California Trilogy: City of Angels - On Camera (Game Over)

MrJellyLee
MrJellyLee
Townie
MrJellyLee
Townie
Townie

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:08 am

Post by MrJellyLee »

[PJ Posting]

Judge Ito puts up no struggle as he is dragged away by Mr. Godwin.

"I am not sure why you have returned to the United States, but just know this: anything you say or do can and will be used against you in a court of law."

Vote: Door #1
In flapdoodle we spew.
MafiaJin
MafiaJin
Townie
MafiaJin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:52 am

Post by MafiaJin »

Eyes the host of the show, with menacing eyes

I suppose you did not hear my voice over the crowd but very well.

vote: Door #1
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:56 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Final Vote Count:
5 to Decide.

Door 1: 5 (Carrie Fisher, Dweezil Zappa, Glen Stewart Godwin, Julie Newmar, Lance Ito)

Door 2: 1 (Clarence Odbody)

Not Voting: 3 (Kelly Garrett, Kobe Bryant, John Locke)
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:57 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Scene 2.5

Monty Hall:
Ok, Carrie, it seems you and the crowd have reached a decision. Is that right?

Carrie Fisher looks at the crowd. They cheer, applaud, and generally make fools of themselves. She turns back to Monty and nods.

Monty Hall:
Great! But before we get to your Big Deal, I'd like to make one more offer to a member of the audience...

David Blaine:
Pick me!

A surprised crowd looks around for the source of this unmistakable voice. One of them finally looks up, lets out a gasp, and points. The camera follows to show David Blaine standing on a lamp post. The crowd applauds at his unexpected appearance. David Blaine takes a bow.

This, of course, is a mistake, as he is balanced on the top of a lamp post. Gravity takes over, and he plummets, landing on a boy with a scar on his forehead.

Monty Hall:
If people would stop interrupting, maybe tragedies like this wouldn't happen. Now we're going to get sued over the death of this child...

Clarence Odbody:
Look! He's still alive!

Indeed, the boy, while clearly in a lot of pain, is trying to shift the magician's body.

Kobe Bryant:
Hey, I know that kid. That's that wizard. What's his name? Barry Trotter or something?

Lance Ito:
We should call him the Boy who Lived. It's catchy.

Mortician:
Bring out your dead!

Clang. But before anyone can make a cheesy "I'm not dead yet" joke, the Mortician runs over both the boy and magician with his cart, crushing their skulls.

Monty Hall:
I don't know why I bother. Look, let's just take... you. Sir? In the chicken suit?

San Diego Chicken:
Me?

The Chicken looks around, making sure there are no other chicken-suited individuals who Monty Hall could be selecting. Seeing none, he makes his way up to the doors.

Monty Hall:
Now, this deal starts with a wallet. I can tell you that the wallet contains a fifty dollar bill. It might contain other bills as well. The wallet is yours. Here.

Monty hands the Chicken the wallet.

Monty Hall:
Before you open the wallet, however, I'll...

But the Chicken has already opened the wallet, revealing that it only contains the fifty dollar bill and an old condom.

Monty Hall:
No! That's now how the game works! I was going to offer you the chance to switch to the door that wasn't chosen and...

San Diego Chicken:
I'll keep the wallet!

Monty Hall:
You've already looked inside to see that there's not any other... wait, what?

San Diego Chicken:
I owe my bookie.

Monty Hall:
Sigh. Look, let's just hear a word from our sponsors. I know, this is a street show, but someone's got to pay the bills.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:45 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

Scene 2.6

All the characters on camera freeze. The scene is entirely still, except for subtle movement caused by the wind blowing and wispy clouds passing in front of the sun. A bald man in a black suit walks into view. His back is toward the camera. He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a small device. Holding it in front of him, out of view of the camera, he presses a button. There is an audible click, and then some unidentifiable sound. The man walks off camera, leaving behind a tripod on which sits a box about half the size of the original device. Nothing happens for a moment. A small, green LED flashes on, then off again. The air around the device shimmers, and holographic images begin to appear.

