Newbie 841 - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:22 pm

Post by ronnieroo »

Wait... I get no random votes? *runs off feeling left out*
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #47 (isolation #1) » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:44 am

Post by ronnieroo »

On other sites I've played many games, on this site I've only played one other game.

I personally enjoy playing scum more. It's so much more fun to flip scum and have people go OMG! She was scum??? Besides that, for me, it's easier to make my posts not sound scummy if I'm scum. I know that probably doesn't make sense, but it really is easier for me.

Rondom votes don't really get you anywhere (normally), but they start the game. Random votes seem to be unavoidable, especially in a noobie game. I agree with Chan on the FOS'ing thing. I don't like FOS's and very very rarley do I use them. As for L2, it's not really close to a lynch, but it's not far away. All it'd take is one townie and one mafia to jump on the lynch (or the other two pairs that chan suggested).
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #60 (isolation #2) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:05 am

Post by ronnieroo »

Why are we so caught up on what the IC has to say? They too can be mafia (if that is incorrect someone please correct me). I feel like leaning on the IC is a dangerous thing, if they come up mafia, then we've been following them the whole time.

I'd like to hear from everyone as to who they currently suspect. I'm currently watching Chan, because she's an active player and apparnetly knows what she's doing, thus making her a danger if she is mafia. I do not at this time think she is scum (or town for that matter), I'm only pointing out who I'm currently watching closely.

I honestly think OMGl's FOS'ing isn't terribly scummy. It doesn't strike as super pro-town, I think it's just a null tell personally.
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #80 (isolation #3) » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:59 pm

Post by ronnieroo »

OMGLyncher, if you're town, hiding in the shadows will not help at all. I've seen people lynched for lack of activity. Town needs opinions of other town, even complete noobie opinions are helpful. I'm not saying go crazy and never stop posting, just post enough that we can get a read on you and hopefully know how you feel about things.

I'm feeling a little bit nervous about Pablo right now.

"Otherwise, I'm just here to win the game for the town like (most of) the rest of you."

If that's not WIFOM I don't know what is. I don't find starting an OMGUS vote with OMGUSvote: that suspicous. He's a noobie. That could be tooken two ways, either a pro-town player making sure he isn't accidentally lynched during RVS or mafia being overly careful. Looking at the second part, he didn't rise up for what, three days? I know having to wait for posts is annoying, but RL is still there. I'm not defending OMGl, and at this time I do not believe he is town (or scum for that matter), I simply don't think the case is strong enough to vote on. It's early in day one, I'd like to progress alittle bit more and here more people's opinions. I honestly think a longer day one is better, more analysing gives town a better chance of lynching scum.

Currently watching:
T-Chan: Could be a powerful player, reasons stated in another post.
Pablo: The WIFOM scares me a little bit, especially considering you're an IC. I feel like you're trying to win town over with your posting style.
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #81 (isolation #4) » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:01 pm

Post by ronnieroo »

Ninja'd by Mitey...

Can you please elaborate on why you are keeping your random vote? I'm curious.
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #87 (isolation #5) » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:48 pm

Post by ronnieroo »

T-Chan: At this time, by powerful, I mean posts and can get opinions across in a way that they sound somewhat appealing.

Mitey: I was wondering if there was something else that made you suspcious. If it's based on banter at the beginning of the game, that's fine right now lol.
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #103 (isolation #6) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:03 pm

Post by ronnieroo »

Deathnote, why are you watching those particular people? Reasons please?

I'm not really convinced that anyone is scum, but I'm watching T-Chan and Pablo, reasons stated in my earlier post.

Ok, Now that I'm thinking about it, I understand why Mitey keeping a vote on me could be suspcious. It does look a little bit like scum trying to distance themselves from each other. I don't believe making me look like a possible scum buddy to him is his plan, right now at least. (I think I'm over thinking it...)

Mitey, how much expirence do you have?
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #115 (isolation #7) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:17 pm

Post by ronnieroo »

The reason I'm watching the people I'm watching is because they're influencial players, Pablo's WIFOM earlier in the game draws my eye. People who are good at convincing other people should be watched, especially since at this time we have little else to go on.

On OMGl's situation: I really do think the case is weak. OMGl is a newbie. I don't know about you all, but the first time someone came out and started arguing against me, I was a little bit uncomfortable as well. I know that this is completley playing the newbie card, but I just don't feel like lynching an all out noobie who did something foolish when the game is only five pages in. The thing that concerns me is OMGl's defence (It actually concerns me more then the case against him does, I still think the case is weak at best, but I will admit that his defence is only making the case sound more believable). It's great that you realize that you're being scummy, but try to recover. Don't go cower in a corner because people are suspcious of you. It doesn't work. (Ok, I've seen it work a few times at the very beginning of a few games, but in general it'll only make your situation worse). Actually the way you're defending yourself (lurking and saying yeah it's scummy) is scummy in itself. Ok... I'm sorry if that confused someone. Sometimes when I'm posting I start thinking about other options and change my mind. Summary: His defence is suspcious, but the case made against him is weak. I think it's too early in the day for a lynch, particualary on something as minor as this.

