Newbie 817 (Game over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:50 pm

Post by crazypianist1116 »

Bouched's case against hiphop on Day 1 really stood out to me. It seemed as if he was really reactive to hiphop attacking him. Additionally, bouched criticized hiphop for unvoting Maemuki for no reason (this was before the lynch), but hiphop had obviously changed his vote to iamausername. Additionally on Day 2, bouched starts the day with a suspicion on hiphop. His vote towards the end of day 2 on hiphop seems really, Really weird:
bouchedufou wrote:@hiphop, I'm really sorry. Now, you're going to feel like I'm picking on you, and I probably am. However, your play style really makes me uncomfortable and make me think you're mafia, perhaps you should consider changing it? Or maybe I should get less sensitive, lol. It's just the way you're jumping around makes me feel very uncomfortable. At this point, I almost feel you might be town. And your argument against PS is very compelling. But unless someone else like VRK or Starbuck backs your suspicions against PS, I'm going to vote: hiphop.
It just doesn't have any substance.

I'll respond more over the weekend when I can read all of day 2 not just bouched's iso.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:52 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Sorry guys, but I've requested a replacement.

I am trying to tie up all the loose ends at work and I am packing at nights. I just don't have time to devote to the game.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
bouchedufou
bouchedufou
Townie
bouchedufou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:34 pm

Post by bouchedufou »

@Start: Yeah, I think I've sort of given up. Not having a cop really sucks, and I just can't read whether people are scum or not just by their posts. Plus people are dropping out or unavailable, left right and center. I mean, this game has been really helpful in terms of understanding the basics, and I'm quite getting into a themed game right now, but the lack of investigative roles here is too crazy to analyse.

@crazy: Yeah, I probably over reacted a bit to hiphop. However, I never criticized hiphop about unvoting or voting Maemuki. I just really disliked his jumping around with his votes, which was also the reason why I voted for hiphop. I mean, that's pretty much why everyone voted for hiphop- because his actions seemed scummy at the time. I was still suspicious of hiphop from day 1, and he kept feeling scummy. Now we can say that's just how he plays, but it felt odd. Also, yesterday, I felt Starbuck was town. The stuff against her was pretty much the timing of her vote against Maemuki or switching from hiphop. And now I don't know what to think since no-one really seems scummy, and no-one I really feel is town.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:35 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Bouched, it seems to me like you are just sitting back trying to let everyone else do the dirty work for you.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:34 am

Post by Elmo »

Day 3, Vote Count #2

Starbuck <- startransmission

Not voting: crazypianist1116, bouchedufou, Starbuck, Vel-Rahn Koon.

I'm
extending the deadline
to Thursday 8th October, 22:00 UTC, which is 14 days, 5 hours and 27 minutes from this post. If deadline hits, there will be No Lynch. With 5 alive, it's 3 to lynch. Looking for a Vel-Rahn Koon replacement. startransmission has been prodded.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:40 pm

Post by startransmission »

Ok, responding to prod. I see nothing has happened since my last post.

I will say that I'm interested in peoples cases against each other, as precious little those have been. But barring some unforseen revelation, I won't be moving my vote. My mind is made up, we can discuss who Starbucks partner is tomorrow. Having one less townie as a suspect will make that easier tomorrow.

And I happen to agree with Starbuck regarding Bouched. I'm sorry there's no cop, but you're gonna have to man up and make a decision. Read, think, and take a position one way or another. We need everyone playing.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:54 pm

Weekend is here. I'm reading.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:38 am

Post by Elmo »

bouchedufou has been prodded.
Zorblag replaces Vel Rahn-Koon. Thanks!
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:24 am

Post by Zorblag »

Good day everyone.

Unvote
if Vel-Rahn Koon had a vote so that I can read the thread and figure out what's going on. I see by those that have died on the first page that we must be in LyLo so I assume that there's been a mass claim for me to evaluate but I'll get to that when I do. I don't think that I've played in games with anyone but startransmission here so it's good to meet the rest of you. If you've got any questions about my play many of them can be answered by taking a look at my wiki (the link can be found at the bottom of this post) which has a record of all the games I've played in at this site.

I'll have some thoughts in a couple hours after I've read and at least partially digested the thread but if there are any particular questions anyone would like to ask I'm happy to answer them. Keep in mind that I won't know the reasons that Vel-Rahn Koon did what he did so asking for that won't yield results. If you'd like my take on something in particular that's happened I'm happy to give it though.

You're welcome to call me Zorblag, Zorb, Z or Troll, whichever strikes your fancy. My preference is Troll but none offend me in the least.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:28 am

Post by Starbuck »

Welcome Zorblag!
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:32 am

I'm going to go ahead and say that I think bouched and Start are the scumpair.

Bouched I've talked about earlier. Start just rubs me the wrong way. Day 2 it seemed like he was almost overreacting to hiphop accusing him because of start's vote on Mae. Additionally, it seems as if his only solid evidence on starbuck is starbuck's day 1 maemuki vote. If I had to lynch either, it would be bouched. I'll post more later.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:07 am

Post by Zorblag »

And it seems that I was wrong in my assumption that there had been a mass claim. I'm going to say that we should do that now. We need to lynch scum today or we lose so anything we can do to make sure that happens is good.