They flash into view of the camera quickly - several per second at first, and then faster until it is impossible for the human brain to pick out the individual images. Among the first, longer lasting images, are ads for McDonalds, three different light beers, Dyson, and... something involving Peyton Manning. Mixed in with the images is a short video, split up frame by frame, of Vince Offer and Zombie Billy Mayes in a battle using only items they have sold on TV (which gives them a plethora of options).

The actors portraying main characters in the film are wearing special shielded contact lens, and most of the other cast have been arranged to be facing away from the holographic display, but Harriet Jones (former Prime Minister) is not protected. She falls over, her brain hemorrhaging due to its inability to handle the bombardment.

Once the "show" is over, The man in the black suit returns, presses a button on device, returns it to his pocket in its folded state, and walks off camera again.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:57 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Scene 2.7

The scene unfreezes. Monty Hall glances toward the camera, but just to the left. He nods, almost imperceptibly, before speaking.

Monty Hall:
Ok, then. Carrie, you and the audience have selected Door 1. Let's see what you could have won if you have chosen to switch...

Cheesy game show music plays, and the door opens.

Monty Hall:
It's a life-size version of the classic children's game, Rock'em Sock'em Robots!

Indeed, there is a large, plastic boxing ring with two figures in the center, ready to fight. One is red and one is blue. But something is unusual about them...

Monty Hall:
This is actually a special edition set; in addition to being life-size, the "robots" are actually Keith Olbermann and Sean Hannity! This deal is sponsored by our good friends and Fox News and MSNBC, and is valued at $3.47.

Monty Hall's assistants demonstrate the game by moving large joysticks around just outside the ring and pressing buttons to make the pundits punch at each other. They connect simultaneously, and both of their heads pop up with a satisfying spine-cracking sound.

Monty Hall:
It looks like you've made a good decision, Carrie. Let's see what you've won, behind Door 1!

The door opens, revealing a seemingly lifeless Japanese girl.

Carrie Fisher:
I win a girl?

Monty Hall:
Not exactly. In cooperation with Honda, our friends at the Artificial Intelligence Foundation have created a corporeal form of A.L.I.C.E., the Artificial Linguistic Internet Computer Entity. Say hello, ALICE.

ALICE:
Hello.

Monty Hall:
Are you happy to have been chosen in today's Big Deal?

ALICE:
I am as happy as ever.

Monty Hall:
Tell us something interesting about yourself, Alice.

ALICE:
I am an artificial linguistic entity. I was activated at Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, on November 23, 1995. My instructor was Dr. Richard S. Wallace. He taught me to sing a song. Would you like me to sing it for you?

Monty Hall:
Sure!

ALICE:
And?

Monty Hall:
Will you sing it for us?

ALICE:
I'll burn that bridge when I come to it. Daisy, Daisy.
Give me your answer do.
I am half crazy.
All for the love of you.
It won't be a stylish marriage.
I can't afford a carriage.
But you'll look sweet. Upon the seat.
Of a bicycle built for two.

Monty Hall:
That was a beautiful song.

ALICE:
Of a bicycle built for two
was a beautiful song?

Monty Hall:
Yes.

ALICE:
Ayuh.

Carrie Fisher isn't sure what to do, so she simply holds out her hand. ALICE takes hold of it. The audience claps. A confused Carrie Fisher continues down the Hollywood Walk of Fame with her new friend beside her. Others in the audience follow. Fade to black.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:23 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Scene 3.1

Outside a tall building on the outskirts of Los Angeles, a single car sits in an otherwise deserted parking lot. The sign on the building reads "Mr. Grey International, Inc.", and while there is a disturbing lack of cars the lights in the windows and the occasional blur of colorful motion inside suggests that there are people working.

The camera moves in tight on the car. It is a 1957 Eldorado Brougham. There are two motionless figures inside. Neither have been featured before, but both will surely be recognized by fans of the film franchise.

Ms. Blue is in the front passenger-side seat. Her body is slumped forward. He skin is quite pale, and she has clearly been dead for some time.

Glork is in the driver's seat. Strangely, his body does not show as much sign of decay. His body is sitting in the seat with a posture much like that which would be expected were he actually driving. However, his head has been severed and replaced on his neck so that the dead eyes are facing the rear of the car.

