California Trilogy: City of Angels - On Camera (Game Over)

elmosaurian
elmosaurian
Goon
elmosaurian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:33 pm

Post by elmosaurian »

Even after day 4, Locke will still be able to appoint people to other important positions, can he not? I am not certain how that works, and I can not find the detailed discription of it.

Also, you seem convinced that the scum would be desperate after the town choosing correctly on day 1 and day 2, and that they would go to any lengths to prevent that from happening now, but you seem to have forgotten that the town chose correctly on day 1 largely because of John Locke. How do you reconcile the two?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:31 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Did your information come directly from God, Ms. Garrett?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:29 am

Post by Gaspar »

I would guess that Ms. Garrett was made our Stuntperson. If that's the case, I'm going to have to plant my head through a computer monitor.

Just got home, but I'm p busy until probably Saturday afternoon. I'll catch up on things then.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:51 am

Post by VP Baltar »

That makes sense. However, Ms. Garrett, what did you mean by "until the delegation is filled"?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
StarKiss
StarKiss
Goon
StarKiss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:59 am

Post by StarKiss »

Pulls out his harmonica and begins to blow into it.

You know.. this situation reminds me of a time when I was a little boy-

((DON'T TALK ABOUT THE HANDJOB FROM HEAVEN))

Hmm... bad topic choice, I see.

Lewis continues to play the tune -- a lifeless, loud, erratic pattern of all things. He doesn't notice how the others' react, only paying attention to the Mother, Maiden & Crone as their empty stares seem to give him the impression that they are fine listening to his crap.

I got another one.. It's about this time when I didn't know where to go, or who to seek guidance from when I was in a bad spot, so I called on the Lord and he-

((DON'T TALK ABOUT GETTING YOUR HEAD STUCK IN A BULL'S ASS))

Well..... he took a few hours to help, but all that matters is that he eventually came to my side, I suppose. Hmm... not sure what kind of song I should sing for you good people.
Starbuck + Kise = Pure Awesome
Don't forget Dram :(
GoofballsAndBaloons
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:54 am

Post by GoofballsAndBaloons »

OH dad! Play "The Power of Love." You know it makes my impenetrable AT-field tingle!

I won't be around much today and tomorrow, I have several Evangelion units that need controlling. They need a high level of synchronization ratio in the entry plug, I'm the only that can do it. I'll be off to Terminal Dogma for the weekend!

The harmonica brings Tabris such great childhood memories...
[size=75]This is a block of madness that can be added to insanity you post. There is a 255 psychiatric limit.[/size]
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:01 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Scene 3.4

Huey Lewis plays "The Power of Love" while Tabris and DEATH sway in an entirely disturbing fashion.

As they are currently the focal point of the shot, only the most observant of fans will notice a hand appear on the edge of the scene, grab Clarence Odbody, and jerk him out of view. He reappears moments later with his wig slightly askew and a different twinkle in his eye...

PookyTheMagicalBear has been appointed Stuntman. PookyTheMagicalBear uses the Stuntman ability to switch Roles with elmosaurian.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:07 am

Post by VP Baltar »

DEATH does a backflip of joy and shakes his fists together in giddy as he awaits the words of the newly enlightened Mr. Odbody.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:55 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

got a poke....will comment on events (or lack there of until the recent "change") later (sunday).
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
StarKiss
StarKiss
Goon
StarKiss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:09 am

Post by StarKiss »

My music was that good, Death? ^_^
Starbuck + Kise = Pure Awesome
Don't forget Dram :(
GoofballsAndBaloons
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:24 am

Tabris is overwhelmed by a premonition that Clarence Odbody is going to bring in boat loads of awesome.

He goes back to cutting glass using only the force of his AT field, for a local outdoor art demo tomorrow. He hopes to sell a lot of Evangelion merchandising, such as googly pens, belt buckles, paperbacks, and plastic likenesses of himself. He's bringing his good autograph marker.
[size=75]This is a block of madness that can be added to insanity you post. There is a 255 psychiatric limit.[/size]
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:28 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

Mod Note:
curiouskarmadog and Thok have gone 72 hours without a 25-word-or-more post, and have received their first strikes.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:03 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

Tabris, I find your accusation that our fellow beings who are up to no good are going to make sure we are sidetracked on this one in particular because of their recent failings faulty. Since I believe a death is always more momentous and tragic than being misled, if they were to sacrifice one of themselves simply for a decision, then it would be a decision based on emotion rather than logic. While in individuals, that often happens, it rarely happens in groups.

As such, I am inclined to trust Mr. Odbody and go with the Mother
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
GoofballsAndBaloons
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:57 am

They can only keep two of their own evil kind, for the final play of the Apocalypse. Remember?

The playwright has designed this so that some of them evil ones are mere cannon fodder to earn these precious points. Do you recall a few days ago, one of them being evil incarnate and for all to see, trying to steer us, quite ineffectively, to disastrous decisions? Though he failed, he did try.

