Newbie 844 - Game Over (Scum Win)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Pyrogen
Pyrogen
Townie
Pyrogen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:05 am

Post by Pyrogen »

Vote: No lynch
until more discussion occurs on the first day and/or someone reprimands me for being suspicious.

I would vote randomly, but that just seems unfair.
Pyrogen
Pyrogen
Townie
Pyrogen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (isolation #1) » Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:25 pm

Post by Pyrogen »

xvart wrote:
Pyrogen wrote:
until more discussion occurs on the first day and/or someone reprimands me for being suspicious.

A "no lynch" vote on the first day? I can't imagine a more anti-town move.

Vote: Pyrogen

xvart.
How is this anti-town? The mafia want a townie lynched the first day, and they have a 7/9 chance of doing so. A no lynch on the first day is better than a no lynch later on.
Pyrogen
Pyrogen
Townie
Pyrogen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (isolation #2) » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:03 pm

Post by Pyrogen »

We also let the cop work his magic (if there is one). I'm not saying we have to not lynch anybody today (read my vote post) but lynching a townie is the same as no lynching two days in a row and letting the mafia kill two nights in a row. And this day we have the highest probability of lynching a townie.

Don't worry though about an early no lynch, if anybody jumped on my "no lynch" bandwagon I'd be the first to vote for them instead.
Pyrogen
Pyrogen
Townie
Pyrogen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (isolation #3) » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:57 pm

Post by Pyrogen »

Is there only three people here?
Pyrogen
Pyrogen
Townie
Pyrogen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (isolation #4) » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:57 pm

Post by Pyrogen »

Whoops, missed Randal's post.
Pyrogen
Pyrogen
Townie
Pyrogen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (isolation #5) » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:19 pm

Post by Pyrogen »

So what does everyone else think about the Day-1 no lynch?
Pyrogen
Pyrogen
Townie
Pyrogen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #31 (isolation #6) » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:19 am

Post by Pyrogen »

I've played one game on another forum.

My early vote no lynch was really only meant to be in the spirit of a random vote. It was never seriously for no-lynch. But I stuck with it to spark a little discussion, if you will.

To be clear I don't support the no-lynch policy. It gives us only two more lynches in which we have to lynch at least one mafia, or we're screwed. However I do think we shouldn't hammer a bandwagon until we're relatively certain we're right, especially on Day 1 when the probability of error is so high.

That said,
Vote Annachie

For being the only one not to disapprove of the no-lynch while mentioning it, and not having very much information in his posts. (This is based on only very circumstantial evidence, but is slightly better than a random vote in my eyes)
Pyrogen
Pyrogen
Townie
Pyrogen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #33 (isolation #7) » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:02 am

Post by Pyrogen »

I fail to see how those statements conflict, Dondero.
Pyrogen
Pyrogen
Townie
Pyrogen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #41 (isolation #8) » Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:12 pm

Post by Pyrogen »

Specifically what behavior did you find suspicious of me, JM (just me)? Your last post wasn't very clear.

Also, how long should we wait for hitogoroshi? It's already been the entire weekend, and you'd think he'd at least post once.
Pyrogen
Pyrogen
Townie
Pyrogen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #52 (isolation #9) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:24 am

Post by Pyrogen »

Now that everyone's here, lets get this game moving.

First, I'd like to defend myself.
Dondero wrote: Now you seem to be dismissing this somewhat as a random vote:-
Pyrogen wrote:My early vote no lynch was really only meant to be in the spirit of a random vote.
Or do you? :?
Pyrogen wrote:I would vote randomly but that just seems unfair
To address this issue better, here was my reasoning: It was RVS phase, but since I don't like random voting, I made a vote no-lynch in the spirit of the random vote. It's like I was voting for a 10th person. I was semi-surprised when I was called out on it, as my vote was not at all serious (read the posts).

So I set a little conversation trap, if you will, though I doubt it worked very well since few posted. That's why I'm voting Anna, and why I will
FOS JustMe
for not mentioning the no-lynch discussion in his first two votes (perhaps waiting to see if other town will go for no-lynch) and then nominating me as supicious for the no-lynch only after everyone vehemetly opposed it.

