Newbie 841 - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Tororingu-chan
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:42 pm

Post by Tororingu-chan »

Hmmm~~ I find it odd that havingfitz seems to think that OMGLyncher is guaranteed scum and would rather lynch him now rather than wait for a replacement~ >_<;

Yet at this point in time I would still prefer an OMGLyncher lynch.... havingfitz rushing into things only shows that havingfitz is impatient, not that he is scum... ^_^
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:24 pm

Post by havingfitz »

PaltryExcuse wrote:All in all I still am leaning towards a OMG / his replacement lynch, as his actions have just screamed scummy throughout. The rampant voting and the like could be perceived as scummy, but his lackluster defense and subsequent disappearance is what made the case against him legit.
havingfitz wrote:I don’t think two weeks into the game is a quicklynch…especially when OMG has been the scum focus of the game and has had votes on him for most of the game.
What I meant was, now that he has stopped posting for 3 / 4 days and hasn't posted, I was waiting for a response. And then the 4th vote comes on and you encourage us to put the nail on the coffin, like a "quick, lynch that guy". I think what happened was suspicious, but all in all it more raised my eyebrows than convinced me of your guilt. Your comments have provided a large portion of recent activity and my gut is leaning towards you wanting to move things along.
Yesterday was day 6 of OMG AWOL. His limited body of evidence was enough to make him the most suspicious (to many) over the past week. If he had not disappeared and had tried to clarify his posts and opinions I might feel differently about him...but he hasn't. While the pace of the game has picked up a bit lately that's because we have focused in large part on OMG's absence and the reads people are getting from those discussions (ex. the timing of my recent vote). While a large part of my last few days posting has been based on a desire to move things along...it is also with the most likely scum candidate at the moment in mind and not having to deal with his replacement and the replacement's efforts to remove the scum stain left by OMG (which I would have a hard time accepting).

Tororingu-chan wrote:Hmmm~~ I find it odd that havingfitz seems to think that OMGLyncher is guaranteed scum and would rather lynch him now rather than wait for a replacement~ >_<;

Yet at this point in time I would still prefer an OMGLyncher lynch.... havingfitz rushing into things only shows that havingfitz is impatient, not that he is scum... ^_^
I can be impatient. I can't guarantee anyone is scum...OMG is just the highest on my list and coupled with his absence and potential replacement I don't think the value in waiting for a replacement...and extending what might end up happening anyway (an OMG/replacement lynch) is worth the wait. Especially if we wait until the Oct 1st to vote...then Vel is v/LA until the 5th and we delay things even further (and potentially lose momentum/interest). I'm hopeful of getting Day two started (with me in it) before Vel is out of pocket in Oct. If that means waiting 4 or 5 more days...fine. If the consensus is to wait until the 1st...so be it. I'm just trying to keep the game active and progressing (while voting out the most likely scum at the same time).
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:12 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Replacing Mafia_failure and OMG

Albert B. Rampage replaces M_f and RayFrost replaces OMG.

Official Vote Count

RayFrost - 3 (Tororingu-chan, DeathNote, havingfitz)

havingfitz - 1 (Pablo Molinero)

Not Voting - 5 (Albert B. Rampage, MiteyMouse, PaltryExcuse, RayFrost, ronnieroo)

5 to Lynch.
Deadline
is the end of Thursday, October 1.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:05 am

Post by RayFrost »

oh snap, I just replaced into a game with ABR and MM O.o" oh noes, this will give them meta on me XD

Anyway, I'm the guy replacing the biggest wagon, OMG Lyncher and yeah... I chose to replace him
because
he was the biggest wagon :wink:

I'll get to reading up and stuff, adding this to my watch list, etc, etc.

