Mini 843- The Fast and the Furious Mafia! (Over-Mod Error)

Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:54 am

Post by Starbuck »

I posted my V/LA in the V/LA thread. I have military stuff (command wide inspection/inventory) going on all this week and a bit of next. I am off and on. I'm following along, but I really don't have time right this second to make the analytical post that I want to. I should be able to catch up on all my games on Sunday. I apologize for the inconvenience but that's the way of life when you are in the military.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:38 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Boxman wrote:Well, I'm liking ani a lot more than Kodamma, so I guess I can
unFoS
him for now. I'm still watching you, though.
Thanks for the heads up.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:19 pm

Post by afatchic »

Vote Count Number 7!!

animorpherv1-(3)-Faraday, RossWilliam, Doombunny9

Starbuck-(3)-MordyS, rolandgarros, animorpherv1
RosWilliam-(1)-Starbuck
Shadow Knight-(1)-SpyerX

Not Voting-(4)-Shadow Knight, don_johnson, Tjoe Min Ja, Boxman

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Thoughts on activity:
Satisfied

V/La's
MordyS: V/La-9/21
Starbuck: V/La-9/20
Last edited by afatchic on Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Now taking sign ups:
The Fast and the Furious Mafia (Mini Theme)(11 spots left)

Upcoming Games:
The Bible Experience Mafia (Mini Theme)

Crazy Cops Mafia (Open Game)

Pre-In's are welcome for any of them.
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:12 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

Ugh, I'm pissed now because my computer froze right as I was about to post so I'll try to do this quick.

First of, just wanted to point out he vote count is wrong. Animprph is voting Starbuck as well as Mordy and roland.

Second of all is SK. SK, one of the main things people are complaining to you about is your lacking posts. If you could, could you please give a good post about the game and your thoughts. Also, don't give me any of that "There's not much to say about the game" because there's plenty.
boxman wrote:Well, I'm liking ani a lot more than Kodamma, so I guess I can unFoS him for now. I'm still watching you, though.
Ok, I don't like this. animporph is not less scummy because he isn't kodamma. As we already discussed earlier, Animorph does not get excused for being a replacemnet. Animorph gains all the scumminess kodamma had before he left.
Boxman
Boxman
Goon
Boxman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:06 pm

Post by Boxman »

I know, I just like his posting better than I liked Kodamma's - Kodamma's was scummy, while ani is taking time to post larger posts. I'm not excusing him, I'm still watching him carefully, I just like his posting better.
Show
Currently Playing:
Super uPick
Mini 894 - Vortex Mafia

Currently Modding:
Mini 885 - Mafia in the Village (need 2 replacements)
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:49 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Boxman is starting to give me the itch, but I can't pinpoint why it needs to be scratched. Seems like a bit too much coasting at the moment.

I'm not a fan of lists where the majority is neutra (anim)l. I like the reads and reasons, but they are too far between considering.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Tjoe Min Ja
Tjoe Min Ja
Goon
Tjoe Min Ja
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:14 am

Post by Tjoe Min Ja »

@mod : I'm going to have vacation from tomorrow till 24 Sept
Show
If you pick a fight with one Goblin, be ready to fight them all.
------ESL------
Finish game :
Mini 838: Jeopardy in Jefferson -over- Town - lose
Mini 839 -- Mafia Invasion! -over- scum win
Mini 840. Tajo's I love you Mafia -over- scum - win
StrangerCoug's Worst Nightmare: D├â┬®j├â┬á Bastard -over- Town - win
afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:48 am

Post by afatchic »

Tjoe Min Ja wrote:@mod : I'm going to have vacation from tomorrow till 24 Sept
[color]Thanks for posting! I have it updated in the first post. Can't wait to see you back on the 24th.
[/color]
Show
Now taking sign ups:
The Fast and the Furious Mafia (Mini Theme)(11 spots left)

Upcoming Games:
The Bible Experience Mafia (Mini Theme)

Crazy Cops Mafia (Open Game)

Pre-In's are welcome for any of them.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:02 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

SpyreX wrote:Boxman is starting to give me the itch, but I can't pinpoint why it needs to be scratched. Seems like a bit too much coasting at the moment.