BTW, here is what I think the vote count on a person means this first day:
1- Slightly better than random possibility (2/9) you are scum
2- Suspicious looking
3- Pushing to hear some talk/lets lynch this guy
4- Explain yourself or die!
5- DIE SCUM

So if I had to give everyone this rating, I'd give Anna and JM one vote each. Everyone else seems town enough or hasn't really posted enough.
Pyrogen
Pyrogen
Townie
Pyrogen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #55 (isolation #10) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:22 pm

Post by Pyrogen »

Bandwagoning has its uses in extracting information. If we don't ever bandwagon we'd end up with a no-lynch day anyway.

But I think you misread my post Randal. If I was to place the second vote on you, I'm saying to you "I think you are suspicious". If I was to place the fourth vote on you, I'm saying "Explain yourself or Die!". That's what is meant by my ratings (It's what the town is saying to the lynchee).

In fact, I really don't see how you can logically think that ANYBODY would assume that the higher the number of votes on a person correlates to the more scummier and scummier they look. I fail to see how I could be considered a bandwagoner, especially since my previous posts warned we should take caution to lynching Day one. Did you miss that in your reread?

Moreso, you seem to perfectly understand my system on your next post. Yes, by having two votes on me, the town is effectively telling me that "I'm suspiscous looking". You understand it perfectly on that EBWOP.

Using false\misleading logic is a sign of scum. Apparently failing to understand a post is not a sign of scum, but if you post later perfectly understanding that post, that contradiction is a sign of scum.

Unvote

Vote DarthRandal

Personally I think you're at the level of 2-very suspiscious, but I only have one vote, so whatever.
Pyrogen
Pyrogen
Townie
Pyrogen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #58 (isolation #11) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:16 pm

Post by Pyrogen »

????

Why do people think my system refers to a scumtell? Did I not make it clear enough it's just why I would place the 1st or 2nd, etc or 5th vote on somebody?

If I think hes scum, I'll place the hammer (5-DIE SCUM)

If I think hes suspicious, I'll place the second vote.

In no way did I ever say that the number of votes = how scummy you looked. Which is why I jumped on Randal for putting those words in my post. However, if everyone else thinks my post was confusing, I'll retract it.

Did anyone else think my system meant the more votes -->(leads to) more scummy looking? I meant the more scummy --> more votes (at least by me).

I'd really like to know, otherwise this is just a communication problem, not Randal's misdirection, and I will unvote him.
Pyrogen
Pyrogen
Townie
Pyrogen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #61 (isolation #12) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:28 pm

Post by Pyrogen »

Annachie wrote:Personally, and this is just an observation, it would be slightly easier if people
unvote Playername

At least it would be for me lol

Pyrogen: Are you just casting votes and aspersions around to see what responses you get?
Yes and no, I'm not exactly fishing for answers from the votee, I'm scum hunting and seeing the responses from the community in general. This forum is much more slower than what I'm used too, and apparently I'm the most active poster, so yea, I get bored. Stating evidence or FOSing doesn't really give my posts the emphasis needed to stop people from lurking.

Would you mind answering my question about how confusing my "system" was?
Pyrogen
Pyrogen
Townie
Pyrogen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #69 (isolation #13) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:15 pm

Post by Pyrogen »

How about we start a bandwagon on me? Plenty of posts to go through and post what they think of my actions. Plenty of suspicion on me too.

This will also help me in my future play, in both cases of my being scum or town.

I reserve the right to defend myself though.

So:

Unvote: Randal

OMG A Bandwagon! Talk!

Yeah on second thought, I'm not that dumb.

Unvote: Pyrogen

Talk! Am I a suitable lynch today?
Pyrogen
Pyrogen
Townie
Pyrogen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #74 (isolation #14) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:43 pm

Post by Pyrogen »

xvart wrote:
Pyrogen wrote:How about we start a bandwagon on me? Plenty of posts to go through and post what they think of my actions. Plenty of suspicion on me too.

This will also help me in my future play, in both cases of my being scum or town.

I reserve the right to defend myself though.