After that, I'll work my mojo magical beans and stuff.
don't you feel silly now?
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:14 am

Post by RayFrost »

I'll catch up tomorrow, Japan-time... I need to sleep. It's 12:13 AM, and I'm wiped.
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:16 am

Post by MiteyMouse »

Oh Yay! Albert and Ray! Hi guys and welcome to the game!!
Tororingu-chan wrote:Hmmm~~ I find it odd that havingfitz seems to think that OMGLyncher is guaranteed scum and would rather lynch him now rather than wait for a replacement~ >_<;

See what I find funny about HF thinking that Ray/OMG is guaranteed Scum is that it smels of PIS (perfect infrmation syndrome). What I find funnier is that you point this out and then defend him T-Chan.

vote HavingFitz
FOS T-Chan
The more I see, the less I know
The more I'd like to let it go.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:54 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

RayFrost wrote:Anyway, I'm the guy replacing the biggest wagon, OMG Lyncher and yeah... I chose to replace him
because
he was the biggest wagon :wink
That's funny, I chose to replace Mafia_failure because he had no votes on him. And I made my choice long before you did, so in reality
you had no choice
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:55 am

Okay guys, don't kill anyone until me and Ray have caught up.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:02 am

Post by DeathNote »

My voting finger is twitching with the arrival of Ray the stalker. :/

He replaced into my game on purpose... I know it.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:42 am

Post by havingfitz »

RayFrost wrote:I'll catch up tomorrow, Japan-time... I need to sleep. It's 12:13 AM, and I'm wiped.
I thought you learned your lesson in my last (& first...816) game. Always make your analysis post first. You did the same thing in that game...showed up way late Japan time...said you'd have a read and get back to us. Then you were lynched to end the game before you had a chance to speak.

On a serious note, now that OMG has been replaced...
Unvote RayFrost
and
FoS RayFrost

I stand by my earlier comments regarding a replacement for someone I had the bulk of my suspicions aimed at but now that the replacement has taken place I'm resigned/willing to hear what a more active experienced player can make of what OMG started.
MiteyMouse wrote:See what I find funny about HF thinking that Ray/OMG is guaranteed Scum is that it smels of PIS (perfect infrmation syndrome). What I find funnier is that you point this out and then defend him T-Chan.

vote HavingFitz
FOS T-Chan
MM...nowhere do I make any reference to OMG being guaranteed scum. He was #1 on my list last week...as he was for a few others...but my suspicions on him were not the only reasons for my vote on him (as I have explained in detail). Don't put words in my mouth to justify your attempt to shift negative sentiment my way. I would focus more on the content of your posts. For someone with as much experience as you and so willing to help the IC...your posts don't have a lot of meat to them.

Do you have any other reasons to suspect me besides your faulty accusation that I think OMG was guaranteed scum?

RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:39 pm

Post by RayFrost »

yeah, yeah Having Fitz... I learn lessons after my 3.4th mistake :P
Tororingu-chan
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:22 pm

Post by Tororingu-chan »

Welcome replacements~~ ^_^
havingfitz wrote:MM...nowhere do I make any reference to OMG being guaranteed scum.
We inferred that from your eagerness to lynch him before his replacement even showed up... @_@; It just seems really hasty to me!!
MiteyMouse wrote:See what I find funny about HF thinking that Ray/OMG is guaranteed Scum is that it smels of PIS (perfect infrmation syndrome). What I find funnier is that you point this out and then defend him T-Chan.
I noticed it, and it was odd, but at this point in time I don't consider him scummier than OMGLyncher~~ ^_^ So far, I'm willing to accept his explanation that he's just really impatient, since I can see how it's possible to be exasperated at the rate this game is (was) moving.. @_@;;

It's something to keep in mind, but not worth voting for yet imo~ ^_^;
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:58 am

Post by MiteyMouse »

So T-Chan, do you see how it could look like you are defending H-Fitz?
The more I see, the less I know
The more I'd like to let it go.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:20 am

Quick thoughts:

I suspect OMG_Lyncher based on Toro-chan's case. If Ray were to come up town, Toro would definitely be a suspect though, because she has been tunnel-visioning a bit. But I like her style.

