Newbie 843 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:49 am

Post by Zachrulez »

I need to catch up on the posts written over the weekend and today. I will try to post again later tonight.
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:34 am

Post by manho »

Zachrulez wrote:
manho wrote:a LoS is a bit anti-town imo, it provides target for scum to mislynch and kill.
Isn't this kind of mindset a bit anti-discussion? Want to go into detail about why suspicion lists bother you?
good scum can always find a good way to jump on a bandwagon that is top in most people's LoS. and scum can always nk the one that is at the bottom of most LoS to get rid of the most pro-town player. i like LoS's when i was scum.
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:35 am

Post by manho »

Zachrulez wrote:(I'm not trying to say you should make a complete list of where every player stands in your head, but a top 2-3 works pretty good.)
stating the top 3 is much better.
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:50 am

Post by manho »

EtherealCookie wrote:
manho wrote:unvote, vote: tubby for asking for more post and more talk without actually giving them.

and to the question by yernab, i will do the exact same thing i would do as town. is the answer the same as meji? great mind think alike, or i'm just copying from meji. [serious]it is optimistic for all scum to act exactly the same as they will as town. and i don't think scum should do stuff that scum would do. i would go for the scumtell and lynch the scum but not thinking in the WIFOM cycle.[/serious]
What exactly is stuff that "scum would do?" The scum should be doing nothing suspicious in day anyhow. So I don't really get your point. And, how can there be a scumtell if you think scum behaves exactly like town? The difference between scum and town is that scum has extra information that it can let slip, not to mention a person who's actually town behaves exactly like town, while a person who is scum usually tries to act like town too hard (Overly pro-town, that either chases after a lynch like a hound or offers an analysis and then remains quiet, just joining bandwagons with a good reason.) That's good scum. Then you've got the silly scum that just tries to remain quiet and out of the picture, which people notice easily. Yeah, I'm looking at you, Tubby.
the "scum would do" things are just the normal scumtells, like bandwagoning without giving reasons. and did i actually say that "being pro-town is scummy"? i don't think so, but i label "being overly pro-town" and "trying hard to be pro-town" as scummy.
WrathofShadows wrote: Anyone can post a smiley. Since we don't have the advantage of facial expressions or verbal emphasis, it makes it virtually impossible to figure the true meaning (town being nice vs. scum disguise)

FoS Manho.
I want to see what information i can gather from his response..
manho wrote:who is that "he"?
Wrath. If you want to see someones response and gather information from it, why would you tell them? Secondly, why a FoS? You could at least vote. Nobody's afraid of a FoS with no analysis. It says nothing.

Manho, what kind of response was that? You didn't even ask what exactly the point of that was.
you can't FoS someone without giving any reasons and think that he would respond to it, and i don't think wrath would be that stupid. so, i ask him if he really want to get respond from me.
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:55 am

Post by manho »

yernab wrote:After reading EtherealCookie's analysis, I decided to look at manho's posts exclusively. If you're reading this, go ahead - at the bottom of the page, set the user to "manho" and see what you get. Although the bulk of EtherealCookie's analysis is aimed at tubby, who has been... rather unhelpful on the whole, manho's posts are even more devoid of substance. And he's an SE, too - if anything, he should be using the benefit of his experience to help us scumhunt. But so far, nothing.

So, until I get a response from manho explaining why he isn't helping us out more, I'm gonna
vote manho
i'm a bit busy these days, no i'm very busy, and i can only access to MS after 2am, which is a bit late to me. but sorry for making so little posts.
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:58 am

Post by manho »

Soyasushi wrote:Him being an SE, I believe we can find some meta from manho, so I'm going to check to see how he used to behave in games where he's scum or he's town.
the label people as SE too easily. i've finished 2 games only in MS, both being townie, and you can check them in my wiki.
WrathofShadows
WrathofShadows
Townie
WrathofShadows
Townie
Townie

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:57 am

Post by WrathofShadows »

First off, I'm going to state the obvious. Cookie, you're more than intelligent enough to sway pretty much any argument you choose to, i can see that just from the post you centered on my behavior. Now me personally, i act pretty much the same regardless of which side i'm on (which is to say the few games i've been in i've always attracted attention).

As for your "he's thinking ways around things" comment, that's just the way my mind works, so get used to it. it'll happen again in the future, i can guarantee that one.

