Vote Count:

Debonair Danny DiPietro (3): SpyreX, jammer, Vi
Battle Mage (2): Debonair Danny DiPietro, Kmd4390
SpyreX (1): Zachrulez
jammer (1): Benmage
Benmage (1): SensFan
GIEFF (1): GIEFF

Not Voting: Battle Mage, alexhans

6 to lynch, even at deadline (Sunday, August 30 at midnight Eastern Time)
Success breeds suspicion
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2751 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:33 pm

Post by Vi »

Is that midnight as in 23.2something hours from now, or one more day than that?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2752 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:42 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

SpyreX wrote:What has DDD done in the last 9 days?
My best post of the game happened within the last nine days and why are you drawing such an arbitrary line in the sand?

Really, I'm just incredibly annoyed with GIEFF who seems to be doing his damnedest to secure a no lynch. He broke up the Battle Mage wagon in favor of a SpyreX wagon and then broke that up in favor of a self-vote? Seriously? How the hell does that help the town at all. He'll probably come back and explain it was some elaborate trap, but at this point I'm only too happy to oblige him in his quest to get himself lynched.

Unvote; Vote: GIEFF
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2753 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:17 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
My best post of the game happened within the last nine days and why are you drawing such an arbitrary line in the sand?

Really, I'm just incredibly annoyed with GIEFF who seems to be doing his damnedest to secure a no lynch. He broke up the Battle Mage wagon in favor of a SpyreX wagon and then broke that up in favor of a self-vote? Seriously? How the hell does that help the town at all. He'll probably come back and explain it was some elaborate trap, but at this point I'm only too happy to oblige him in his quest to get himself lynched.

Unvote; Vote: GIEFF
Yeah, I'm gonna have to agree with this, that's exactly how it looks to me right now.

Unvote: Vote: Gieff

If he's not part of the solution he's part of the problem.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2754 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:28 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I'm waiting for him to come back and explain that.

If I can't get DDD (as the above looks) I will jump to GIEFF.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2755 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:47 pm

Post by Benmage »

SpyreX wrote:I'm waiting for him to come back and explain that.

If I can't get DDD (as the above looks) I will jump to GIEFF.
Geeze all this vote flipping wagon hopping is going crazy. I want a Jammer lynch.

I'd be ok for DDD but jammers on the wagon so jebus.

This voting for gieff is clearly retarded.

So, reluctantly
unvote vote SpryeX
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2756 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:40 am

Post by Vi »

...Fascinating.

@Benmage: Jebus isn't playing this game.
Also, your vote on SpyreX is being wasted. Change it.

Talking of wasted votes, it would be satisfying for our two nonplayers to replace out overnight if they're really having such trouble with this game. Said replacements can just be told to skim Day 3 for everyone's positions. If they really need to catch up immediately, they can just read this post :D
Alternatively, they can come back and play ASAP.

We have nine mobile votes and need six for a majority. If {Battle Mage, SensFan} are both Town and one Townie wastes their vote, that means the only thing stopping scum from controlling this lynch is how good they would look doing it.

I'm willing to wager that at most one of the scum in this game has been a leading wagon for over 200 posts, and that more specifically at least two of the scum is between {alexhans, GIEFF, Zachrulez, Kmd4390, DDD, SpyreX, jammer}.

Both mages may as well be off-limits tomorrow. Battle Mage has been at three votes for most of this Day; he doesn't need to be at three votes tomorrow.

If GIEFF flips scum {SensFan, SpyreX, jammer, possibly Battle Mage} are probTown. I haven't decided what it means for DDD and Zachrulez at this time, but they can argue their own merits.
Likewise DDD-scum implies {SpyreX, jammer} are probTown.

It is not impossible for GIEFF and DDD (the only lynch choices at this point) to both be scum; however, I would expect that if that is not the case the lynch will be against a Town player today. (See previous comment about scum controlling this lynch.)

