Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2005 1:25 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

rawr, coolbot didn't do anything scum, and this game needs to focus on something more important, like lynching scum! :wink:
Permanent V/LA.
Nonchalance
Nonchalance
Townie
Nonchalance
Townie
Townie

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2005 2:03 pm

Post by Nonchalance »

I agree, Mastermind, but we don't have very much to go on. In my experience (which, I'll freely admit, is rather limited) the way to uncover who is scum and who isn't is to explore and discuss what people say and their decisions. So, while it's fine that you don't think Coolbot did anything scummy, it doesn't hurt to probe into it and get a reaction out of him and out of other people.

I've played with FD2 before--it was our first time ever playing mafia in another forum--and while he is a good player and catches on very quickly, he's still a newbie (exactly like me) and all newbies make mistakes. If you compare him to me, he's actually a lot better than I am because I just got myself mod-killed in another game here! So I think a no-lynch day vote isn't such a big mistake to warrant lynching him.

Coolbot's attitude towards FD2 is way too harsh, I think, but I'm not sure if it warrants getting him lynched. Maybe he just wants someone whom he views as a noobie (unfair as this sounds) out of the game.
FOS Coolbot
but for now, no lynch.

And I might just be deluding myself, but it seems to me there's a definite link between Coolbot and PeaceBringer. Anything you'd like to share, guys?
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2005 2:37 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

End-of-the-Weekend Vote Count
, powered by The Count-Counter 2000:

CoolBot - 3 (Save the Dragons, rolandofthewhite, Stam)

PeaceBringer - 2 (esme, milkman)
FD2 - 2 (CoolBot, dragyn_mage)
mneme - 2 (Nonchalance, Dranko20)
PookyTheMagicalBear - 2 (Locus Cosecant, Mastermind of Sin)
Coron - 1 (mneme)
milkman - 1 (PeaceBringer)
Enigma91 - 1 (Derk2009)
Stam - 1 (Bamboomancer)
No Lynch - 1 (FD2)

Not voting (5): Coron, The_Machine86, PookyTheMagicalBear, brushhopper, Enigma91

11 to lynch. If Enigma91 does not post/pick up my prod by tomorrow, I will be looking at replacing him.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2005 10:05 pm

Post by esme »

Currently, it seems that people are divided between voting against a no-lyncher and voting against people taking advantage of a no-lyncher.

Now, this seems a bit at odds with the reaction to Pooky. We don't know whether the claim is true, if it is true we don't know if there isn't one scum involved regardless. So, why do you automatically not vote him because of his claim?
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2005 3:08 am

Post by CoolBot »

No lynch is one of the worst things the town can do Day 1. No lynches benefit scum because they cannot die, except by vig or rival scum. Once I hear from FD2, I'll rethink my vote, but for now it stands.
Stam
Stam
Goon
Stam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2005 4:20 am

Post by Stam »

I agree "no lynch" is bad. What made me vote on you was your claim that FD2's inexperience is no excuse, when you should be aware of newbie protowns voting "no lynch" a lot. Indeed we should wait for FD2 to say something.
I am in favor of a modprod

esme, I do suspect Pooky, but I think we can afford to give him a grace period. At time he might be able to explain more. Anyway, since I don't trust CoolBot, I would be happy to hear some other experienced player say if any of what CoolBot said on Pooky makes sense, trying, of couse, to minimaze the damage to whatever Pooky is trying to do if he is protown.
I got 2 goodie points from Phoebus!
rolandofthewhite
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2005 8:02 am

Post by rolandofthewhite »

I believe that I heard (I'm not sure whether it was in this game or another) that FD2 was having computer trouble.
Quiero hacer contigo lo que la primavera hace con los cerezos.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2005 8:28 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Saturday, Phoebus in Greek Myth I wrote:
FD2 is having PC problems but has not indicated yet that he needs to be replaced.
Unless it gets serious, I will not be replacing him.
Let's give it a few days.
I'm willing to wait on FD2 for now (especially since I'm having comp. problems of my own), but Enigma91 will either be posting or replaced by tomorrow.
brushhopper
brushhopper
Goon
brushhopper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2005 9:09 am

Post by brushhopper »

So what do we do today? Would it be worth it for a cop to reveal their investigation if they found scum?
milkman
milkman
Goon
milkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2005 9:45 am

Post by milkman »

brushhopper wrote:So what do we do today? Would it be worth it for a cop to reveal their investigation if they found scum?
I really don't think so. The cop is one of the only sources of information we have.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2005 1:36 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

For all we know, Pooky decided to be artsy, and it has no meaning to this game.

If not, it is quite possible again that he's referring to one of his huggle buddies.

If not, it's also quite possible that he's mason with a lover.

If not, it's also quite possible that there's someone out there that is his lover, and, seeing IS was a herb....ologist...can't remember...anyway, Pooky would know that his lover is still alive and out there.

If not, it's also quite possible that Pooky is scum, and he's working up an alibi of confirmed innocents with another mafia buddy.

And not all scum incite is bad. You obviously shouldn't trust anything unconditionally, except common sense, because otherwise someone in town will hopefully detect any obvious bullshit.

