#1: A treatise on arguing in the game of mafia:

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
YamiJoey
YamiJoey
Goon
YamiJoey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (isolation #0) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:31 pm

Post by YamiJoey »

"Crap logic just makes you look like scum."

Q4E

I did like this; but you could shorten one paragraph to "Act like a Townie with all your posts; only pretend you don't know other mafia members." xD

Was good, though.

What are your views on Cop and Doc roles? How are they most effectively used in your opinion? I'm asking because I've had three Mafia games recently where the Cop has come forward early. Twice because they found Scum, and once because they didn't get a read. (And it turned out that the player was Town but had a limiting ability that forced Cops to get "It doesn't work on this person." in order to compensate for another, more positive ability.)

IMO Cops should stay lower than they do when I play. If you find scum; you should indicate it by analysing their posts and trying to get a regular lynch first. When someone with an information role dies and it is revealed they were Cop, Watcher, Stalker, broken character with "The following are Mafia: _____" I try to go back and work out if they would've posted their finidings in some way.

One play I often try to make is to HoS any Townies I find in my Scans. They are unfounded; but I usually get away with it with simple posts like "Somehow they just seem a little off. I don't know why.". I do this without information roles too, but when I die by a lucky Mafia hit, good arguments tend to pop up out of no-where.

If I get to a point where I feel like I can safely do so (not many people left to scan or Mafia are outnumbering us rapidly, and there's a doc still alive) then I will often just post a list of "Mafia are ___; Townie are ____" Trust me. Kill me if I'm wrong.

I'd also like to note that I use that last tactic a lot when I'm Mafia and we simply need to gain that 3-1 kill in order to drag us ever closer to the win. It allows me to either have someone scream "HE LIES! I R COP!" and we kill a Cop (because they're thick) and because people will have fun analysing how I picked my list, and who is unlisted and why. Makes the game spicy, and I'll've discussed with Mafia friends how we'll be doing it so that they don't just go "Wait; what? Why did I just get sold out!?! o.O"

So yeah; just wanted your oppinion on power roles such as Cop, Doc and how Masons should go about their lives.

YJ
Show
i l o v e s e c r e t a g e n t s

Mafia/1-0
Town/0-0
Third/0-0

[b]V/LA on weekends a lot. Soz beefz.[/b]

Return to “Mafia Discussion”