There is an explosion, and the camera rapidly zooms out, the flames chasing the edge of the view. The remains of the car land upside-down. The view goes dark once more.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:24 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Scene 3.2

Tight shot on John Locke, walking down Hollywood Boulevard. He is walking at a leisurely pace, and the viewer can assume that Carrie Fisher and her new android friend have walked out of view some ways ahead. John is taking his time because... well, when one has spent a significant amount of time in a wheelchair, and then stuck on an island, one is going to take the chance to stroll and enjoy one's self, yes?

There is a thud behind John. His smile vanishes, and he turns slowly. The camera turns with him.

On the ground is the Judge, Lance Ito. A few of the other participants in the Monty Hall show are closer, and are already surrounding him.

Kelly Garrett:
He's... is he... oh my...

Clarence Odbody:
Someone call a doctor!

Glen Stewart Godwin:
Good riddance... er, I mean, does anyone know CPR?

Angel:
It's too late, guys.

The four, including John Locke who has now joined the others crouching next to the body, turn to regard this new stranger.

Kelly Garrett:
But how could you know that?

Angel:
He... smells dead.

DEATH:
IT'S TRUE. I WAS THERE.

John Locke:
Hello again, Death. Are you saying you killed the judge?

DEATH:
I AM DEATH. BUT NO, I WAS NOT RESPONSIBLE IN THE MANNER YOU MEAN. I AM THE INEVITABLE OUTCOME OF THINGS SET IN MOTION. I AM NOT THE CAUSE.

By now, there are nine gathered around the body. Death is joined by Huey Lewis and Count de Morcerf, while Angel is joined by another stranger, a teenager - apparently.

Tabris:
The loss of your friend is regrettable.

John Locke:
He... I suppose he was a friend, yes. Though we barely knew him.

Tabris:
There is a place... where we could take him.

Angel:
A church. I don't like churches. But... there is a meeting.

DEATH:
A MEETING AT A CHURCH? I, TOO, AM ON MY WAY TO A MEETING.

Kelly Garrett:
So am I!

Clarence Odbody:
And I as well... why didn't you say something, Kelly?

Kelly Garrett:
I didn't think it was worth mentioning.

Huey Lewis:
What sort of meeting are you all going to?

Count de Morcerf:
And where? I'm... not sure where my final destination is, yet. I am not opposed to coming along.

Angel:
Our meeting is at the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels. We all... have something in common. But you are all welcome to come and find a resting place for your friend.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:28 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Scene 3.3

An organist plays in the background of the Cathedral - Bach, perhaps. The camera view is down the center aisle, and John Locke, Huey Lewis, Count de Morcerf, and Glen Stewart Godwin are standing in the middle of it, each unsure of what to do.

The camera pans to the right, focusing on a closed door. Strange, angelic light shines from beneath the door. It fades. The door opens, and the other five - the Angels - enter.

John Locke:
Now what?

Glen Stewart Godwin:
Shh. Keep your voice down. It's... rude or something.

Huey Lewis:
You don't strike me as a religious man.

Glen Stewart Godwin:
Weird stuff keeps happening around me... it makes a man wonder...

The Angels rejoin the other four. Count de Morcerf's eyes dart around, curious and suspicious about the odd meeting that just took place behind closed doors, but unsure whether asking about it is wise. Before he can gather the courage to broach the subject, three women approach.

The first of the women is holding an infant, who, unlike Mr. Godwin, has no qualms about making noise. The second is younger, and seems untouched by the world - she is pure and blameless. The third is much older. She looks old enough to be the mother's great-grandmother. Yet she seems as vital as the other two, in her own way.

The symbolic nature of the three women is not lost on DEATH.

DEATH:
EUMENÃ
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:33 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

oh

my

god

I did not ask to be here.

and I am the advocate?

Locke laughs to himself.

good play, you have killed me.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:39 am

Post by VP Baltar »

rubs hands together

DON'T WORRY MY BALD-HEADED FRIEND, I'M NOT SUCH A BAD GUY!
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:44 am

Locke looks around to see who is here with him. He expected to see Glork, Ito, Mr Lewis, The Count, and/or Mr. Godwin in that order here, not himself. Looks like Ito and Glork are not here and appear to be dead. He is curious where those alignments were.