FOS Ray

Ronnieroo defending OMG looks scummy, like a scum partner defending another.
ronnieroo wrote: On OMGl's situation: I really do think the case is weak. OMGl is a newbie. I don't know about you all, but the first time someone came out and started arguing against me, I was a little bit uncomfortable as well. I know that this is completley playing the newbie card, but I just don't feel like lynching an all out noobie who did something foolish when the game is only five pages in.
Ronnie saying that "we shouldn't rush things" actually is very scummy.
ronnieroo wrote:God, where is everyone?

This is certainly not productive. Does anyone have any suspects other then OMGl that they would like to comment on?
This is pretty scummy too, because she's trying to censor out OMGl.

Vote Ronnie

In addition, minor
FOS
to everyone who wasn't voting in the last vote count. Stalling the game = scummy.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:23 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Hello Albert B. Rampage and RayFrost!

@ABR: Very interesting. I have to say I didn't see Roo's posts in that light before and it really piques my curiosity. I'll have to go re-read the posts in order to figure out what, I think, are the context of her posts.

@Ray: Obviously, as OMG's replacement, you got some explainin' to do.
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:20 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Hello, replacements. Sorry about not being around so much this week. Classes just started and I'm still getting settled in to school here. I think it's interesting that havingfitz immediately downgrades to a FoS after a real life person came along. Not only that, but the real-live person hasn't even posted a proper defense or response yet. Where did the gung-ho behavior go? What about keeping pressure on and making replacements answer for with their predecessor did? I'm fine where my vote is right now on havingfitz, who hasn't helped himself one bit with his recent actions, but I'd definitely like to see how Ray responds.
SAMMICHES SAMMICHES SAMMICHES
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:56 am

Post by DeathNote »

I don't think Rayfrost needs to defend anything. If he defends, it would be against OMG's nooby/scummy play and there is little he can do about that. The only thing he can do is claim so either way, I consider him to be starting off on a clean slate.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:59 am

DeathNote wrote:I don't think Rayfrost needs to defend anything. If he defends, it would be against OMG's nooby/scummy play and there is little he can do about that. The only thing he can do is claim so either way, I consider him to be starting off on a clean slate.
That's not logical man. Its still the same role. Sure he cannot defend himself, but if he's scum, then you're ignoring very valuable evidence in some sickening and twisted sense of 'fair play'. If it came to it, I would definitely lynch him based on OMGl's play alone.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:00 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Upon a perusal of Roo's posts, I have to say ABR's argument does stand strong in my mind.
Reason: Roo plays the newbie card a lot when talking about OMG. Inexperience can be a detriment, but it's not an excuse for scummy behaviour. The defense is weak.

I don't feel, however, the case on her is as strong as the one on Ray/OMG. Blatantly admitting you're acting scummy, and then departing once the pressure is on? To be cliché: Actions speak louder than words. Scummy, I'd say.

@ABR: Is any 'buddying' proof of scummy behaviour? I'm starting to think it is and it isn't. If Roo doesn't want someone lynched then wouldn't she defend them? She doesn't believe OMG is scum, and defends him against pretty much everyone else. However, if she was scum, Ray gets lynched and is town, she looks like a defender of the down-trod. I'm having trouble seeing how a defense is instantly bad. Also:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:Ronnie saying that "we shouldn't rush things" actually is very scummy.
I thought a more thought-out approach for a final lynch is the way to go. No? Although I will say that in no way were we 'rushing' things. It has been two weeks.

@Pablo: I hear you on the classes front. Guh!
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:21 am

You should vote, PE.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:22 am

Its not that all defenses are scummy, but that roonie's defense was scummy.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:27 am

Post by havingfitz »

Pablo Molinero wrote:I think it's interesting that havingfitz immediately downgrades to a FoS after a real life person came along. Not only that, but the real-live person hasn't even posted a proper defense or response yet. Where did the gung-ho behavior go? What about keeping pressure on and making replacements answer for with their predecessor did? I'm fine where my vote is right now on havingfitz, who hasn't helped himself one bit with his recent actions, but I'd definitely like to see how Ray responds.
I was gung ho until the vote on OMG went from L-1 to L-2 and the town consensus seemed to favor waiting. I gave my sentiment following OMG's removal:
havingfitz wrote:On a serious note, now that OMG has been replaced...
Unvote RayFrost
and
FoS RayFrost