I'm not a fan of lists where the majority is neutra (anim)l. I like the reads and reasons, but they are too far between considering.

If you see my other games (not just recently completed ones, the oldr ones, probably) when I replaced in, I use majority as neutral. The main factor for me is while going through the games, and taking more time to read each post, instead of just going through it to get along, because it gives me more of a feel.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:00 am

Post by SpyreX »

Which is all well and good but when taking the extra time results in a myriad of nulls I'm not stoked to the rafters.

However, that is secondary to SK falling off the face of the Earth.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:05 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

Mod: Can we get a prod on SK?
Shadow Knight
Shadow Knight
Goon
Shadow Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:46 pm

Post by Shadow Knight »

Didn't fall off anywhere. Can't get reliable access. Looking at Faraday, Ross, and Bunny. Will post more when the net is fixed.
Show
House of Mirrors- Dead
Werewolves of MH- Dead
MKM II- Dead
Wheel of Time- Dead
Fantasy- Coney Island

Town/Mafia/SK/Cult/Oth 5/3/1/0/0
Win/Loss/Draw/Abandoned 4/1/0/1
Shadow Knight
Shadow Knight
Goon
Shadow Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:41 am

Post by Shadow Knight »

Yay! Network connection at work has been restored. Hopefully, I can have a quiet 4 hour day so I can bust out a few walls o text. I generally find that the most dangerous scum are the ones who manage to become the leader of the thread. To that end, I'm going to do a quick PBPA of Faraday as he seems to be quite vocal but something was nagging at me while reading him in isolation.

Away we go.
Faraday wrote:/confirmed
Null
Faraday wrote:Vote Boxman

obv scum.
Random/joke vote= Null Tell
Faraday wrote:boxman who's scum?
Generating discussion is good, but you seriously expect a scum list this early? This strikes me as weird because at this point, boxman has 4 votes on him so its almost like you're daring him to OMGUS someone.
Faraday wrote:Do you not like bandwagons and think they provide information?

Don may have given a reason, but really, that makes him less likely to be scum, because....why? Do you think unexplained votes are scummy?

Surely Kodamma would/should be at the top since he placed a later vote on you and also didn't give a reason, no?
Another kinda odd post directed at boxman. The first question again seems like you're trying to get him to say something stupid. In the second part, you're challenging the list you just fished out of him and asking him another question where it seems like you're trying to trip him up. I've seen lawyers use this kind of questioning to discredit witnesses by getting them to say something stupid. My problem is that I don't know if this is coming from a townie who is actively scumhunting or a scum who is trying to get a townie mislynched.
Faraday wrote:where did i call your vote scummy?

i find you removing your unvote more interesting, and boxman not placing you top of his scumlist.
This was aimed at kodamma. In rereading, I can see why he would feel this way. You just asked boxman why kodamma wasn't higher on his scum list, so I can see kodamma making the leap that you're calling his vote scummier than Mordy, who was at the top of boxman's scum list. can you explain the second part a little better? You find the removing of his unvote (or did you mean his vote) more interesting? Also, are you saying you find kodamma's action more interesting than or equally interesting as boxman not putting him higher on the scumlist?
Faraday wrote:
Boxman wrote:Unreasoned votes attempting to bandwagon me to lynch within a few hours for a single semi-random vote are scummy to me, yes.
the likelyhood of you being lynched off a random bandwagon like that is ...what, pretty much zero.

this isn't a newbie game.
While its true that the chances of being lynched via random bandwagon are low, unexplained votes are never good as it lets the voter go back later and fill in whatever reason they feel like to make their vote look good. The only people who'd want to do that are scum. Therefore (in my book at least) unexplained votes = scummy. This is another post where you make comments, but don't really take a stand on anything. (Beginning to see a pattern.)

Faraday wrote:Well I can understand why you'd prefer not to be bandwagoned. I'm more-so seeing trying to see if you actually think the bandwagon has scummy motivations.