@The people who are watching me, what makes you think I have a potentional to be scum?

@Pablo I don't understand what you're saying. Are you encouraging people to vote for anyone that even midly draws their attention? If not, what exactly do you mean by pile the votes on? Etiehr way, IMO it doesn't sound terribly pro-town. It even sounds like it might be a reference to piling the votes on OMGl, and letting people think that they're just putting pressure on him. If so, then I'm going to need several more votes... Either way, I don't think it's a good idea. As you stated earlier, our vote is our power, people who throw it around too much draw attention to themselves, people who don't throw it around enough draw attention to themselves. Either way, I really don't like the way that sounds and would really like some clarfication.
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #116 (isolation #8) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:21 pm

Post by ronnieroo »

Ack, meant to put this at the end of the other post and forgot. If you need a nick for me please use either Ronnie (best) or Roo. I have a tendecy to miss things like RR or Ron, as I'm not used to being called that... If anyone doesn't like the Nick I'm using for them please let me know. :)
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #119 (isolation #9) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:57 pm

Post by ronnieroo »

I don't understand what you mean. If you feel like I'm not posting enough, please just say so. Are detailed posts a bad thing? As for not saying much about myself, I have no idea what you mean.

Happy Scumday Mitey! :D
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #123 (isolation #10) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:36 pm

Post by ronnieroo »

I'll get more agressive as the days go by. Right now there's not much to go on.

@T-Chan, Yes I do realize that. I'm pointing out that I feel like we're rushing things. As stated above, I don't feel like OMGl is scum or town. I'm stuck between noobie who made a mistake and scum who made a mistake. In a newbie game, it's hard to tell the difference. (With the newbie players at least). I don't currently see a better choice, but still hesitate to place a vote on hin. As you said, our votes are our power. I realize that the game will never move if no one ever votes, there are other ways to pressure a player though.
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #129 (isolation #11) » Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:28 pm

Post by ronnieroo »

God, where is everyone?

This is certainly not productive. Does anyone have any suspects other then OMGl that they would like to comment on?
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #138 (isolation #12) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:30 pm

Post by ronnieroo »

Pst... Mitey... I'm female. :P

"3. For the minor reason of stating he would not take off his random vote from Roo unless he had something better to vote for....and then took his vote off Roo right after Roo wished him a Happy Scumday. Coincidence...trying to build a favorable relationship with Roo?"

I really don't feel like Mitey is trying to buddy with me at this point. It just doesn't feel like buddying. On the buddying note, never ever try to buddy with me. Ever. Everyone has different opinions on buddying, but IMO it is a bad thing. If a mafia player is buddying with a town player, and the mafia player is killed, then the town player looks like scum. What I normally do, is if I am town, I think you're mafia, if I'm mafia and you're not, I night kill, if you're mafia and I'm a fellow mafia member, I'll bus you. That's just me. (Let's note that having stated these things in all likley hood I would not use them in this game, as that would be giving away my role.) I find the opinion interesting, but don't agree with it. Mitey, I would like to know why you changed your mind.

In the mean time, I really hope OMGl shows back up. I absolutly hate playing with replacements. It's difficult to get a read.
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #173 (isolation #13) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:50 pm

Post by ronnieroo »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Ronnieroo defending OMG looks scummy, like a scum partner defending another.
Ok, I was stating my current thoughts. I in no way said "Don't vote". It was early in the day. Rushing things is good for mafia, but not for town.

ronnieroo wrote: On OMGl's situation: I really do think the case is weak. OMGl is a newbie. I don't know about you all, but the first time someone came out and started arguing against me, I was a little bit uncomfortable as well. I know that this is completley playing the newbie card, but I just don't feel like lynching an all out noobie who did something foolish when the game is only five pages in.
Ronnie saying that "we shouldn't rush things" actually is very scummy.

We were five pages in. Do you think rushing things is a good idea? sure it works well in some games, but a mojority of the time, it leads to a town lynch. Moving on to the noobie thing, noobie games are actually hard for me to play (Hard games are actually easier. I confuse noobie mistakes and scum tells too easily. Don't play enough noobie games I guess). In the last game I played several town members died because of noobie slips. You'll note that I did later suspect him. I felt like rushing to lynch was a bad thing.

ronnieroo wrote:God, where is everyone?

This is certainly not productive. Does anyone have any suspects other then OMGl that they would like to comment on?
I wasn't trying to censor OMGl. It had been awhile since anyone had posted. Tunnel vision on OMGl isn't a good thing. I wanted to know if someone had any other suspects. As you state laster in this post, not moving the game along is scummy.

This is pretty scummy too, because she's trying to censor out OMGl.

