Mini 833 - Empire at War(The game is over?)

Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:20 pm

Post by Kdub »

Sajin wrote:I pointed out the largest differences between the two of them.
Please show me where you did this.

Your reason for not posting about them seems strange. Why is it easier for you to catch scum if you wait to see where everyone stands before sharing your opinion? Did you gain anything from doing that? Don't you agree that scum would want to play that way as well so they can use knowledge of other players' opinions to decide which side to take in order to look the most town after Krer/Reck flipped?

I was not voting Reckoner most of the day because I wanted to hear more from him and his answers to questioning. By the time I decided Reckoner was likely scum (post 603), MacavityLock had made his post about his ability that could confirm him as town, so I wanted to hear that before the day ended. The lack of vote counts at the time didn't help.

I already said I thought zwet was neutral. I wish he would post more content instead of one-liners, but I don't have any reason to think he is likely to be one alignment or the other. I still need to reread Starbuck to decide whether she or Furry are more suspicious or have stronger links to you. The fact that she was V/LA for most of D2 is annoying. Actually, I'd be interested to hear Furry and Starbuck's current opinion of you at the moment.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:55 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Sajin, re: my double vote, I would like to make a quick point before I slink back to my recovery ward. (I'm feeling better, so I should be full strength in a day or 2.)
If I'm scum, then zwet must be scum too.
Note my actions and his at the end of yesterday: I offer to not only secret vote, but also double vote. I also tell EVERYBODY to stop voting. zwet votes anyway.

Now from your perspective, there are 4 possibilities:
1) ML-town, zwet-town: I'm telling the truth about my double-vote, zwet is a jackass.
2) ML-town, zwet-scum: I'm telling the truth about my double-vote, zwet is either a jackass or voted specifically to mess with me.
3) ML-scum, zwet-town: I offered to, but can't double-vote. By pure coincidence, zwet voted, thus ensuring that I didn't have to prove it. Man, I am lucky!
4) ML-scum, zwet-scum: I offered to, but can't double-vote. In a concerted tactic, zwet voted to ensure that I didn't have to prove it.

Obviously, from my perspective, I know that cases 3 and 4 aren't true, but I'm going through the motions. But, let's examine them. Case 3 is
massively
unlikely, and I would've been sweating out every second that Sera was away. So, can we all agree that Case 3 isn't true? If so, then we're left with 3 options:
ML-town, zwet-town.
ML-town, zwet-scum.
ML-scum, zwet-scum.

Thus, if I'm scum, zwet
must
be scum. If I'm not scum, zwet could still be scum. Therefore, until zwet is dead, any vote to lynch me (which don't exist yet, but may if people are stupid) should be a vote to lynch zwet.

A corollary of this: Assuming a 3 scum single anti-town group, which I think we are, the only possible person who could be my scum-buddy is zwet. So, if
anyone else
flips scum, I cannot be scum.

A second corollary of this: If zwet flips town, I am 100% knock-it-out-of-the-park confirmed.

Logic'd.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:28 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

I don't see how counting my random voting patterns as logic somehow backs your "OOH I'M OBVTOWN" argument.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:29 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Voting when I specifically asked everybody not to vote is not random.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:31 am

I hammer. That's just what I do.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:46 pm

Post by Slicey »

zwet, stop being retarded. >_>

Also, I'm going to be semi
V/LA
now that KH 358/2 Days came out.
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Note: V/LA most weekends, sorry.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:53 pm

How am I being retawdeth?
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:03 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Vote count tomorrow, going to bed now.
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:34 pm

Post by Sajin »

Kdub wrote:
I did in my very last post addressed to you as well as what Mcavity brought up just before. I pointed out several things with leading questions to both Reck and Krer.

@Zwett- Why would having a double vote make Mcavity less likely town in your eyes?
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:35 am

Post by Furry »

Starbuck wrote:
Furry wrote:
Starbuck wrote:Do me a favor, and do not tell me to focus. I see the 1v1 and I'm not ignoring it.
This also shows that the "one must be scum" thing is going to be ignored. That will never get more clear then it is at this point, one has to be scum, so you lynch one of them.
I said that I wasn't ignoring it, so how does it show that it will be ignored?
This game, to a certain extent, is a game of odds. When you have a player claiming what ammounted to "X is scum", either player A or B is scum. You are not even trying to figure out which of A or B is scum when you have a 50-50 shot even if you went and threw a dart. Getting a 1-1 is actually rare, and should be exploited when it can be.
Furry wrote:
Starbuck wrote:My reasoning being that the flavor that Reck gave about Zwet matches mine. Also, Krer has been very over the top, overaggressive, and trying way too hard to make himself look town.
We get reasoning now, even though its weak. Kre is scum because of flavor of reck (who is revealed as lying) matches SBs. Kre is also scum because he is agressive
Where did I say that Kre was scum? Yes, I was wrong, but I never said anything more than that I leaned towards Kre.
You called him scum for weak reasoning. He claimed first (which outside of lylo is usually who is telling the truth), his flavor made more sense, you backed it with more weak reasoning, and you didnt take his side strongly is a tell. Kre was not going to be the lynch if it became a forced 1-1, given that he was about 90% chance of being the town in that pairing. The best way to delay that lynch would of been to try and get someone else lynched instead of kre, while trying to deflect from the wagon a little, before hoping town botches lylo, or at least give reck another day.
Temporary unretired alt
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:50 am

Post by Starbuck »

Well, I do think I found scum and since the town was already found one. I continued to scumhunt for another and I think I found one with you.