Bandwagons are a good way to end the 'random voting stage', the sooner that ends the better. I see nothing wrong with 3 people jumpin on in an effort to kickstart discussion.
I guess I'm confused here. You've been questioning him this whole time trying to figure out if he thinks a random bandwagon had scummy motivations? And now that boxman has said that he didn't mind being bandwagoned, but was more worried about the speed the votes were piled on (3 votes in 2 hours), you act as though he answered in a completely different way and you seem to reverse your thoughts on kodamma (apparently now, its not scummy at all to be part of that bandwagon?)
Faraday wrote:Starbuck anything else to add?

Also would like to point out the next few days are slightly hectic for me, moving in to a new apartment and first week of university, so I could be short on posting time.
Null.
Faraday wrote:
RossWilliam wrote:
Scum wants to be in the middle of an irrational bandwagon. I bet Kodamma was hoping somebody would jump on after him. Nobody jumps on, well then we gotta jump off! The last person to jump on always gets some attention, and thats bad for scum.
There is no real one place scum want to be. Trying to read his mind will get us no-where, I think he just simply jumped on the bandwagon. There's nothing particularly suspicious about that in and of itself.
rolandgarros wrote:Whoaaa this game is moving wayy faster than my last game haha...

With that said, what prompted everyone to start voting Boxman all of a sudden? I can see Faraday suggesting the worth of a bandwagon, especially minus the risk that he'd get randomly lynched... But can you clarify this more? This is my first non-newbie game, so perhaps a bit explanation might help.
Bandwagons are good, in general.

A vote is our means of pressure, thus more votes = moar pressure. The bandwagon on Boxman not only let us guage his reaction, but like we saw who he was suspicious of and so on. Basically it's a good way to kick the game off, and end the 'random voting stage' (hate that term).

rolandgarros wrote:Actually nevermind, I just caught up with the thread and it's starting to make more sense. Out of the three that bandwagoned, faraday and don I'd have to say come off as fairly neutral, assuming I'm wording my thoughts correctly. Kodamna's intentions, on the other hand, are quite debateable I'd have to say... Ross does have a point about kod...
Why do myself and don in particular appear neutral?

What do you mean by 'debateable'. Please clarify.
Kodamma wrote:While you are absolutely correct about me testing the waters with my bandwagon vote Ross, I think you, and others, misunderstand my intentions on unvoting.

It makes no sense for me to unvote fearing I was under scrutiny, as I've only become under serious scrutiny, since unvoting.

I stand by my statement when I unvoted, I found Boxman's reaction to be strong and I was not pushing for a player to feel threatened this early in day 1. I did find Faraday's probing questions to Boxman regarding his decision and placement of order of suspects interesting, mostly because, Faraday has yet to remove his vote from Boxman.

Hence my vote for Faraday. To which he raised suspicions of my allegiance, but did not answer why he left his vote up.

Food for thought.
Why don't you want a player, boxman in this case, to feel threatened this early on Day 1. Don't use it early in being day 1 as an excuse, that's crap, it's never too early to put people under pressure.

Thanks; I'm well aware I've yet to remove my vote. You also didn't answer my question in post 36. Where did I call you scummy, I was asking Boxman, using his logic, why you'd not be at the top of his scumlist. I didn't indicate your bandwagonning vote was scummy, and in fact I thought it was reasonably clear I felt the opposite.

I do not think he should be the lynch of the day (he probably won't either as it's only the start of the day and the main reasons for his lynch are bad in the first place
It was pretty much a random bandwagon, so obviously the reasons are less than stellar.

MordyS's 50/51 are solid/correct.
Starbuck wrote:I really didn't see what don_johnson saw of Boxman. It's supposed to be RVS, so why give a reason at all? I definitely don't like that quick bandwagon.

Now I'm not really that suspicious of don_johnson because at least he gave a detailed reason, but MordyS and Kodamma jumped on for no reason other than "who can resist a wagon!". Kodamma, once called out, quickly jumps off the wagon.

I'm not sure if I buy his defense in post 48.

