Newbie 810 - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:11 am

Post by Zachrulez »

And a whole different issue with that idea is that mafia may not see the same player you do as the least lynchable player.

I have watched people I was certain were scum eat a NK because the mafia didn't see things my way.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:17 am

Post by KittyMo »

That's why I was going to be forced to kill ronnieroo N3, because it would make no sense for BlueRaven or Geek to die instead of me. =/

Besides, there are reasons to keep pro-town looking people alive. The WIFOM of them being alive, or if they tend to lead the town to mislynches.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:24 am

Post by Raskol »

Zachrulez wrote: Your logic draws the conclusion that a player who looks townie but hasn't been nightkilled is scum because scum can't be nightkilled. Experience will teach you that this isn't as black and white as you think it is. (I've had to learn this the hard way.)
No, it draws the conclusion that it becomes more
likely
that they're scum if that happens than if it didn't. That's all any scumtell can do.

The rest of your points are answered when you realize that, I think.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:28 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Raskol wrote:
Zachrulez wrote: Your logic draws the conclusion that a player who looks townie but hasn't been nightkilled is scum because scum can't be nightkilled. Experience will teach you that this isn't as black and white as you think it is. (I've had to learn this the hard way.)
No, it draws the conclusion that it becomes more
likely
that they're scum if that happens than if it didn't. That's all any scumtell can do.

The rest of your points are answered when you realize that, I think.
Well mathematically everyone left in the game is more likely to be scum for the mere fact that there are fewer players left in the game and a higher percentage of scum in the game.

But not being nked is not a scumtell. It's something you have no control over as town.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:33 am

Post by KittyMo »

Last time (and the only time) I've seen someone seem Too Townie they were actually a townie. The scum didn't kill them in order to WIFOM the town into their lynch. This backfired miserably, as the town came to the conclusion that this person was so obvtown that they built an entire plan around them and the cop-confirmed-innocent player staying alive and lynching everyone else.

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 14&start=0 if you wanna read the game.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:42 am

Post by Raskol »

Everything can be WIFOM'ed. Mafia can do all sorts of things that are contrary to their win conditions in order to fuck with people's minds. That doesn't change the fact that they're contrary to the win conditions.

Anyway, I was just throwing that out there. I don't really care at this point if I convince everyone.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:56 am

Post by KittyMo »

Raskol wrote: But yeah...guys, if you have someone alive in LyLo who is that "clean", you should be suspicious of them for that! Those are exactly the people that mafia wants dead, and their survival should raise questions for you. I know that might sound kind of weird, but there it is.
True in some cases, but not in others. :) I don't think they should've neccessarily been extra suspicious of me, but they could've not been as sheep-y. I say we massclaim? They do it. I demand that we look at vote bandwagons? They do it. I say we give everyone's reads on people so I can laugh at the fact that they all think I'm protown and see who I should kill off Night 3? They do it. I don't organize the day's lynch? It doesn't happen.
Raskol wrote: And overall, I have to say: excellent play by scum in this one. Well done!
Thanks. I'm pretty proud of my play this game. =]

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:03 am

Post by KittyMo »

EBWOP:
By the way, the reason I wanted a massclaim because I was dying to find out who the cop was. lol :)

"plz don't swear" -- N
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:05 am

Post by Zachrulez »

KittyMo wrote:EBWOP:
By the way, the reason I wanted a massclaim because I was dying to find out who the cop was. lol :)
ROLEFISHING! OBV SCUM!

Daykill: Kittymo
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:14 am

Post by KittyMo »

Don't blame me; you're the one who taught me that that's a kick*** strategy as scum. :)

"plz don't swear" -- N
12Keyblade
12Keyblade
Goon
12Keyblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:53 am

Post by 12Keyblade »

geekalicious wrote:
xRECKONERx wrote:Also: I don't see how after I got NK'd following my suspicions on Kraut and Keyblade, there wasn't an immediate witch hunt on those two.
I figured you were knocked off because you're an IC, and your death thus served to spread confusion.
Si, si senor!
KittyMo wrote:That's why I was going to be forced to kill ronnieroo N3, because it would make no sense for BlueRaven or Geek to die instead of me. =/

Besides, there are reasons to keep pro-town looking people alive. The WIFOM of them being alive, or if they tend to lead the town to mislynches.
I would actually have kept her alive for the sheer WIFOM.

"What?? Our no-result cop is alive? Still? Hmm..."
Zachrulez wrote:
KittyMo wrote:EBWOP:
ROLEFISHING! OBV SCUM!

Daykill: Kittymo
Dayblock: Zachrulez.

Claim or die scum.
Join the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13797]Fluxx Tournament![/url]

[i]"Then I shall make you see... that your hopes are nothing! Nothing but a mere illusion!"[/i]
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:30 pm

Post by ronnieroo »

and saying whatever was easiest. Looking back on it, I should've replaced ouFirst I want to apologize for my lack of activity. No, it's not normally how I play the game. I was actually really surprised you guys didn't notice that the mafia games I showed you were over 3 months old. Anyways, the day after this game started I was called up to mod two different mafia games on different sites (I was last on both lists when I signed up. People went AFK. One ended a week later, the other ended two days ago) You guys basically ended up being ignored. By the end of day three, I was basically planning to vote for KeyBlade and say whatever was easiest. Lookin back now, I should've requested a replacemeant. For that I apologize.

*Rams head against wall* I investigate all the right people and get no results. Figures. Kitty Congrats. It was an excellent game. *rams head against wall again* Should've gone with gut feeling.

@KeyBlade: You don't know how hard I thought about claiming vanilla and hoping someone else would claim cop.

@Kitty: If you had left me alive I would've been a very easy lynch target.
Monsieur
Monsieur
Townie
Monsieur
Townie
Townie

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:29 pm

Post by Monsieur »

lol wasn't i like the only person to fos kitty
should've pursued her more over geek.
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:07 pm

Post by geekalicious »

KittyMo wrote:woohoo, I may end up being Geek's IC in his next game. hopefully we'll be on the same side this time. :)
Haha, yeah, I noticed that it could be a possibility. I hope you are even though you pwned me. :D
You're just jealous 'cause my geekshake brings all the nerds to the yard.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:57 pm

Post by KittyMo »

@ Ronnie: Yeah, game apathy happens. It's cool. :)

@ Monsieur: Hahaha. I was not pleased with you, since you were the only one to vote me besides TFGM, except for BlueRaven and Reckoner's random votes. Speaking of that, you all should've just gone with my random vote wagon. :P

@ Geek: Well, if I'm scum again, I'll have to adapt my playstyle because you'll know my scum playstyle. :)

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Oh, and speaking of Monsieur and his read on me, I found it continually hilarious that on most people's lists, either I was leaning way town and Keyblade was leaning way scum, or vice-versa. None had us both marked as scum or both as town.

"plz don't swear" -- N
Monsieur
Monsieur
Townie
Monsieur
Townie
Townie

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:24 pm

Post by Monsieur »

lol i would've never guessed keyblade
we played a game on another site like this, and he lead a lynch on me saying it was his gut instinct; i ended up as a villager. from that point forward, i thought his horrible reads were due to bad intuition not due to fabrication (i.e being mafia)
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:42 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Last Post.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”