Mini 848 - Second String Muppets Mafia - Game Over.

Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:24 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

I'm not asking for your firstborn here Snix. I'm asking for a single vote.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:24 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

@DDD:So, you brush off attacks on you and act condescending early in the wagon, and then get hyper-defensive at the end of the wagon, and you want sympathy?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:25 pm

Post by charter »

Eldritch Lord wrote:I'm just going to assume the rest of town is smart enough to lynch you DDD and you'll flip scum. Given this:

This game may have a PGO, but DDD defends charter's PGO claim which makes me think charter might be an unblockable killer trying to save his position -- still charter hasn't been very off-base so far with his reasoning, even if he did start a mislynch.

I have a question for the town, what if I assume there is a godfather or otherwise unblockable kill, then I'm done for tonight more than likely.

I could investigate charter, if I, too, explode in a similar fashion then you could consider charter's claim viable. This would be a situation of whose action comes first, the NK or the Investigation.

Or I could just investigate Elvis and hope I don't die but some god-given miracle in the night.
If you could show a huge leap of faith and investigate ekim or ecto, that would be best. You guys can lynch me tomorrow if you do it (if you think I'm scum trying to trick you), assuming you don't get a guilty on one of them. There's a part of my role I've withheld, and I'd really prefer it if you didn't get killed by investigating me, and I think it's better to not investigate elvis, since she's likely going down anyway I think it'd be a much better way of trying to save her by confirming someone else as scum, rather than confirming her as innocent. Plus, if there is a GF, an innocent on her won't mean a whole lot.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:26 pm

Post by Snix »

Fine,
Vote: EL

Is that good enough for you.

I promise you, If you flip town I will hang EL from the gallows by his balls.
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:31 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

11:24-11:26, we better see that claim tonight.
"Impatience is a great obstacle to success; he who treats everything with brusqueness gathers nothing, or only immature fruit which will never ripen."
-Napoleon I
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:32 pm

Snix wrote:Fine,
Vote: EL

Is that good enough for you.
It's what I said I wanted didn't I?

Claim: Town Watcher
Role Claim: Uncle Deadly
Notes: It's noted in my PM that I'm unpopular, but that I like you people and the show. Possible miller teaser, but there's no other indications of that and I would think I would be informed of that fact.

N1: I targeted Mike because it seemed there were near universal consensus that he was town. I was the only person to target him.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:34 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

@charter: Directing night actions is incredibly scummy, you've already shoved the town enough as it is...
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:41 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

DDD you're experienced enough to know:
MafiaWiki wrote:Sometimes an important part of a Miller role is that the player is not told this aspect of their role. Rather the Moderator assigns one person to be the Miller, but only tells him/her that the role is a vanilla townie. Thus, the Miller cannot simply claim their role Day 1 as a prevention against lynching.
Furthermore, why the super defensiveness and delay to roleclaim if you thought there was a possible miller spoiler.

And the assumption that I'm either lyncher, stupid town, or scum when you thought you might have a miller hint, not even a mention of possible insane cop or any other role that would preserve a cop returning a guilty on a miller.
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:48 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Just to be clearer on my main point:
MafiaWiki wrote:Sometimes an important part of a Miller role is that the player is not told this aspect of their role. Rather the Moderator assigns one person to be the Miller, but only tells him/her that the role is a vanilla townie. Thus, the Miller cannot simply claim their role Day 1 as a prevention against lynching.
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Possible miller teaser, but there's no other indications of that and I would think I would be informed of that fact.
Keep in mind DDD is a fairly experienced player who should know these things if he knows terms like miller and has been doing name-claim research.
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:A) He's a lyncher and I'm his target.
B) I backed him into a corner making him stake his reputation on my lynch so he'll do anything to get it.
C) He's already announced he's quite arrogant so maybe he believes when I flip town that he can argue it was a town gambit. It certainly wouldn't be the first time that one has been pulled.
No attempt made to save a cop who would be returning guilty on a miller
he doesn't even mention the possibility
, makes it seem odd that he's mentioning he inferred possible miller out of his description.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:48 pm

Post by charter »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:@charter: Directing night actions is incredibly scummy, you've already shoved the town enough as it is...
First off, he's asking the town about what to do. Second, I am trying to help, but people need to believe, I'll fullclaim tomorrow, and like I said, lynch me if you think it makes me scum.

It doesn't have to be ecto or ekim, but it SHOULD not be elvis or myself. I just think that if elvis isn't scum, one of those two is most likely to be scum.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:51 pm

Post by Snix »

Well, that's all I wanted for tonight.

I personally will not lynch DDD as he could have claimed miller outright, but only hinted at it (he even goes so far as to say he doesn't believe he is). Plus, if EL is Sam the Eagle it is more likely than not that he is not completely sane.

I still do not like Elvis and will hopefully get around to fleshing out my case more tomorrow.

Vote: Elvis
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:51 pm

Post by charter »

Millers are sketchy enough, not being told they're millers is really bastardly, and pretty sure we're not dealing with that.

However, watchers are a horrible role to actually be included in a game. Two investigative roles is meh, but EL's claim is way more solid than DDDs.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:53 pm

Post by charter »

Snix wrote:Well, that's all I wanted for tonight.