FOS: Kodamma
Why FOS instead of vote?
Starbuck wrote:I know that you started it and I did just read it, so please don't tell me to re-read. don_johnson was the only person who gave a reason, you didn't even give one.
I really don't buy that you were trying to get the game moving.
Why are you trying to deflect attention?
Why not? What do you think his motivation was then?
So more or less, Mordy is FOSing me for disagreeing with him because we have different points of view.
This is a strawman.
Tjoe doesn't seem like the type who's going to contribute much information.....piggybacking can mean you're scum, or you're just lazy town.....lazy town is worst, because there's no solution for it....at least we can lynch scum. Lynching town is never a good idea.
This is all obvious and seems like posting for the sake of posting.

Do you think Tjoe is scum or lazy town at this stage?

Also

Unvote Vote Kodamma
Starts off by defending kodamma and arguing about scum vote tactics with ross. Then moves on to explain why bandwagons are good. asks roland why his and dj's vote on boxman are neutral, but kodamma's vote is bad. clarifies his questioning of boxman's scum order. Claims he wasn't calling kodamma scummy, just wanted to know why boxman didn't think he was scummier than mordy. reiterates that he doesn't find kodamma's bandwagon vote on boxman scummy. agrees that the bandwagon was random and therefore baseless. asks starbuck why she's only FOSing after she displays a lack of belief in kodamma's defense of his unvote. Asks for a firmer stance on tjoe. Ends by voting kodamma. Most of the things he's said about kodamma to this point are pseudo defenses of him (or at least his vote). I'm curious to know why the vote on kodamma here. What changed since the beginning of the post?
Faraday wrote:A quick meta of Tjoe seems to suggest this is actually standard-ish behaviour from him. General lack of content, bandwaggoning etc. Check your other posts yourself to have a look.

Will do a more in-depth read later tho' just in case. Uni first.
Meh.
Faraday wrote:
Tjoe Min Ja wrote:
Doombunny9 wrote:From what I've gathered Faraday seems pro-town to me so far. He has done nothing particuarly scummy in my eyes and is contributing a lot to the discussion. I would like to hear more from Kodamma before I do much more first. Kodamma-Can you please tell us everything you were thinking as you voted boxman and quickly jumped off?
I'll wait for kodamma too
Let's not all stop posting while we wait on him to show up though. There are other players in the game :P
Faraday wrote:There is no real one place scum want to be. Trying to read his mind will get us no-where, I think he just simply jumped on the bandwagon. There's nothing particularly suspicious about that in and of itself.
NOWHERE?...not entirely true.some scum may use MordyS' lead as momentum to bring more vote
Well from the qualifiers you used i.e. 'some' and 'may' then I'd say it kinda proves my point. Not really worthy of discussion though.
Faraday wrote:A vote is our means of pressure, thus more votes = moar pressure. The bandwagon on Boxman not only let us guage his reaction, but like we saw who he was suspicious of and so on. Basically it's a good way to kick the game off, and end the 'random voting stage' (hate that term).
quick bandwagon isn't good for town and can considerable anti-town.
this bandwagon was both good for the town and quick, obviously context is key, as with everything.

Re: Starbuck and her FOS: fair 'nuff really. It wasn't clear to me that you suspected Mordy more than Kodamma.
A call to not stop discussion while waiting for kodamma to come back. Then 2 quick comments regarding boxman's wagon and wagons in genera. nothing really here for such a big post (its 90% quote).
Faraday wrote:
Kodamma wrote: Reasons for the vote:
It tests the waters
It provokes discussion
It definitely ended the RVS stage although I seem to be the target as a result :)
This is fine, and was not something I, in this case was even curious about.
Reasons for the unvote:
My statement about him feeling threatened is truly what I felt. Why it mattered to me is that Boxman's reaction, and the resulting discussion between Boxman and Faraday, made it seem like Box is truly town. Meaning that, worst case scenario, all town had bandwagoned him and scum could easily pile on and hammer the lynch home. Although this seems unprobable, as it would make there actions very obvious to some players, why give them the opportunity.
How likely would you say it'd be for scum to quick lynch someone day 1? Unless they're say, completely incompetent, nothing so blatant will happen.

