Newbie 844 - Game Over (Scum Win)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
just me
just me
Townie
just me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (isolation #0) » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:49 pm

Post by just me »

hello, not sure what to say really, first game, but let's at least hold votes until final player is confirmed other wise a bit unfair
just me
just me
Townie
just me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (isolation #1) » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:54 pm

Post by just me »

day one is allways a bit of a gamble (taking from experiance in related previous games) but I think if we at leas wait at least 2 days after final player cnfirmation, it should let us get a bit of an idea of who we are dealing with and allow us to make a less random decision. for this to work effectively there needs to be as many talking players as possible, so, please post!
let's have a good one.
just me
just me
Townie
just me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #26 (isolation #2) » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:29 pm

Post by just me »

although not in favor of a no lynch I am also not in favor of voting for voting sake because although day one is mostly luck, it is a good/ great chance to get some useful info that we can build on throughout the game
just me
just me
Townie
just me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #35 (isolation #3) » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:06 am

Post by just me »

at the moment I am fairly suspicious of pyrogen for the no-vote untill people started doubting his motives and his sudden change to "actually, I was just testing you guys, heh heh"
just me
just me
Townie
just me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #36 (isolation #4) » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:27 am

Post by just me »

eh, what the heck
vote: pyrogen
just me
just me
Townie
just me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #37 (isolation #5) » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:35 am

Post by just me »

I went to the mall with Emily.
just me
just me
Townie
just me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #40 (isolation #6) » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:48 am

Post by just me »

first of all, sorry about the mall post it was somebody at school who jumped on while I was printing something.
any way. I too have played a similar game on another forum and two times an anti-town member has posted similar stuff to what pyrogen has been posting. the reason I didn't want tovote before the replace ment came in is that if he was a wolf, that would give him the advantage of one free days as posters usually seem more suspicious and he would have a verry good reason not to post- not playing. I I did think we should wait to vote, but what with all the accusations flying around, I thought it would be better to post my Ideas. as for my vote I when posting my beliefs on pyrogen's role I was planning to wait out a bit to just see what was happening before excessive voting if I want to change my vote. But, after posting I decided to put my money where my mouth is and vote.
just me
just me
Townie
just me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #44 (isolation #7) » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:43 pm

Post by just me »

yep sorry bout the wolf I meant anti-townie
just me
just me
Townie
just me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #45 (isolation #8) » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:14 pm

Post by just me »

here is my reasoning pyrogen
just me wrote:at the moment I am fairly suspicious of pyrogen for the no-vote untill people started doubting his motives and his sudden change to "actually, I was just testing you guys, heh heh"
just me
just me
Townie
just me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #90 (isolation #9) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:24 pm

Post by just me »

while i admire your bravery pyrogen, I would warn you that any mafia member worth his or her salt would probably be able to twists your posts any way they want so inviting them to do so may not be so clever.
but, as much as it pains me to say this for now, I believe that my former reasons for voting you have been nullified and you deserve to go free.
unvote

also, we should be aware for any major twisting, I think there has been one instance of this but can't be bothered checking right now, so, that's me.
out
just me
just me
Townie
just me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #103 (isolation #10) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:02 pm

Post by just me »

so, pyrogen, you lie to get some ideas? I'd prefer a more truthful player, erm playing
just me
just me
Townie
just me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #106 (isolation #11) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:34 pm

Post by just me »

Pyrogen wrote:Of course there is no bandwagon...

I started that to make people talk. And I in particular wanted to hear Annachie talk.
there
just me
just me
Townie
just me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #111 (isolation #12) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:47 pm

Post by just me »

first you say there was no banwagon, then of course there was one?
hmm, i'm starting to regret my unvote
just me
just me
Townie
just me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #134 (isolation #13) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:59 am

Post by just me »

yes, I have something to say. the reason for that, maybe controversial post xvart has just pulled up again is this: I thought that if we voted before everyone was in, it would keep somebody (possibly, though not necessarily a wolf) out of the limelight than what would be good for the 'village' as a whole. and, I thought if we didn't jump into things straight away, we could get some justified opinions and have a slightly higher chance of getting a mafia member.
just me
just me
Townie
just me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #138 (isolation #14) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:04 pm

Post by just me »

my concerns with dondero being late was that if he is a wolf, it would reduce suspicion on him because he couldn't post if he wasn't in the game. I hope that ends this issue
just me
just me
Townie
just me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #153 (isolation #15) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:05 am

Post by just me »

xvart wrote:
just me wrote:yes, I have something to say. the reason for that, maybe controversial post xvart has just pulled up again is this: I thought that if we voted before everyone was in, it would keep somebody (possibly, though not necessarily a wolf) out of the limelight than what would be good for the 'village' as a whole. and, I thought if we didn't jump into things straight away, we could get some justified opinions and have a slightly higher chance of getting a mafia member.
If the games started with a night phase I could see your point, since anyone late on the night phase could be mafia or power town role and have a night action. But since there was no night phase to begin with I think it is moot, which I think is what you are saying. Even so, given that a late comer is mafia, we might as well scum hunt the other one in the meantime, right?
xvart.
yes, but the probability of getting one would be higher if there were 2 mafia members playing

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”