ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:42 am

Post by ortolan »

also it is not the only ability I have
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:49 am

Post by Hoopla »

ortolan wrote:also it is not the only ability I have
What else can you do? :roll:
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:52 am

Post by ortolan »

cop (which I wasted n1 on Kast) and maybe one or two other things I haven't done yet.
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:01 am

Post by Hoopla »

ortolan wrote:cop (which I wasted n1 on Kast) and maybe one or two other things I haven't done yet.
How convenient. Rather than dragging this out, why not come out and claim Jack of All Trades, which is what you seem to be hinting at?

I honestly don't buy it, and am surprised how little scrutiny you've come under, especially for your D2 play. Your attempts to derail Synx's wagon were quite obvious and blatant. Here is a couple of good examples;
ortolan wrote:I would prefer a Synx to an Almaster lynch substantially.

Hoops seems to be lurking.

What do people think of Vaya? I actually get pretty scummy vibes after re-reading him.

Mod: please prod Hoopla
ortolan wrote:
EB (373) wrote:Then why no vote?
Because I might want to lynch someone else like Vaya or even Hoops.
EB (373) wrote:Not thrilled with everything he's done, but he reads town to me so far. What stands out?
Early game was lots of cross-questioning from him and setup speculation without taking much of a stand on anything. He only votes when prompted. Some of the dead (confirmed) townies also suspected him. It's quite possible he's not scum with Synx though.
--

Also, why vig WLC if you were suspicious of myself and Vaya? WLC seems like a pretty left-field pick for your vig choice.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:10 am

Post by ortolan »

I vigged WLC because he tried to divert the Synx wagon to Almaster (it is also why, if you'll notice, I in no way suspect Almaster of being mafia as I have pointed out today)

You really shouldn't have claimed vig tbh, you can't support your kill on Kast as a "vig" kill night one based on your posts day one. Notably he is consistently somewhat suspicious of
you
, but you never return the favour. Also notably, in 216 you seem to give a recap of your scum-reads and never mention him.

I have seemingly been unlucky/bad a bit with role actions. I investigated Kast on the same night he died and then vigged WLC night two. I suspect what happened is you and I both happened to target him on the same night. Either your kill method takes precedence over mine, or mine happens to be "shot" also. I would hope no-one would think I would claim scummy roleactions as I have done if I were indeed scum. I also wouldn't have any motivation to counter-claim you as I've done as scum, unless say there were a four man mafia and I'm seeking to end-game, which seems rather implausible to me.

And yes, I am a JOAT.

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:16 am

Post by ortolan »

Also I attempted a bad softclaim in 441-442 (before you claimed vig). First time I've tried it, and I couldn't think of an effective, subtle way of doing it earlier:
ortolan (441) wrote:I'm not sure why his kill method would be "shot" though.
ortolan (442) wrote:^^^ I must be going
soft
. EB's
claim
and response is scummy
That was a softclaim of my ViGGy action n2

Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:25 am

Post by Gorrad »

Look, there's a town miner and a scum miner. Therefore, the bomb is SK. Hoops may be a third scum, but EB's undoubtedly the SK.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:30 am

Post by Hoopla »

ortolan wrote: I have seemingly been unlucky/bad a bit with role actions. I investigated Kast on the same night he died and then vigged WLC night two. I suspect what happened is you and I both happened to target him on the same night. Either your kill method takes precedence over mine, or mine happens to be "shot" also. I would hope no-one would think I would claim scummy roleactions as I have done if I were indeed scum. I also wouldn't have any motivation to counter-claim you as I've done as scum, unless say there were a four man mafia and I'm seeking to end-game, which seems rather implausible to me.
I expected a wifom defense from you - so allow me to offer one of my own. Because nobody else has claimed any of the extra night-kills, you all know I am either a vig or SK. As SK, why would I come out and claim to prevent EB's death, when I could have easily got him mislynched, and got a free-pass into lylo?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:32 am

Post by Hoopla »

Gorrad wrote:Look, there's a town miner and a scum miner. Therefore, the bomb is SK. Hoops may be a third scum, but EB's undoubtedly the SK.
Are you serious? I'm claiming the extra kills.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:34 am

Post by ortolan »

Hoopla (457) wrote:As SK, why would I come out and claim to prevent EB's death, when I could have easily got him mislynched, and got a free-pass into lylo?
I am wondering that myself (really).

