SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:23 am

Post by SpyreX »

I can dig. Even if after both the lurkers flipped town which drives me nuts.

I'm really thinking one of LG/LF is scum. Doubting both - seems really odd for a bus but. If I had to put a vote down RIGHT NOW it'd be LF between them.

TDC has got my hackles all up. I'm planning to do some real ISO and look, but that is probably where its going barring madness.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:07 am

Post by TDC »

SpyreX wrote:And the fact that if FL hadn't moved me we'd know more about the setup?
That's an argument that you could also use for mass claim Day 1.
What would we know and why would knowing it outweigh the obvious drawbacks?
Its not like I was a high-profile NK target that now, alas, is going to change the game mechanics - I'd put dollars to donuts the NK attempt was Goat last night by that's just my theory based on Goat / FL being town.
Why do you think that fl chose to move you, but scum would not consider killing you?
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:09 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

What the heck are hackles?
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:18 am

Post by SpyreX »

Yes, because my confirming what FL did = massclaim day 1. Touche'.

Well, we know that:

a.) FL is a bellhop (or ballsy as all getout).
b.) It wasn't done by ANOTHER town party who would have jumped all over said claim by FL it it wasn't true.
unfortunately c.) my being the not killer tonight isn't true.
but we do know that d.) If I was scum I would not be performing the kill tonight - which means if we have investigative roles other than cop in this voodoo setup then watching / tracking me is a waste of time.
Why do you think that fl chose to move you, but scum would not consider killing you?
I'm not FL so trying to delve into the psyche will be not the greatest but if I were to garner WHY:

FL has been fairly clear about thinking Goat and I were town. So, moving said town roles (esp Goat) to green helps protect them - especially after not getting moved AWAY herself.

However, what does that have to do with the other?

I've been vocal on pushing through not one but two lurker-lynches that have been town.

I've argued FOR getting a full wagon versus the plurality which failed yesterday with another mislynch.

So, if we're wrong today and fast approaching lylo.. you think I'm gonna be a nice game ending lynch target? Hells yes.

However, all that said:

Unvote, Vote: TDC

That was a lot of words that weren't "this is who I think is scum and why".
Show

Proud member of BaM
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:19 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Official Day Three Vote Count #2

1 – Lord Gurgi (Elmo)
1 – SpyreX (Debonair Danny DiPietro)
1 – TDC (SpyreX)

With
alive, it takes
to lynch and
to lynch at deadline. Deadline is October 10, 9:59 pm CDT.

Not Voting – 6 – Battousai, forbiddanlight, Goatrevolt, LlamaFluff, Lord Gurgi, TDC

LOCK COUNT4 – Green (Goatrevolt, Lord Gurgi, forbiddanlight, SpyreX)
0 – Blue
0 – Red
0 – Yellow

Not Locking – 5 – Battousai, Debonair Danny DiPietro, Elmo, LlamaFluff, TDC

With
alive, it takes
to lock a floor.

Back-Up Floor
: Blue.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:24 am

Post by TDC »

SpyreX wrote:
Yes, because my confirming what FL did = massclaim day 1. Touche'.

Well, we know that:

a.) FL is a bellhop (or ballsy as all getout).
b.) It wasn't done by ANOTHER town party who would have jumped all over said claim by FL it it wasn't true.
I distinctly remember us saying that any other town bellhops should just protect her by moving her to the floor she already is on.
but we do know that d.) If I was scum I would not be performing the kill tonight - which means if we have investigative roles other than cop in this voodoo setup then watching / tracking me is a waste of time.
That goes for everyone on green. Especially whomever she moved N1 (if anyone). Where's you advocating for that claim?
FL has been fairly clear about thinking Goat and I were town. So, moving said town roles (esp Goat) to green helps protect them - especially after not getting moved AWAY herself.

However, what does that have to do with the other?
I'm asking because her objective is moving pro-town people into her floor to protect them from being night-killed.
If you're not going to be night-killed moving you to the safe floor is suboptimal. Yet you take that as confirmation of her being town. (What do you expect her to do as scum? Move her buddies into her floor so they can't kill anymore?)