Attempting to get scum to claim first is useful for a mass claim for reasons that I'd rather not go into until after the claim is done. At this point I'm going to propose a popcorn claim; everyone will vote on the most likely to be scum and whoever gets the most votes will claim first. That person willl claim and choose the person who will claim next. If the claimant claims a power role everyone who hasn't claimed yet will either confirm that they do not have that role or contest the claim. If the claim is contested (two are claiming the same power role) then we stop the process and vote for one of the two as we know that one of them must be lying. If no one contests the claim or if the claim is vanilla then one the claimant chose to be next will claim and we repeat the process until all have claimed.

If there are objections to this system I'm happy to hear them but I'm calling for it based on previous experience with the game and would prefer not to give any more details away so that the scum have less chance to react in unpredictable ways.

My vote is for startransmission to claim first.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:13 am

Hey, welcome Zorblag, pleasure to be in a game with you again.

Well I claim Vanilla Townie. I think that it's pretty unlikely at this point that we have a cop or doctor. If we did the game would essentially be over. The only scenario I can imagine is if the cop investigated only the people that were NKed, and the doctor would have to have equally rotten luck.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:34 am

Post by Zorblag »

Thanks for the welcome startransmission. It looks like you've definitely gained some layers of subtlety and understanding of the game since I played with you last. I'm going to hold off on giving my opinion on whether or not there are likely to be a cop or doctor in this game. It seems that you've volunteered to go first on the claim which I'm fine with. Who would you like to claim next?

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:27 am

Zorblag wrote:Who would you like to claim next?
Well, as Starbuck has already claimed vanilla I suppose either you or crazy would be my top pick for a claim.

Let's go with you.

Also, since getting responses from people is like pulling teeth lately would you mind posting what you think of the game so far? What do you make of my case against Starbuck? What do you think of Crazy's assertion that bouche and I are scum? Just something to talk about while we wait for people to claim.
Starbuck wrote:Welcome Zorblag!
Hey Starbuck! If you have time could you post something that's more than one sentence? How about a LoS, or even just who your main two suspects are and why?

@Mod- can we get a prod on Bouchedufou please?
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:35 am

Post by Zorblag »

I am a vanilla townie. I'd like bouchedufou to claim next.

I do have some thoughts on the game and I fully plan to share them but I'd really rather we finish up the claims first as it's best to have as little extra information circulating during a mass claim as possible. The more we talk the more scum have to decide on whether it's worth making fake claims and which fake claims they might want to make.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:55 pm

Troll, I got 10 bucks that says we wait a full week before everyone gets around to claiming. And when they do I don't think we'll see anything other than "vanilla". Analysis of players and their posts is all we have... waiting for this claim is a waste of time- with all due respect.

I don't mean to seem rude, but I've been in this particular game for a couple of months, and I want to win this one. This one means more to me than most other games, and I hate to watch time slip while we wait for people to claim. And my strong feeling is there are no special town roles, and that mafia won't stick their necks out to pretend otherwise. It's lylo, so let's all talk.

Anyone consider that the reason that some people have gotten so quiet is that a no lynch means town loses? If we lose let's make it because a wrong choice was made, not because no choice was made.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:07 am

Post by Starbuck »

I'm rather concerned about Bouched because he seems to have been riding the coattails of everyone and really not making his own cases.

I'm also concerned about Start because it seems like, particularly after post 416, that you are invested in this game to win because you are on the scum team.

How many claims do we have left? Just Crazy and Bouched right?
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:50 am

Starbuck wrote:I'm also concerned about Start because it seems like, particularly after post 416, that you are invested in this game to win because you are on the scum team.

What about that post indicates that I'm on the scum team? Having a vested interest in the game and wanting to promote posting and discussion is a scumtell?
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:53 am

Post by Starbuck »

startransmission wrote:I want to win this one.
startransmission wrote:This one means more to me than most other games
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:54 am

Post by Starbuck »

I was leaning townie for you, but that seems like a very serious scumslip.

Vote: Startransmission
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:37 pm

Post by Zorblag »

@startransmission, a full week would be pretty surprising as, like Starbuck says, there are only two left to claim. If you'd like to win this game then I'd recommend applying just a bit more patience for now. Given your views I can see how you don't think this is useful but a mass claim, if done right, should help the town if only to be sure about the situation that they're in. I'm less convinced than you are that there will be no power role claims but even if that turns out to be true we'll be helped down the road by committing scum to a particular position.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:16 pm

I claim vanilla. I'm leaning towards Starbuck being scum now because of the weak vote. It seems like she is trying to get one of the remaining two townies to vote for start (this is, assuming start is town). Zorblag, why are you less convinced that there would be power roles?
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:23 pm

Post by Zorblag »

I'll talk about why I think that after bouchedufou claims. I know that it looks like I'm obstructing things unnecessarily but I really do have a reason for this and it shouldn't take much longer to finish the mass claim at all with only one left to go.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:28 pm

Ok I'll trust you.

Mod: What's the status of the prod?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”