I say we best leave it alone for now.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2005 3:46 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Mod Note:
FD2 has asked to be replaced due to real-world concerns;
Phoebus replaces Enigma91 effective immediately

However, that still leaves 19-20 of you here, and there is not much discussion going on. If it does not pick up by the time the replacements arrive, I will set a deadline. Remember that a Game Day will never last longer than 29 1/2 days, regardless of deadline.

The moon advances in its orbit, whether we want it to or not...
rolandofthewhite
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2005 7:56 am

See? I knew there was something with the moon. :shock:
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2005 8:12 am

Post by Phoebus »

I'm typing this as I read up.

So, some things might be moot by the time I post, others might not.
Nonchalance in Post 20 wrote:I'm going to guess, with 22 players in the game, 3 or 4 werewolves. Since we don't have a SK or a second group, I'm leaning towards 4.
Has it been
expressly
mentioned that there is only one killing group?
Given the name of the game and only one night kill, I concur that it's not a bad conclusion. However, it is not the best conclusion that can be immediately leapt to.
IS died. Maybe his target survived? Maybe there's a blocker.
There might be other loony types in a village who want to eradicate the wolves and in their paranoia or mania, extend their killing to others.
If more kills turn up later, it can easily be said that you were one of the earliest to shift away from possible multiple killers.

I regularly have 6 evil roles in a game of 21. This is 22 people. While I wouldn't outguess the mod, isn't 4 too few?

Note as I read page 1: Pooky is awesome but crazy if he wrote that himself. While I think he could easily write that himself, seeing his histrionic abilities in the WKLML thread in mish mash, it isn't exactly easy to just go writing poetry. I wonder if he was required to post it...
mneme in Post 28 wrote:OTOH, it's worth noting that IS getting bumped off sez (to me) that we've got at least some experienced players among the mafia.
Au contraire. With Locus and IS in the same game, they can always be relied upon to provide lynch fodder for the first couple of days. At least Locus can.
As scum, I would've left well alone and gone for someone else who might not have potentially gotten doc protection. Scum had no way of knowing IS would be a doc himself and he's probably the "most experienced" in this game and a good candidate for doc protection night one.
I don't claim experience in game play but I claim presence of over a year when I make these comments.
Seeing as scum went after IS, missing the fact that he may have been protected (thus potentially wasting a kill) and also that Locus would almost invariably get himself lynched day one if IS was alive, I'd be inclined to say that scum are rather inexperienced and went after reputation than strategy - which has, luckily enough for them, paid of.

As far as STD's comments go.
It might be boring when the wives kill the husband but 8 out of ten husbands
will
be killed by their wife. And vice versa. Though I'll give Locus some credit and leave well be for now.

Coming to which: Post 36
This is for a number of reasons, starting with the idea of killing the people you most fear, moving on to that of not making a night 1 kill on somene very new before they even get a turn in, and probably for other reasons as well. IS is probably particularly good in that respect, since he's less likely to get doc protection (because his playstyle annoys some people).
I agree with points one and two but beg to differ on point three. if you're playing a game to win, as doc, you can't let petty squabbles interfere with your job.

Post 51 - Coolbot concurs on most points. Careful of doublethink/WIFOM trap though.

General role comment:
Siblings (twins) or lovers are indeed two players connected.
There could be many flavours. The most common is that when one dies, the other will too, of heartbreak. However, I prefer avenging siblings. When one dies, the other can kill one person the following night only, as an act of vengeance. I have also used these siblings as searching masons - in mini 101 and in a game elsewhere. So, I'd agree with Coolbot that we should let Pooky be. Did I mention he's crazy, btw?
Pooky does mention a lover though, and maybe they're estranged.

Coron's being sloppy.
While his posts would indicate ignorance to me, if the mod throws us a spaanner at us in the form of a human mafia as well, I'm voting him - for his insistence on calling the scum in this game mafia, when they are not.
Not worth a vote yet though.
roland wrote:I had a thought about the scum groups. Maybe there is more than one group, but each group can only operate on one cycle of the moon? Almost like an even-night/odd-night mafia, except full moon and new moon mafia? The main reason I thought this was because of the picture of a moon in each post by the mod, but I could be way off. Just a thought. ::shrug::
Erm...wolves kill each full moon night, regardless. It'd be terrible to keep them hungry on odd nights wouldn't it? I have a feeling that moonpic might just be the mod being fancy. ;)

Brushhopper:
I don't know where you come from but you seem to have been reading up on games on scum. It's funny you don't talk much but immediately pop up with an fos for FD2's no lynch vote.
Are you being an archaic minded sheep who still believes in the adage that no lynch voter = scum? Or is it a pretense which will be followed by a:
He voted no lynch. He MUST be scum. A townie wouldn't POSSIBLY do that
?
I swear - that post (#72) just hissed at me like a snake popping out from the grass. Either that or I've finally started hearing voices/sounds in my head.

