Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2005 4:44 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

warpdragon wrote: Its almost impossible to have six killers because there were 3 kills night 2, but tis the only plausable solution I see. I have a strong feeling that if there are 2 mafias they are by color and not by piece so that they do not kill eachother off.
Well, the queens were both vigs and investigators, right? So they would probably only use their vig powers after they investigted and found a scum; doing an investigation is probably a much better move then making a random kill if you're pro-town. That might be what happened with Nannok; a queen probably spotted him as scum one night and killed him the next. So if we had a sitation with two vig/queens and 4 scum killers or killing groups, most nights you'd only have the 4 scum trying to make a kill, and we did start with at least two protective roles (the kings).

As for mass claiming...well, if everyone but the scum told the truth, it could help. If the scum all claimed pawn, then we'd know we had something like 7 more pawns then we should, and that would greatly narrow down the possibilities. Of course, the scum could still claim their own roles; we don't even know if some pieces are all scum or if the scum are spread throught the board yet. I don't know...if it turns out that "all knights and bishops are scum" or something like that, then a mass claim could help us, but right now I'm not sure we have enough information for a mass claim to do us much good.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Lt. Origen
Lt. Origen
Goon
Lt. Origen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2005 5:18 pm

Post by Lt. Origen »

The thing is, it seems like the only way for the town to win right now is for scum to kill each other, and that's assuming they don't already know each others' identities. They've avoided killing each other so far, somehow. If any of the non-pawn, non-scum roles tell the truth, then they'd be guaranteed townie-kills tonight. If we assume that there are 7 scum left, then even if we lynch one of them today, they still only need to kill 2 townies to be 50% of the town, at which point we can't really lynch them anymore, unless we're dealing with two opposed mafias, which seems unlikely at this point. (If one dies to crossfire or gets vig'd, they need three, which still looks easy, especially if there are claims to work off of. If both happen, or there's massive crossfire, then we can still win.)

In short, full claim = probable scum victory, even if the scum claim truthfully.
olio
olio
Mafia Scum
olio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2005 12:51 am

Post by olio »

Pie, what is your reasoning behind full piece-claim? Why didn't you propose cop coming out instead, if you feel town should take risks now?
[size=75]Music makes the world go 'round,
there's no life without a sound.[/size]
Crola
Crola
Mafia Scum
Crola
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2005 2:10 am

Post by Crola »

olio wrote:Pie, what is your reasoning behind full piece-claim? Why didn't you propose cop coming out instead, if you feel town should take risks now?
Are you trying to call out a cop? This would be the dumbest move ever, not only is our cop (the Queen) a cop, but she's also a vig.
unvote Iammars vote Olio
this is possibly the scummiest thing said all game. Maybe IS's instincts were right.

We have about three rooks left, (role blockers), 1 queen(cop/vig), three scum (bishops), and 4 of whatever the Knights are, maybe they're self protecters.
Kun Lan:"Oops, I guess my trick didn't work on you."
Harman:"Tricks are for kids, Kun. I'm an old man."
~ Killer7
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2005 3:01 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

Crola, I think you completely missed Olio's point.

What we have left:

2 White Pawns, 4 Black Pawns
2 White Knights, 2 Black Knights
2 White Bishops, 1 Black Bishop
1 Black Rook
1 White King
1 Black Queen

My memory tells me that the OP and/or deathscene for Nanook used to say that he was "black mafia", rather than "scum" as it says now. Am I losing my mind?
[size=75]Mafia is hard.[/size]
olio
olio
Mafia Scum
olio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2005 3:11 am

Post by olio »

Crola wrote: Are you trying to call out a cop? This would be the dumbest move ever, not only is our cop (the Queen) a cop, but she's also a vig.
Please show me where I asked cop to come out. I didn't mean this to be trap of any kind, but looks like it turned out to be one.

vote: Crola
[size=75]Music makes the world go 'round,
there's no life without a sound.[/size]
Crola
Crola
Mafia Scum
Crola
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2005 3:19 am