With that said, the more I read into these connections the more I want to see GIEFF lynched today. Having his alignment pegged down would do analyses a world of good.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #2757 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:55 am

Post by GIEFF »

Vi wrote:With that said, the more I read into these connections the more I want to see GIEFF lynched today. Having his alignment pegged down would do analyses a world of good.
You're only looking at half the equation there, champ. What do you learn if I flip town?

Vi wrote:It is not impossible for GIEFF and DDD
(the only lynch choices at this point)
to both be scum
That is not your decision to make.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #2758 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:06 am

Post by GIEFF »

Vi wrote:I'm willing to wager that at most one of the scum in this game has been a leading wagon for over 200 posts, and that more specifically at least two of the scum is between {alexhans, GIEFF, Zachrulez, Kmd4390, DDD, SpyreX, jammer}.
This is EXACTLY the same arbitrary case you were just railing on KMD about making, Vi. Exactly.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #2759 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:09 am

Post by GIEFF »

Vi wrote: (See previous comment about scum controlling this lynch.)
... says the man informing the town that we only have two lynch choices.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #2760 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:09 am

Post by GIEFF »

unvote

Vote spyrex

Sorry, guys. Some of that was serious out-of-game irritation.
jammer
jammer
Goon
jammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2761 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:15 am

Post by jammer »

GIEFF wrote:
jammer wrote:If I look at it I can be quite surprised you are putting that much efford into looking at me as a scumbuddy of spyrex, while you can not be completely sure of the allignment of spyrex.
Applying scumtells inconsistently is scummy NO MATTER spyrex's algnment.
Yea, we went over this. This would into a yes/no! talk. And still I can not see how spyrex is more scummy then DDD.
GIEFF wrote:
jammer wrote:I would see gieff-scum do this far more then town-gieff.
Yet another attempt to discredit my spy-case. If you truly thought I was scummy, you would vote me. It's clear your objective is NOT to hunt scum, but to get me off of spy.
That line was partly poking fun at the I see ***-scum doing this more then ***-town of yours. I already have my current vote on DDD, can not vote both. And instead of omg-he´s distracting attention from spyrex(I already noted in the same post you could look at it that way) you could respond to the (silly) point.

Also, how do you think about DDD?
GIEFF wrote:
unvote

vote GIEFF
GIEFF wrote:V/LA until monday
No playing around now, gieff. You said days earlier we must lynch someone quick becouse time is running out, now you put up a selfvote-gambit.
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
Not sure if that is devaluing spyrexs point about your play even a bit.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #2762 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:22 am

Post by GIEFF »

How many times have people accused me of distracting from lynches? How many times has it been true?

I think DDD is an acceptable lynch, better than me, at this point. I hate lynching yet ANOTHER lurker, but I may have defended him too strongly, enabling him to lurk more. I'd MUCH rather lynch Spyrex or Sens.

But seriously, before you lynch me, think about what you'll learn when I flip town. It won't be a whole lot. You'll get something from this run-up to my lynch, but probably not enough to get a scum.

Notice how scared Spyrex was to vote me, even when I became the leading wagon?
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2763 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:26 am

Post by alexhans »

Caught up. Back from paddle today. physically very tired. MEntally not in a mood to get worked up over this game.

MOD: sorry about the small text... I thought it was not against the rules because it was readable.

I'm surprised no one has commented in my sudden unvote of BM... Why is that?

KMD: why is zach a good lynch?
GIEFF wrote:
unvote

vote GIEFF
GIEFF wrote:V/LA until monday
:roll:
Zachrulez wrote:Then there's Alexhans who has unvoted Battle Mage after calling him scum all day with the demeanor that he's no longer sure Battle Mage is scum... again, WTF?
glad you noticed. Yes. I was NEVER sure. I was very confident. Wich Im not right now.

As for the reasons. Beside his AtE. Something has been bugging me for a while. Why would BM go for Cephir town with such intensity unless he was scum with Vi. Why would he go to the spotlight so much.

