StrangerCoug's Worst Nightmare: D├®j├á Bastard (Game over!)

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:46 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

VOTE COUNT

Datadanne (3): Faraday, Bogre, Muffin
Malcolm (1): OpposedForce
~Jordan` (3): Malcolm, Fishythefish, X_~
RayFrost (2): Mufasa, ~Jordan`
Tjoe Min Ja (2): Col.Cathart, Raivann
X_~ (1): Sociopath
Not voting (5): Datadanne, Drench, Tjoe Min Ja, LlamaFluff, RayFrost

With
players alive, it takes
players to lynch.

#107 does not count as Fishythefish didn't unvote ~Jordan` first.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

Looking for a co-mod to help me finish What Were You Thinking XV! PM me if interested.
Tjoe Min Ja
Tjoe Min Ja
Goon
Tjoe Min Ja
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:49 pm

Post by Tjoe Min Ja »

Col.Cathart wrote:Cool.

unvote

Vote: Tjoe Min Ja

Because of his last post. It seems like he's trying to take two random people from the bandwagon and make them look as guilty as possible.
it true that there are other people who vote data...but these two are the ones that attract my attention more.

@col -120 : that's right
@ravinn : do you really think I'm scummy or you just OMGUSing and follow col cathart?
Show
If you pick a fight with one Goblin, be ready to fight them all.
------ESL------
Finish game :
Mini 838: Jeopardy in Jefferson -over- Town - lose
Mini 839 -- Mafia Invasion! -over- scum win
Mini 840. Tajo's I love you Mafia -over- scum - win
StrangerCoug's Worst Nightmare: D├â┬®j├â┬á Bastard -over- Town - win
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:42 pm

Post by Bogre »

Tjoe indeed looks scummy there.
Show
Murder, Corruption, Betrayal.
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Scum do it in the Shadows.
X_~
X_~
Townie
X_~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:30 pm

Post by X_~ »

Bandwagoning data created reactions. Now I got 3 more people I suspect (Tjoe + the 2 he called out)
I do not know if this is what Llamafluff intended to happen or not. I am 50/50 on you, Llama. I don't understand why people are listening to everything you say.

The Tjoe issue, what I immediatly thought was that, out of everyone that bandwagoned, he chose 1 town+1 mafia to call out.

FoS Tjoe.

Llama, what do you think of Tjoe? Do the people he called out stand out for you as well?
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:37 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

X_~ wrote:I do not know if this is what Llamafluff intended to happen or not. I am 50/50 on you, Llama. I don't understand why people are listening to everything you say.
I intended the wagon to go like it did. If he claimed miller/digger I would of called for his lynch due to improbability of me randomly picking a investigation manipulator. Also people always tend to listen to me, its a gift in this game.
Llama, what do you think of Tjoe? Do the people he called out stand out for you as well?
Not a bad lynch. For the two he talked about, CC bugs me a little, dont have a decent read on raiv at this point. I still want to look at drench and jordan first before I vote/make a case.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:49 pm

Post by Col.Cathart »

LlamaFluff wrote:Not a bad lynch. For the two he talked about, CC bugs me a little, dont have a decent read on raiv at this point. I still want to look at drench and jordan first before I vote/make a case.
For the record: Tjoe called out Raivann and Muffin. He never spoke about me, but since it looked bullshit to me, I reacted.
TMJ wrote:t true that there are other people who vote data...
but these two are the ones that attract my attention more.
Why?
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:41 pm

Post by Muffin »

I'll be honest with you guys... I'm a little intimidated by the large game. This is not an attempt to play the newbie card, but could anyone give advice on how to keep track of 17 players? I find I have to go back and re read constantly because I can't follow the discussion.
One's self-meta cannot be known without invalidating it.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:35 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

StrangerCoug wrote:
#107 does not count as Fishythefish didn't unvote ~Jordan` first.
Thanks.
unvote, vote: Drench
~Jordan`
~Jordan`
Goon
~Jordan`
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:11 am

Post by ~Jordan` »

wow I completely missed that...though its nothing to be amazed at.

@Raivann my defin of bullish is around the same as illogical, except...i can't say it means illogical either...lol.