I'm sure your two other suspects will join you shortly.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:36 am

Post by Elmo »

Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:40 am

Post by TDC »

Thanks for pointing out you're even less helping than I am, alas I doubt it's going to change anyone's mind.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:55 am

Post by TDC »

btw, SpyreX, where did you get the idea that fl thinks you're town (other than her moving you, duh)? I can't find anything.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:45 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

SpyreX wrote:I don't feel bad at all, at ALL, for either the Zaz or Nu lynches.

I'm not going to apologize for them.
See, I couldn't say anything before but we Apennine Mafia finally finished and your play just seems to have the exact same issues. I remember both us of us as scum basically making that exact same statement in that game after the first two lurker lynches and them flipping town. You should feel bad about the mislynches, you should feel pissed off, annoyed, and frustrated. The fact that you don't feel bad at all means you don't have a stake in the success of the town which means you need to be lynched. Furthermore, in that game both of us were on the first two mislynches and the town's unwillingness to hold our feet to the fire for that fact was one of their biggest mistakes. And I am not going to duplicate those mistakes.

On another note it was just pathetic that both Elmo and TDC weren't voting at the end of the day.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:56 am

Post by Elmo »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:On another note it was just pathetic that both Elmo and TDC weren't voting at the end of the day.
Why?
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:57 am

Post by SpyreX »

TDC wrote:btw, SpyreX, where did you get the idea that fl thinks you're town (other than her moving you, duh)? I can't find anything.
All of our interactions? The fact I got moved?

Raw, sweet delicious gut. FL can come in and say one way or another but.
DDD wrote: See, I couldn't say anything before but we Apennine Mafia finally finished and your play just seems to have the exact same issues. I remember both us of us as scum basically making that exact same statement in that game after the first two lurker lynches and them flipping town. You should feel bad about the mislynches, you should feel pissed off, annoyed, and frustrated. The fact that you don't feel bad at all means you don't have a stake in the success of the town which means you need to be lynched. Furthermore, in that game both of us were on the first two mislynches and the town's unwillingness to hold our feet to the fire for that fact was one of their biggest mistakes. And I am not going to duplicate those mistakes.
Now, see, this is actually what I was expecting and didn't want to pre-empt it by calling out a meta.

Meta is way overused, and although this isn't a shield (which makes me itch) its still not useful.

Do I feel bad about these lynches? Nope. Both Zaz and Nu's lurking compounded the issues with their play. They both chose to be active and avoid this game.

Nor do I ever, ever feel bad about lynching lurkers. Especially early game before they crush the end game under a wall of unreadable apathy.

Which raises another key point: if your case on me is built on meta between these games, what does that say about yours?

In fact, despite how silly it is I
have
to believe this is genuine because of the simple fact of how quickly it would turn if you were scum.
DDD wrote: On another note it was just pathetic that both Elmo and TDC weren't voting at the end of the day.
This I agree with 100%.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:03 pm

Post by Battousai »

Elmo wrote:Llama is staying, right? Coolies. I want to know where Gurgi and Battousai stand on, like, everyone.
Right now, I would have to say my top 2 suspects would be you and TDC.

Elmo: For not voting at the end of the day and for the convo you had with Goat. In my opinion, when a townie is said to have town actions, they usually go along with it (unless the person calling them for acting townie just totally flipped on a past opinion). Scum would try to argue it just to appear to be acting against scum goals.

TDC: Not voting on consecutive nights.

When you do not have a vote up at the end of the day, you have the ability to shake off all blame for the lynch. Even if you said that you think the lynched player is scummy and should be lynched, it is still scummy. Not everyone here has perfect memory, and as this game gets longer, the less people would want to reread. So, a vote count is easy to find and would be the place to make your suspicions and opinions noted.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:23 pm

SpyreX wrote:Do I feel bad about these lynches? Nope. Both Zaz and Nu's lurking compounded the issues with their play. They both chose to be active and avoid this game.

