Mini 855: Colorless Rainbow Town (Halted for list mod error)

Manzcar
Manzcar
Goon
Manzcar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:45 am

Post by Manzcar »

thus why it felt like rolefishing.

There were no set rules stating what roles townies or scum have. So in my mind rolefishing is rolefishing. It's just a small step from fishing roles on townies or scum.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:46 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Manzcar wrote:thus why it felt like rolefishing.

There were no set rules stating what roles townies or scum have. So in my mind rolefishing is rolefishing. It's just a small step from fishing roles on townies or scum.
That's where my opinion differs from your opinion. There is a BIG difference. Knowing scum roles helps town. Knowing town roles helps scum.
Manzcar
Manzcar
Goon
Manzcar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:50 am

Post by Manzcar »

No i agree knowing scum roles helps town knowing town roles helps scum. Fishing for roles could actually bring out town roles you didn't mean to bring out so therefor fishing for roles is anti town.

We differ in that I feel fishing for roles is bad for town.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:52 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Manzcar wrote:No i agree knowing scum roles helps town knowing town roles helps scum. Fishing for roles could actually bring out town roles you didn't mean to bring out so therefor fishing for roles is anti town.

We differ in that I feel fishing for roles is bad for town.
I think you're trying to disguise your scummy concern for the town knowing mafia roles. It's easy to discern town rolefishing and scum rolefishing.
Manzcar
Manzcar
Goon
Manzcar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:57 am

Post by Manzcar »

And I think you are hiding your town scummy rolefishing by acting like you are concerned with what roles the scum have in hopes that a power role will drop some sort of breadcrumb.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:58 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Manzcar wrote:And I think you are hiding your town scummy rolefishing by acting like you are concerned with what roles the scum have in hopes that a power role will drop some sort of breadcrumb.
That's ridiculous. I'm not takling about town roles at all. Talk about misrepresenting my intentions.
Manzcar
Manzcar
Goon
Manzcar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:00 am

Post by Manzcar »

I believe I said I think which means it is my theory meaning that I am not saying that is what you are doing but what I feel about it. It is not misreping you by stating what I feel or believe or think.

So what did you intend?
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:02 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Manzcar wrote:I believe I said I think which means it is my theory meaning that I am not saying that is what you are doing but what I feel about it. It is not misreping you by stating what I feel or believe or think.

So what did you intend?
My intentions were to find out if scum are indeed all goons. If they are, that would be a huge town advantage, and we could use it against scum for sure.
Manzcar
Manzcar
Goon
Manzcar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:03 am

Post by Manzcar »

So who was going to tell you this information?
Dizzle
Dizzle
Goon
Dizzle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:03 am

Post by Dizzle »

If scum were all goons, why would Mod list mafia roles in the list of possible roles?
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:08 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Manczar wrote: So who was going to tell you this information?
Probably not the mod, but I felt it was at least worthy of bringing up, and it ended up giving us some interesting info about your possible motives as well. So it was certainly productive to me.

Dizzle wrote:If scum were all goons, why would Mod list mafia roles in the list of possible roles?
Well, like I said, what threw me off was that the goon role pm rule sounded definitive, wheras the other possible roles rule did not sound definitive. I may be off track(about the rule, I'm fairly confident about Mancar), but it's just something about the wording that I noted as odd.
Manzcar
Manzcar
Goon
Manzcar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:09 am

Post by Manzcar »

So what is your evidence against me. ohhh yeah I questioned your motives for rolefishing. Okay its OMGUS.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:11 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Manzcar wrote:So what is your evidence against me. ohhh yeah I questioned your motives for rolefishing. Okay its OMGUS.
No, raising a valid point is not OMGUS. OMGUS is a retaliation vote without valid reasoning.
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:11 am

Post by Scien »

I'm going to butt in here and ask a few questions at Monkey. I don't fully understand his claims at the moment, and would like to get a better feel for him.
Manzcar wrote:Why does it matter Monkey what roles are out there?
This was the question that sparked you two off each other. Right off the bat he generalized what you are calling 'scum rolefishing' and turned it into rolefishing in general. What do you feel about this generalization?

If he is townie, do you think he would be likely to generalize like that? Or do you think its more of a scum trait?