So:

Unvote: Randal

I don't know how much I trust people who votes for themselves for no apparent reason. It seems rather erratic, given no prompting. Can you explain to me how, if you are protown, voting for yourself and sacrificing yourself will help the town? Will us seeing your role help us? I doubt it at this juncture because we haven't even had any night actions.
Curious how you've left out the fact that I unvoted myself in that very post. Pragmatically, I did nothing but unvote. I am in no way "sacrificing" myself.
xvart wrote:
Pyrogen wrote:This will also help me in my future play, in both cases of my being scum or town.
You've also now claimed, unsolicited, that this move will help you if you are, in fact, scum.

I think you've taken the lead on my suspicion list; but I'm not ready to revote for you... yet.

xvart.
That was only to establish that my motives for this bandwagon was to improve my play, not to vote myself for WIFOM or whatever.
Pyrogen
Pyrogen
Townie
Pyrogen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #75 (isolation #15) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:45 pm

Post by Pyrogen »

DarthRandal1138 wrote:EBWOP:

Also, as far as the idea of "helping your future play;" while that is all well and good, you need to play *this* game to
win
, not use it as a stepping stone in future endeavors. The rest of us are here to play *this* game, and I, for one, would prefer that you play to the utmost of your abilities, whether as town or scum.
I have played this game to win. In both cases, even if I die there is a chance I will win. I however am more likely to win if I survive, and I have no intentention of getting lynched.

just me 1 Annachie
DarthRandal1138
Dondero
Annachie
xvart
Pyrogen 1 just me
hitogoroshi 1 Dondero,
startransmission
fhqwhgads 1 startransmission

No Lynch 1

Not Voting

hitogoroshi
fhqwhgads
xvart
DarthRandal1138
Pyrogen
Pyrogen
Pyrogen
Townie
Pyrogen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #77 (isolation #16) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:54 pm

Post by Pyrogen »

DarthRandal1138 wrote:
Pyrogen wrote:I'm not saying we have to not lynch anybody today(...)
Then why the vote? Why not just bring up the idea of a no-lynch; see what we all have to say? By committing your vote, you imply that you are strongly in favor of a no-lynch.
I NEVER WANTED A NO LYNCH. When StarTransmission voted for fgads on the vote, do you think he was "strongly in favor of" lynching fgads? It was RVS and I made an RVS vote that was in the spirit of RVS but wasn't really random.
DarthRandal1138 wrote:
Pyrogen wrote:Don't worry though about an early no lynch, if anybody jumped on my "no lynch" bandwagon I'd be the first to vote for them instead.
Pyrogen wrote:So what does everyone else think about the Day-1 no lynch?
So were you just waiting for someone to support a no-lynch so you'd have a "reason" to vote them?
Pyrogen wrote: Vote Annachie
For being the only one not to disapprove of the no-lynch while mentioning it(...)
Hmm... guess so.
It also sparked some discussion. I don't think it worked very well since a pro day-1 no-lynch can also be applied to newbieness.
DarthRandal1138 wrote:
Pyrogen wrote:Vote DarthRandal

Personally I think you're at the level of 2-very suspiscious, but I only have one vote, so whatever.
Subtly implying that others should vote for me as well? Or quietly telling your scumbuddy that I would be a good target for a mislynch?
Yeah. No.
Pyrogen
Pyrogen
Townie
Pyrogen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #80 (isolation #17) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:03 pm

Post by Pyrogen »

xvart wrote:
DarthRandal1138 wrote:EBWOP:

Also, as far as the idea of "helping your future play;" while that is all well and good, you need to play *this* game to
win
, not use it as a stepping stone in future endeavors. The rest of us are here to play *this* game, and I, for one, would prefer that you play to the utmost of your abilities, whether as town or scum.
I read the post a different way and I was thinking Pyro was referring to this game and that move would help him as either scum or town in
this game
; not future games. Could you clarify which you meant?

xvart.
Both reasons are why I've made this gambit. Posting more means more data to analysis (and find scum). Analysis of my play means I will improve for later games.