Vote Ronnie

In addition, minor
FOS
to everyone who wasn't voting in the last vote count. Stalling the game = scummy.
Ok, I don't see not voting in one vote count is suspcious, and me trying to move the game along by trying to get people to talk is also suspcious? I don't understand that. I also don't like how you're encouraging everyone to "vote it up" Votes are great weapons, but voting without logic isn't a good thing. Please do vote is you have a suspect, but please state why your voting.
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #221 (isolation #14) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:34 am

Post by ronnieroo »

Tororingu-chan wrote:
RayFrost wrote:magical kangaRoo - buddying up to OMGl, very poor defense constituting "he's a newbie!" I don't approve of the defense, and it seems like an attempt to seem pro-town when OMGl flips town and, thus, avoid suspicion. This is supported by the fact the kangaRoo has not made even a moderately decent defense of him, and the defense made is half assed.
Just checking on something...... you are suspicious of RonnieRoo because she defended OMGLyncher (you), who is town?? o_O;;

When did it start being scummy to defend town?? x_x;
I think Ray means that he thinks I'm mafia defending town so that when he pops up town I'll look innocent.
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #223 (isolation #15) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:05 am

Post by ronnieroo »

I was trying to explain it from Ray's point of view, since either way he is going to claim he's town, I used a when.
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #232 (isolation #16) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:22 pm

Post by ronnieroo »

DeathNote wrote:So... thoughts? What do you think of Mitey being killed Ronnie? Why not someone else?
Well, it's a town loss. Better then the death of a Power role (if we even have any). Why not someone else? How should I know? Ok, I'm guessing that you are suspcious of me and are looking for a slip, so, why are you suspcious? If you have some other reason for singling me out with what is generally a broad question, please let me know.
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #250 (isolation #17) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:18 am

Post by ronnieroo »

I have been building a case against Pablo, but would really like to see his complete case on Fitz first.
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #286 (isolation #18) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:37 pm

Post by ronnieroo »

I’m sorry guys, completely spaced about this game.

Anyways, My thoughts:

I think I’m going to wait and see how the case between Pablo and fitz rides out before posting any of my case. I find Pablo’s answers interesting, and need more time to analyze them, (to decide whether or not I should drop the case or add more to it), I’ll probably re-read the thread tomorrow, and make a decision.

Regarding post 250: I was making sure he had stated his whole case. I hate it when people start accusing me when I’m in the middle of trying to make a point.

Also, T-Chan I think that DeathNotes voting times are very interesting. Thank you for pointing those out. I went back to check up on his posts, and I noted that nothing was longer then 3 lines. I find this somewhat disturbing… A very good active lurker perhaps.

Ok, expect more content between tomorrow and Saturday night.
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #296 (isolation #19) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:32 pm

Post by ronnieroo »

Ok, I’m back, and here is my commentary (For the sake of keeping it a reasonable length, you guys get post numbers):

Post 64: Very obvious WIFOM from Pablo
Post 73: DeathNote accuses Lyncher of fading in the background and also openly admits that he did the same thing. I find that a little contradictory. Uses ‘everyone else is doing it’ as a reason for not posting. That’s not good strategy.
Post 94: Paltry votes for Havingfitz (Not really much of a reason stated). Looking at this now, I feel like it might be a trick to distance himself from fitz when the focus was clearly on OMGl.
Post 97: DeathNote basically goes, ‘Yep. Yep. Good point.’ I find that annoying and suspicious. Only thing no one had said before was that Fitz might be having trouble getting online.
Post 98: Palty unvotes Fitz the post after his vote was challenged. I find that midly scummy.
Post 101: DeathNote posts more stuff that’s already been stated. Also says he’s watching three people and doesn’t give reasons.
Post 102: I ask DeathNote to give reasons. (I NEVER got those reasons.) Seems like DeathNote may’ve just given three people so that we’d move on to looking at the cases on other people where reasons were given.
Post: 106: DeathNote says he will post more stuff tomorrow… never does.
Post 137: DeathNote once again goes, Yup good point, but never seems to post anything of his own. (Are you starting to see a pattern?)
Post 141: Fitz puts OMGl at L-1, admitting that scum could easily jump on the wagon and quick lynch him.
Post 142: Pablo Votes for Fitz, saying he doesn’t like having OMGl at L-1
Post 158: DeathNote posts more nonsense… still nothing useful.
Post 166: One line post basically saying do not lynch Ray (Note that his vote is still on Ray)
Post 174: DeathNote unvotes Ray.
Post 177: DeathNote puts his vote back on Ray. Seems like he should make up his mind.
Post 194: DeathNote posts more nonsense. Not one of his posts so far have had any content worth reading.
I’d like to note that Pablo also really hasn’t done much either.
Those are my comments/summary up to post 200. I will post the rest tomorrow. >_>
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #309 (isolation #20) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:14 pm

Post by ronnieroo »

Fitz: That's not my case on Pablo, ROFL.

Ack... I hate replacements. >_<

I apologize, but I have a ton of homework to do (I slacked off all weekend) posts 200 on will come tomorrow. Sorry people.
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #310 (isolation #21) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:16 pm

Post by ronnieroo »

And by fitz I mean PaltyExcuse... Yeah...
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #314 (isolation #22) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by ronnieroo »

Pablo, I'm guessing that PE didn't read the post before posting his EBWOP, but just assumed that it was a case against you.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”