What about his reaction made him seem town? You think b/c he felt under threat he's more likely to be town? If that's the case then I flat out disagree, as it's a null tell. I actually thought he over-reacted a bit to a random bandwagon.
My gut in all of this though is that in my experience, Day 1 is usually spent with a lot of active town, tripping over their own discussions and quicly laid suspicions, resulting in us lynching one of our own and then re-evaluating on Day 2 as the scum have then killed whichever one of us during Day 1 was having the most productive discussions. It has also been my experience that most scum spend Day 1 hanging back and making low content posts to let the town deal with themselves.
I don't like this at all. Seems like an excuse to go lurker hunting (not in and of itself a bad thing fwiw) and excusing scummy behaviour if people are active. I realise that's probably an oversimplification of what you're trying to say, but still this rubs me the wrong way.
Also at this point, I am pretty sure Faraday's intentions are pure.
Wait...why?

I hope this helps us all on our further discussions, and I do understand why the interpretations of my actions combined with my recent absence led us down this road.
You seem to be tring too hard to appease everyone, like you don't want to ruffle anyones feathers.

There's no reason for a scum player to respond as adamantly as he did towards to quick bandwagon.
He also responded well to Faraday's discussion regarding logic behind people's moves and why they may be helpful vs. damning.

From what I've seen, a scum player in that position would be more inclined to invalidate the bandwagon through deflecting back onto those people that bandwagoned on him rather than listening to logic and dissecting arguments to find points of interest/contention.
I don't understand the first bit. Surely scum or town would have equal reason to oppose the bandwagon. Do you think his strong opposition to his
own
banwagon to be a town tell? That doesn't really make sense to me, if that's what you're saying.

But he (boxman)
initially
did point back to the people on the bandwagon did he not?
Are you guys the most obvious scumteam ever or just mindless sheep?
Seems to indicate he did find those on his bandwagon scummy. Sure he eventually agreed/conceded some points, but that wasn't his initial reaction.

Kodamma who's scum?

Shadow Knight now that we've heard from Kodamma what are your thoughts?

Mordy I have a hard time seeing much to cause you to unvote in Kodamma's last post, what in particular satisfied you enough to unvote.
I agree with the response to kodamma here. I highly doubt that scum would have piled on just to quicklynch someone day 1. I think he's right about day 1's usually being a bunch of townies pointing fingers at eachother, although there is usally 1-2 scum mixed in trying to blend in as well. However I didn't read that as an attempt to go lurker hunting. I read it more as a point in his favor as it looked like he was trying to prevent townies from attacking eachother and letting scum slip by unnoticed. I also agree with the question of why does Faraday get a free pass? Its almost anti-OMGUS which is just as bad as OMGUS in my book. If the rest of kodamma's post didn't read like misguided townie to me, I'd be on him for this. I'm starting to realize that your method of scum hunting is trying to get people to talk themself into a circle. I don't mind pointing out crap logic when you see it, but laying traps where you ask questions designed to confuse people is going to catch town as often as you do scum. I'm still on the fence whether Faraday is townie or scum at this point.
Faraday wrote:@ Mordy: That's probably fair enough re: the Low content vs lurkers thing, but I still don't really like it. I see your point though.
RossWilliam wrote: Heads up scum. Being buddy-buddy with the town doesn't mean a thing. We'll lynch you anyway. So Kodamma and anybody else, you might as well stop playing the social game now because there is no social game to be played.
God I don't like this
at all
. It seems completely off, and even forced.

As to Kodamma's point about him feeling that Boxman was threatened, I'd agree on the part that Boxman seemed very confused and worried, and I myself felt that, but that was due to my relative inexperience at the time.
Yeh this while probably correct, tells us nothing about his alignment.

Too many people not voting.

I've no clue who Shadow Knight's top suspect is for example, he's been quite enough unless prodded with questions, and seems to be quite...idk passive, although perhaps it's just a playstyle.

Could the people not voting explain why, it seems like there's no reason not to have your vote on someone.

Starbuck you still have your vote on MordyS. Who would you say is your second suspect at this point?

And don is the only one who hasn't posted recently afaik. Not sure if he's within prod range or anything though, as we're moving at quite a fast pace.

