California Trilogy: City of Angels - On Camera (Game Over)

ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:04 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

Well, there is a reason for everything, and God's will seems to have decided that the correct Door is

Vote removed for tag violation in previous post. - Mod
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:34 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

Mod Note:
Dice tags are not allowed. All players are strongly encouraged to re-read the rules, particularly the parts in bold.
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:38 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

Mr. Odbody, I've already explained my reasoning. You can question that if you want. Regarding waiting, it didn't work that way yesterday, plus Ms. Fisher has already told us to stop waiting for information that isn't coming. I'm not sure why you're attempting to stall us.

Ms. Garrett, I'd really prefer you gave a reason instead of just flipped a coin. Just for posterity.
With a surge of power, the magnificent mega robot zooms off into space!
elmosaurian
elmosaurian
Goon
elmosaurian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:53 pm

Post by elmosaurian »

I never said that if we waited we'd get more information. Also, I'm not sure why you're in such a heavenly rush; we have almost another full week, and we should take all of it to make our decision.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:35 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

Mod Note:
MrJellyLee have not posted for 72 hours, and have received their first strike.
MrJellyLee
MrJellyLee
Townie
MrJellyLee
Townie
Townie

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:12 pm

Post by MrJellyLee »

After much consideration this afternoon, part of me [mbl] believes Orbots has the right of it. If KY as Carrie Fisher is a good guy, we should lean towards trusting him. If he's a bad guy, he might try to redeem himself if we choose correctly or incorrectly, thus he has chosen the "good" door. I believe the odds are in our favor if we choose Door One, though if the scum team is brilliant with their WIFOMmy foresight, they'll have anticipated this reasoning and chosen the opposite. I'd posit they're likely not that brilliant.
In flapdoodle we spew.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:03 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

uh.

*awkward pause*

what's going on?

all this crazy talk is going way over my head.

where can a brotha grab like a sandwich to eat?

I'm getting hungry.

You don''t want to see Kobe Bryant get hungry.
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:41 am

Post by Thok »

Godwin wonders how dense an athlete can be. He also realizes that if he had Kobe's millions, he wouldn't have gone to jail in the first place because he had good lawyers. Of course, if he had Kobe's millions, he wouldn't have killed the guy for money.

Sigh. Here's a quick rundown for Kobe.

Most of what we're doing is deciding a decision, rather than looking for evil people. Obviously, you should point out what scum tells you can, but we won't be hanging anybody up by their necks. There are other people who are currently in charge of doing that.

Carrie Fisher was offered a choice of three doors, one good and two bad (good helps town, bad helps scum, seemingly.) Carrie picked one door, another door was revealed and we now have a chance to stay with Carrie's door or switch. As you should know, this is a version of the Monty Hall problem, and in the abstract, our best choice is to switch.

The problem is that things aren't abstract, but rather that today's original Carrie was very likely evil, base on events that you can see today and yesterday. (For example, that Carrie didn't give a straight answer to half the questions he was asked today, and brought up talks of cults when that seemed unlikely.)

The more we think Carrie was evil, the more likely we should be tempted to stay, except at some point we start seeing wine in from of you, me, and everybody. The question is whether that wine switches the choice, or whether we should just stay with evil Carrie's original choice.

Also, Mrs. Newmar, my general inclination is to stay, given that it's fairly likely that the original Carrie today was likely to be evil. But I'm not yet ready to vote (and my real life counterpart went through about half a box off Kleenix yesterday with a cold. I should be better.)
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
elmosaurian
elmosaurian
Goon
elmosaurian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:10 pm

Post by elmosaurian »

This is the part I don't get.

Ok, the people working against us picking one of their own, having that person pick the "Right" door, on the assumption we would then switch, makes sense as a scum stratagy. I could totally see that happening.

But, if they were going to do that; why would they pick the member of their team that we were we were the most suspicious of? No matter who else is on their side, they would have to be less suspicious then the former Carrie; everyone is. So, why make her the advocate, if they wanted us to just follow the plan and switch?

Something's not adding up here.
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:02 pm

Post by Talilan »

I think it might be because they didn't want the town to have the advocate information? Any other advocate would have either had to give publically the correct info, or raise suspicions upon themselves.

~tal
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:43 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Mrs Newmar, why does it matter if I responded to you mentioning that you were going to take me today or not? Would you not have taken me today? Why or why not? I dont trust you because of your actions yesterday while picking driver's. I feel like I have said that over and over. I also did not know if those who are not innocent got a kill or not between "scenes". Was not going to indicate my intentions if there was going to be a kill. I could have replaced you yesterday when our visitor came and siad you should be replaced....I waited though, to see whoyou actually decided to take.

Dwezil, I assume you are talking to me. Do you really think I am stalling? Speaking of stalling, I dont know if you answered my questions, maybe you have but refresh this old beach combers memory...do/did you trust Mrs. Fisher's drunken state? I am not sure why you want to fly though this decision....what are you scared of?
elmosaurian
elmosaurian
Goon
elmosaurian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:48 am

Post by elmosaurian »

Carrie; do you think the old carrie didn't give us all the information she has? Do you think she might have gotten some you don't have access to?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:31 am

Yo guys

I don't think Carrie is lying to us, she's so hot and sexy and gives such a nice backrub.

seriously guys

how can someone that hot be evil.

now let's go win us a car!