Post by Crola »

After overlooking your post, I realized that I probably should have read it through all the way, or had a better understanding. I didn't see the sarcasm you put on it, and thought that you were asking for the cop to claim. I don't really think it was a trap, rahter just an error on my part for not reading all the way. Sorry for the accusation.
Unvote Olio
Kun Lan:"Oops, I guess my trick didn't work on you."
Harman:"Tricks are for kids, Kun. I'm an old man."
~ Killer7
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2005 8:38 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Lt. Origen wrote:The thing is, it seems like the only way for the town to win right now is for scum to kill each other, and that's assuming they don't already know each others' identities. They've avoided killing each other so far, somehow.
Well, we know that one of the scum groups had a alignmemt cop working for them, so that could explain how they've avoid cross-fire kills for the most part, if both (or all, or whatever) scum groups have an alignment cop and have been focused on taking out good guys. Now that one of the alignment cops are dead, perhaps our luck will improve a little as far as that goes. Also, at this point with the scum groups doing so well, one would think that the right move for them would be to target each other; if there are two mafias, and mafia A tries to kill good guys tonight while mafia B tries to kill memebers of mafia A, then mafia B will have a huge advantage over all other factions going into the endgame. At this point, with the mafia group or groups ahead of the town, their biggest threat is each other, and if they act logically they should start trying to kill each other now. With scum alignment cops, hopefully the scum groups have some idea of who some other bad guys are and will go after them tonight.

You hear that, scummy people? Kill each other tonight, it's for your own good. :lol:
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2005 12:28 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

Vote Count

4 Iammars – (Yaw, PookyTheMagicalBear, Save the Dragons, Lt. Origen)
3 Yaw – (rolandofthewhite, Iammars, SpeedyKQ)
2 olio – (StevieT92, Fuldu)
1 Crola – (olio)

Not voting (6):

Crola, Dranko20, help im a bug, Pie_is_good, warpdragon, Yosarian2

With 16 alive, it’s 9 to lynch
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalms 73:26 (NIV)
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2005 12:15 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

No posts in about 2 days. Hm... a deadline could be in order. For the meantime, think of the chess peices as cheer-leaders of varying levels if that helps any.
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2005 6:35 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

All right. We have no good leads, nothing to go on, no one is posting, half of the game is really lurking, and almost half of the game is scum, and the mod is threatning a deadline. At this point, I would expect most scum to just stay in the background and try not to get lynched; no sense in a scum taking risks now, and a deadline only helps the scum, so I expect that several of our scum are amoung the lurkers. So, both to dig out scum and to get the game going, I think it's time for a lurker list. As always, this is just based on me reading through the thread a few times and I may have missed a post somewhere; if so, let me know and I'll fix the list

The worst lurkers right now are:

Dranko20 –Last posted on May 20
Fuldu –Last posted on May 23
help im a bug Last posted on April 8 (!!!)
PookyTheMagicalBear -Last posted on May 13
StevieT92 -Last posted on May 20

First of all, is Help Im A Bug still even in this game? He's listed as alive on the first page. If so, he's either completly forgotten about the game and needs a mod prod, or he needs to be replaced.

Out of the other four hardcore lurkers we have right now, I would think the odds of any one of them being scum is pretty high right now. I'm going to
vote:PookyTheMagicBear
to start with.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2005 6:56 am

Post by Iammars »

Sounds good to me.
Unvote, vote:PookytheMagicalBear
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2005 7:28 am

Post by big_kahunia »

I'm currently searching for a replacement for help im a bug.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2005 8:01 am

Post by Yaw »

No good leads?! I've already pointed out the person with the scum tell. There's only so much I can do if you're going to ignore me when I point out scum. :roll:
Success breeds suspicion
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2005 9:04 am

Post by big_kahunia »

:D
BabyJesus replaces help im a bug immediately
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2005 9:05 am

Post by Iammars »