I personally will not lynch DDD as he could have claimed miller outright, but only hinted at it (he even goes so far as to say he doesn't believe he is). Plus, if EL is Sam the Eagle it is more likely than not that he is not completely sane.

I still do not like Elvis and will hopefully get around to fleshing out my case more tomorrow.

Vote: Elvis
You've got to be kidding. He's softclaiming miller, after he's had a guilty on him, and you're believing it?!?!? I don't know what to say.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:53 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

charter wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:@charter: Directing night actions is incredibly scummy, you've already shoved the town enough as it is...
First off, he's asking the town about what to do. Second, I am trying to help, but people need to believe, I'll fullclaim tomorrow, and like I said, lynch me if you think it makes me scum.

It doesn't have to be ecto or ekim, but it SHOULD not be elvis or myself. I just think that if elvis isn't scum, one of those two is most likely to be scum.
I thought acting anti-town made you scummy today, why would I think differently tomorrow. If it were me I absolutely not listen to charter's "advice".
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:57 pm

Post by charter »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
charter wrote:

I thought acting anti-town made you scummy today, why would I think differently tomorrow. If it were me I absolutely not listen to charter's "advice".
Well, I'll just say this. If DDD flips scum, I pray EL listens and gives me one night. If DDD flips town, I don't think it's going to matter. I'm even saying lynch me tomorrow if you think I'm scum, just don't get yourself killed tonight to do it.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:58 pm

Eldritch Lord wrote:DDD you're experienced enough to know:
Furthermore, why the super defensiveness and delay to roleclaim if you thought there was a possible miller spoiler.

And the assumption that I'm either lyncher, stupid town, or scum when you thought you might have a miller hint, not even a mention of possible insane cop or any other role that would preserve a cop returning a guilty on a miller.
I may be experienced, but I've never played with a miller before and personally I don't an uninformed miller fits in a mini game, way too swingy. The only reason I brought it up, let alone noticed it is because I was going over every line of text in my PM after being asked for a claim for the thirty-third time.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:17 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Vote DebonairDannyDiPietro

I don't know why he waited to claim, why he insisted on having someone vote EL while he claimed, why he wants EL lynched first, or why he is now softclaiming miller.

I like the stuff he is throwing out to try to clear himself though... all very rare stuff like maybe EL is lyncher, maybe EL is insane, maybe DDD is a miller only he didn't know it??? Uh... none of it very common, and would make a mini very swingy and bastardly.

And I have no idea why Snix is buying into everything DDD is saying... stuff like this:
Snix wrote: Plus, if EL is Sam the Eagle it is more likely than not that he is not completely sane.
Why would Sam the Eagle be insane??
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:28 am

Post by charter »

I support a hammer.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:44 am

charter wrote:I support a hammer.
Freon.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:49 am

And after this we can still be friends charter, but I've got to say I'm going to lose a hefty amount of respect for that scumhunting prowess you like to brag about. Falling in-line behind someone else instead of believing me and finding the truth.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:57 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Eldritch Lord wrote:I'm just going to assume the rest of town is smart enough to lynch you DDD and you'll flip scum. Given this:

This game may have a PGO, but DDD defends charter's PGO claim which makes me think charter might be an unblockable killer trying to save his position -- still charter hasn't been very off-base so far with his reasoning, even if he did start a mislynch.

I have a question for the town, what if I assume there is a godfather or otherwise unblockable kill, then I'm done for tonight more than likely.

I could investigate charter, if I, too, explode in a similar fashion then you could consider charter's claim viable. This would be a situation of whose action comes first, the NK or the Investigation.

Or I could just investigate Elvis and hope I don't die but some god-given miracle in the night.
Investigation comes first. I think you targeting Charter is a fantastic idea.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:06 am

elvis_knits wrote:I like the stuff he is throwing out to try to clear himself though... all very rare stuff like maybe EL is lyncher, maybe EL is insane, maybe DDD is a miller only he didn't know it??? Uh... none of it very common, and would make a mini very swingy and bastardly.
I'm throwing it out there because I'm trying to find an explanation for something that doesn't make sense. I have one fact, that I'm town and EL's claim runs counter to that fact, so yeah, I'm looking for any explanation that actually explains the truth of the matter.

Since it seems like I can't get an EL lynch I might as well join Snix here. This is because you had a scum read on EL, a town read on me and you''re running away from your own written opinion.

Unvote; Vote: Elvis
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:06 am

Post by Ectomancer »

EBWOP: depending upon DDD's alignment.

DDD, none of your arguments overweigh the basic mafia situation we have, which is a claimed guilty on you. We lynch you and base what we do next upon your alignment. Flavor arguments and holding people to previous assessments, especially when you weren't all that town looking in the first place is just grasping at thin air.

Charter, I find it ironic for you to claim PGO and then question what other roles could be in this game, mini or not.

vote Danny
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:25 am

Post by charter »

Ugh, whatever, I'll just do this today instead of tomorrow. I'm not a PGO, I'm a compulsive vig. I killed ML last night.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:26 am

Post by charter »

So you can investigate me, and you'll get an innocent, or you can investigate ekim or ecto, and possibly get a guilty, and don't bother wasting an investigation on elvis.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”