Nor do I ever, ever feel bad about lynching lurkers. Especially early game before they crush the end game under a wall of unreadable apathy.
You're completely missing the point. We didn't lynch lurkers, lurkers aren't a role in the game; we lynched townies. And it's the fact that you were (unprompted) trying to redefine your behavior and that of several other players of that from being on a bad lynch of townies to on a good lynch of lurkers is damning.
Which raises another key point: if your case on me is built on meta between these games, what does that say about yours?
Everything I write seems like self-meta which is generally frowned upon, but you did basically ask me to. The difference between games should have been clear on day two, particularly when I moved my vote from Batt to LG to try and get something going besides the inevitable Nuwen lynch. In M98 as scum that's exactly where we would've either been on the mislynch or would've sat on the sidelines waiting for the town to hang itself; big difference.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:24 pm

Oh and if I didn't do it already
Lock: Green
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:30 pm

Post by SpyreX »

You're completely missing the point. We didn't lynch lurkers, lurkers aren't a role in the game; we lynched townies. And it's the fact that you were (unprompted) trying to redefine your behavior and that of several other players of that from being on a bad lynch of townies to on a good lynch of lurkers is damning.
No, I'm saying that lynching bad townies isn't something I'm going to weep about. They were scummy. They were lurking. They vanished as pressured came.

They just happened to be town, which sucks.
Everything I write seems like self-meta which is generally frowned upon, but you did basically ask me to. The difference between games should have been clear on day two, particularly when I moved my vote from Batt to LG to try and get something going besides the inevitable Nuwen lynch. In M98 as scum that's exactly where we would've either been on the mislynch or would've sat on the sidelines waiting for the town to hang itself; big difference.
These two posts?
Unvote; Vote: Lord Gurgi

For completely failing to convince me at all that Llama is scum.
That's all well and good in theory, but if someone is running an ineffective case on me that doesn't appear to be convincing anyone then personally I'd just ignore it as well. Addressing it gives it some credence, ignoring it makes the person look like a lone voice braying at nothing.
All I know is you've been pounding away at "he's not addressing my arguments" which doesn't tug at my heartstrings at all. I'll make the assumption that you're a competent player which makes me question your motives when you keep pushing an argument that doesn't resonate at all with me.

Plus we have two days till deadline and no one seemed much interested in a Batt lynch so I figured I'd see if I could get traction in another direction before we succumb to the inevitable and uninformative Nuwen lynch.
That's not convincing me of a large difference. However, like I said I can't see pushing this way as scum because its too transparent.

However, if LF ends up the lynch (which would be before LG as it sits in my brain) and is scum, well there might be a readjustment.
Show

Proud member of BaM
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:48 pm

Post by TDC »

SpyreX wrote:
TDC wrote:btw, SpyreX, where did you get the idea that fl thinks you're town (other than her moving you, duh)? I can't find anything.
All of our interactions? The fact I got moved?

Raw, sweet delicious gut. FL can come in and say one way or another but.
So you can't point to anything specific.
I'm trying to understand why you are not questioning a move that you yourself must think is less than optimal, considering you have concluded you are far more likely to be lynched than nightkilled.
I wrote:
That goes for everyone on green. Especially whomever she moved N1 (if anyone). Where's you advocating for that claim?
Mind replying?
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:14 am

Post by Battousai »

Oops, forgot to include my vote in my last post.

Vote: Elmo
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:25 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I will not state what I think of Spy's alignment.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:03 am

Post by SpyreX »

Mind replying?
N1 where she implied there might be a snafu with what happened?

Not that that is paramount, because whomever it was isn't me and thus if they want to play it out different more power to them.

My question is at this point: what are you aiming for with this?

Am I scum? Is this a scum move? Why?

Or still, if you will, who is scum?

Et, tu, FL?
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:05 am

Post by SpyreX »

And the crickets go chirp chirp
Show

Proud member of BaM
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:30 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Chirp chirp.

...Moo?
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:33 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

Im going to try and get all caught up with game tonight. When I had the replace request in I lost most of the interest I had in the game, so hopefully this can get it back.

lock green

in the meantime
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:36 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

Baaaaaaaaaaahhhhh.

Hoping to get a start on that read tonight. Going to be gone for a while though, so no guarantees.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:44 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

A partial reread really didnt help too much. GR moved up my scum list for reasons I need to go look at closer over the next few days, and I am still thinking LG-TDC is a town-scum but am not sure which all that much. Im almost to the point where I think its one of GR-spy, one of TCD-LG, and one that im missing.

Im still just a little lost
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”