1 sec...
kick logic to the curb and do the impossible!
~Jordan`
~Jordan`
Goon
~Jordan`
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:17 am

Post by ~Jordan` »

Tjoe Min Ja wrote:
Raivann wrote:
Vote:Datadanne
I like wagons. Llama seems pretty confident in this being a good wagon so what the hell.
Muffin wrote:All right Llama, I'll bite. My vote was random anyways.

unvote
vote: Datadanne
what are you two thinking? wanna get data lynched quick?
Raivann wrote:Maybe if Llama gets Data lynched day 1 he wins or something.
unvote
doesn't sure that Data can be lynched quick enough?
this post is scummy post? It hardly makes any sense ("doesnt sure"?)
Tjoe Min Ja wrote:

unvote

Because of his last post. It seems like he's trying to take two random people from the bandwagon and make them look as guilty as possible.
it true that there are other people who vote data...but these two are the ones that attract my attention more.

@ravinn : do you really think I'm scummy or you just OMGUSing and follow col cathart?
This interests me, as it holds no valid defense and instead performs a very stagnant attempt to change the subject. He again speaks out to a bandwagoner though he is the one in the hot seat.

unvote, vote Tjoe Min Ja

Mind you, I haven't gotten a single lynch right on mafiascum yet, and am quite embarrassed by this. I havent participated in many lynches, but nonetheless...
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:48 am

Post by Drench »

Before I go see what I missed, just something I noticed.
~Jordan` wrote:
unvote, vote Tjoe Min Ja

Mind you, I haven't gotten a single lynch right on mafiascum yet, and am quite embarrassed by this. I havent participated in many lynches, but nonetheless...
I'm sorry, but why exactly are you saying that? When you vote someone, you are voting for their lynch. You need to be sure. This, on the other hand, just sounds like scum trying to look innocent and when the person flips town/neutral. But, assuming Jordanscum, she seems pretty sure Tjoe is town. She's also playing the newbie card juuust a tiny bit here, which I don't like.
join your union
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:07 am

Post by Drench »

Fishythefish wrote:Drench's posts so far:
- Voting the mod, unhelpful.
Conceded.
Fishythefish wrote:- Asking questions to Data and Jordan which had already been asked repeatedly
Data has never answered the question I posed. Asked or not, it needed to be answered, whether you disagree with it or not. It was indeed answered in his latest post, which is good. I concede Jordan's. Meh, failread, I guess.
Fishythefish wrote:- Asking Llama questions with obvious and uninformative answers, the second of which is rolefishing

No. Just no. The motivation behind my two questions were a) "Let's confirm what I suspect..." and b) "Let's follow up." To be more specific, I suspected that Llama was saying that in response to the Data-wagon, which was rapidly increasing in size. I thought that he was saying the rate at which people were piling on was entertaining. This was my motivation in asking both questions.
Fishythefish wrote:- Telling Muffin to stop posting fluff
I don't like not-serious games. It distracts me from the game, and that, along with wall-o-texts is what contributes most to me flaking, which I don't want. Sorry for trying to play!
Fishythefish wrote:All in all, he has done no scumhunting at all, and a bit of rolefishing.
Covered this
Fishythefish wrote:His questions to Llama look like an attempt to distract from the Data wagon, which is a good source of information at this point.
Covered this.
Fishythefish wrote:If I know anything for sure, it is that Drench is scum.
So, you're completely sure? From
4 flipping pages
? WELL DONE! I'll make sure to bring this up if you unvote! Because if anything's sure to you, it's that I am scum!

Tjoe-wagon: Meh, I personally am not getting much scumfeeling from him, and I don't believe his post was that bad. Added that to Jordan's little embellishment down the bottom of his post, I don't believe it's worthy of a vote.
join your union
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:45 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Drench wrote:
4 flipping pages
? WELL DONE! I'll make sure to bring this up if you unvote! Because if anything's sure to you, it's that I am scum!
This was horribly misphrased by me, and I withdraw it completely. All I meant was "Drench is my strongest read, and it's a reasonably strong read". I certainly didn't mean to imply certainty.

