing the grave. Investigators do not have carefully laid plans that might get disrupted, only Cultists and Murderers do. Any rational, team-playing Investigator (and Magua has gone to pains to seem like both) would easily recognise that the grave must be robbed, and that the insanity gained by doing so cannot practically be avoided (by an individual yes, but not by the team).
*twitches*
Sarag
Sarag
Goon
Sarag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:59 am

Post by Sarag »

EBWOP (paragraph after quote): ...the cult must have fetished him on night
*twitches*
ryan2754
ryan2754
Goon
ryan2754
Goon
Goon

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:07 am

Post by ryan2754 »

I have zero insanity
Show
Town: 3-4*
Scum: 2-1
SK: 0-1
Unlynched.
"Noone can deny that the Ryan, from now on known as "Bullseye", accomplished an amazing feat. Nightkilling 2 mafia roles on the first 2 nights. He deserves to win." - Alexhans, Mini 829, Town Loss
Sarag
Sarag
Goon
Sarag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:31 am

Post by Sarag »

Kise - did you hear noise last night?
*twitches*
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:46 am

Post by Magua »

Sarag wrote:This means that RestFermata was not a good target for Magua's warding, as he may already have been in danger that no further warding could prevent. One of the many people who actually heard no noise would have been far superior.
<expletive deleted>. I didn't even put this together until now. I messed up.

I picked who to ward based on reading the last five pages of d1; I wanted to ward someone who looked vaguely-but-not-too-protown, and she fit the bill. I crosschecked this with nhammen's noise list, saw that RestFermata's name wasn't in the "heard noise" list, and *totally* missed that she had replaced Exalt, who's name was on the list.

You're right that she was a terrible ward choice.

But your logic about me being cult crafting. Were I cult crafting a fetish, I would've just claimed to use a resuscitation kit on RestFermata if I were going for a cover. All the benefits, none of the drawbacks.

And I'll just get this out of the way: I've got zero insanity, so I'm not a murderer either.
On top of that, he was strangely reluctant to rob the grave when I suggested he do so. I didn't think much of it at the time because he'd been making helpful and pro-town seeming posts. But really, an Investigator should have no qualms about robbing the grave. Investigators do not have carefully laid plans that might get disrupted, only Cultists and Murderers do. Any rational, team-playing Investigator (and Magua has gone to pains to seem like both) would easily recognise that the grave must be robbed, and that the insanity gained by doing so cannot practically be avoided (by an individual yes, but not by the team).
You didn't suggest me, you volunteered me. And it seemed odd that you were determined for Zwet not to do it, for reasons I still do not entirely understand. If you follow your logic to its own conclusion, you want the most *antitown* player (the one most likely to be scum) to rob the grave.

@semioldguy: I understand it might be in Jebus' meta. This is why I included "until I have a reason not to". My real fear at this point in time is the lurkers I mentioned in 891 (Nyx, Jebus, Seraphim, ZykeZero). Seeing Jebus' post just spurred me into replying.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:54 am

Post by semioldguy »

dramonic wrote:actually, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, he's saying we should mass-claim if we researched and results now, after which a mass insanity claim would be nice.
Correct. I meant for people to claim if and who they researched before mass claiming insanity levels.

People shouldn't claim who they are going to research in advance of researching that person.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:59 am

Post by semioldguy »

Sarag's post makes a lot of sense.
Datadanne
Datadanne
Goon
Datadanne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:16 am

Post by Datadanne »

We need mass-prods. NAW.
Show
Acheivements:

- Won 400000$ in Mafia Deal or no deal.
- Killed 3 mafia members in his first 3 vig nights.
- Reserved
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:42 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

I has no insanity, either. Sorry about the lack of activity, coming in on a big game is always tough on me.
SAMMICHES SAMMICHES SAMMICHES
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:09 am

Post by Kise »

Sarag wrote:Kise - did you hear noise last night?
*twitch*
No noise. Just a doll sitting in my room. And I also did not submit a night action. My insanity count is 1.

I heard noise on night 0 though, so someone had been planning to fetish me for a while.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:53 pm

Post by Percy »

Vote Count

DeathNote - 3 (RestFermata, Seraphim, ZykeZero)

chenhsi - 2 (semioldguy, Cass)
Datadanne - 1 (DeathNote)
Jebus - 1 (Magua)
Magua - 1 (Sarag)

Not Voting - 12 (arelian, Knight of Cydonia, chenhsi, Datadanne, dramonic, Sajin, JamesBond, ryan2754, Pablo Molinero, Jebus, nhammen, Kise)

Deadline
:
Midday on Saturday the 19th of September AEST (9pm Friday 18th site time)

Replacing
: arelian.
V/LA
: Knight of Cydonia.
Prodding
: Seraphim, JamesBond, ZykeZero.

With 20 alive it takes 11 to lynch.
Sarag
Sarag
Goon
Sarag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:48 pm

Post by Sarag »

Magua wrote:But your logic about me being cult crafting. Were I cult crafting a fetish, I would've just claimed to use a resuscitation kit on RestFermata if I were going for a cover. All the benefits, none of the drawbacks.
Hmm, yes that's true. Well, RF would not have been the best target for that plan, but your point stands. Damn, oh well.
Unvote
semioldguy wrote:Correct. I meant for people to claim if and who they researched before mass claiming insanity levels.
It isn't obvious to me why this is a better plan than claiming insanities first. Could you explain it please?
*twitches*

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”