Yo carrie baby, lead me to the promised land.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:23 am

Post by Talilan »

Emphatically Yes and Yes Mr Odbody! What do you think? Do you think that old Carrie, as the sole advocate in this scene, conveyed all her information appropriately?

Kobe, dollface, you shouldn't hit on movie stars wearing that cuddly little teddy bear suit. Cute as it is, but if I'm giving backrubs I wanna be feeling some LA Laker muscles... know what I'm saying?
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:24 am

Post by Talilan »

FTR, we did not get any advocate information whatsoever when we switched.
elmosaurian
elmosaurian
Goon
elmosaurian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:39 pm

Post by elmosaurian »

I would have thought that if the old Carrie had any information as advocate, that it would be given to you as well.
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:13 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

Dweezil looks disracted for a minute, not like his old self at all. He seems to be focused on something in the distance rather than anything in the here an now. When he speaks it's in a reflective tone as though he's talking to himself or people who aren't there at all.

You know, it's funny but it occurs to me that although I usually get inspiration in the form of colored lights or animals or everyday objects.

Like when someone I know passes on for some reason I seem to think of birds out of no where. If it was someone with nothing but good intentions it's a pure white dove in flight. Those that meant to mislead give me visions of a crow sitting on a telephone wire.

Mind you, most of the time there's no way to know what someone's intentions were until long after they're gone and my visions don't help determine intention at all. All that I get then is the image of a generic bird in a nest.

With all the dead philosophers and angles and what not in the crowd here it'd almost be a surprise if we couldn't count on some visions or something to help us out here.

Dweezil seems to regain a bit of focus and remember where he is. When he speaks again it sounds much more as though he's in the here and now. He looks around and says:

Man, I don't know about the rest of you, but when we're done picking these doors I could sure go for some chicken. Who's up for dinner when we get out of here?
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:23 pm

Post by Talilan »

What was the purpose of the above monologue?

Clarence: you realise you can just sent a letter to our host to ask if someone gets the information when they stuntman an advocate, as I said previously. We did so before coming in, and were told "no", so you will be told the same thing.

I'm putting my finger of suspicion on anyone beating around the bush and pretending there is some doubt as to whether the previous me is evil, for example Godwin and possibly Clarence also. That is not at issue. The issue is which glass they placed the poison in.

And I think we forgot this also but it's actually not at issue whether Carrie knew what door is correct irrespective of what information they received as an advocate. She did know which is the correct door, as she does for every scene, not by virtue of being the advocate but by virtue of being evil. Evil people assigned the good and bad doors to begin with.

FYI I believe we made up our mind awhile ago but we want to hear what others have to say first. Kelly, Kobe, John and Julie, we'd like you to take a stand please.
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:23 pm

Post by Talilan »

Mr Odbody, you must have missed my question. It was "Do you think that old Carrie, as the sole advocate in this scene, conveyed all her information appropriately? "

I now have another question for you. Why would you assume that a stunt-switcher would get the same information as the advocate? It would mean 2 actors with the same information, one on-stage and one off-stage, which would defeat the purpose of having a single advocate. I suspect it may be an underhanded way to try and sow suspicion of the new Carrie.

Those who are not convinced should ask the Mr Grey about whether an advocate's information is given to someone who stunt switches with them. He gave us a clear answer.

Dweezil, when we switched onstage we brought with us all the information that the off-stagers had for us. If they have anything further they will no doubt send a sign.

~tal
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:24 pm

Post by Talilan »

Doh
*waves at other half*
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:37 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

Dweezil looks surprised by the reactions from Carrie

Dude, Carrie, why the negativity? Even if you've been places the rest of us haven't you can't know what's happened there since you left. What harm is there in knowing what extra signs from the beyond might mean? Events that we know nothing of have to happen sometime and perhaps previously unexpected visions will give us insight into exactly what and when they are. You can't possibly object to more specific information can you?

Also I've gotten really hungry. Seriously, we're going to have to get something to eat soon.
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:43 pm

Post by Talilan »

Dweezil, thank you for clarifying. When you put it like that, I do agree.

Hopefully they're getting the caterers organised backstage for a celebratory dinner when we finish the scene.
~tal
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:44 pm

I'm taking a stand.

The new Carrie is way hotter than the old Carrie and I'd like to see her behind the scenes for a romp that will be totally consensual and in no way illegal. Cuz who wouldn't say no to Kobe?

Only the totally insane, and those shouldn't get a choice.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:45 pm

CARRIE I GOT ALL THE DINNER YOU NEED RIGHT HERE BABY
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:55 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

Are we really debating over which door will have the goat? If this weren't for charity, we'd have just waved it off as 50/50. Hell chances are Carrie picked at randomly. Why shouldn't we?

Door 2 please

Tags removed. Only votes at the end of the post are counted. - Mod
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”