Newbie 841 - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:36 am

Post by MiteyMouse »

T-Chan...if you are not prepared to lynch him then why is your vote still on him?
The more I see, the less I know
The more I'd like to let it go.
Tororingu-chan
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:51 pm

Post by Tororingu-chan »

Currently, he is the best option, and my preferred choice for a lynch~! However, I am not prepared to have the day end right now -- it is too early and I don't think there has been enough discussion~ I would prefer that OMGLyncher come back and defend himself first, at least.... >_<;;

I needed to say that because people were being encouraged to "pile votes on"...
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:35 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

@Mod: Could we have a prod for OMGLyncher? The consensus seems to want a response from him.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:29 am

Post by havingfitz »

We are not on a roll. :(
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:28 pm

Post by ronnieroo »

God, where is everyone?

This is certainly not productive. Does anyone have any suspects other then OMGl that they would like to comment on?
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:45 pm

Post by DeathNote »

So... whats going on peeps? Having fun in this game?
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:32 am

Post by havingfitz »

Mafia_Failure hasn't posted since Tuesday morning. They stated they had started another game but that is no reason to bail on this one. OMG hasn't posted since last Wednesday. Can the MOD please prod vigorously (or replace)?

I realize there are other players besides them to focus on but as we wait for OMG to participate we are stagnating. If it wasn't going to put OMG at L-1, which from my last game seems to get a lot of negative attention, I would do so. Half for the current suspicions on them and half for OMGUS for being so absent.

Mafia Failure hasn't really been much of a participant so either they are trying to lie seriously under the radar or they have skipped town.

In addition to my suspicions mentioned earlier...I am starting to look at MiteyMouse more for these reasons:

1. I don't understand his suspicions towards DN and TC... (@Miteymouse...can you explain?)
2. Claims to have quite a lot of experience has been very inactive and not provided much value (sorry that sounds worse than I intend it to be).
3. For the minor reason of stating he would not take off his random vote from Roo unless he had something better to vote for....and then took his vote off Roo right after Roo wished him a Happy Scumday. Coincidence...trying to build a favorable relationship with Roo?

All conjecture but then again most of this game is
:)

For what it's worth...here is a post count of everyone other than the Mod and their percentage of the total non-Mod posts:

Tororingu_chan........34.....0.27
DeathNote...............18.....0.14
PaltryExcuse............13.....0.10
ronnieroo................12.....0.10
havingfitz................11.....0.09
Mafia_failure...........11.....0.09
Pablo Molinero........11.....0.09
MiteyMouse..............9.....0.07
OMGLyncher............7.....0.06

PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:50 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

@havingfitz: Are you saying you're 'looking' at Mitey as a possible mafia (aka lynch) or just that he hasn't been clear in his intentions?
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:03 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Prodding Mafia and OMG.

Sorry guys, the weekends are bad for me right now for modding as we're focusing a lot of time on trying to get things packed up. Please note that I am moving the first weekend of October, which is also the Day 1 deadline. I may not be able to move the game to Night until Monday the 5th if you go to deadline, although I will try to do so.

If someone disappears between now and Oct. 5, please PM me to ensure I get to it ASAP.

Thanks for your patience.

Official Vote Count

OMGLyncher - 3 (Pablo Molinero, Tororingu-chan, DeathNote)

Not Voting - 6 (havingfitz, Mafia_failure, MiteyMouse, OMGLyncher, PaltryExcuse, ronnieroo)

5 to Lynch.
Deadline
is the end of Thursday, October 1.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:00 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Rawr. Getting back to school and trying to set up my compy on this blasted campus internets is a pain. Sorry about that, I was 2 days without good access.

It seems like OMG has disappeared on us. Great. Did I mention that I dislike playing against replacements?
SAMMICHES SAMMICHES SAMMICHES
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:28 am

Post by havingfitz »

PaltryExcuse wrote:@havingfitz: Are you saying you're 'looking' at Mitey as a possible mafia (aka lynch) or just that he hasn't been clear in his intentions?

Well I'm looking at everyone as a possible mafia but for some I'm not seeing much if any. I'm just pointing out a few interesting observations IMO regarding Mitey. The lack of anything else going on has given a bit of time to do some nitpicking.

Also...with Vel being out of pocket around the first of Oct I'm crossing my fingers we get to the next day sooner than later. I know that sounds bad but this game is creeping along enough as it is.

MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by MiteyMouse »

havingfitz wrote:In addition to my suspicions mentioned earlier...I am starting to look at MiteyMouse more for these reasons:

1. I don't understand his suspicions towards DN and TC... (@Miteymouse...can you explain?)
2. Claims to have quite a lot of experience has been very inactive and not provided much value (sorry that sounds worse than I intend it to be).
3. For the minor reason of stating he would not take off his random vote from Roo unless he had something better to vote for....and then took his vote off Roo right after Roo wished him a Happy Scumday. Coincidence...trying to build a favorable relationship with Roo?
1. They are mostly gut at this stage. I will do a better read tomorrow and get some more thoughts down.
2. I have been on my busy week at work.
3. I changed my mind and thought it was sweet of him to wish me a happy Scum Day.

MiteyMouse is a she.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:37 pm

Post by DeathNote »

hmm... interesting post. There is always the option to no lynch if we can't decide what to do for today. The only issue with this is that we might not have any town power roles.
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:30 pm

Post by ronnieroo »

Pst... Mitey... I'm female. :P

"3. For the minor reason of stating he would not take off his random vote from Roo unless he had something better to vote for....and then took his vote off Roo right after Roo wished him a Happy Scumday. Coincidence...trying to build a favorable relationship with Roo?"

I really don't feel like Mitey is trying to buddy with me at this point. It just doesn't feel like buddying. On the buddying note, never ever try to buddy with me. Ever. Everyone has different opinions on buddying, but IMO it is a bad thing. If a mafia player is buddying with a town player, and the mafia player is killed, then the town player looks like scum. What I normally do, is if I am town, I think you're mafia, if I'm mafia and you're not, I night kill, if you're mafia and I'm a fellow mafia member, I'll bus you. That's just me. (Let's note that having stated these things in all likley hood I would not use them in this game, as that would be giving away my role.) I find the opinion interesting, but don't agree with it. Mitey, I would like to know why you changed your mind.

In the mean time, I really hope OMGl shows back up. I absolutly hate playing with replacements. It's difficult to get a read.
Tororingu-chan
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:08 pm

Post by Tororingu-chan »

DeathNote wrote:There is always the option to no lynch if we can't decide what to do for today.
Nononono~~ No Lynch is terrible~ It means we don't get to use our most powerful weapon, the lynch~ >_<;;

I think we really have to replace OMGLyncher.... Flaking under pressure, +1 scumminess~ >_>;
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:10 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

If we have two replacements, what tends to happen to those who replace in? I mean, they inherit the role of the previous owner, but does that mean they have to take responsibility for what their predecessor said and try to explain their thinking? Basically, do they take ownership of whatever was said by the one they replaced?

It just looks like we have two possible runaways so I'm trying to get a little background so I know what to expect.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:59 am

Post by havingfitz »

Sorry Mitey for the ‘he’ references....I will try to be more gender accurate in the future, as apparently you should be too. Like I said...your unvote was a minor nitpick on my part but it was a noticed contradiction.

I don’t like replacements either...especially when they are for someone I suspect to be scummy. As I don’t have any suspicions of note vs. MafiaFailure I don’t think a replacement for him would be the worst thing. On the other hand, I do think a replacement on OMG would suck. Even if the replacement was active and coherent I would still have difficulty getting past the fact the person he replaced (OMG) had given me reason to suspect that combined “OMG & replacement” position. I am definitely not a fan of no-lynching as I think the only ones a no-lynch helps is mafia, as they essentially get a free Day one pass and get to deplete the townies by one at no risk. It also robs the rest of us to opportunity to analyze the votes that were cast.

I know putting someone at L-1 is usually seen as a bad thing but I think the current situation in our game, i.e. we seem to be stuck in neutral save a handful of players with OMG being viewed as the roadblock, warrants action. OMG has produced the most evidence for people to suspect him (either in initial actions or his defense and subsequent withdrawal) and in the interests of 1.) progressing the game, 2.) acting on the suspicions he has raised, and 3.) reducing the prospects of a replacement player by at least one, I
Vote: OMGLyncher
. If anyone else wants to moves things forward...now is your chance.

