Mini 857 Disney Movie Mafia 2 - The Classics (Roll Credits)

LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:37 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Vote Count

MonkeyMan576 (4) - Starbuck, StrangerCoug, Crazy, semioldguy
Gorrad (2) - kmd4390, Brandi
Crazy (2) - ZONEACE, chamber
Brandi (2) - MonkeyMan576, Gorrad

Not Voting (2) - fuzzylightning, Jazzmyn

Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:10 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Brandi wrote:@SC: You do know that Gorrad already said that the ONLY reason he DID NOT RANDOM VOTE, was because he just "didn't feel like it." Correct? Regardless of what resulted from his non-vote, he did not have any specific intentions.
That seems to be why Kmd4390 is not satisfied by what I'm giving him...
Brandi wrote:Also I did post a semi-lengthy post at the end of page 4 right before the mod did a vote count, in case anyone missed it or got distracted because of the discussion on this page.
I saw that post of yours, and I do find it well-reasoned. I have yet to see Gorrad do much.
chamber wrote:I don't like his actions but 1: I don't think they justify the personal attacks hes getting directed at him and 2: I don't think its very indicative of his alignment.
Minor FoS: chamber
. 1 is understandable, but 2 comes off a little as buddying him.
Kmd4390 wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:Well,
I
certainly don't think Gorrad's scummy at this point, Kmd4390. You were the first person to post something that pays any attention to it, and nobody said anything toward you regarding the matter until you asked us for our opinions. The scummy/not scummy discussion bit is something you started, not Gorrad.
Then WHAT discussion was he starting? You are saying he didn't vote because he wanted to start discussion. I don't see anything.
Hint: They're called reactions.
WHAT reactions? I still don't see anything that came from this?
What do you expect me to give you, a 25-page report on him? I am not Gorrad; therefore, I cannot tell you his thought processes other than what he has said already about them. I can make educated guesses, but even those are wrong. If there were no reactions to what he did, this conversation would not be happening.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:34 pm

Post by fuzzylightning »

As has been said multiple times already, this is not a place where we are all buddy-buddy all the time. This is a game, and we are all playing to win. If you can't handle accusations being thrown at you, be they warranted or unwarranted, then you should ask to be replaced and allow someone who can handle it to play in your stead.

Monkey, by sitting out in protest you are not helping the town at all. As such, I will
vote: Monkeyman576
for being generally unhelpful to the town and stalling further discussion of anything in this game because of your protest.

Gorrad, you say you randomly didn't vote, but it is quite evident that you made a conscious decision not to vote in the RVS, so why would you play it off like that?
2-1 as Town (including the 39 minute final day)
0-1 as Mafia
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:39 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

fuzzylightning wrote:As has been said multiple times already, this is not a place where we are all buddy-buddy all the time. This is a game, and we are all playing to win. If you can't handle accusations being thrown at you, be they warranted or unwarranted, then you should ask to be replaced and allow someone who can handle it to play in your stead.

Monkey, by sitting out in protest you are not helping the town at all. As such, I will
vote: Monkeyman576
for being generally unhelpful to the town and stalling further discussion of anything in this game because of your protest.

Gorrad, you say you randomly didn't vote, but it is quite evident that you made a conscious decision not to vote in the RVS, so why would you play it off like that?
I'm not expecting anyone to be buddy buddy with me, but if someone is overreaching an argument early in day 1 I *am* going to protest. Since she, nor anyone else, was listening to reason, I was forced to try other tactics.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:59 pm

Post by semioldguy »

Your other tactics are scummy.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:05 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

semioldguy wrote:Your other tactics are scummy.
Then lynch me, you obviously aren't going to listen to me. Don't be suprised when I flip town though.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:12 pm

Post by Starbuck »

@Chamber - What personal attacks? There are none. We are not attacking his person (i.e. ad hom), we are attacking his actions, which is what mafia is all about. Monkey is not a newbie, I've played with him before and he has NEVER pulled this type of crap.

I was trying to pull us out of RVS and I did but now it's turned into drama central because Monkey can't handle accusations on him or did we very well catch scum? I think we did and I think your overdefensiveness of him puts you right in the spotlight along side him.