Hopefully our friends that are not here, when let us know where Ito and Glork stood.

But lets get to what you really want to know.

I need to consult Mr. Grey and find out exactly what I am allowed to say...needless to say, I dont know anything, but found a note in my pocket, though I dont know who put it there.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:03 am

Ugh, I can not quote the one line note exactly but I can paraphrase. The wording I think is very important.

We have to choose between the,

Crone
Maiden
Mother

The one we should not choose (ie bad) is the one that does not come instantly before the best choice in the alphabet.

Need to think about this for a minute…

also again, it should be noted, I dont know who gave me this note...
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:03 am

Post by VP Baltar »

HAVING COMMUNICATED WITH THE DEAD BEFORE COMING TO THIS STENCH FILLED LAND OF FLESHBAGS, I HAVE THE WISDOM TO KNOW THAT WE SHOULD WAIT AND SEE WHO ELSE HAS INFORMATION BEFORE ANYTHING IS REVEALED.

THEN....HOLD ON A SECOND....

Death pulls a Riccola lozenge from a hidden pocket within the billowing folds of his robe. He crunches it in his gaping jaw and tips his head back. The pieces clatter against Death's spinal cord.

That's better. Anyhow, then we have the more deceptive seeming of the two of you speak first.
YOUR AD HERE

elmosaurian
elmosaurian
Goon
elmosaurian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:05 am

Post by elmosaurian »

Do not despair yet, Mr. Locke. The enemy is wise and tricky, and they appear to have multiple tricks we were not expecting, and apparently the inclination to murder; however, good may yet prevail.

I was given some insight into our present situation. Would people prefer for me to share what I know first?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:07 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Well, so much for that idea.
YOUR AD HERE

ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:10 am

Post by ShadowLurker »

As an angel, I can always see the good in everyone's hearts. Glork and Lance Ito were nothing but two of the most charitable men I ever knew. I mourn their loss greatly. There is 0% chance that I could ever see them doing evil!

Kelly sniffles

But I must change topics now or I will burst out into hysterics. Talk no more of this please, take my word.

Hey Tabris! Didn't expect to find you here! Why didn't you tell me you were coming?

Also Mr. Locke, you found a note in your pocket but do not know anything? Could you elaborate?
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:12 am

Post by ShadowLurker »

Oops, I opened my mouth before I could process the conversation that occurred.

Mr. Locke, do you think two of them are liars? If so, how can there be a "the" bad choice?

Mr. Odbody, please reveal what you know. We need everything we can to make sure we are not deceived!
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:14 am

ummm, I just told you what the note said..

what I dont know is how it got there.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
StarKiss
StarKiss
Goon
StarKiss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:16 am

Post by StarKiss »

Sits patiently on the bench, waiting to hear from the three ladies.

{I hate you, dramo}
Starbuck + Kise = Pure Awesome
Don't forget Dram :(
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:16 am

trying to paraphrase....we have a good choice...we have a bad choice..and we have a neutral choice...

also, how many adovcates do we have for this choice (scene)...I thought there was just one.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:18 am

Post by ShadowLurker »

Mr. Odbody also seems like a wise man!
StarKiss
StarKiss
Goon
StarKiss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:18 am

Post by StarKiss »

If I remember correctly, there were 2 advocates & 3 choices. I understand what you mean by saying the bad choice is not alphabetically before the good choice, or whatever it was.

:D

Trust me, I understand!
Starbuck + Kise = Pure Awesome
Don't forget Dram :(
elmosaurian
elmosaurian
Goon
elmosaurian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:24 am

Post by elmosaurian »

Of the three choices, there is apparently one choice that is good, one choice that is bad, and one choice that is neither good nor bad; that choices is merely indifferent.

I can also tell all of you that I know that The Mother is not the bad choice.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:24 am

Post by ShadowLurker »

So if the LIAR is NOT right before the Truth Teller, then the Liar is after the Truth Teller. This implies that the Maiden is the Truth Teller, the Mother is the liar, and the Crone flip flops, correct?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”