Note...as I read this post back to myself before submitting it I thought how I would view the person who potentially would place a 5th and deciding vote on OMG. I would have a hard time placing suspicions on the 5th vote on the basis of that vote itself. If I already had my doubts about a player those doubts would remain, but a 5th vote in this instance would not increase my suspicions. And while that sentiment would appear to take away some of the value earned in analyzing votes, on the chance we do get it right I think the value is still there. Realistically we were moving in the direction of an OMG lynch anyway. This just gets us there a bit quicker without the added confusion (for me at least) that the replacement of a player with the preponderance of suspicions would introduce.

Pardon the long rambling post.

Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:33 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Replacements definitely will have to answer for everything their predecessor was responsible before. I would hate for scum to get off the hook merely because they're a new player in the game.

That said, havingfitz's current post/vote comes at a very bizarre time, in my opinion. OMGLyncher is very clearly AWOL and unable to currently defend himself AND clearly in need of a replacement, (which I'm sure VRK will get in no time once OMG misses his prod), and only then does havingfitz pops in with a vote and post encouraging the town to close this day out ("I won't find vote #5 scummy"), before a defense for OMG can be made. I hate replacements as much as the next guy, but to axe a player while gone without allowing them to retort... it
screams
scummy to me.

Yeah, I don't like OMG being at L-1, yet.

unvote, vote: havingfitz
SAMMICHES SAMMICHES SAMMICHES
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:28 am

Post by MiteyMouse »

ronnieroo wrote:Pst... Mitey... I'm female. :P
Eek...I'm sorry! And your's is under your sig too...I suck!
havingfitz wrote:Sorry Mitey for the ‘he’ references....I will try to be more gender accurate in the future, as apparently you should be too. Like I said...your unvote was a minor nitpick on my part but it was a noticed contradiction.
Touche and no worries. And fair enough with the nitpick. That is the type of thing we are looking for. Questioning someone on things like that almost never hurts!
DeathNote wrote:There is always the option to no lynch if we can't decide what to do for today.
No lynch is almost never a good idea in this type of game. It gives Scum the chance to get one up on us. They will still get their kill (barring a Doctor picking the right protection but, that is a big big maybe) and we get to start Day 1 again without a Townie. Basically a No Lynch gives us no information. There is a time and a place for no lynch but, this is not the type of game for it.

I'm not meaning to buddy and I can see a bit where the impression is coming from. That being said, I am a nice player and will shoot compliments to players...I also give out hugs and worry about the feelings of the other players. That is just me, I like to keep the games clean and friendly. I get accused of buddying almost every game that I play...and yes, I do try to build favourable relationships with the players in the game. I play quite a few games here and don't want a bad relationship from a game to hurt the potential to play with someone at a later time.

I do have to agree with you Pablo on the timing of Havingfitz's vote. HF...why did you feel the need to vote for a player that is missing and will probably be replaced at this time?
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:33 am

Post by MiteyMouse »

ronnieroo wrote:Pst... Mitey... I'm female. :P
Eek...I'm sorry! And your's is under your sig too...I suck!
havingfitz wrote:Sorry Mitey for the ‘he’ references....I will try to be more gender accurate in the future, as apparently you should be too. Like I said...your unvote was a minor nitpick on my part but it was a noticed contradiction.
Touche and no worries. And fair enough with the nitpick. That is the type of thing we are looking for. Questioning someone on things like that almost never hurts!
No lynch is almost never a good idea in this type of game. It gives Scum the chance to get one up on us. They will still get their kill (barring a Doctor picking the right protection but, that is a big big maybe) and we get to start Day 1 again without a Townie. Basically a No Lynch gives us no information. There is a time and a place for no lynch but, this is not the type of game for it.

I'm not meaning to buddy and I can see a bit where the impression is coming from. That being said, I am a nice player and will shoot compliments to players...I also give out hugs and worry about the feelings of the other players. That is just me, I like to keep the games clean and friendly. I get accused of buddying almost every game that I play...and yes, I do try to build favourable relationships with the players in the game. I play quite a few games here and don't want a bad relationship from a game to hurt the potential to play with someone at a later time.