He has thus overreacted to a very small situation, and turned into a huge one and is distracting the town from focusing on other things.

@Monkey - Nobody is following me. If they agree, they are acting of their own accord. I just wanted you to discuss it and be a part of the game. If you are town, you are doing nothing but hurting us with your display of immaturity and childishness. I would be the first one to vouch that you have played otherwise in every other game I've played with you. The way you are acting is so unlike you that I am thinking we caught scum. Instead of having a temper tantrum about all this, you need to man up, be active, and discuss, otherwise do us a favor and get replaced so we have someone who wants to be here.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:26 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

I'm more than willing to discuss, but I'm not going to be lectured by you, the princess of maturity.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:08 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Jazzmyn wrote:Gorrad: I don't understand your vote on Brandi, as you seem to be voting for her for agreeing with Kmd, and yet you give Kmd a pass. That doesn't really make sense to me. Can you please explain the rationale behind that?
Certainly. KMD did something stupid. Stupid isn't scummy. What is scummy is seeing someone make a stupid early-game attack and agree with them in a non-committal way. This allows the scummy player to jump off if the attack loses steam and push on if it does not.
fuzzylightning wrote:Gorrad, you say you randomly didn't vote, but it is quite evident that you made a conscious decision not to vote in the RVS, so why would you play it off like that?
Other than a die role, no random vote is truly random. They're all conscious decisions. My post was no different. It was a decision, but my choice to not vote was no more influenced than someone's choice to vote.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:14 pm

Post by chamber »

Starbuck wrote:@Chamber - What personal attacks? There are none. We are not attacking his person (i.e. ad hom), we are attacking his actions, which is what mafia is all about. Monkey is not a newbie, I've played with him before and he has NEVER pulled this type of crap.
Brandi wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:I am here. I am choosing not to respond in protest, which is what I originally said.
If you don't like the wagon on you, then do something about it. "Protesting" is asinine and doesn't do anything to help the town. If you really feel that we are somehow being "unfair" then realize that this is a game, and sometimes "unfair" things happen. Sitting out and pouting until things go your way is something that a
petulant child
would do.
Brandi wrote:
chamber wrote:You guys are being ridiculous. Could he handle it better then he is ? Yes. Is his reaction completely understandable anyway? Yes.
I agree that feeling discouraged or even possibly wronged (if he is town) is understandable. But his ACTIONS because of such are NOT. He signed up for this game, to play it, and regardless of his alignment, he is expected to play in this game. Not sit on the sidelines of the game and
cry like a 6 year old feeling sorry for himself
. If he can't handle it, he should at least have the decency to ask for a replacement. SOG is being spot-on in calling him a hypocrite.
In my opinion being compared directly to a 6 year old would be far more insulting than swear words being directed in my direction. Also in general there is an extremely negative feeling in every post directed at him. Not the most player friendly enviroment I can think of. Certainly not a good way to get him posting again. Though he has anyway so congrats to him.
Taking a break from the site.
MonkeySudo
MonkeySudo
Townie
MonkeySudo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:55 am

Post by MonkeySudo »

Unvote:
Vote: Semioldguy

He's attacked my posting, yet he's only posted like four times so far, and it's all pretty much been related to me(ie following Starbuck). He's been doing no scumhunting on his own.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:56 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Sorry, alt

Unvote
Vote: Semioldguy
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:02 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

StrangerCoug wrote: Nothing seems off. Some players dislike random voting and will use other means to generate discussion (for example, The Fonz asks everybody questions).
SC wrote:What do you expect me to give you, a 25-page report on him? I am not Gorrad; therefore, I cannot tell you his thought processes other than what he has said already about them. I can make educated guesses, but even those are wrong. If there were no reactions to what he did, this conversation would not be happening.
Thanks for conceding your original point.

----------------------

I'm actually starting to see Monkey as town..
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:01 am

Post by Brandi »

@chamber: A spade is a spade. My descriptions of how I view the situation and his recent behavior are quite accurate. Those are not personal attacks, as I have not insulted him as a person. I have insulted his actions, and rightfully so. If my behavior was as hideous as Monkey's display, I would love it for someone to show me the error of my ways that I might change them for the better. Perhaps I should have kept my strong opinions to myself, but it looks like Monkey is actually make an effort to join us so I don't feel as though it was entirely pointless.