Reading on, Coolbot receives a: :roll:

+2 goodie points to Stam. I know FD2 is just learning to play mafia, so I'd put it down to newness.
Bamboomancer in Post 85 wrote:FD2 probably didn't really know the rules, and I don't think that this is really a reason to lynch him, but I don't really know of any better targets.
Have YOU read the rules? The mod *does* allow no-lynches you know.

Well, that's about it for now.
With FD2 requesting replacement, his "behaviour" will prolly be put to bed with the arrival of the new replacement.
While Coolbot is being silly, according to me, since our thoughts meet (at first glance) I won't be voting him.
PeaceBringer makes some sense in that regard. (OMG!)

For now, I
vote: Dranko20
on a general feeling after reading the thread in one go.

And I must say - I now officially love STD. I dunno why I don't play more with him or he doesn't play more in my games! Something that needs to be looked at.
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2005 8:23 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

NanookTheWolf replaces FD2, effective immediately.
We're back to a full game. No deadline, as conversation has already picked up. Thanks!
rolandofthewhite wrote:See? I knew there was something with the moon. :shock:
Errr, you do know what game you're playing, right? :wink:
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2005 8:29 am

Post by Phoebus »

Bah!
If I die tomorrow, wolfie did it.
OMG! It's almost poetic. He should be voted just out spite!
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
rolandofthewhite
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2005 8:33 am

Mr. Flay wrote:Errr, you do know what game you're playing, right? :wink:
Sorry. I got excited when I saw that the moon had changed, because I thought my theory may have been right. :?

So can we assume that the moons are just decoration,
mod
?
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2005 9:32 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

rolandofthewhite wrote:So can we assume that the moons are just decoration,
mod
?
If you go to a site such as http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/vphase.html you'll see that the moon phases I post are the actual phase at that time/date. They will help you keep track of how long you have until a required Twilight; other than that, I'm not going to confirm/deny any theories about them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just-So-We're-Clear Vote Count
, powered by The Count-Counter 2000:

CoolBot - 3 (Save the Dragons, rolandofthewhite, Stam)

PeaceBringer - 2 (esme, milkman)
NanookTheWolf
{was FD2}
- 2 (CoolBot, dragyn_mage)
mneme - 2 (Nonchalance, Dranko20)
PookyTheMagicalBear - 2 (Locus Cosecant, Mastermind of Sin)
Coron - 1 (mneme)
milkman - 1 (PeaceBringer)
Phoebus
{was Enigma91}
- 1 (Derk2009)
Stam - 1 (Bamboomancer)
Dranko20 - 1 (Phoebus)

Not voting (5): Coron, The_Machine86, PookyTheMagicalBear, brushhopper, NanookTheWolf

Still 11 to lynch. I have taken the liberty of removing FD2's
No lynch
from the count for Nanook.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2005 9:59 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

nice touch with the moon phases, mod
Permanent V/LA.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2005 11:19 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

To start ..
Unvote: No Lynch
, not a particular fan of it myself except in rare cases.

After reading the game, I see that most of the players truly believe that Pooky is a twin/lover. I never saw him say that, I read his poem which was quite tasteful *hugs*(not huggles) Pooky. Just he loves another in the game doesn't necessarily mean it has to do with the sibling role, he could be glad a fellow mason is still alive, fellow wolf perhaps, who knows. Just alot running through my head with that one.

Anyways, On to other issues, don't get me started on the No lynch bit as I don't have anything more to add then what has already been said. Why FD2 voted that way is something that we won't know now.

The reaction from Coolbot was expected so I won't be voting for him. I knew someone would blatantly come out like that (someone always does), and for Coolbot to be the one it doesn't cease to amaze me.

Can't really identify any one particular player's experience as I don't know if some are from other sites and what not, and it feels degrading at times. I do know that some in this game are new to me though as I've not played in any games with them.
Phoebus wrote:Bah!
If I die tomorrow, wolfie did it.
OMG! It's almost poetic. He should be voted just out spite!
Don't trust anything this guy says .. If he dies tomorrow, someone else could have just as easily done it :wink:

Although, I will admit it is a habit of mine :lol:

Now watch, mafia are going to target Phoebus and try to pin it on me, :roll:

Since I like to have a vote somewhere, and the only thing I've got right now is a grudge ..
Oh My God You Suck Vote: Phoebus
rolandofthewhite
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2005 11:47 am

Ooh. I haven't seen an OMGUS in a while. :o
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2005 12:07 pm

Post by mneme »

Wow. I did lose track of the game for a while, didn't I?

I've read through Page 5; I'll catch up on pages 2-4 later.
Did I say too much?
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2005 12:07 pm

Wow. Thanks Phoebus...I guess... :P

What I'm curious is if we lynch someone before the full moon...do the wolfies still get to eat us? I'm thinking there's a wolf mafia that kills on the full moon regardless and maybe an SK/people mafia that kills at night. Although that'll be cleared up pretty soon, I guess.

Unvote
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2005 12:07 pm

Post by CoolBot »

unvote: NanooktheWolf
since he's not backing a no lynch anymore.

vote: Dranko20
for the same reason I was voting him earlier.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2005 12:09 pm

Hey, I'll bite into that.