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:43 am

Post by ortolan »

I'm not confident I see a game with 3 scum out of 12 having a town tracker, JOAT, vig, wierd roleblockerish role and possibly whatever DDD was

Mod: was DDD's role Vanilla Town or...?

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:45 am

Post by ortolan »

and Hoops, can you explain why you targeted Kast N1?

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:46 am

Post by Hoopla »

To help Gorrad out: Nobody has claimed the kill of Kast, therefore it is mine. It is then a logical assumption that the matching kill method must also be my kill.

Kast, SPY - Tracker, shot night one!
WeyounsLastClone, MAJOR - 7 - MAFIA Goon, shot night two!

As mafia I would not shoot my partner WLC, so you must know I am either an SK or a Vigilante.

You have to remember, if I was mafia falsely claiming these kills I have just outed myself to the SK/Vig, which would be an absolutely stupid move. EB isn't an SK, sorry.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:48 am

Post by ortolan »

should we perhaps finish this massclaim we've started then decide who to lynch?

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:49 am

Post by charter »

ortolan wrote:
Mod: was DDD's role Vanilla Town or...?
Whoops, first post fixed (I had his role at the start of day two, just not the first post).
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:50 am

Post by ortolan »

thanks!

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:54 am

Post by Hoopla »

ortolan wrote:and Hoops, can you explain why you targeted Kast N1?
To be honest, I had no idea who scum was. My biggest suspicion was Synx, but I opted not to kill him, as I thought if he were town, the mafia would try to kill him. I saw that as a potentially wasteful situaton.

So, I decided to go by gut and take a shot at Kast. The percentages of him being scum over someone else were so slim in my mind, that I decided to kill based on (in my opinion) an anti-town posting style. He reminded me of Mastin.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:13 am

Post by Hoopla »

ElectricBadger: Are you a bomb as in, you only explode whoever targets you at night (and yourself I assume)? Or do explode someone who places a hammer vote on you too?
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:49 pm

Post by Gorrad »

...GOT IT!

Ok. That explains things.

Unvote, Vote: Hoopla

There's two bombs. One is scum.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:07 pm

Post by Hoopla »

What are you talking about? Why on earth would bombs be scum?

My current understanding is that EB is a PGO. These are almost always town.

In stratego, bombs don't ever move. It would be fucking stupid if bomb roles got night choices. Stop and think for a minute please.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:19 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

I'm so confused right now. I just read the sequence after the massclaim three times and nothing makes sense. Why is Hoopla a bomb? Why does Hoopla HAVE to be a bomb to be scum? Couldn't she just be a SK (which I'm presuming is what we're going for)? Why does the fact that Gorrad is a Miner make all of this true? What happened to Vaya?

Explain please, thanks.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:14 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Hoopla, a bomb is anti-town because I'm town and have a role that's anti-bomb.

Almaster, see above. There's obviously an anti-town bomb because of my role. If Hoopla is NOT a bomb, then there's a fourth anti-town role which is a bomb.
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:38 pm

Post by ElectricBadger »

AlmasterGM wrote:I'm so confused right now.
This. I need to do a serious re-read of this whole business, which won't happen until this weekend, but so far this looks like Gorrad made a horrible blunder of a scum gambit to out the bomb and mislynch, and is now pushing it in the face of all counter claims.

I'm just unsure why he tried it.
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:42 pm

Post by ElectricBadger »

One thought - Gorrad, having identified me as the bomb, why didn't you pursue another possible scum suspect and target me during the night? That would have given town the best chance of dead scum, rather than initiating a counterclaim and using the lynch on me.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:51 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Gorrad wrote:Hoopla, a bomb is anti-town because I'm town and have a role that's anti-bomb.

Almaster, see above. There's obviously an anti-town bomb because of my role. If Hoopla is NOT a bomb, then there's a fourth anti-town role which is a bomb.
You're unbelievable. I can't believe the craplogic you're peddling. I seriously hope you don't believe this.

The bomb is a bomb - it's a paranoid gun owner. It explodes someone who targets it. It is a town-role, despite usually being a detriment (as there are more town actions flying around at night, ergo more chance of town hitting it).

You said you don't know what your role does, right? I bet you defuse the bomb and stop it killing anyone that targets it. It's a much better theory than thinking it's an SK,
when I am the one that claimed the kills

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”