Still very happy w/ my vote though, ftr.
Well, let me start off by saying that I believe that at least one of the 3 most prolific posters of the game are scum. My reasons for thinking that are partly statistical and partly gut, but I'll probably continue doing PBPA's until I see something glaringly wrong or at least a lot of little things that make me suspicious enough to vote.

I agree with Faraday that the Ross post seems forced and way over the top.
Faraday wrote:Couple of quick things...
Shadow Knight wrote: While townies aren't afraid to piss people off, good townies realize that while the spotlight is on them, it isn't on scum. I generally try to keep my head down during the first day unless I spot a blatant scumtell.
Can you provide a link/game to show evidence of this, just so I can skim over. Search being down is a bitch, :P . Just to make sure this is true. Prefferably one as scum and town, but if not one will do.[/mech]
roland wrote: With regards to voting in general, I personally see my vote as being final
But it's not, you can change your vote at any time a lynch hasn't been achieved, thus there's no real reason not to use it, and have it on your top suspect.

Ross wrote:And it's hard to defend the validity of something to someone who's only complaint is that it's awkward. "forced" is the word of the week apparently, but if my posts are consistantly that way, it's just a player trait...If I was doing something out of the ordinary it would be weird....Do a meta on me if your feeling diehard, I get that awkward reaction alot in these games.
I don't think they
are
consistently that way, but the two pointed out could be considered 'forced', buzzwords for the win. I'm not sure if it's over-eager townie, or over-eager scum though, it's just something I felt like needed to be pointed out, especially for future reference.

Need more don and starbuck in the thread. I've a splitting headache, so I'm off to bed.
Request to me to provide meta on myself. Already stated why I don't do that, but for clarification, I could post links to games where as scum I did a horrible job at playing townie (happens a lot actually) and as town played very scummy. Me providing you with games doesn't prove anything.

While I don't agree with what seems like a push to place a vote just for the sake of placing a vote, I like that Faraday is pushing to create a vote record. Personally, it doesn't matter to me as a record of not voting can be just as useful as a record of vote hopping all over. I disagree with the use of "over-eager" per se. It just comes off as over the top and there's no need for it. But that's splitting hairs. Ross is starting to look like my next PBPA.
Faraday wrote:Hmm some thoughts:

Starbuck seems different than twilight mafia; she seems to be less agressive here, and while town in that game she was mislynched, that's my only meta on her, though it's probably a weird game due to the nature of how it begin w/ Zwet being ridiculous.

The problem w/ Tjoe is it seems to be esentially a policy lynch, however I can see why his play would be seem as scummy, in general, it just seems to be the norm for him, however it does seem anti-town.

Tjoe what do you think of Boxman?

Shadow: I'm not asking you to self meta, I askesd for a link so I can meta. There's quite a difference there. Also that's annoying with search down, but I remember reading a deep south game where you were town, so I'll use that. It's just to make sure you're consistent. Who's your top suspect at the moment shadow? I get that you say you're careful, but there's careful/cautious and there's careful.

Boxman's list is there; he seems to be taking positions at least, even if they're not definite (though they won't be at this stage) which is good. A lot of people neutral or neutral leaning scum/town but not really scummy.

It does seem to still be slightly OMGUS as ther only reason for his Mordy suspicioun though.

Shadow seems more cautious when scum, from the 2 games I've read where he was one of each. Noted, although admittedly my sampe size is ridiculously small. Might need to read over some of his old games, when I get the chance. Blah.

I remember reading ASOIAF on mtgs, but that was ages ago. Bleh. Anyway carry on,happy with my kodamma vote and see no reason to change it.
First, please don't use ASOIAF as meta. I didn't even finish that game as I had a melt down left both sites for a couple years shortly thereafter. I explained why providing links to games myself is considered self meta- I could make myself look however I want depending on what links I give you. I do like that Faraday is using meta to feel out people on day 1. (I generally suck at reading other people's meta, so I don't use it myself, but I give townie points for people that can and do put in the time and effort to read through other games and compare and contrast.) As an aside, I read Boxman as townie more and more as we go on.

