Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2005 3:11 am

Post by Aelyn »

olio wrote:As it's been a while, when I read the book I have to ask from you with better grasp of the concept (Fuldu, mith):
Is there only one person in the list of characters that is good but gives bad vibes?

vote: Aelyn

Where's your interest for conversation in this fine morning?
Meh, I'm in the middle of my exams, so I can't put that much time into the game right now. Rest assured my content will pick up in the next few days - my last exam is tomorrow.

That said, I can think of a couple of characters who are essentially good but would give off bad vibes, and it's safe to say that Mith is not one of the three that immediately popped to my mind (to be fair, one of those three is dead right now). That's not to say that Mith isn't good, just that I'm gonna have to re-read the book.

Peachy: Can you see any reason why your character would give off scummy vibes?

Pooky: Do you ever get anything more specific than "bad vibes"? It's been three nights, so I'd imagine you got a third result of some nature. Don't say who you investigated unless you think it's a good idea, but if you always get "bad vibes", I have a pretty good idea who you might be... and if you are, don't trust your results.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2005 10:36 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

mith wrote:
Mr. Flay wrote:And your comment is "well, I'll find someone else to go after"? If you can't come up with a way to actually ascertain your worth to the town, we may have to lynch you on principle at this point. After all, there weren't any "extra" kills last night, so you could have been using a mafia/SK bluff.
I was refering to voting, not killing. You know, that thing we do during the day that usually decides whether the town wins or not? As for the rest, it seems based on ignorance rather than suspicion. Refer to "Read the book".
Ehhh. I have read the book, but the rain-of-fish thing didn't seem to be tied to any one particular character. However I reread it on the plane, and I think I can see who you are and why you've turned out the way you have.
UN-HOS: mith
...? Anyway...
PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:well Peachy gave me bad vibes too. I'm not quite sure how useful my ability is now :cry:
I'm in agreement about Pooky's abilities, and Peachy was already setting off my scumdar yesterDay with her lurking. Aelyn's sorta-kinda-not-really interrogation of her doesn't make me any more confident of his innocence, but in the meantime
Unvote: Aelyn, Vote: Peachy
Retired as of October 2014.
Peachy
Peachy
Townie
Peachy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2005 3:42 pm

Post by Peachy »

Aelyn wrote: Peachy: Can you see any reason why your character would give off scummy vibes?
Scummy vibes, no. But I would expect "misguided" vibes.

I would like to point out that rolandofthewhite's recent "defense" of himself consisted of the following
Um... What reasons would that be?
Weak.
Vote:roland of the white

Peachy
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2005 3:57 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

I don't think that was intended as a defense so much as a request for clarification of the attack, with an implied "I will defend myself after this is answered" message.

On Peachy: Saying that you would expect misguided but not blatantly scummy vibes, followed by a largely unreasoned attack on another player for what I would classify as a fairly innocent, if remarkably lazy, comment, seems to indicate that you're trying to give us a token answer and then distract us rather than deal with your own role. I don't like it, so
Vote: Peachy
To be Continued...
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2005 12:36 am

Post by Aelyn »

Mr. Flay wrote:I'm in agreement about Pooky's abilities, and Peachy was already setting off my scumdar yesterDay with her lurking. Aelyn's sorta-kinda-not-really interrogation of her doesn't make me any more confident of his innocence, but in the meantime
Unvote: Aelyn, Vote: Peachy
Frankly, my kinda-sorta-not-really interrogation was simply because I have an idea who Pooky might be... and Peachy's comments are fully in line with what I'd expect from Pooky's role.

However, they're also what I'd expect from scum looking for wriggle space. Frankly, I'm not surprised at Peachy's answer at all - it seems to me that either she's being completely honest, and Pooky is simply a rather paranoid form of cop, or that she's lying outright, is scum plain and simple, but thinks she has a chance of getting away with it because of the vagueness of Pooky's results. Truth be told, I feel the latter is more likely.

Quick analysis of Peachy’s posts:

In her first post, she attacks me with some partially valid points about my play early on. However, she also cut out some rather pertinent points of my post, accentuating the suspicious parts while ignoring the reasoning behind my actions. This was her only post day 1.

In her second, she leaps onto Mith, based on Pooky’s investigation. Perfectly valid.

In her third, she votes Doomcow because of his only six posts (!), which mainly consisted of votes or apologizing. The lurker vote seems slightly hypocritical, but only slightly – after all, her first post was hardly bereft of content.

Her fourth consisted of unvoting Doomcow, due to his posting.

And her fifth consisted of her defence and attack on Roland.

Peachy, care to explain why you’ve contributed so little? Your large day one post is admittedly significant, but you can’t cruise on the back of one big post, you know.

I see why Pooky investigated you.

Vote: Peachy
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2005 2:12 am

Post by Fuldu »

Aelyn wrote:Pooky: Do you ever get anything more specific than "bad vibes"? It's been three nights, so I'd imagine you got a third result of some nature. Don't say who you investigated unless you think it's a good idea, but if you always get "bad vibes", I have a pretty good idea who you might be... and if you are, don't trust your results.
Pooky should feel free to clarify, but I believe he's said that he got a non-bad vibes result on a dead innocent as his third result back when he was railing against mith.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2005 5:23 am

Post by Locus Cosecant »

Deny everything and make counter-allegations always raises my hackles as a defensive strategy in mafia.
vote: Peachy
Show
[size=75]Stats:
Pro-Town: 14 of 17 games
Doctor: 3 of 17 games
Cop: 2 of 17 games
Wins: 12 of 17 games
Lynched Scum: 16 of 27 lynches
Vig-killed Scum: 1 of 1 vig-kills
Survived/NightKilled/Lynched: 5/11/1 games
[/size]
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2005 5:07 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Vote Count

6 Peachy (Aelyn, DarkLight140, Mr. Flay, Fuldu, Locus Cosecant, mith)
2 Aelyn (Korais, Olio)
1 RolandoftheWhite (Peachy)

12 to lynch.