Xvart: I had a question before. Did you think my "system" as everyone calls it, meant that higher votes means more scummieness, as Randal suggested? I've answered your questions, please answer mine.
Pyrogen
Pyrogen
Townie
Pyrogen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #81 (isolation #18) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:05 pm

Post by Pyrogen »

DarthRandal1138 wrote:
Pyrogen wrote:(...)and I have no intentention of getting lynched.
You've a funny way of showing it. ;)

That said, my point was that, if you're town, getting a bandwagon thrown on yourself is not "playing to win." If you are town, and we mislynch you, we (and by extension, you) could very well win, but the town would be giving up a lynch to help you evaluate your play (or whatever).

Your antics with the self-vote aren't scummy
per se
, but they *are* anti-town.
I am not getting a bandwagon on me. I am getting people to look through my posts carefully and critically. They will realize my actions are not scum actions, thus preventing my mislynch.
Pyrogen
Pyrogen
Townie
Pyrogen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #84 (isolation #19) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:18 pm

Post by Pyrogen »

DarthRandal1138 wrote:
xvart wrote:
Pyrogen wrote:This will also help me in my future play, in both cases of my being scum or town.
You've also now claimed, unsolicited, that this move will help you if you are, in fact, scum.
Pyro, could you address this point by xvart?
It was meant to show this is no WIFOM. But the play analysis only helps me in future games, not this one.

Extra posts by you two, however, gives more information to scumhunt with, and in particular to catch you if you ever are scum and slip out.
Pyrogen
Pyrogen
Townie
Pyrogen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #85 (isolation #20) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:21 pm

Post by Pyrogen »

xvart wrote:Of course (and I appreciate your answers). Although not initially explained very well, I understand what you are saying. While I don't necessarily subscribe to your system, I get that it could be a moderately decent barometer to judge (individually) others; however, I don't think it is effective for everyone, especially this early in the game because everyone is still getting a feeling for others and people voting to draw attention to someone.

For example, my vote for Annachie was not (necessarily) because I thought Annachie was scummy, but rather because Annachie had not yet posted; and once Anna posted, I removed my vote. So in that sense, your "system" was inaccurate and not effective.

xvart.

No duh, it doesn't apply in every case. My "system" isn't a system at all (I don't even remember who first suggested that). It is to show if I place my vote on a bandwagon, where I stand on that person and what I think that person should do.
Pyrogen
Pyrogen
Townie
Pyrogen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #86 (isolation #21) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:31 pm

Post by Pyrogen »

I would like to hear more from other people, but its getting late, so I will
FOS fgads
and with my other hand
FOS JustMe
for not posting for a while and even then not posting anything truly substantial.
Pyrogen
Pyrogen
Townie
Pyrogen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #88 (isolation #22) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:41 pm

Post by Pyrogen »

Well, what do you think of the bandwagon on me Annachie?
Pyrogen
Pyrogen
Townie
Pyrogen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #93 (isolation #23) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:42 pm

Post by Pyrogen »

fhqwhgads wrote:
Pyrogen wrote: I was semi-surprised when I was called out on it...
Wait what? I thought it was done to stimulate discussion? Why then surprised? Did you REALLY not think it was going cause a stir doing something out of the ordinary?
SEMI-surprised. I knew it would stir up debate, and no doubt I'd get a random vote out of it, but I didn't expect the "obs your anti-town" from xvart.
fhqwhgads wrote:
Pyrogen wrote:So I set a little conversation trap...
Hmm. I'm not sure if you're not just contradicting what you are saying. I really got the impression this was your intention from the start.
[quote="Pyrogen]
until more discussion occurs on the first day and/or someone reprimands me for being suspicious.[/quote]

I've mentioned both possibilities in my original vote.
fhqwhgads wrote:
DarthRandal1138 wrote:That, my friend, is mindless bandwagonning, not scumhunting. Each person here should vote their own personal convictions, and not allow themselves to be swayed by some mythical "will of the town."
I agree with this. Putting some meaning in each number of votes is useless and counter productive.