If you've noticed, I have been more so trying to push him to participate because I do not feel he should be today's lynch. He is currently not the scummiest player here. (My current read on Monkey would be scummy, leaning neutral)

@Monkey: Who do you think is town?
MonkeySudo
MonkeySudo
Townie
MonkeySudo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:03 am

Post by MonkeySudo »

Brandi wrote:@chamber: A spade is a spade. My descriptions of how I view the situation and his recent behavior are quite accurate. Those are not personal attacks, as I have not insulted him as a person. I have insulted his actions, and rightfully so. If my behavior was as hideous as Monkey's display, I would love it for someone to show me the error of my ways that I might change them for the better. Perhaps I should have kept my strong opinions to myself, but it looks like Monkey is actually make an effort to join us so I don't feel as though it was entirely pointless.

If you've noticed, I have been more so trying to push him to participate because I do not feel he should be today's lynch. He is currently not the scummiest player here. (My current read on Monkey would be scummy, leaning neutral)

@Monkey: Who do you think is town?
Asking who is town is pretty scummy thing to ask, and only gives scum the advantage.

FOS: Brandi
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:04 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Ugh, alt again, sorry.

FOS: Brandi
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:15 am

Post by Brandi »

I have always viewed this question as a pro-town question. Especially when asked to a player that has recently been under a lot of fire.

You have cast suspicion on SOG, a player supporting your lynch who doesn't really stand out as much.

Depending on who you claim to view as townie and why, you might look more pro-town, or you might look scummy.

In many games I've been in, it's always been a very common thing for multiple players to give their opinions on who they view as townie, and why, and who they view as scummy and why.

Please explain to me what type of "advantage" scum might gain over the town by making such an inquiry? Because quite frankly that doesn't make any sense at all to me.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:21 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Brandi wrote:I have always viewed this question as a pro-town question. Especially when asked to a player that has recently been under a lot of fire.

You have cast suspicion on SOG, a player supporting your lynch who doesn't really stand out as much.

Depending on who you claim to view as townie and why, you might look more pro-town, or you might look scummy.

In many games I've been in, it's always been a very common thing for multiple players to give their opinions on who they view as townie, and why, and who they view as scummy and why.

Please explain to me what type of "advantage" scum might gain over the town by making such an inquiry? Because quite frankly that doesn't make any sense at all to me.
Well, they'd know who to NK, for one, just like they want to get rid of confirmed town, they'd want to get rid of speculated town too.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:46 am

Post by Brandi »

O_o

Um. Scum knows who the town is... they don't need to *guess* to hit town. And how exactly does your opinion on who is town make them "confirmed" ?

I seriously doubt any scum in ANY game would ever use other players opinions of who's townie or not to direct their kills. That is just senseless.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:50 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Brandi wrote:O_o

Um. Scum knows who the town is... they don't need to *guess* to hit town. And how exactly does your opinion on who is town make them "confirmed" ?

I seriously doubt any scum in ANY game would ever use other players opinions of who's townie or not to direct their kills. That is just senseless.
That's not necessarily true that scum know who every town is...
you're more suspicious at this point than semioldguy, so...

Unvote:
Vote: Brandi
fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:59 am

Post by fuzzylightning »

The scum know who isn't them, which is just as good as being the rest of the town since they would need to eliminate them to win the game.
0-1 as Mafia
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:01 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

fuzzylightning wrote:The scum know who isn't them, which is just as good as being the rest of the town since they would need to eliminate them to win the game.
I wouldn't say it's "just as good", some roles are more dangerous than others.
fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:05 am

Post by fuzzylightning »

well, yes, but just because you speculate that someone is town, doesn't mean they have a special role unless they have claimed
0-1 as Mafia
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:06 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

fuzzylightning wrote:well, yes, but just because you speculate that someone is town, doesn't mean they have a special role unless they have claimed
There are possible third party roles as well as town and scum.
fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:08 am

Post by fuzzylightning »

i know that, but that is not what i am saying, speculating someone is town really doesn't help the scum
0-1 as Mafia

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”