I am wondering, however, why you'd come specifically after me in that post despite having more than enough information for speculation on at least two others.

For this reason
Vote: Cookie
Show
Some would say he's a killer.
I prefer to think of it as natural selection.
--Anonymous

"The Invincible Eraser Rain!!"
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:11 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

I have meta on Tubby that shows he behaves like this as Town anyhow. I don't see why people are saying I have lots of information on him. I just quoted some stuff and wrote a one liner response. Manho is #2 most scummy for me. However, your posts just seemed scummy to me. I especially didn't like the first quote about "If I were mafia" comment catching attention. I also didn't understand why you announced you were trying to get a response out of Manho and then FoS'd him. If he knows your intent, and he's scum, it's not likely he's going to react heavily.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:16 pm

Post by tubby216 »

manho wrote:
Zachrulez wrote:
manho wrote:a LoS is a bit anti-town imo, it provides target for scum to mislynch and kill.
Isn't this kind of mindset a bit anti-discussion? Want to go into detail about why suspicion lists bother you?
good scum can always find a good way to jump on a bandwagon that is top in most people's LoS. and scum can always nk the one that is at the bottom of most LoS to get rid of the most pro-town player.
i like LoS's when i was scum.
please note the bolded

manho wrote:
Soyasushi wrote:Him being an SE, I believe we can find some meta from manho, so I'm going to check to see how he used to behave in games where he's scum or he's town.
the label people as SE too easily.
i've finished 2 games only in MS, both being townie,
and you can check them in my wiki.
or were you talkin about that other site cause i am a lil lost

F.O.S. manho
and yes it is a bit omgus'y
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:20 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

What are you trying to get at? You're just bolding what he said. Okay? What does that prove?
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:57 pm

Post by tubby216 »

i asked a question i'd like him to answer
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:23 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

I'm not liking how Wraithofshadow's suspicions of etherealcookie just seemed to spring up out of thin air after ethereal voted him.
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:27 pm

Post by manho »

tubby216 wrote:
manho wrote:
Zachrulez wrote:
good scum can always find a good way to jump on a bandwagon that is top in most people's LoS. and scum can always nk the one that is at the bottom of most LoS to get rid of the most pro-town player.
i like LoS's when i was scum.
please note the bolded

manho wrote:
the label people as SE too easily.
i've finished 2 games only in MS, both being townie,
and you can check them in my wiki.
or were you talkin about that other site cause i am a lil lost

F.O.S. manho
and yes it is a bit omgus'y
yes, i'm talking about games in other site. i've finished about 10 games in AoPS.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:59 pm

Post by tubby216 »

@manho are those games played like they are here? meaning day time is vote driven rather than say time driven?

that is to say the day ends here when a majority vote is cast,

time driven means you have 24hours and the player with the most votes is lynched.

and can you provide a link?
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:02 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

Zachrulez wrote:I'm not liking how Wraithofshadow's suspicions of etherealcookie just seemed to spring up out of thin air after ethereal voted him.
Indeed, it seemed more like a retaliation, didn't it?
Soyasushi
Soyasushi
Townie
Soyasushi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:22 pm

Post by Soyasushi »

Actually, what Tubby said was true. Manho said he liked LoS when he was scum, but then he contradicts himself by saying he's only ever played as town.
I only play one game at a time, until further notice.
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:07 am

Post by manho »

tubby216 wrote:@manho are those games played like they are here? meaning day time is vote driven rather than say time driven?

that is to say the day ends here when a majority vote is cast,

time driven means you have 24hours and the player with the most votes is lynched.

and can you provide a link?
the same as here.
link, and i was in game 20, 26, 27, 28, 32, 34-41, but most of the games are themed and it may be difficult to find a meta on me base on them. and i've forgotten in which games i was scum. (i can search for them if you really want)
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:15 am

Post by tubby216 »

thanks manho
Meji Fan
Meji Fan
Goon
Meji Fan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:38 am

Post by Meji Fan »

That makes sense then. I don't believe this was a tell of any sort on manho's part now

On Cookie/Wrathofshadows

WrathofShadows definitely does have that OMGUS effect to it, as it seems to boil down to 'Your intelligent, but you like me best?' which is strongly not so helpful

more later
There is no problem so big it cannot be solved by an even bigger explosion
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:01 am

