Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:36 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

DDD: Do you think there's a difference between prefacing a vote by saying that it's for reactions, and saying so only after the vote?
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:46 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:I don't like Goat's reaction to his Battousi questioning. Goat is already on the record for not liking "lol reactions" wagons and that appears to me to be Batt's explanation for his vote. For Goat to accept such an explanation doesn't sit right with me.
I never said that. I'm on the record for not liking SpyreX's inconsistency between the pressure on Zazie/Gurgi, and I'm also on the record for not liking when people use "lol reactions" as a defense for a vote that wasn't actually for reactions.

I have no problem with actually voting for reactions though. I do it. I had no issue when Gurgi did it early in the game, and have no issue with Battousai doing it now. I actually feel better about Batt after that.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:55 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Lord Gurgi wrote:DDD: Do you think there's a difference between prefacing a vote by saying that it's for reactions, and saying so only after the vote?
If the statement afterwords is legitimate then they have the same value. However when it's noted before hand then intent is clear, if it's referenced after the fact then such a claim needs to considered skeptically because at that point it's just as likely to be a deflection of pressure as it is to be an honest answer.

Goat: Then I guess I'm just bothered by the fact that it looks like you uncritically took Batt at his word. Maybe he is telling the truth, but his response is also the most convenient backdoor possible and for you to, what looks like, simply accept him at his word rubs me the wrong way.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:05 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Goat: Then I guess I'm just bothered by the fact that it looks like you uncritically took Batt at his word. Maybe he is telling the truth, but his response is also the most convenient backdoor possible and for you to, what looks like, simply accept him at his word rubs me the wrong way.
I didn't uncritically take him at his word, it's just clearly the most likely explanation for the vote. He said this when he voted Elmo:
I think two wagons that are close together can provide us with information on how people decide to vote.
which heavily hints at the idea that he's voting Elmo to see how people react.

It's far more likely that he did it for reactions, based on that comment and him making that claim, then the alternative, which is that he didn't do it for reactions and happened to just luckily have a comment that would support the lying "reaction" claim. The first is far simpler and far more likely the truth.

I think it was good play. It's the first time I've seen Batt do anything this game that seemed to come from the perspective of trying to catch scum or gather info.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:14 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Due to the above my objections on this matter are mostly rescinded then.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:04 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Elmo wrote:LlamaFluff, I don't think you got round to explaining your vote for me..?
Kind of just that the one post that you made early that did seem to be somewhat of an anylasis post really was confusing on a close read, the thought process just seemed a bit convoluted.

It was between someone who was lurking which from my experience is a town tell, and someone who was V/LA and made a post that never came to a solid conclusion and was a bit confusing.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:49 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

LG wrote: Patrick, even if that wasn't why you were on the wagon, that's why the other three were. That makes the wagon random.
No, actually, I had pretty much the same reasons as Patrick as it was Patrick that initially got me on the kick.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:36 am

Post by Elmo »

I'm curious why Nuwen drew heat for defending me, but Gurgi's "I don't like to lynch Elmo in general" thing went mostly without comment.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:18 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Because everyone loves me?
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:33 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Elmo wrote: I'm curious why Nuwen drew heat for defending me, but Gurgi's "I don't like to lynch Elmo in general" thing went mostly without comment.
Not as vehement. I did notice it, just never thought about things in the scum defending town perspective
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:17 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Official Day One Vote Count #18

6 - ZazieR (Goatrevolt, Debonair Danny DiPietro, Lord Gurgi, Elmo, SpyreX, forbiddanlight)
2 - Elmo (Patrick, Battousai)
1 - Debonair Danny DiPietro (ZazieR)
1 - Lord Gurgi (Nuwen)

With
alive, it takes
to lynch and
to lynch at deadline. Deadline is September 1, 10:00 pm CDT.

Not Voting – 2 – LlamaFluff, TDC

LOCK COUNT9 - Green (TDC, LlamaFluff, SpyreX, forbiddanlight, Battousai, Debonair Danny DiPietro, Nuwen, Goatrevolt, Lord Gurgi)
0 - Blue
0 - Red
0 - Yellow

Not Locking – 3 – Elmo, Patrick, ZazieR

At nightfall, the floor to be locked is: GREEN
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:46 am

Post by Elmo »

forbiddanlight wrote:Not as vehement. I did notice it, just never thought about things in the scum defending town perspective
I think if a lightning bolt struck me and I flipped scum near Gurgi's "I don't like to lynch Elmo as a general thing", he'd (understandably) be dogpiled. I think it makes considerable sense from "scum staying off popular town wagon near deadline", as well. I'm just curious why something less vocal seems to get less attention, given the push against lurkers.
Patrick wrote:After this evening I'm less comfortable with the idea that Elmo is scum
In the name of all that's holy, why?
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:07 pm

Post by Patrick »

Gut. I'm not sure I understand that reaction.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:28 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

I always liked, "I realised that Gurgi is right in all things." Has a certain ring to it.