Right now, if we get down to a deadline, I'm going to be lynched anyway. And you'll see in games that that is how I usually play in games, scum or not.
Plus, the third time, when Nanook is dead, I'm trying to get some info out of the death scene. In a game where the town is practically dead you think that it would be nice to get some info from any place possible.
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2005 9:08 am

Post by Yaw »

I don't consider what you did after Nanook died a tell. It's what you were doing with him while you were both alive, and the fact that it went both ways. Remember,
I'm
picking this up from Nanook's posts first.
Success breeds suspicion
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2005 9:20 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

(shrug) As I said before, I don't think "Iammars joked with someone who later turned out to be scum" is much of a scum tell, especally in his case. For now, I'm more suspicious of the lurkers; it's in the scum's best interest for the day to end with no progress or information at this point, and that's where we seem to be heading, partly because half the town never posts.
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2005 9:22 am

Post by BabyJesus »

big_kahunia wrote::D
BabyJesus replaces help im a bug immediately
can someone give me a breakdown of whats happened? I'll probably go back and read the last 22 pages....but a short breakdown of whose claimed what, etc... would be nice...
:coo:
Back On The List: Fritzler, Pooky
Solo Town winner of Payola Mafia.
Scum's Best Friend: Nightcow
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2005 9:26 am

Post by BabyJesus »

warpdragon wrote:
BabyJesus wrote:
The Shadow wrote:OK: 3 vote choices.

A: Baby Jesus who talks too much.
B: Internet Stranger who doesn't talk at all.
C: Nanook with the color purple.

Well, I'm scum, and BabyJesus is not, plus his bandwagon is farther along...I think. So...

Unvote. Vote:BabyJesus
fixed.....

(noted for future reference)
Vote BJ
for tampering with the evidence.

IS is more valuable than you because he has more experience and finds scum very frequently.
Is this idiot still alive? WTF....

vote warpdragon.

ok, still reading. Expect a lot of posts as I catch up. If you think that is scummy I hate to break it to you, but I don't care.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2005 9:30 am

Post by Yaw »

I don't think it's necessarily scummy. I
do
wish you'd keep a reply window open separately from your rereading window, make notes in the former and post as many as possible at once...
Success breeds suspicion
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2005 10:14 am

Post by BabyJesus »

List of suspects:
--------------------
On voter ALL 3 LYNCHES:

Iammars
----------------
ON voters 2 out of 3 lynches:

Yaw, Astronaut, Yosarian2, Warpdragon, SpeedyKQ, Olio, Pie_Is_Good, Lt. Origen, Dranko20
-----------------
ON voter 1 out of 3 lynches:

PookyTheMagicalBear, rolandofthewhite, Fuldu, StevieT92, Crola, STD
-----------------------------

My top 3 for scum after reading are Iammers, Olio, and warpdragon.
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2005 10:19 am

Post by BabyJesus »

I will
unvote warp, vote Iammers
, only because warp has no votes, and we got a little train going on Iammers.

That said...warp and Olio get extrememly high fos's....

also, if I made any mistakes in the above listing let me know, it IS possible, lol. for instance, in reviewing it I already see Astronaut is dead and should be yanked off the 2 out of 3 lynches list.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2005 11:26 am

Post by Fuldu »

Not that I disagree with you about warpdragon and olio, BJ - in fact, I place them above Iammars on my scummy list - but what made you select the two of them from the 2 of 3 list?
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2005 12:06 pm

Post by BabyJesus »

Fuldu wrote:Not that I disagree with you about warpdragon and olio, BJ - in fact, I place them above Iammars on my scummy list - but what made you select the two of them from the 2 of 3 list?
more questionable posts and such....warp seems to contribute little, jump on bandwagons for little reasoning....such as the one I quoted :wink:

olio - same iffy jumping, IS was pushing his lynch today, and IS was night killed, similar lack of contributing...

Not a whole lot of specifics, as I read through 22 pages, so its all a blur....but those 2 stuck out more then the rest.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”