The problem with such a system is that you ignore the influence of scum votes. And trust me, there's going to be scum votes.
Yes. You cannot discount scum votes.
Pyrogen wrote:If I think hes suspicious, I'll place the
second
vote.
Fixed that for you. You either think someone is scummy or not. If he is, you vote. Vote count should not be your concern (unless its the hammer and then we only wait for a role claim. A role claim doesn't make anyone less suspicious either, but it might increase the cost of a mislynch.)[/quote]

Come on are you saying that the first and third vote on someone are the same? When voting the third vote on some one it certainly means you have to be MORE suspicious of that guy then a first vote as it means A: you bring attention to yourself for bandwagoning and B: You are really bringing the heat on this guy and may possibly help create a mislynch of an innocent.

The hammer, sure you need to be cautious, but you likewise need to be cautious on the L-1 (4th vote) as well. If you vote the fourth and scum hammers, they just caused a mislynch and ended the days discussion. I'll use your words which you have so conviently forgotten for this point: You cannot ignore the influence of scum votes. As an IC you should recognize that not all votes are equal?
fhqwhgads wrote:
Pyrogen wrote:
self vote and unvote
This reeks of an ATE. As townies, our only (non power role) power in this game is our vote. Thus, our numbers are our advantage. Removing yourself is anti-town (unless you are scum, in which case it is pro-town!)
I think I've addressed this to Randal and Xvart.
fhqwhgads wrote:
Pyrogen wrote:They will realize my actions are not scum actions, thus preventing my mislynch.
In this perfect word, mislynches also does not happen.
I'm not disagreeing with this point.
fhqwhgads wrote:
Pyrogen wrote:I would like to hear more from other people, but its getting late, so I will FOS fgads and with my other hand FOS JustMe for not posting for a while and even then not posting anything truly substantial.
I think I have made my time zone issue pretty clear. Unless not, I was probably sleeping through that whole debate.
Yet you have still posted only THREE times, the least amounts of posts out of anyone else. Surely even with the time zone thing, you can post as much analysis as everybody?

Most of your post has been undermining my innocence. I do not see one quote where you consider my townieness or concede a point in favor of my townieness. Yet you do not vote, nor even FOS me? I find that strange.

UnFOS JM

Confirm big FOS on fgads

I would vote you but Hito is right, I suffer alot from OMGUSing everyone in both Mafia and IRL. I'm going to wait a couple hours to calm down a bit, reread your posts, and see if I still see scuminess, or if other TOWNIES recognize the scumminess in you. I may be wrong; I have been many times.
Pyrogen
Pyrogen
Townie
Pyrogen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #101 (isolation #24) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:44 am

Post by Pyrogen »

Of course there is no bandwagon...

I started that to make people talk. And I in particular wanted to hear Annachie talk.
Pyrogen
Pyrogen
Townie
Pyrogen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #105 (isolation #25) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:31 pm

Post by Pyrogen »

just me wrote:so, pyrogen, you lie to get some ideas? I'd prefer a more truthful player, erm playing
A: When have I lied?
Pyrogen wrote:

Like I said, I wanted more discussion, and I knew it would lead to suspicion.

B: Who said I lied? I am a very argumentative person.

Not even Hitogoroshi said that very strong word(lie) in his last posts (though he did imply it).

C: Instead of bringing this up just when you are accused, why not answer your accusation like most people have to theirs? Easy enough to do.

/FOS Just Me
Pyrogen
Pyrogen
Townie
Pyrogen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #107 (isolation #26) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:39 pm

Post by Pyrogen »

How is that a lie? There was a bandwagon on me when I started my defense.
Pyrogen
Pyrogen
Townie
Pyrogen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #116 (isolation #27) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:18 am