Crap I ran out of time so I'm going to have to leave this here. The conclusion I came to is that I'm leaning town on Faraday and Boxman, and will be doing a read of Ross in iso next with a possible PBPA following it.
Show
House of Mirrors- Dead
Werewolves of MH- Dead
MKM II- Dead
Wheel of Time- Dead
Fantasy- Coney Island

Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:01 am

Post by Faraday »

Not a massive fan of PBPA's in general, I feel if you try hard enough you can make anything look scummy, and I don't want to clog up the thread, but just a few points of clarification. Won't have every quote in there, as no one likes quote walls.
Faraday wrote:boxman who's scum?
Generating discussion is good, but you seriously expect a scum list this early? This strikes me as weird because at this point, boxman has 4 votes on him so its almost like you're daring him to OMGUS someone.
it was due to his reaction, more-so. Wanted to see what he thought.
Moving on, I'm not trying to get him to say something 'stupid' or scummy, just to try and find out his motivations.

Shadow wrote:can you explain the second part a little better? You find the removing of his unvote (or did you mean his vote) more interesting? Also, are you saying you find kodamma's action more interesting than or equally interesting as boxman not putting him higher on the scumlist?
Both actions together, to me, were interesting. One or the other on their own, is fair, but I thought it might indicate a link between them two.
you seem to reverse your thoughts on kodamma (apparently now, its not scummy at all to be part of that bandwagon?)
I hadn't previously said it was. it was Kodamma who had inferred I had called him scummy for bandwagoning, I had said no such thing, to my knowledge. It most certaintly isn't scummy to bandwagon in the random stage. That's what piqued my kodamma interest.

I'm curious to know why the vote on kodamma here. What changed since the beginning of the post?
I wasn't defending him, just pointing out the logic against him was poor in certain places.
Voted him mostly for the lovely 'Too early to scum-hunt' thing that he used. Refusal to answer my question. Found it vote-worthy.

I'm starting to realize that your method of scum hunting is trying to get people to talk themself into a circle. I don't mind pointing out crap logic when you see it, but laying traps where you ask questions designed to confuse people is going to catch town as often as you do scum. I'm still on the fence whether Faraday is townie or scum at this point.
I'm not sure about this. Like; idk if that's what I do or not. I'm not trying to lay traps, but I like to see if people remain consistent, or at least if they're not why. Stuff like, I feel helps find scum. Basically; okay.

I think I answered all questions there; if there's anything in [particular you're unsure of ask.

Interested to see who you find scummy. Also weekened that it is, won't have time to post much :!:
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:04 am

Post by don_johnson »

^^ ok, so it's going to be one of
those
games.

i am now officially entering "skim" mode until further notice.

anyone care to garner my vote towards a lynch?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:07 am

Post by Doombunny9 »

Ok, I just read through Shadows long post (I skimmed through some parts so sue me :roll: )

While I read it though, something stuck out to me. A lot of the things you say about faraday seem to be looking like you think hes town Ex:
Shadow wrote:Generating discussion is good, but you seriously expect a scum list this early? This strikes me as weird because at this point, boxman has 4 votes on him so its almost like you're daring him to OMGUS someone.
Shadow wrote:While its true that the chances of being lynched via random bandwagon are low, unexplained votes are never good as it lets the voter go back later and fill in whatever reason they feel like to make their vote look good. The only people who'd want to do that are scum. Therefore (in my book at least) unexplained votes = scummy. This is another post where you make comments, but don't really take a stand on anything. (Beginning to see a pattern.)
But then you end with...

[/quote="Shadow"]Crap I ran out of time so I'm going to have to leave this here. The conclusion I came to is that I'm leaning town on Faraday and Boxman, and will be doing a read of Ross in iso next with a possible PBPA following it.

this. You say you think faraday is town. This majorly conflicts with the things you were saying about him. Care to explain?