So, your questions to Llama ask him what he found entertaining, suspecting it was the number of people on the wagon. Now, it was pretty clear that this was the case, and I really can't see any scumhunting value in your questions. What were you hoping to gain?

I don't mean to criticise your mod-voting, question-repetition or fluff-criticism per se - but when there is no real attempt at scumhunting in any of your posts, and you are accusing another player of posting fluff, that looks bad to me.
Tjoe Min Ja
Tjoe Min Ja
Goon
Tjoe Min Ja
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:10 am

Post by Tjoe Min Ja »

Drench wrote:Before I go see what I missed, just something I noticed.
~Jordan` wrote:
unvote, vote Tjoe Min Ja

I'm sorry, but why exactly are you saying that? When you vote someone, you are voting for their lynch. You need to be sure. This, on the other hand, just sounds like scum trying to look innocent and when the person flips town/neutral. But, assuming Jordanscum, she seems pretty sure Tjoe is town. She's also playing the newbie card juuust a tiny bit here, which I don't like.
@Jordan : it's just like what Drench said...you can't join voting just because you haven't lynch someone

@CC - 130 : because they join bandwagoning easily
Show
If you pick a fight with one Goblin, be ready to fight them all.
------ESL------
Finish game :
Mini 838: Jeopardy in Jefferson -over- Town - lose
Mini 839 -- Mafia Invasion! -over- scum win
Mini 840. Tajo's I love you Mafia -over- scum - win
StrangerCoug's Worst Nightmare: D├â┬®j├â┬á Bastard -over- Town - win
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:31 am

Post by Drench »

Fishythefish wrote:
Drench wrote:
4 flipping pages
This was horribly misphrased by me, and I withdraw it completely. All I meant was "Drench is my strongest read, and it's a reasonably strong read". I certainly didn't mean to imply certainty.
Okay, I understand.
Fishythefish wrote:So, your questions to Llama ask him what he found entertaining, suspecting it was the number of people on the wagon. Now, it was pretty clear that this was the case, and I really can't see any scumhunting value in your questions. What were you hoping to gain?
I inferred that if he was already saying 'this is entertaining', then he must already have put together some ideas and/or conclusions. I wanted to hear these ideas/conclusions, which would have obviously brought more to the table and given us more info to work with.
Fishythefish wrote:I don't mean to criticise your mod-voting, question-repetition or fluff-criticism per se - but when there is no real attempt at scumhunting in any of your posts, and you are accusing another player of posting fluff, that looks bad to me.
I see what you mean. Sorry for making you think I was criticizing you: please rest assured, as it may be, that I wasn't.
join your union
~Jordan`
~Jordan`
Goon
~Jordan`
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:21 am

Post by ~Jordan` »

Well actually i was trying to imply that my vote somehow always ends in bad luck/always wrong. But I see what you mean.

I made my vote b/c Tjoe is a player I find suspicious. Its only the third vote in such a bandwagon, so I did it mostly to increase pressure (isn't that what we're supposed to do?)
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:27 am

Post by SocioPath »

~Jordan` wrote:this post is scummy post? It hardly makes any sense ("doesnt sure"?)
Calling out about use of the English language a case does not make.
The intent of the post is clear enough, replace 'doesnt sure' with 'I'm not sure'

Only when people fail to understand you is when the language barrier starts to matter, and its been pointed out was Tjoe meant.
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:17 am

Post by Bogre »

UNVOTE

VOTE: ~X

You're FOSing like crazy.

I think that comes from an unwillingness to vote and look suspicious.
Show
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:48 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Urgh. Jordan's recent posts are scumtastic.
~Jordan` wrote:this post is scummy post? It hardly makes any sense ("doesnt sure"?)
Asking other people whether a post is scummy? Feels like you're looking for a safe way to join a wagon. Made worse by the fact that the post in question is not scummy, and certainly not scummy for the reason you give. Indeed, it hardly seems like an accusation made in good faith to call a post scummy for its use of English.