Post by Pyrogen »

just me wrote:first you say there was no banwagon, then of course there was one?
hmm, i'm starting to regret my unvote
Yes. There was a bandwagon. No. There was not a bandwagon. The quotes you refer to refer to different points in "time". Bandwagon comes, Bandwagon goes. Such is life. Your argument is like saying that the two statements "George Bush is president" and "Barack Obama is president", refering to two different points in time, must be contradictory?
xvart wrote:Pyrogen - if you are not, in fact, mafia, you need to get it under control because you are sucking attention away from actual scum hunting. I think the problem is your action that everyone is calling you out on appear one way to most of us, then you describe it after the fact as planning ahead (and it feels contradictory in same sense), which might be possible but you might just be having a difficult time explaining that; or, you are just trying to save face and protect yourself.
Arg, I only said the no-lynch thing was planned ahead, and that not really. I don't see how people keep saying I'm trying to trap them.
xvart wrote:I suggest clearing that up quickly and effectively and then also turn the finger back on those who are keeping these discussions alive and kicking (other than yourself). If you are protown, then it seems that scum might be trying to add fuel to the fire or are trying to get you to appear more scummy; so with that said, and to generate some more discussion, which of those that keep hammering on you do you feel might be the mafia, and why? (and yes, I know you have done this to a small degree, but not enough for me to start looking elsewhere).
I don't know. Most people seem town enough.
xvart wrote:
Pyrogen wrote:That's why I'm voting Anna, and why I will
FOS JustMe
for not mentioning the no-lynch discussion in his first two votes (perhaps waiting to see if other town will go for no-lynch) and then nominating me as supicious for the no-lynch only after everyone vehemetly opposed it.
Are you suggesting that Anna bandwagoned the conversation about the no lynch after seeing how the rest of the town fell? I can see this, and will keep this in consideration.
This was way back, on page 2 (I think). Anna now seems less scummy to me, since (s)he has posted more. Still here posts seem small and devoid of information, so I find that suspicious.
Pyrogen
Pyrogen
Townie
Pyrogen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #117 (isolation #28) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:25 am

Post by Pyrogen »

Dondero wrote: Do I think you’re town or scum? I haven’t got the time to analyse all of your posts or responses, but I’m torn between disbelief that scum would be so brazen versus “the lady doth protest too much” Your posts seem to veer from rational and articulate to retaliatory and almost argumentative at times.
I'll address this issue. I read posts that accuse me very carefully (moreso than others), and I find hints of scum more often then not in those posts for some reason. If the post seems scummy to me, twisting my words for example, I'll probably overreact, though it maybe the author simply misunderstood me or I misunderstood the author.

Also I have a bit of a temper, and I'm not used to being accused so much. I suppose playing more mafia will give me more poise in the future. I didn't find anything particularly scummy in your post, for example, so I haven't replied until now.
Pyrogen
Pyrogen
Townie
Pyrogen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #125 (isolation #29) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:10 am

Post by Pyrogen »

Who is Laurel and Hardy?
Pyrogen
Pyrogen
Townie
Pyrogen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #139 (isolation #30) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:44 pm

Post by Pyrogen »

The reason I didn't pick anyone out was because I have several exams and papers due this week, and I didn't feel like accusing anyone without evidence. After my tests I will go reread the thread and see who seems out of place. Of course I have my suspicions, but I won't reveal them yet.
Pyrogen
Pyrogen
Townie
Pyrogen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #140 (isolation #31) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:48 pm

Post by Pyrogen »

Also, there hasn't been much discussion since my semi-absence.

Y'all need to talk more.
Pyrogen
Pyrogen
Townie
Pyrogen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #154 (isolation #32) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:03 pm

Post by Pyrogen »

No one really seems THAT scummy, but here is my list after a reread, based mostly on gut feelings:

From least suspicious to most:

xvart: Town, most likely
DRandal: Town, likely

Dondero - Neutral, but MIA (kinda town read on his few posts though)
Justme - Neutral. You'd think he'd wouldn't call werewolves mafia if he got a mafia pm (unless he's really tricky and that mall thing was a message to his partner, again very tricky[but WAY too obvious]). Still, posts little content and evades accusations.
hitogoroshi- neutral, doesn't sway me either way
Star-T - Neutral, no substantial posts.

fgads - Just seems too cautious to be town. Also acts more loose from his meta. Just a hunch really.