Also, faraday has a point in saying that you can make anything look scummy if you try hard enough. Sometimes this is what you seem to be doing what you're doing, trying to make a case on faraday.
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:09 am

Post by Doombunny9 »

Ok, the last part of my post was screwed up because I forgot to /quote at the end of the quote. Anyways, just to make it clear the "Crap I ran out of time so I'm going to have to leave this here. The conclusion I came to is that I'm leaning town on Faraday and Boxman, and will be doing a read of Ross in iso next with a possible PBPA following it." bit was a quote from Shadow and "this. You say you think faraday is town. This majorly conflicts with the things you were saying about him. Care to explain?

Also, faraday has a point in saying that you can make anything look scummy if you try hard enough. Sometimes this is what you seem to be doing what you're doing, trying to make a case on faraday." Was what I was trying to say. Hope that clears stuff up.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:37 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

don_johnson wrote:^^ ok, so it's going to be one of
those
games.

Could I garner your vote to Starbuck?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:41 pm

Post by Faraday »

don_johnson wrote:^^ ok, so it's going to be one of
those
games.

haven't you been in skim mode all game? provide something.

lots of people v/la too it seems :(
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:19 pm

Post by Starbuck »

animorpherv1 wrote:Starbuck: I'm getting a scum vibe. Poor reasoning and failure to show up for a while combine in this decision.
If you guys need to check out my meta in order to prove that I don't actively lurk, flake, or drop out of games, please do so. I replace into more games than I actually start from the beginning. I did have real life stuff come up due to the fact that I am in the military, and had posted as such in the V/LA thread as well as in each of my games.

Normally when I do have stuff come up, I post in the V/LA thread. It bothers me that no one even cares to look there anymore.

@Animorpherv - You can't even come up with your own case on me and you need to piggyback off of others? That's rather sad.

rolandgarros wrote:For one thing, Starbuck's posts seem to be very emotional-driven, and someone brought up in this current page a good point that she hasn't really been scum-hunting but rather defending herself and calling out Mordy.

At the same time, Mordy seems to be somewhat tunneling on Starbuck, almost provoking a response from her, although this argument is a bit interpretation on my part. Correct me if I'm wrong, but nonetheless Mordy doesn't seem too townie to me in his scum hunting. Perhaps its a manner of how he's carried his case out.
They may seem that way, but they really aren't. It's kind of odd to me though, you seem to be defending me a lot in the post where this quote is from, but then you vote for me. I don't mind votes on me, but it seems that it's hypocritical based on everything that you just wrote.
Shadow Knight
Shadow Knight
Goon
Shadow Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:45 am

Post by Shadow Knight »

@Doom- the turning point is where I realized that a lot of what I was getting suspicious about is just his way of scum hunting. Once I put things in that light, I'm able to say I'm leaning town on him.
Show
House of Mirrors- Dead
Werewolves of MH- Dead
MKM II- Dead
Wheel of Time- Dead
Fantasy- Coney Island

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:37 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Starbuck wrote:
animorpherv1 wrote:Starbuck: I'm getting a scum vibe. Poor reasoning and failure to show up for a while combine in this decision.
If you guys need to check out my meta in order to prove that I don't actively lurk, flake, or drop out of games, please do so. I replace into more games than I actually start from the beginning. I did have real life stuff come up due to the fact that I am in the military, and had posted as such in the V/LA thread as well as in each of my games.

Normally when I do have stuff come up, I post in the V/LA thread. It bothers me that no one even cares to look there anymore.

@Animorpherv - You can't even come up with your own case on me and you need to piggyback off of others? That's rather sad.
I didn't piggyback. Say what you want, but just because I have the same reason as someone else doesn't mean I'm automatically scum. Now, if it shows up continually thoruought the game (which won't happen), then I'd see your concren.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:45 am

Post by Starbuck »

You did piggyback. You didn't come up with your own case at all.
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:49 am

Post by Doombunny9 »

Starbuck wrote:You did piggyback. You didn't come up with your own case at all.
From what we can tell so far, he didn't piggyback. Pretty much everyone on a bandwagon has at least some of the same reasons as the others. If he does it a lot then I'd say he's piggybacking.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:52 am

Post by Starbuck »

The only thing he said about me is this:

No examples of anything, and yes, I do admit that I was absent for the time due to work & real life stuff. But my meta can disprove the fact that I actively lurk or flake.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”