Post by hohum »

Official Vote Count:

tubby216(2): Meji Fan, manho

yernab(2): Soyasushi, tubby216
Meji Fan(1): Zachrulez
WrathOfShadows(1): EtherealCookie
manho(1): yernab
EtherealCookie(1): WrathofShadows

Not Voting(1): crazypianist1116

With 9 Alive it takes 5 to lynch
WrathofShadows
WrathofShadows
Townie
WrathofShadows
Townie
Townie

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:43 am

Post by WrathofShadows »

I admit that my vote is 25% retaliation. But still it strikes me odd that he's so focused on one or two people (mainly manho, tubby and me) which accounts for the other 75% of why i placed my vote the way i did. I've got three ideas for scum at this point.

@Zach- i'd like to hear more about your opinions on the subject, so far i've seen very little from you other than "i'm reading up" and "yea, that looks weird"
Show
Some would say he's a killer.
I prefer to think of it as natural selection.
--Anonymous

"The Invincible Eraser Rain!!"
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:01 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

I haven't given reads on the others because A) I don't have time to closely analyze them currently (Wait until the weekend :D) and B) Nothing they've said just from reading the thread over strikes me as odd, or C) They're not posting enough.
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:53 pm

Post by crazypianist1116 »

I'm really sorry guys, I just got flooded with homework. I'll give a significant post later today.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:45 am

Post by Zachrulez »

WrathofShadows wrote:I admit that my vote is 25% retaliation. But still it strikes me odd that he's so focused on one or two people (mainly manho, tubby and me) which accounts for the other 75% of why i placed my vote the way i did. I've got three ideas for scum at this point.

@Zach- i'd like to hear more about your opinions on the subject, so far i've seen very little from you other than "i'm reading up" and "yea, that looks weird"
I tend to try to keep my focus on a few people as well. I don't see why that is so problematic. If other players don't look scummy, you tend to not find much worth saying about them. In general noting that they look town to you is not a good idea either, hence you end up focusing on what looks off to you.

What subject do you want my opinions on? "The subject" is a bit vague.
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:10 pm

Post by crazypianist1116 »

Manho: 1 post instead of 4 please

Scum or town: I prefer town; you know less so it's more of a challenge.
EtherealCookie wrote:
WrathOfShadows
:
WrathOfShadows wrote:The "If i were mafia" comment always seems bad to me since that will ALWAYS catch someone's attention in the worst way possible.
Already thinking about what might catch people's attention, and what might not?
So when you're town you don't proofread your posts to see if anything suspicious pops out at you?
EtherealCookie wrote:
WrathOfShadows wrote:@Meji-Manho didn't do anything suspicious, but that for me makes me suspicious. everyone says something to set someone else off at some point and i was just trying to see what reaction he'd have to it. Unfortunately, a brush-off isn't much of a tell one way or the other
So you know it isn't going to be a tell, yet you still see the need to see what reaction he'd have?
Where did he say he knew it wasn't going to be a tell? The brush-off was after Manho responded (or at least that's what Wrath implied).
EtherealCookie wrote:
Suppose there are a couple people that others seem suspicious about. The mafia may use that to their advantage to remove the competition without ever exposing themself/themselves.
THAT is my problem with using scumlists in the first place.
How are the mafia going to use that to their advantage? If they have no good reason for lynching someone, and are just joining a bandwagon, that really gives them away Day II. Now, if they NK suspicious people, more power to them. They just allowed us to turn our attention away from suspicious townies that are now dead.
The town creates the "reasons." The scum just have to grab on to those reasons and add a few of their own. Have you played as scum before? (Sorry if that was already answered)
EtherealCookie wrote:
WrathOfShadows wrote:I don't make a vote unless i have what i conceive to be concrete reason.
So basically, you're not going to try to get people to react, and get any responses?

The rest of you I haven't given a good look over yet, but will get to. However, as of currently...

Vote:WrathOfShadows
You seem like a smart guy. Yet you're keeping quiet and trying to stop discussions like scumlists from taking place, and aren't really making an attempt to find scum.
He never said he wasn't going to post.
Wrath was right, you were juggling his words.
Vote: EtherealCookie

More tomorrow.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”