I stand by my earlier comments regarding a replacement for someone I had the bulk of my suspicions aimed at but
now that the replacement has taken place I'm resigned/willing to hear what a more active experienced player can make of what OMG started.
I do not have anything against RayFrost and have shelved my impatience...though I still am suspicious of his position (thanks to OMG's fine work) and look forward to hearing from him as well.

@ Pablo and Mitey. You were & are both high on my scum list. I had expressed suspicions towards both of you prior to my vote on OMG whereas neither of you had indicated any suspicions towards me. In fact...regarding my vote...you Pablo placed the 1st vote on OMG and in fact singled out me in your encouragement to everyone to vote...shortly after you urged us to "pile on the votes". Now I'm #1 on your list. Why the sudden change of heart and why are the two of you now only focused on me? I think you are both going out of your way to divert negative attention onto me (aka away from yourselves).

Do the two of you have any other suspects?

In the interest of fair play, and for reasons already mentioned numerous times, here are my top three...in no particular order:

Pablo_M
RayFrost (via OMG)
MiteyMouse

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:29 am

Vote it up guys, use your rights.
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:50 pm

Post by ronnieroo »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Ronnieroo defending OMG looks scummy, like a scum partner defending another.
Ok, I was stating my current thoughts. I in no way said "Don't vote". It was early in the day. Rushing things is good for mafia, but not for town.

ronnieroo wrote: On OMGl's situation: I really do think the case is weak. OMGl is a newbie. I don't know about you all, but the first time someone came out and started arguing against me, I was a little bit uncomfortable as well. I know that this is completley playing the newbie card, but I just don't feel like lynching an all out noobie who did something foolish when the game is only five pages in.
Ronnie saying that "we shouldn't rush things" actually is very scummy.

We were five pages in. Do you think rushing things is a good idea? sure it works well in some games, but a mojority of the time, it leads to a town lynch. Moving on to the noobie thing, noobie games are actually hard for me to play (Hard games are actually easier. I confuse noobie mistakes and scum tells too easily. Don't play enough noobie games I guess). In the last game I played several town members died because of noobie slips. You'll note that I did later suspect him. I felt like rushing to lynch was a bad thing.

ronnieroo wrote:God, where is everyone?

This is certainly not productive. Does anyone have any suspects other then OMGl that they would like to comment on?
I wasn't trying to censor OMGl. It had been awhile since anyone had posted. Tunnel vision on OMGl isn't a good thing. I wanted to know if someone had any other suspects. As you state laster in this post, not moving the game along is scummy.

This is pretty scummy too, because she's trying to censor out OMGl.

Vote Ronnie

In addition, minor
FOS
to everyone who wasn't voting in the last vote count. Stalling the game = scummy.
Ok, I don't see not voting in one vote count is suspcious, and me trying to move the game along by trying to get people to talk is also suspcious? I don't understand that. I also don't like how you're encouraging everyone to "vote it up" Votes are great weapons, but voting without logic isn't a good thing. Please do vote is you have a suspect, but please state why your voting.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:04 pm

Post by DeathNote »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
DeathNote wrote:I don't think Rayfrost needs to defend anything. If he defends, it would be against OMG's nooby/scummy play and there is little he can do about that. The only thing he can do is claim so either way, I consider him to be starting off on a clean slate.
That's not logical man. Its still the same role. Sure he cannot defend himself, but if he's scum, then you're ignoring very valuable evidence in some sickening and twisted sense of 'fair play'. If it came to it, I would definitely lynch him based on OMGl's play alone.
Yes he still has the same role but OMG didn't give us anything to go off of for serious votes. He was simply the best option since he lacked the ability to defend himself. Rayfrost can't defend against something that OMG did.

Unvote

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”