I ask to the below questions in the expectations of answers from you.

(1) What do the evil ones earn by hiding their evilness and being un-suspected, when several of them will be ditched like useless ballast when the final two evil ones are chosen?

(2) Do you think that it's their advantage to let us good ones win every single point and let themselves be in an disadvantageous position in the apocalypse?

(3) Do you recall one of them evil ones, not so long ago, doing exactly what they are supposed to do, which is to sacrifice themselves to win that point? That the evil one turned out to be laughably ineffective is besides the point; you see how they tried earlier, don't you think they'll try again, except this time, with stronger determination, cleverer plots, and airtight strategy?

(4) Do you realize that tomorrow will be a cakewalk for us good ones to earn the point?

(5) Given that they lost the first two, and will probably lose the last, how desperate do you think they are today?

(6) Do you think they are wimpy doormats barely playing to their win condition and are merely rolling the red carpet for us to make the apparently in-your-face obvious decision and let us win the point AGAIN, so easily, completely failing to challenge us in any way?

(7) Do you really believe that they are handing over the victory on a platter? If so they are very poor sports and should be banned from the Actor's Guild altogether for not reading their lines properly, and my wrath will be such that my impenetrable AT field will pulsate angrily for weeks.
GoofballsAndBaloons
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:00 am

Besides all that, you're probably scum flying under the radar. I have revised my reading of your evilness/goodness ratio unfavorably.

You seem quite impervious to the most logical scenario happening today considering the evil ones' earlier embarrassing failures and possible future sources of deep shame.

Something is not quite right with you.
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:24 am

Post by Gaspar »

Blargh. Now Tabris is making basically the same arguments I made up until this point. My brain wants to agree with her, but my innards are saying that Mr. Obody wouldn't lie because that would prove everything I've said against him and Mr. Locke to be correct.

I really don't know where I stand on this.

By the way, Tabris, how will tomorrow be a "cakewalk" as you so eloquently put it? (I ask this because I didn't jot down any information we may have been given.)
GoofballsAndBaloons
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:32 am

You may be Angel, but stop thinking that you are the center of the Universe! There is the great play of good and evil, you are but a pawn. As I am. Hopefully a thinking pawn. This play isn't acted out with your feelings in mind, or for the purpose of wounding your pride and reputation, but for a great victory of evil over good. They are devious, and must be stopped.

A cakewalk for tomorrow is what I concluded when I read it. I forget now... I might try to recollect from memory but I do not guarantee accuracy. In fact I can nearly guarantee complete lack of accuracy. We can discuss this later when we have the facts before us. I recall thinking that Day 1 and Day 4 would be our cakewalks.
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:56 am

Post by Gaspar »

I've always been extremely self-centered, Tabris. Remember Covert Ops by the mysterious "Seol"?

Every game revolves around me. I
am
the center of the Universe. Really, if you think about it, this isn't out of the ordinary for me at all.
GoofballsAndBaloons
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:22 am

Unless you're a decepticon...

The Universe could do worse than having you at its center.
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:31 am

Post by Thok »

Posting here mostly to avoid picking up a second strike. Apparently I misunderstood how weekends were handled in the rules. (Yes, I've also been lazy.)

I see Mr. Odbody has had a change of heart. Do you have any news of the outside world?

I've taken a little bit of time to think about the scenario. It seems to me that Locke's information is more likely to be trustworthy than the original Odbody's, just because I don't think he would have the skill to come up with that clue as quickly as he did. Basically, if Locke is lying, than there has to be a big conspiracy that I think must involve the original Odbody also.

(Incidentally, if I am correct, there are 6 scenarios, and both Locke and Odbody eliminate two of them with their words.)
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:30 am

ok caught up, most it was dribble by one who likes to talk.

I am curious why Mrs garret implied no one was going to "change" and then it occurred.

I am also looking forward to hearing the new Mr. Odbody's insight from the beyond...like where did Ito and Glork stood

I am thinking that the Mother will be a Neutral choice.

I am more inclined to live on the edge and choose the Crone at this point, but meh.

Locke has grown tired.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:39 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

elmosaurian has been appointed Stuntman.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:23 pm

now thats interesting.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:24 pm

now I am back to wanting to pick mother.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
GoofballsAndBaloons
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:54 pm

I find your earlier statement that you might lean towards Crone, if not voting Mother, to be nothing short than reverse-psychology BS from caught scum. May I remind you that my AT-field is impervious to BS?

It's as you are trying to sneak in a bit of what we call in Evangelion Unit 02, WIFOM.

First I wouldn't have voted Mother because that's very clearly the choice scum are pushing, and we are getting total nonsense information, quite possibly from two scumbags in cahoots, and a pre-planned choreography/strategy/tap-dance to ensure a win and
avoid the humiliation of peeing in your pants in front of the class a third time.
IN ROW.

Thank you for reinforcing the case for Crone.

The only thing that would cause me to rethink this is if you were actually going to vote Crone.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”