Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:59 am

Post by Kise »

Well, if you want to be the lynch instead.. I'll help you with that.

Insanity Infraction
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:00 am

Post by Kise »

Well, if you want to be the lynch instead.... *twitch* .... I'll help you with that.

Yet…
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:00 am

Post by Kise »

Damn it

*twitch*

Tried to hit the escape key hoping it wouldn't go through..

Yet…
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:53 am

Post by SlySly »

Kise wrote:Damn it

*twitch*

lol, keep it up and you can add non-twitched to death in your sig.
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:11 pm

Post by dramonic »

Kise is so not making it XD
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:45 pm

Post by Magua »

ZykeZero wrote:As for the dead line or the lynch I think we can do better. We can find someone to lynch, we should take this next day to go back, double check our theories and pick the strongest candidate. The sooner we can get a result the sooner we can start applying theory to practice.
If you think we can do better, give a better case. This is the equivalent of saying "I'm here, rereading." It seems like you want to derail the (I assume chenhsi) wagon without having any idea what to replace it with. That's warning bells.
ZykeZero
ZykeZero
Townie
ZykeZero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:14 pm

Post by ZykeZero »

Magua wrote:
ZykeZero wrote:As for the dead line or the lynch I think we can do better. We can find someone to lynch, we should take this next day to go back, double check our theories and pick the strongest candidate. The sooner we can get a result the sooner we can start applying theory to practice.
If you think we can do better, give a better case. This is the equivalent of saying "I'm here, rereading." It seems like you want to derail the (I assume chenhsi) wagon without having any idea what to replace it with. That's warning bells.
I don't mean find someone better, just DO better. I'm still not used to this forum. I just feel like our current lynch is lacking. I'll be the first to admit that it's not entirely solid, but it's a start. Maybe just because it's day 2 we don't have too much to go on. I just think we could really come together under some good guidance and make a definite desision.

I'm not trying to derail the chenhsi lynch because I'm voting for him too that would be silly, I was just saying we could probably focus in convince everyone else instead of waiting a week. But I know how you guys like to deliberate so the lynch may not be chenhsi in a week.
Furpants_Tom
Furpants_Tom
Goon
Furpants_Tom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:37 pm

Post by Furpants_Tom »

I want to derail the chenhsi lynch because I want someone find out what Deathnote's alignment is tonight instead of waiting until tomorrow night. I think that licensing people to murder to "clear" themselves is ludicrous, given the risk that successful murderers actually present to the town.

I'm no longer sure what Zyke's argument is - my current reading he's in favour of a chenhsi lynch, but thinks that the bandwagoners aren't successful enough at persuading the rest of the town. Previous posts made it look more like he was agnostic on chenhsi, and just wanted more options to choose from, or a better grade of argument. Perhaps I'm just not getting the subtleties, but if this is what you're getting at, and you're convinced that chenhsi is a good lynch, why not provide some of that discussion, Zyke?
Furpants_Tom
Furpants_Tom
Goon
Furpants_Tom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:11 pm

Post by Furpants_Tom »

Also: what happens to our Datadanne v Deathnote plan if Deathnote is still alive tomorrow? We will have no way of telling if he was resuscitated, or if Datadanne never tried. Plus, they'll both have an excuse to be bloody, and Datadanne can explain away an insanity.

If I was Datadanne, and I was a murderer (which is far from impossible), I wouldn't target the potential cultist who knows he's about to get got. I would be targeting some unsuspecting lurker who is not going to attract the attentions of a medkit holder, to get me that much closer to my win condition.

If I was Datadanne, and I was a cultist, I would definitely try and save my colleague's life for one more day, if I thought I could get away with it. Putting off a cult lynch for a whole day is good news, especially if you've already lost a slew of team-mates. Considering Deathnote put his own head in the noose, I personally wouldn't step up to defend him in this way, but it can't be discounted.

If I was Deathnote, and I was a cultist, I would definitely make sure that another cultist with a medical kit was protecting me tonight. Obviously. Unless Datadanne is a cultist too, in which case I'm laughing my arse off (aka LMAO).

In fact, the only way that Deathnote definitely ends up dead in this scenario is if he's an investigator and Datadanne is an investigator.

Dear town, what are you smoking?

Vote 1 Deathnote!
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:32 pm

Post by dramonic »

It's called survival Tom. If Data/Deathnote want to live, they have to follow direct commands (a bit like me really)
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:41 pm

Post by chenhsi »

We will have no way of telling if he was resuscitated, or if Datadanne never tried
I think even if DN was non-cult, cult would still want to protect him tonight...
I lost the game.
Furpants_Tom
Furpants_Tom
Goon
Furpants_Tom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:49 pm

Post by Furpants_Tom »

dramonic wrote:It's called survival Tom. If Data/Deathnote want to live, they have to follow direct commands (a bit like me really)
But this plan means that we will have no idea whether or not they actually followed a direct command. And one of them won't live anyway, if all goes as planned - the one who's already signalled that he plans to take any opportunity to survive.

This isn't just wrong, it's obviously silly. If we want Deathnote dead, we need to vote for him right now. If you think chenhsi is actually scummier, then continue to vote for him.

VOTE 1 DEATHNOTE!
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:19 pm

Post by DeathNote »

@F_T- we have already been through the option of lynching me many times now. Either way, my odds for survival are extremely low. :/
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Datadanne
Datadanne
Goon
Datadanne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:47 pm

Post by Datadanne »

How bout this?
Deathnote reses someone in danger of being killed tonight, Then he (DN) can´t be resed, If the cult does so.
Then i murder deathnote.