I NEVER CALLED KRE SCUM. Quit putting words in my mouth. I was trying to get you lynched because I do believe you to be scum and your latest weak post about me is just adding more to it.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:50 am

Post by Starbuck »

EDBWOP: "Well I do think I found scum, and since the town already found one, I continued to scumhunt for another, and..."
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:59 am

Post by Furry »

Starbuck wrote:Well, I do think I found scum and since the town was already found one. I continued to scumhunt for another and I think I found one with you.
So is this you claiming that you thought that reck was scum and decided to play off that assumption and just call me scum instead of getting scum lynched? I am all for making assumptions based off reads, but I dont try and lynch player B for being scum with A unless A is dead scum.
I NEVER CALLED KRE SCUM. Quit putting words in my mouth. I was trying to get you lynched because I do believe you to be scum and your latest weak post about me is just adding more to it.
You would of lynched kre over reck. You called him scummier out of a 1-1. That equates to kre is scum, reck is town. You notice the 1-1, you acknowledge the 1-1, you call someone scummier out of the 1-1, and you dont vote of them. There was a SPECIFIC scenario where one of two were scum, you slightly backed the scum of the two, and then went off somewhere else when the chance of a lynch not being one of those two was basically so low it could of been ignored.
Temporary unretired alt
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:03 am

Post by Starbuck »

Was my vote on either Kre or Reck? It was not. It was placed on you.

I never said I would lynch Kre over Reck. You are still putting words in my mouth. I said all along that I wasn't sure. Both had been scummy at one point or another, just because someone flipped town doesn't mean that they weren't acting scummy. I said I was LEANING TOWARDS Kre, and since I was not sure I did not place a vote.

To me, you were acting more scummy than either Kre or Reck which was why my vote was on you.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:03 am

Post by Starbuck »

And in addition to that, you still are acting more scummy than either of them.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:23 am

I was certain they were bussing. The argument is pointless.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:35 am

Post by Starbuck »

It IS pointless. I completely agree. I don't understand why Furry keeps on bringing it up.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:47 am

He's...well...a furry!
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:04 pm

Post by Furry »

zwetschenwasser wrote:He's...well...a furry!
Is that a shot? I really dont want to get into a culture/lifestyle debate in games.

@SB - How does "I was leaning to kre" not the same thing as "I would vote kre over reck"
Temporary unretired alt
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:13 pm

It eez a jokez
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:32 pm

Post by Seraphim »

A stormtrooper suddenly came to a realization. He stood up, finger pointing triumphantly in the air. He stood there, arms spread wide and said:

"This is my only line."

Vote Count

Starbuck(2)
- Furry, Slicey
Sajin(0)
-
Slicey(0)
-
Kdub (0)
-
zwetschenwasser(0)
-
MacavityLock(0)
-
Furry(2)
- Starbuck, Kdub
Not Voting(3)
- Sajin, zwetschenwasser, MacavityLock

Deadline: 10/10/09
With 7 alive, it is 4 to lynch
Last edited by Seraphim on Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:56 pm

Post by Kdub »

Sajin wrote:
Kdub wrote:
I did in my very last post addressed to you as well as what Mcavity brought up just before. I pointed out several things with leading questions to both Reck and Krer.
I thought it was implied that I wanted you to show me where you pointed out the main differences between them
before
we lynched Reckoner. Doing it after they are both dead doesn't really help, does it?

Mod: my vote is on Sajin

Fixed.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:04 pm

Post by Slicey »

Furry wrote:
@SB - How does "I was leaning to kre" not the same thing as "I would vote kre over reck"
This. 100% this.

I want everyone's opinion on SB and Furry right now.
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:33 pm

Post by Sajin »

Kdub wrote:
Sajin wrote:
Kdub wrote:
I thought it was implied that I wanted you to show me where you pointed out the main differences between them
before
we lynched Reckoner. Doing it after they are both dead doesn't really help, does it?

Mod: my vote is on Sajin
I posted before the lynch, most of those referenced posts were before the lynch. Did you even read the referenced posts?

You on the other hand did not comment much on krer/reck and you are not commenting on starbuck/Furry now. Your fencesitting here.

You have Furry who attacked you yesterday and Starbuck who ignored and voted elsewhere on the 1v1. Why would you ignore them?

@Slicey- I think that statement is odd too. Particularly because he stayed off the lynch. It sounds like starbuck was leaving his options open in case the votes starting turning favorable to him so he could save a partner.

On the other hand I dislike how furry has dodged my question.

In any case, I am not voting yet because 1) I want Kdub's opinion and 2) I want Mcavitylock to prove his ability and that takes 2 vote slots. and 3) No quick hammers. We have a lot of days left.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:36 pm

Post by Slicey »

zwetschenwasser wrote:How am I being retawdeth?
Stop going after ML.

If we lynch Starbuck and she's town, then we have two very, very likely scum in Kdub and Furry. That's 3 scum, equaling a town win. If we lynch Starbuck and she's scum, that's one less scum we have to worry about, and we can focus on Sajin/Kdub tomorrow.

I can't see any downside in lynching Starbuck, even if she is town (which I doubt.)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”