-DS
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2005 11:47 pm

Post by mith »

Bah, where'd my wireless connection go? :(

I'll be back to normal posting tomorrow (bank holiday today). Not much to say at this point anyway, until Pooky or Peachy says something more.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2005 1:08 am

Post by Thoth »

I would like to point out that Peachy's recent "reason" to vote consisted of the following:
Peachy wrote: I would like to point out that rolandofthewhite's recent "defense" of himself consisted of the following
Um... What reasons would that be?
Weak.
Vote:roland of the white

Peachy
Weak

vote:Peachy
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2005 3:53 pm

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Lemming replaces Korais.
Mneme replaces Seol (who replaced Nanook).

Thanks to all replacements.
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2005 4:51 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Back in town. Happy with my vote on Peachy still, but I'd like to see more from our investigative roles.
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2005 5:40 pm

Post by mneme »

Um. Hi there. I've read page 1 and page 28, and will try to catch up tomorrow.
Did I say too much?
olio
olio
Mafia Scum
olio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2005 6:01 pm

Post by olio »

I agree with Locus and Thoth.
unvote: Aelyn
[size=75]Music makes the world go 'round,
there's no life without a sound.[/size]
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2005 9:28 pm

Post by mith »

Lemming replaces Korais.
~confused~ Didn't korais post a page or two ago saying he was back? And, in fact, vote?
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2005 10:52 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Yes, I had been taking care of replacement preparations before I saw that, and when I tallied a quick count his name didn't pop out at me. Therefore I continued with the replacement procedure and accidently replaced him (I had been told by various people that he had to be replaced). Since he's back I'll allow him to stay and work something out with Lemming.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2005 10:53 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Korais is unreplaced.
(Sorry for that bit of confusion).
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2005 3:47 pm

Post by mneme »

Not really 100 caught up (I've read the last three pages and the first 8), but I know enough of what's going on to
Did I say too much?
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:47 am

Post by mith »

That's 9, I believe. If you have anything more substantial to say, Peachy, you'd better say it.
Peachy
Peachy
Townie
Peachy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:35 pm

Post by Peachy »

Sigh. I am a townie with no special abilities. I've backed myself into a corner with my own laziness about posting. These 30+ people games require more stamina than I expected!

I removed my vote from DoomCow yesterday as a sign of good faith. I wanted to make sure that the town had the chance at a lynch of Gaspode at the deadline. I wasn't sure enough of his guilt to add my vote to the tally, but a lynch was better for the town than no lynch at all.

After re-reading the last few pages, I see that I misinterpreted roland's post. Sorry!
Unvote: rolandofthewhite

I implore you not to kill me.. at least not yet. I'll admit, as a townie, I am probably one of the least painful to lose, since I cannot contribute as much as say a Doc or a Cop. But we should try at the very least to get more information during the day if you feel you must lynch me today.

Also, I'll be out of the country for ten days starting on Friday morning. I'm not sure about internet access on holiday. So, if I don't post for a while, that's why.

Peachy
rolandofthewhite
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:23 pm

Post by rolandofthewhite »

♥ Peachy!

Vote: Mr. Flay
Quiero hacer contigo lo que la primavera hace con los cerezos.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:58 am

Post by mith »

roland, I am becoming very tempted to Vig kill you. My attention has shifted to Peachy because of Pooky's result, but that doesn't mean my last post about you has vanished. Once again, rather than making any attempt at posting actual reasoning, you ignore the ongoing Peachy discussion and vote for someone completely out of nowhere. You have forgotten the face of your father.

I see no reason to change my vote. I am not convinced by Peachy's "claim". Unless Pooky believes we shouldn't, I say we go ahead and lynch her. But I would like to hear something out of Pooky first, if only to make sure he's paying attention and is going to get a choice in tonight.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:04 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

mith wrote:You have forgotten the face of your father.
:mrgreen:

In other news, what the hell?
OMGUS FOS
: rolandoftheslightlygray - but I believe he usually plays better than this, so I won't switch votes. I'm not convinced this was a slipup, but it's damned bizarre.

Still content with my vote on Peachy. Sorry if you've backed yourself into a corner and all of that, but you still read as scum to me. If you're a townie... well, it's ineffable.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:39 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

I have been paying attention,

I think Peachy's definitely being a little non forthcoming with her information,(or lack thereof)

I think some people are starting to tune out of this game =/,

vote Peachy
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
rolandofthewhite
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:10 pm

Post by rolandofthewhite »

:lol: @ mith

Anyways, I do agree that I'm not playing my best. I'm not able to follow this game very well, namely because I haven't read the books and I have no idea what's going on. For some reason I usually am more into a game when people are claiming, which isn't really an option here. :?

Anyways, my vote for Mr. Flay was mostly to provoke some discussion. I enjoyed the responses immensely. :)

Cheer,
Rolando F. The White
Quiero hacer contigo lo que la primavera hace con los cerezos.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”