I'd still like to lynch DDD or LF.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:36 pm

Post by Battousai »

I'm trying to reread reactions right now. I'll post in a bit.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:42 pm

Post by Battousai »

I was mainly looking at LG and Nuwen concerning Elmo. If one of these two were buddying up to a townie lynch, my money would be on Nuwen. LG's stance seemed to be based on lack of enough scummy actions, whereas Nuwen's is based on defending the actions others have found scummy.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:43 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

Battousai wrote:I was mainly looking at LG and Nuwen concerning Elmo. If one of these two were buddying up to a townie lynch, my money would be on Nuwen. LG's stance seemed to be based on lack of enough scummy actions, whereas Nuwen's is based on defending the actions others have found scummy.
I don't see how your conclusion follows your evidence at all. You need to explain why defending actions others find scummy is more of a scum play than simply saying there isn't enough scummy actions.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:48 am

Post by Battousai »

?

My conclusion is that if one of Nuwen or LG were buddying up, it would most likely be Nuwen.

Evidence-

LG's stance seemed to be that Elmo didn't do enough scummy actions.
Nuwen's stance seemed to be based on defending actions that others have found scummy.

I think that scum would be more likely to defend a townie they think is about to be lynched, and Nuwen's stance seemed to be the most likely way of doing it.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Not going to hammer zazie just because I would like to see something from him before he gets deadline lynched in about 8 hours.

Anyways, not much happened this weekend it seems. It would be nice to hear a bit from LG as why he wants me lynched apart from "what others said" which seems to boil down to "avoidance of setup discussion".
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:39 pm

Post by Patrick »

Mod
: What are the conditions needed to replace someone? Has Zazier picked up his prod?

I think the deadline is more than 8 hours since it says September the 1st and my timezone has only just entered August the 31st. I don't think a last minute rush on anyone else is a good idea at this point though, unless Zazier gets replaced which according to the rules would extend our deadline. I still hold minor suspicion of TDC and DDD's play looks mostly passive/sit on easy target all day, but with the amount of not careage from so many people it's hard to tell anymore.

I was kind of expecting more from Nuwen about her thoughts on both the Elmo and Zazier wagons. You seemed to call them both suspect, which casts suspicion on the majority of the game, can we expect your "weigh in on everyone supporting it" before the end of today? Is Lord Gurgi still the most likely to be scum?
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:41 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

September 1, 10:00 pm CDT.
Umu...this would be about 27 hours from now.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:41 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

EBWOP: Actually, 26
-StrangerCoug

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:43 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Sorry, been watching my other games that all are deadlining it up.

Goat: Town.
FL: Town Bellhop.

Batt: I can kind of see the gambit. It makes more sense considering the difference in the early versus late play of today than a huge buildup.

Zaz: Still a good lynch.

If I had a bullet: I'd shoot Nuwen.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:58 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

Battousai wrote:?

My conclusion is that if one of Nuwen or LG were buddying up, it would most likely be Nuwen.

Evidence-

LG's stance seemed to be that Elmo didn't do enough scummy actions.
Nuwen's stance seemed to be based on defending actions that others have found scummy.

I think that scum would be more likely to defend a townie they think is about to be lynched, and Nuwen's stance seemed to be the most likely way of doing it.
You need to back this up. You're simply saying Nuwen's stance is more likely to come from scum, but I want reasons
why
it's more likely to come from scum. Saying it "seems" the most likely isn't good enough.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:41 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

"Some players seem to be suggesting that there be a slight wardrobe swap for our guest ZazieR -- in the sense that I give his clothes to somebody else while disposing of the body. However, I shall remind my most pleasurable guests that we are creeping towards the Witching Hour, and the Witching Hours needs blood before a Warlock can make his magic. At least that's my understanding. If anybody knows an easier way, by the by, please contact me.

"If I choose to replace ZazieR, I will not be doing so directly before deadline which would then require an extension. In case you haven't noticed, I want
you
to kill somebody instead of forcing
me
to kill somebody and sucker another sap to join our little congregation. I may replace him during the night or during daybreak, but not today."
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”