annachie - posts lack content, evades accusation
Annachie wrote:A random lynch also has the chance of taking out a power role, which combined with the mafia overnight kill, gives them a good chance of taking out 1 of them, and a small chance of both. (I point again to my first game where all 3 power roles were killed by the second 'night'
Annachie wrote:lol, forgot to include the number of power roles in my thinking. Kinda assumed 2 to match the 2 scum.
Why assume two power roles? You know there's a roleblocker, huh, and then noticed you screwed up?
Pyrogen
Pyrogen
Townie
Pyrogen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #171 (isolation #33) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:08 am

Post by Pyrogen »

Ok, the questions:
startransmission wrote: Really? What do you make of my and xvarts analysis? You also haven't weighed in on hito and annachie's debate over the WIFOM that Dondero presented. Or the wagon against Dondero because of it.

And the "but I won't reveal them yet" is a cop out. Is this for the sake of conversation, yet again?
I think all three of our analysis are pretty close, so why do I need to comment? I also think that the WIFOM debate is no evidence either way, so why comment on it? And like I said before, I find Dondero a little bit town.

I've already posted my suspicions.

Meta isn't really a good strategy, but after reading them I was going on a gut feeling with my suspicions on fgads. Read them yourself, I don't consider it evidence. But if he's mafia, I have bragging rights on being the first to suspect him.

Also, I was extremely busy the last couple of weeks with midterms and such, but I should be pretty free now. Seems like everything has died down, eh?
Pyrogen
Pyrogen
Townie
Pyrogen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #178 (isolation #34) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:15 am

Post by Pyrogen »

Annachie wrote:Actually, would the 21 day count have started when the PM's were sent on the 16th, or when Starkmoon unlocked this thread for us on the 19th? (GMT +10 of course, my local time at the time)
Sept 16th + 21 days = Oct 10.
xvart wrote:Pyrogen? Any comments or clarification about the roleblocker/power role comments?
What are you talking about? My comment on Anna?
Pyrogen
Pyrogen
Townie
Pyrogen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #180 (isolation #35) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:06 pm

Post by Pyrogen »

Annachie assumed only the possibility of two power roles. The only way there would be two power roles is if there was a roleblocker. This would be more likely if Annachie knew there was a roleblocker. I find it slightly suspicious Annachie only assumed one case, the dual power roles, perhaps to draw out possible power roles.
Pyrogen
Pyrogen
Townie
Pyrogen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #183 (isolation #36) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:48 am

Post by Pyrogen »

fhqwhgads wrote:
Pyrogen wrote:Annachie assumed only the possibility of two power roles. The only way there would be two power roles is if there was a roleblocker. This would be more likely if Annachie knew there was a roleblocker. I find it slightly suspicious Annachie only assumed one case, the dual power roles, perhaps to draw out possible power roles.
While in principal, I do agree that his 'I only saw the one case' excuse is lame and he's still my top suspect (depending on Dondero's replacement), I find your 'leap of logic' a bit of a reach here.
Well actually I found a gun in her house and a mafia membership card in her hands.

Jeez, its not the only reason, but one of many I'm suspecting her. I never said it was irrefutable.
Pyrogen
Pyrogen
Townie
Pyrogen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #184 (isolation #37) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:54 am

Post by Pyrogen »

xvart wrote:
Pyrogen wrote:Annachie assumed only the possibility of two power roles. The only way there would be two power roles is if there was a roleblocker..
Untrue.
starkmoon wrote:The F11 setup is the current game format used in Newbie games. To prevent the development of game-breaking strategies, these Newbie Games are Semi-Open, wherein the actual game setup is randomly chosen from one of four possible setups as detailed below:
  • 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Sane Doctor, 5 Townies
  • 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Townies

• 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Cop, 6 Townies
  • 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Doctor, 6 Townies
If either of the first two setups are in play, and the situation occurs where the Goon is lynched first, the Roleblocker will still be able to submit both night kills and roleblocks (roleblocking is a function of the Roleblocker; night kills are a function of the scum team as a whole).
xvart.
My statement is still true. The only way for there to be two roles is if there was a roleblocker. See if you can work that out.