And I remembered this: "Never Attribute To Malice That Which Can Be Adequately Explained By Stupidity." Here, I should change stupidity with "what I see as a stupid way to play".
vi wrote: Cosmic question: Why do you (Zachrulez) only seem to show up when something dramatic happens, and then disappear for a while again?
This^^

This is the kind of things that make me change so much...

I've been thinking that Zach and GIEFF were the most rational. But suddenly I think theyre good scum.
Vi wrote: I'm willing to wager that at most one of the scum in this game has been a leading wagon for over 200 posts, and that more specifically at least two of the scum is between {alexhans, GIEFF, Zachrulez, Kmd4390, DDD, SpyreX, jammer}.
2 in 7? lame... Add Vi there too...

Vote jammer
, why? I don't like a SpyreX lynch. I'm not sure of a BM lynch anymore and gut.

when is the deadline? What time?

It will be an interesting thing when the game ends and we see who scum really are and who just contributed to town's demise.

And, seriously, no one other than Zach noted my Battle Mage unvote?
I'm back...
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2764 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:27 am

Post by alexhans »

EBWOP: Benmage. You expressed desire to lynch jammer. Then hop on.
I'm back...
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #2765 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:37 am

Post by GIEFF »

Alex, you see nothing wrong with Spyrex putting KMD at L-1 immediately after complaining that DDD hopped on the wagon?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2766 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:45 am

Post by Zachrulez »

GIEFF wrote:How many times have people accused me of distracting from lynches? How many times has it been true?

I think DDD is an acceptable lynch, better than me, at this point. I hate lynching yet ANOTHER lurker, but I may have defended him too strongly, enabling him to lurk more. I'd MUCH rather lynch Spyrex or Sens.

But seriously, before you lynch me, think about what you'll learn when I flip town. It won't be a whole lot. You'll get something from this run-up to my lynch, but probably not enough to get a scum.

Notice how scared Spyrex was to vote me, even when I became the leading wagon?
This time it is true Gieff. When you change your vote so close to deadline, it makes it much harder to reach consensus on a lynch.

*sigh* Now that you're back and voting for Spyrex again...

Unvote: Vote: Spyrex
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2767 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:50 am

Post by alexhans »

GIEFF wrote:Alex, you see nothing wrong with Spyrex putting KMD at L-1 immediately after complaining that DDD hopped on the wagon?
GIEFF... I'm tired of being asked a question more than once when I've already said what I thought about it and given the answer again... Yes. It WAS scummy. And BM's inconsistency is scummy too. And everything is this game is crappy or scummy. If you have any doubts. Search in my ISO. If you have NEW doubts. Ask me.

If every player had played from the beginning... But now we are just giving out playstyle cards to free people from lynches...
I'm back...
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2768 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:52 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Yeah, and I didn't miss Alex calling me and Gieff scum without a willingness to vote for either of us. Gieff became a viable lynch with his self vote, so why more interested in Jammer?
alexhans wrote:
vi wrote: Cosmic question: Why do you (Zachrulez) only seem to show up when something dramatic happens, and then disappear for a while again?
This^^

This is the kind of things that make me change so much...

I've been thinking that Zach and GIEFF were the most rational. But suddenly I think theyre good scum.
Oh wow... Alexhans is pushing this? I've actually had more time to think about this question and I realize that it's a loaded one. I have to admit that I'm playing the way Vi describes to even answer the question (Which I'm not.) and if I don't, then hey, I'm scum dodging the question. Yeah...
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2769 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:53 am

Post by Vi »