I do have to agree with you Pablo on the timing of Havingfitz's vote. HF...why did you feel the need to vote for a player that is missing and will probably be replaced at this time?
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:20 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

The timing of your vote, havingfitz, really is odd. The thing that scares me more is the fact that you're inviting us to vote out OMG and stating
no consequences or suspicions
from yourself. In that situation if someone threw on a 5th vote I would think them reckless and scummy. It reeks of a quicklynch now that we've waited for many days waiting for an OMG response.
havingfitz wrote:3. For the minor reason of stating he would not take off his random vote from Roo unless he had something better to vote for....and then took his vote off Roo right after Roo wished him a Happy Scumday. Coincidence...trying to build a favorable relationship with Roo?
MiteyMouse wrote:3. I changed my mind and thought it was sweet of him to wish me a happy Scum Day.
What made you change your mind Mitey? The fact that the vote was random, or you no longer suspect Roo the most as scum? If the latter, why? Just looking for those thoughts on who you suspect.
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:25 am

Post by MiteyMouse »

Mostly because it was a random vote. I never really suspected Roo as being the most Scummy in here but, the vote was making her nervous. Nervous is ok as, it keeps players talking...especially newer players.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:10 am

Post by DeathNote »

@Pablo- unless I am mistaken, you encouraged votes for OMG and he was still not posting at that time. Well when Fitz finally decides to post in a vote on him, you instantly unvote and say you don't want L-1 yet. Why is this?
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:31 am

Post by havingfitz »

Since the timing of my post has come into question I’ll try to explain it. The timing of my vote is based on a few things. 1.) I’m an impatient person. If everyone was actively participating I would be in no hurry to end the first day. 2.) Despite urging Vel to prod OMG (and MF)…the prospects of a replacement whom I would still suspect based on the suspicions raised by OMG would IMO distract others (myself at least) from trying to refine their reads on the players who have been here from the start. I don’t think two weeks into the game is a quicklynch…especially when OMG has been the scum focus of the game and has had votes on him for most of the game.
Pablo Molinero wrote:That said, havingfitz's current post/vote comes at a very bizarre time, in my opinion. OMGLyncher is very clearly AWOL and unable to currently defend himself AND clearly in need of a replacement, (which I'm sure VRK will get in no time once OMG misses his prod), and only then does havingfitz pops in with a vote and post encouraging the town to close this day out ("I won't find vote #5 scummy"), before a defense for OMG can be made. I hate replacements as much as the next guy, but to axe a player while gone without allowing them to retort... it
screams
scummy to me.

Yeah, I don't like OMG being at L-1, yet.

unvote, vote: havingfitz
OMG did defend himself and his weak defense is one of the things being held against him. Weren’t you the one who encouraged us to pile on the votes?
MiteyMouse wrote:I do have to agree with you Pablo on the timing of Havingfitz's vote. HF...why did you feel the need to vote for a player that is missing and will probably be replaced at this time?
For the reasons at the beginning of this post.
PaltryExcuse wrote:The timing of your vote, havingfitz, really is odd. The thing that scares me more is the fact that you're inviting us to vote out OMG and stating
no consequences or suspicions
from yourself. In that situation if someone threw on a 5th vote I would think them reckless and scummy. It reeks of a quicklynch now that we've waited for many days waiting for an OMG response.
I agree that the L-1 and 5th votes are actions that warrant suspicion. I tried to preface my vote with my reasoning as best that I could. After re-reading my vote post before I submitted it...I could not consider a potential 5th vote after mine as suspicious without being a total hypocrite. Which I try not to do. I've had OMG as my main suspect since last week...as have others. I don't look forward to my main suspect being replaced. I gave my thoughts on it being a quicklynch above…I don’t think it would be one.

BTW...I should be able to get another post or two in before tomorrow evening (UK time) but
I will be V/LA tomorrow night and all day Thursday

PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

All in all I still am leaning towards a OMG / his replacement lynch, as his actions have just screamed scummy throughout. The rampant voting and the like could be perceived as scummy, but his lackluster defense and subsequent disappearance is what made the case against him legit.
havingfitz wrote:I don’t think two weeks into the game is a quicklynch…especially when OMG has been the scum focus of the game and has had votes on him for most of the game.
What I meant was, now that he has stopped posting for 3 / 4 days and hasn't posted, I was waiting for a response. And then the 4th vote comes on and you encourage us to put the nail on the coffin, like a "quick, lynch that guy". I think what happened was suspicious, but all in all it more raised my eyebrows than convinced me of your guilt. Your comments have provided a large portion of recent activity and my gut is leaning towards you wanting to move things along.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”