Happy now?
Show
Acheivements:

- Won 400000$ in Mafia Deal or no deal.
- Killed 3 mafia members in his first 3 vig nights.
- Reserved
Datadanne
Datadanne
Goon
Datadanne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:48 pm

Post by Datadanne »

Kise wrote:Let's get rid of JamesBond then.

Said before, Said again.
Why?!
Show
Acheivements:

- Reserved
Furpants_Tom
Furpants_Tom
Goon
Furpants_Tom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:21 pm

Post by Furpants_Tom »

Datadanne wrote:How bout this?
Deathnote reses someone in danger of being killed tonight, Then he (DN) can´t be resed, If the cult does so.
Then i murder deathnote.

Happy now?
Well, no.
a) He's already said he won't play along.
b) Even if he does say he'll play along, he probably won't. If he is cult, why on earth would he?

c) When we wake up tomorrow, and he's still alive, he will say the following:
"I res'd some guy, but no-one ever came to kill me! Datadanne is gambitting scum!"
And you will say the following:
"I went to kill him, and someone res'd him! He didn't do what he said he would, he's gambitting scum!"

And we will say:
"Derp derp derp, let's get rid of JamesBond then!" because we will have exactly no more information about either of you than we do today.

Anyway, why exactly *are* you so keen to have blood on your hands?
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:39 pm

Post by dramonic »

we'll know who's lying based on the death-count.
I'm a hoot
Furpants_Tom
Furpants_Tom
Goon
Furpants_Tom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:50 pm

Post by Furpants_Tom »

How?

You only need one cultist to do the ritual; and it could be Deathnote, even while he's being protected.

And how could we tell if Datadanne just decides not to kill Deathnote for some reason (i.e. he's busy killing someone else, or is a cultist)?

There will be a cult kill tonight; and probably a murder as well (probably not Deathnote); and neither of these facts will tell us anything useful about Datadanne or Deathnote.
Furpants_Tom
Furpants_Tom
Goon
Furpants_Tom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:57 pm

Post by Furpants_Tom »

Oh yeah, VOTE 1 DEATHNOTE!
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:27 pm

Post by Cass »

Tom, Datadann can only murder someone else tonight if he also stalked someone else last night. And in that case, his play today was extremely self-destructive, so I don't think so. (The only way he could get away with that is if another murderer stalked DN too...)
And I don't see why we can't wait to know his alignment. We'll know plenty of alignments tomorrow, I'm sure we can get plenty of information from those.
Can't bake an omelette without killing a few people.
Furpants_Tom
Furpants_Tom
Goon
Furpants_Tom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:16 pm

Post by Furpants_Tom »

If Datadanne was already a murderer yesterday, he may or may not have stalked DN. However, he would have realised that, given his stated intent to do is, it would be a smart move for another wannabe murderer to stalk DN as well - knowing that he would be able to share the kill, punch through a single res aimed at DN and avoid alerting people that there was another murderer on the loose.

If Datadanne was smart, and I think there's no evidence to the contrary, he may have decided that he would be smart to target some bystander while one of his potential rivals took a shot at the guy more likely to be protected.

In any case, my fundamental objection stands - what if Deathnote is alive tomorrow? We then know nothing. And if he is dead, we've just moved Datadanne 1/3rd of the way towards a viable anti-town win condition, with our blessing.

Bad move, town, bad move.

P.S. I guess I should put on the record that I just don't find chenhsi that dodgy, either. I'm still not really clear where that bandwagon is coming from.
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:59 am

Post by nhammen »

*twitch*

So DeathNote voted for chenhsi. Is that a point for or against chenhsi? I am assuming that DeathNote is scum, because he has done so much badly that I highly doubt he is town.

@ Furpants - Who, other than DeathNote, has been "that dodgy"? If you say nobody, then look at EtR, our known scum, and look at who was connected with him. This is where our chenhsi wagon is coming from. EtR had some interesting interactions with both chenhsi and Seraphim (Seraphim was the other one, right?). chenhsi looks more likely to be scum to me, so I am voting him. Sometimes, you cannot be even close to sure about who is scum, so you have to go with the most likely.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:32 am

Post by semioldguy »

Furpants_Tom wrote:Also: what happens to our Datadanne v Deathnote plan if Deathnote is still alive tomorrow?
We lynch DeathNote, in which case his alignment reveal would come at the same time as if he were murdered tonight.

I am voting chenhsi because I think he is the most likely player to flip scum. Zykezero is right behind him in my suspicions, based off of my suspicions of him yesterday and his odd behavior today. I don't find DeathNote extremely scummy compared to a few other players here, though I think it would be dangerous to keep him alive until endgame.

@Datadanne
Which insanity do you plan on taking from tonight's action?

Also the motherboard on my computer was not working this morning; currently on someone else's computer. Mine's under warranty and they are sending out a replacement which hopefully should arrive tomorrow or Wednesday. It's likely I won't be on much or at all until it arrives and can be replaced.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
Datadanne
Datadanne
Goon
Datadanne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:23 am

Post by Datadanne »

VOTE 1 DEATHNOTE!

*Facepalm*

F**k, Im so stupid.
Should have picked Taboo: Reskit the last night.
Because when i get bloody tonight (Zomg), My res kit is destroyed.
(Yay i had a res kit.)

I think im going to pick twitchy, Cuz of my very empty sig.
Show
Acheivements:

- Reserved
Datadanne
Datadanne
Goon
Datadanne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:25 am

Post by Datadanne »

SlySly wrote:
Kise wrote:Damn it

*twitch*

lol, keep it up and you can add non-twitched to death in your sig.
Lol, If kise dies percy just has to death-Flavor this :)
Show
Acheivements:

- Reserved

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”