Jordan wrote:
Tjoe Min Ja wrote:

unvote

This interests me, as it holds no valid defense and instead performs a very stagnant attempt to change the subject. He again speaks out to a bandwagoner though he is the one in the hot seat.

unvote, vote Tjoe Min Ja
What is wrong with accusing a bandwagoner of OMGUS and following? Raivann didn't explain his vote beyond "that post was as scummy as it gets". As for a defense, it is true that he doesn't provide one. But did you read the attack? I think the meaning of "attracted my attention" is very clear here, although I'll let TMJ answer this.
Jordan wrote:Mind you, I haven't gotten a single lynch right on mafiascum yet, and am quite embarrassed by this. I havent participated in many lynches, but nonetheless...
Distancing yourself from your vote, by establishing a meta which lets you mislynch with impunity.
Drench wrote:I inferred that if he was already saying 'this is entertaining', then he must already have put together some ideas and/or conclusions. I wanted to hear these ideas/conclusions, which would have obviously brought more to the table and given us more info to work with.
Hmmm. My reading of "This is entertaining" was rather different from yours, more as a throwaway comment about how llama was enjoying his wagon. But I can see where you are coming from.

My dislike of Drench's posts is somewhat placated, and my suspicions of Jordan increase.

unvote, vote: Jordan
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:53 am

Post by Raivann »

Drench wrote: Tjoe-wagon: Meh, I personally am not getting much scumfeeling from him, and I don't believe his post was that bad. Added that to Jordan's little embellishment down the bottom of his post, I don't believe it's worthy of a vote.
My first game as scum I tried to cast suspicion on players by accusing them of wanting a quicklynch.
Actually I do want a quicklynch of Tjoe.
Digestion only feeds...This abomination breathes!
~Jordan`
~Jordan`
Goon
~Jordan`
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:26 pm

Post by ~Jordan` »

Fishythefish wrote:Urgh. Jordan's recent posts are scumtastic.
Asking other people whether a post is scummy? Feels like you're looking for a safe way to join a wagon. Made worse by the fact that the post in question is not scummy, and certainly not scummy for the reason you give. Indeed, it hardly seems like an accusation made in good faith to call a post scummy for its use of English.

Jordan wrote:
Tjoe Min Ja wrote:

unvote

unvote, vote Tjoe Min Ja
What is wrong with accusing a bandwagoner of OMGUS and following? Raivann didn't explain his vote beyond "that post was as scummy as it gets". As for a defense, it is true that he doesn't provide one. But did you read the attack? I think the meaning of "attracted my attention" is very clear here, although I'll let TMJ answer this.
Jordan wrote:Mind you, I haven't gotten a single lynch right on mafiascum yet, and am quite embarrassed by this. I havent participated in many lynches, but nonetheless...
Distancing yourself from your vote, by establishing a meta which lets you mislynch with impunity.

unvote, vote: Jordan
sigh. I hate it when people just assume things.

First off, you say in so many words that I deliberately mislynch in other mafias just to have an effect on my meta. That is stupid. I'm not that stupid.

Whats wrong w/ Tjoe's response is basically how it is simply a pointless retorical question. What gain does it give?

But you say I may have misunderstood something. I'll wait for that.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:50 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

~Jordan` wrote:First off, you say in so many words that I deliberately mislynch in other mafias just to have an effect on my meta. That is stupid. I'm not that stupid.
No, I don't mean that you deliberately mislynch in other games. I mean that you brought that up here - and the natural reason for that is to excuse mislynches here.
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:01 pm

Post by Bogre »

~Jordan` wrote:Well actually i was trying to imply that my vote somehow always ends in bad luck/always wrong. But I see what you mean.

I made my vote b/c Tjoe is a player I find suspicious. Its only the third vote in such a bandwagon, so I did it mostly to increase pressure (isn't that what we're supposed to do?)
Yes, but it looks like you're trying to start a bandwagon without actually believing in it.

Or maybe you know they're town.
Show
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

X_~
X_~
Townie
X_~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by X_~ »

Bogre wrote:
UNVOTE

VOTE: ~X

You're FOSing like crazy.

I think that comes from an unwillingness to vote and look suspicious.
No. Lurking and not contributing is crazy.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Bumping the count over to the next page.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

Looking for a co-mod to help me finish What Were You Thinking XV! PM me if interested.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”