Obviously if there was a roleblocker, the case that there are no power roles would be optimum for her, which perhaps is why she worked with the assumption of the top case. I'lll freely admit I'm streching here, and this may amount to little or nothing. But at least I'm searching, unlike nearly everybody else who have seemingly taken a vow of silence.
Pyrogen
Pyrogen
Townie
Pyrogen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #189 (isolation #38) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:02 pm

Post by Pyrogen »

fhqwhgads wrote:Pyrogen, you said:
Pyrogen wrote:The only way there would be two power roles is if there was a roleblocker.
Let me repeat that again: The only way there would be two power roles is if there was a roleblocker.

2 Power roles (if and only if) roleblocker.

Therefore if there is a roleblocker, there MUST be two power roles.

The above statement is wrong. (I'm not leaping to call it a lie though.)
My statement reads, IF 2 power roles THEN Roleblocker.
Not IF Roleblocker THEN 2 power roles.

Is that so confusing?
Pyrogen
Pyrogen
Townie
Pyrogen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #190 (isolation #39) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:05 pm

Post by Pyrogen »

EBWOP: I never said if and only if. I only said if Annachie assumed the case of two roles, then she might have some background info on the prescence of a roleblocker.

Also, Annachie, I guess I assumed your name was Anna for some strange obtuse reason.
Pyrogen
Pyrogen
Townie
Pyrogen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #201 (isolation #40) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:27 am

Post by Pyrogen »

Alright, we only have, what, 3 days? I don't think we'll get anybody.

I'm going with my gut and voting for the IC.

/vote fhqwhgads

He's cautious and barely scumhunting at all (besides me and Annachie), instead addressing only minor issues. This is my reason for the vote.

Comments?
Pyrogen
Pyrogen
Townie
Pyrogen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #218 (isolation #41) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:13 pm

Post by Pyrogen »

Meh. If I die, its no great loss. I think I've helped town pretty well, by providing material for the future.

I also find startransmission slightly suspicious, for I am the only person he seems to be scum hunting. He also finds me suspicious for being active then inactive, which feels like the pot calling the kettle black. He is perhaps one of the more inactive semi-lurkers in this game.

Hiro seems to be actively lurking, as evidenced by his post 34 minutes after being called out. That is also pretty scummy. Despite my gut feeling, I think Annachie is probably the most suspicious in terms of actual evidence, so:

/unvote fgads

/vote Annachie

Why? I find it strange how quick Annachie would put me at L-1. The reason he gives for his vote seems weak at best, and yet he is still willing to let someone quickly hammer me. He has been in my sights for quite some time, but the quick 4th vote on me confirms enough for me. Nevertheless, this can also be attributed to the time constraint, as he has mentioned.

I still think fgads behavior is too peculiar, and the fact that he is an IC is only a minor point. He seems to go out of his way to not be "offending" anyone, a cautious play, which I personally find scummy.

If I had to guess a scum pair, I would say its Annachie and Startransmission. Star-T makes little mention of the things going against Annachie, and focuses solely on me (and not others). He even says Annachie reads town to him (a post waaay back, true), which I find strange since many others do not get such a read on Annachie.
Pyrogen
Pyrogen
Townie
Pyrogen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #219 (isolation #42) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:43 pm

Post by Pyrogen »

Since I may lose the ability to post at any time, I also like to point out that I'm the easiest target for the scum to pick for a day 1 lynch, since I've put myself out there the most. Several town also find me suspicious, and such I'm an easy target.

It seems that most see me as town but acting anti-town. I do not find that a good reason to kill me though.

If and When I am proven innocent, it would behoove the townsfolk to search for scumminess in those that have targeted me. This statement only applies obviously when I am lynched (which right now can happen anytime).
Pyrogen
Pyrogen
Townie
Pyrogen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #224 (isolation #43) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:19 am

Post by Pyrogen »

xvart wrote:
Pyrogen wrote:Since I may lose the ability to post at any time
You can't post after you've reached the required lynch number? Or once the mod shuts the day down?
When mod shuts down the day.
xvart wrote:
Pyrogen wrote:Meh. If I die, its no great loss. I think I've helped town pretty well, by providing material for the future.
So no claim?

xvart.
Umm... sure... I think this is what I'm suppose to do.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”