This is amusing, albeit in a sick way.
GIEFF 2757 wrote:You're only looking at half the equation there, champ. What do you learn if I flip town?
Nothing except what this wagon provides... although this wagon is already useful.
BTW, DDD-Town implies SpyreX-scum.
GIEFF 2757 wrote:
Vi wrote:(the only lynch choices at this point)
That is not your decision to make.
You're right. It's the deadline's decision to make.
We have less than twelve hours if I'm reading Yaw's post correctly.
GIEFF 2758 wrote:This is EXACTLY the same arbitrary case you were just railing on KMD about making, Vi. Exactly.
It's not, actually. The only similarity is that half the game is on the hit list.
GIEFF 2762 wrote:How many times have people accused me of distracting from lynches? How many times has it been true?
It's hard to distract from lynches when you're on most of the lynching wagons~
GIEFF 2762 wrote:I think DDD is an acceptable lynch, better than me, at this point. I hate lynching yet ANOTHER lurker, but I may have defended him too strongly, enabling him to lurk more. I'd MUCH rather lynch Spyrex or Sens.
I'm assuming this is more satire.
GIEFF 2762 wrote:Notice how scared Spyrex was to vote me, even when I became the leading wagon?
Somewhat. Had SpyreX posted after my offer but before you came back, I would have gotten a better read.
C'est la vie.

----
alexhans 2763 wrote:And, seriously, no one other than Zach noted my Battle Mage unvote?
I noticed. Your smalltext commentary bothered me, but not enough to mention.

----

Hey Zach. Could you explain your thought process on jumping to GIEFF and back?

----

My opinions remain unchanged and my offer to SpyreX is not rescinded.
As it is, it seems like we're on a crash course for either No Lynch or Any Lynch We Can Get... which is somehow worse than the two lynches we've already had. But don't say I didn't warn you.

Unofficial vote count
DDD (L-3) - SpyreX, jammer, Vi
SpyreX (L-3) - Benmage, GIEFF, Zachrulez

Battle Mage (L-5) - Kmd4390
jammer (L-5) - alexhans
Benmage (L-5) - SensFan
GIEFF (L-5) - DDD

Not Voting: Battle Mage
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2770 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:59 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Vi wrote: Hey Zach. Could you explain your thought process on jumping to GIEFF and back?
Irritation with Gieff self voting and de-railing the Spyrex wagon, and wanting to lynch him instead of a no-lynch if he was seriously going to keep that vote on and stay V/la until the deadline. Since he came back and put his vote on Spyrex, who I still prefer for a lynch, I changed back.

I had always planned on changing back in the scenario that Gieff came back and explained. (The vote was partly for pressure in that regard) The only scenario where I was going to leave it was if Gieff didn't come back. (As that would be derailing a major wagon and lurking until deadline.)
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2771 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:00 am

Post by alexhans »

Benmage expressed willingness to vote jammer. As BM... so we could easily move jammer to L-3. GIEFF has said that jammer did a lot of scummy things so he shouldn't have a problem either... and that would be L-2
I'm back...
jammer
jammer
Goon
jammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2772 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:03 am

Post by jammer »

@Alex,
Yaw wrote:6 to lynch, even at deadline (Sunday, August 30 at midnight Eastern Time)
I think that is one day more then the 12 hours you are speaking of, vi?

Alex, you think DDD and spyrex are more likely town then I am?

How is DDD town?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2773 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:05 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Oh, and I should note that I am really really disliking Alexhans now.

I'd be interested in exploring him if we had more time, but we don't. I find it unlikely that we would be able to get a bandwagon going on him.

I really hate 2767. It does little to support his vote on Jammer, which is pretty much a safe place to park a vote on someone who's unlikely to get lynched at this point, and the 2nd paragraph of the post gives me the vibe of scum frustrated at the difficulty of securing a lynch on players. Notice how it expresses annoyance with getting a lynch in general, and not a lynch on Battlemage. (The tone of the post seems to betray the image he was attempting to portray for most of the day.)
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2774 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:07 am

Post by alexhans »

jammer wrote:@Alex,
Yaw wrote:6 to lynch, even at deadline (Sunday, August 30 at midnight Eastern Time)
I think that is one day more then the 12 hours you are speaking of, vi?

Alex, you think DDD and spyrex are more likely town then I am?

How is DDD town?
1) Yes.

2) Did i say he was town? How are you town?
I'm back...

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”