I think you said that townies should be concerned with general rolefishing, and that your rolefishing was different because it was localized on the scum. You really can't see a townie getting concerned when they see any sort of rolefishing going on? You think that your question didn't deserve any kind of attention?
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:13 am

Post by Scien »

^^ those questions are directed to MonkeyMan.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:15 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Scien wrote:I'm going to butt in here and ask a few questions at Monkey. I don't fully understand his claims at the moment, and would like to get a better feel for him.
This was the question that sparked you two off each other. Right off the bat he generalized what you are calling 'scum rolefishing' and turned it into rolefishing in general. What do you feel about this generalization?

If he is townie, do you think he would be likely to generalize like that? Or do you think its more of a scum trait?

I think you said that townies should be concerned with general rolefishing, and that your rolefishing was different because it was localized on the scum. You really can't see a townie getting concerned when they see any sort of rolefishing going on? You think that your question didn't deserve any kind of attention?
I think it was fairly obvious that my rolefishing was directed at scum. I can percieve where a townie would be concerned with rolefishing in general, but to me it is more likely that he is scum worried about the town knowing their role makeup. Being concerned about scum rolefishing is scummy, being concerned about rolefishing in general without noting the difference between looking for scum info and looking for town info is suspicious at least. He continues to defend his position without recognizing my point.
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:16 am

Post by Scien »

@Manz

What are your current thoughts about Monkey's concerns? Do you think his swift attack/defense means something to you?
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:20 am

Post by Scien »

@Monkey
Ok, that's fair, and I kind of see where you are coming from. However, right from the get go, he threw your rolefishing in the box with general rolefishing. You can tell by the way he worded his first question to you.

I could see a cautious townie generalizing to be safe. I could also see a scum doing what you are suggesting, by deliberately generalizing your actions in order to base an attack off of. Could you tell me what makes you think the scum condition is more likely? Do you believe that the townie condition is not possible?
Dizzle
Dizzle
Goon
Dizzle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:21 am

Post by Dizzle »

MonkeyMan576 wrote: I can percieve where a townie would be concerned with rolefishing in general
MonkeyMan576 wrote:being concerned about rolefishing in general without noting the difference between looking for scum info and looking for town info is suspicious at least
I understand that you made a distinction about looking for scum/town info, but it seems like you offer up two different stances on general rolefishing within two sentences.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:25 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Scien wrote:@Monkey
Ok, that's fair, and I kind of see where you are coming from. However, right from the get go, he threw your rolefishing in the box with general rolefishing. You can tell by the way he worded his first question to you.

I could see a cautious townie generalizing to be safe. I could also see a scum doing what you are suggesting, by deliberately generalizing your actions in order to base an attack off of. Could you tell me what makes you think the scum condition is more likely? Do you believe that the townie condition is not possible?
Sure, it's possible he's town. I just think it's more likely he's scum, because of the way he immediately attacked me, rather than try to understand my reasoning. It's the kind of antagonistic mindset that scum would be likely to have.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:27 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Dizzle wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote: I can percieve where a townie would be concerned with rolefishing in general
MonkeyMan576 wrote:being concerned about rolefishing in general without noting the difference between looking for scum info and looking for town info is suspicious at least
I understand that you made a distinction about looking for scum/town info, but it seems like you offer up two different stances on general rolefishing within two sentences.
One can be suspicious without being true scum. His actions at least cause concern, and there could be possible scum motive.
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:29 am

Post by Scien »

Attacked? Do you think that the single question he asked you before you voted him counts as an attack?

Do the questions I am asking you now count as an attack?
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:31 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Scien wrote:Attacked? Do you think that the single question he asked you before you voted him counts as an attack?

Do the questions I am asking you now count as an attack?
I think his intentions were clearly to incriminate me. I don't think you're attacking, because you're merely trying to gain information. The difference is, his actions are suspicious, if not incriminating, my actions and you're actions aren't.
Dizzle
Dizzle
Goon
Dizzle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:38 am

Post by Dizzle »

That's an attack or an attempt to incriminate you? From my perspective, he only brought up the possibility of rolefishing once you voted for him.
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:40 am

Post by Scien »

I don't think I agree that his intentions were to incriminate you. But then again, sometimes I am too optimistic for my own good.

I think I am done with questions for you for the moment, thanks for your input.

I have questions out to Manz, and I would like to hear his take on things as well to get a feel of him next.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”